Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,114 members, 7,890,700 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:33 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310463 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
odowetalu: It was by 10:45am Abuja consulate.
VO: hello
Me: Good morning
VO: pass me your documents
So [/b]why you going to HCC?[b]
Me: for prerequisite studies before I transfer to the University Of Houston.
VO: [/b]why HCC?[b]
Me: it has an articulated student transfer plan that enables students like me transfer without any loss of credit and it also has a good student faculty ratio (interrupts me)
VO: what is it you said you want to do?
Me: petroleum engineering
VO: ok who is funding your studies?
Me: my sister .
VO: what does she do?
Me: told him.
[/b]VO: I don't see why she will be spending So much for something not important. I will deny your bla bla bla[b]

Well reading your interview....I think the VO denied you because You are going to a CC for that kind of Major....with just a prerequisite studies. (why he termed it spending so much for something notnimportant)..My advice is to apply to a reputable Uni, take standardize test and go for your visa.......Just my own thought tho.....the house can contribute more on this. undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:08pm On Jan 07, 2013
Anthonymighty:

Well reading your interview....I think the VO denied you because You are going to a CC for that kind of Major....with just a prerequisite studies. (why he termed it spending so much for something notnimportant)..My advice is to apply to a reputable Uni, take standardize test and go for your visa.......Just my own thought tho.....the house can contribute more on this. undecided

Question is: did odowetalu think the VO was asking what he wanted to do after the CC degree or study in CC? I guess odowetalu said the reason why he chose CC is to get prerequisites done so that he can go for his Pet. Engr in UH not the major in CC (if I'm correct, PE is not offered in any CC). His reason for CC is...well, acceptable to me but the VO concluded there is no need to waste money on CC by his "sister" of which the money can be spend on normal university degree. She indirectly mean......capital NO! to CC. Some other factors are there too such as fear, comportment, desperation, facial expression, body language and LUCK.

HCC would have been a better choice because it's located in Oil rich region but question is: is there any prerequisite needed for PE offered in CC and not univeristy(BS)? No! Checkmate!

odowetalu: It was by 10:45am Abuja consulate.

So why you going to HCC?
Me: for prerequisite studies before I transfer to the University Of Houston.
VO: why HCC?
Me: .......(interrupts me)

VO: what is it you said you want to do?
Me: petroleum engineering
VO: ok who is funding your studies?
Me: my sister .

VO: I don't see why she will be spending So much for something not important. I will deny your bla bla bla

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rashypep(m): 7:20pm On Jan 07, 2013
i am new to this thread, i really need a US school which i can apply to with a Secondclass lower division of (2.93) Computer science. i would appreciate if i can get some answers to my question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rashypep(m): 7:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
i am going for a MSC in computer related field
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealedlipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:37pm On Jan 07, 2013
@365malachy

This is called spam, why not post it in travel ad section?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
rashypep: i am new to this thread, i really need a US school which i can apply to with a Secondclass lower division of (2.93) Computer science. i would appreciate if i can get some answers to my question.

Your CGPA can still get you schools if you can help yourself by doing good research using www.usnews.com and www.google.com and write standardize tests to silence any critic.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 7:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
ronald2g1: Pls house is it possible for my lil sis to do her sss(senior secondary) classes in the states and pls if its possible how do I go abt that one, cos I hv no idea towards its application, wants her to come stay with me over dere wen I move insha Allah this friday. Once again happy new year all

Yes is very possible but her sponsorship is very important
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:11pm On Jan 07, 2013
@Yvete,

Check your inbox.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by odowetalu(m): 9:42pm On Jan 07, 2013
sorry i missed onne part
vo: why cc?
me: my toefl scores where late for u of h so the international students advisor told me to do one semester at a cc and transfer back so i would still start this spring.
imperiouxx:

Question is: did odowetalu think the VO was asking what he wanted to do after the CC degree or study in CC? I guess odowetalu said the reason why he chose CC is to get prerequisites done so that he can go for his Pet. Engr in UH not the major in CC (if I'm correct, PE is not offered in any CC). His reason for CC is...well, acceptable to me but the VO concluded there is no need to waste money on CC by his "sister" of which the money can be spend on normal university degree. She indirectly mean......capital NO! to CC. Some other factors are there too such as fear, comportment, desperation, facial expression, body language and LUCK.

HCC would have been a better choice because it's located in Oil rich region but question is: is there any prerequisite needed for PE offered in CC and not univeristy(BS)? No! Checkmate!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 9:52pm On Jan 07, 2013
Happy new year to everyone on NL. I'm sorry this is coming a bit late.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rashypep(m): 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
ok, thanks, i would do just as you said. but will toefl exam be a good option.

imperiouxx:

Your CGPA can still get you schools if you can help yourself by doing good research using www.usnews.com and www.google.com and write standardize tests to silence any critic.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronald2g1(m): 9:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

She would be coming for a High school. I don't know how rich or prominent you guys are in Nigeria but I will say, it almost kids of prominent people in Nigeria that opportunity is given.

Can a company in Nigeria employs pre-degree students where BS/NDs/MS/PhD are in the pool? Well, anything doesn't find it hard to happen in Nigeria sha but around the globe like you asked....... Associate degree can't get you job but serves as link between preparatory class and university degree.

It is well friend. Lesson: Control your fear, fear is a killer not even death.
@imperioux thanks much for d inisght info, well I tot abt it too, its berra she chills till uni n avoid spendin too much wen bigger n betta chances awaits
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronald2g1(m): 10:03pm On Jan 07, 2013
Pls I will stop usin dis ronaldid to post, I hv been a usin his id frm d firsy day he hlpd me to ask some questns on nairaland here cos am nt a nairalander n he just brought d idea n I guess he was helpful n since hv been personally usin his id, I will be usin my real id as prince ola afta I open a nairaland account tho once I travel to enable me continue d alredi shared humanitarian bond n not let d normal attitude of nigerians leavin afta gettin wah dey want get ova me. Thnx u all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Dotun82: 10:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
Yvette; Can you accept my request? I sent you a message, pls reply.

I've been reading your posts for a while. This is not one of those fraudulent messages. I stay/work in Dallas with Texas Instruments so no worries. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Hope your cousin arrived safely.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 10:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
ronald2g1: Pls I will stop usin dis ronaldid to post, I hv been a usin his id frm d firsy day he hlpd me to ask some questns on nairaland here cos am nt a nairalander n he just brought d idea n I guess he was helpful n since hv been personally usin his id, I will be usin my real id as prince ola afta I open a nairaland account tho once I travel to enable me continue d alredi shared humanitarian bond n not let d normal attitude of nigerians leavin afta gettin wah dey want get ova me. Thnx u all
Ok prince Ola,dnt desert this thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 3:37am On Jan 08, 2013
Why is this place kind of silent today No more spring applicant? Or everyone are preparing for resumptions?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 7:22am On Jan 08, 2013
Adolite: Why is this place kind of silent today No more spring applicant? Or everyone are preparing for resumptions?
it's simply quiet because the main purpose of this thread has been sidelined and this thread has now become some people's sitting room...lol

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
This thread must not die before my own testimony, I must share my own good news for before everyone here by God's grace...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
olarwarlay: This thread must not die before my own testimony, I must share my own good news for before everyone here by God's grace...

Even after you. At least I stand against those spreading panic and derailing it. And still kept it going for what it's meant for.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 3:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
Looool grin cheesy grin cheesy grin ... Wow! So much bitterness because of yesterday. Interesting that people have forgotten that at some point, we've all had conversations that do not relate to students' visa.

On a final note, now that mamacita has left this thread, there's no woman to fight or fight for. Enjoy your thread, knock on peoples doors to come post their interviews and if they don't, sit quietly and wait. SMH
@ Odowetalu: You can take pre-reqs for Pet. Eng at a CC. For a bachelors degree in the State of Texas, all Freshman and Sophmores take the same classes at any College till your Junor year when you start specific degree related courses. I took the same classes at HCC as someone going for Chem. Eng, for instance. Keep your CC admission and apply to UH. When you get here, transfer your 1-20 back to the CC.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
Yvete: Looool grin cheesy grin cheesy grin ... Wow! So much bitterness because of yesterday. Interesting that people have forgotten that at some point, we've all had conversations that do not relate to students' visa.

On a final note, now that mamacita has left this thread, there's no woman to fight or fight for. Enjoy your thread, knock on peoples doors to come post their interviews and if they don't, sit quietly and wait. SMH
@ Odewetalu: You can take pre-reqs for Pet. Eng at a CC. For a bachelors degree in the State of Texas, all Freshman and Sophmores take the same classes at any College till your Junor year (300 Level). I took the same classes at HCC as someone going for Chem. Eng, for instance. Keep your CC admission and apply to UH. When you get here, transfer your 1-20 back to the CC.
yvete u will pay a fine for using my color o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
fadinus: yvete u will pay a fine for using my color o

lol grin FADINUS FADINUS FADINUS u wanna 'derail' their thread again?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 6:54pm On Jan 08, 2013
Anybody here with SAT Materials should please kindly send to my email promiseogidiolu1@gmail.com Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olatunjin(m): 7:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
Please help mε̲̣̣̣̥ out,I want to travel abroad to further my studies but don't know Ĥ♡Ѡ to go about it.I did industrial maintenance Engineering in Yabatech for my ND and came out with pass. Would I need to start afresh abroad or what and Ĥ♡Ѡ would I go about it?Can I use my ND to further more and is SAT or TOLF necessary for international student?In case I want to start with my Olevel is it possible pls advice mε̲̣̣̣̥ I'm in my late twenties.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 7:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
Yvete:

lol grin FADINUS FADINUS FADINUS u wanna 'derail' their thread again?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
NOPE *lipsealed*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 7:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
imperiouxx:

Even after you. At least I stand against those spreading panic and derailing it. And still kept it going for what it's meant for.
That's very good!...howfa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 7:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
Yvete: Looool grin cheesy grin cheesy grin ... Wow! So much bitterness because of yesterday. [b]Interesting that people have forgotten that at some point, we've all had conversations that do not relate to students' visa.[/b]

@ Odowetalu: You can take pre-reqs for Pet. Eng at a CC. For a bachelors degree in the State of Texas, all Freshman and Sophmores take the same classes at any College till your Junor year when you start specific degree related courses. I took the same classes at HCC as someone going for Chem. Eng, for instance. Keep your CC admission and apply to UH. When you get here, transfer your 1-20 back to the CC.
Yeah, you may be correct to a point, it's okay to discuss some other things outside visa at times, but it becomes disturbing when it's now an everyday issue to always talk about "other stuff" not related to visa, I know we want to keep the thread lively and on but i personally feel we have chased away so many prospective visa applicants due to the way we answer them when they ask questions and we decide to neglect them and discuss our own "issues"...I have also said some jokes or said stuff not related to visas but I don't do it everyday, some people are scared now that if they ask a question, they will be insulted or talked to out of anger and disgust so they have just decided to keep mute and read whatever they can grab from the thread...we can joke or derail a bit but not all the time...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
Yvete:

It's not "their" thread...it's "our" thread, at least you have given more advices to people than i or anyone apart from imperiouxx has..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
walex57:
That's very good!...howfa

I'm good and preparing for 3rd-4th quarter. I need this whole MS end soon, there are many grounds to break.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2013
imperiouxx:

I'm good and preparing for 3rd-4th quarter. I need this whole MS end soon, there are many grounds to break.
No worries bro, very soon you go dey smile...

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.