Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,047 members, 7,890,451 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:14 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310429 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2013
walex57:
Yeah, you may be correct to a point, it's okay to discuss some other things outside visa at times, but it becomes disturbing when it's now an everyday issue to always talk about "other stuff" not related to visa, I know we want to keep the thread lively and on but i personally feel we have chased away so many prospective visa applicants due to the way we answer them when they ask questions and we decide to neglect them and discuss our own "issues"...I have also said some jokes or said stuff not related to visas but I don't do it everyday, some people are scared now that if they ask a question, they will be insulted or talked to out of anger and disgust so they have just decided to keep mute and read whatever they can grab from the thread...we can joke or derail a bit but not all the time...

Nice one bro!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
walex57:
Yeah, you may be correct to a point, it's okay to discuss some other things outside visa at times, but it becomes disturbing when it's now an everyday issue to always talk about "other stuff" not related to visa, I know we want to keep the thread lively and on but i personally feel we have chased away so many prospective visa applicants due to the way we answer them when they ask questions and we decide to neglect them and discuss our own "issues"...I have also said some jokes or said stuff not related to visas but I don't do it everyday, some people are scared now that if they ask a question, they will be insulted or talked to out of anger and disgust so they have just decided to keep mute and read whatever they can grab from the thread...we can joke or derail a bit but not all the time...

No one chased prospective applicants away. We all together asked that people shouldn't ask silly questions because it could be annoying sometimes, at the same time they should form the habit of reading through the whole thread for their better understanding.... I did the same. In the past it was worst than this, people come here, take each other one on one, bragging, insulting and cursing each other. In fact some only come to rubbish new applicant's English (what level of demoralization that could be?). I know how many of those guys I fought here, is it the English monitors, those rubbishing GA without knowledge of how it works, those discouraging new applicants saying US is harder than Nigeria or the one tailing me for no reason and recently the anti-personal opinion......and I'll keep fighting this set of people inasmuch I'm still on this thread. Sometimes I feel like stopping too but my fingers control my mind, clicking on Nairaland.com involuntarily.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 8:05pm On Jan 08, 2013
olatunji_n: Please help mε̲̣̣̣̥ out,I want to travel abroad to further my studies but don't know Ĥ♡Ѡ to go about it.I did industrial maintenance Engineering in Yabatech for my ND and came out with pass. Would I need to start afresh abroad or what and Ĥ♡Ѡ would I go about it?Can I use my ND to further more and is SAT or TOLF necessary for international student?In case I want to start with my Olevel is it possible pls advice mε̲̣̣̣̥ I'm in my late twenties.
well..with a pass in ND, well i cannot say much, but you will definitely need to write SAT and TOEFL, apply to the school using your O levels and ND result, the major thing is for the school to offer you admission, try to perform excellently in SAT so as to overcome the hustles of the embassy, also with your age, there's no problem if you can defend yourself and your "wait times" to the VO...above all do all with faith and determination and you'll get it...others can shed more light
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 8:09pm On Jan 08, 2013
fadinus:
NOPE *lipsealed*
Boy, what's up? Been tryna ping you on bbm since two days ago. Wanna ask ya sth.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
walex57:
It's not "their" thread...it's "our" thread, at least you have given more advices to people than i or anyone apart from imperiouxx has..

She is joking..... she has hooked up, only no internet can stop her.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2013
imperiouxx:

She is joking..... she has hooked up, only no internet can stop her.
She better be...'cos she is still the present "first lady" of this thread...well maybe until her tenure is over...lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 10:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Boy, what's up? Been tryna ping you on bbm since two days ago. Wanna ask ya sth.
cool bro, Netwrk issues here in enugu, will ping u tday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Uzodynmah: 10:30pm On Jan 08, 2013
It was at the Lagos Consulate, Interview was for 8:30. After all the checks, i was interviewed by the white guy with cold blue eyes in window 7. He was basically rejecting most students (maybe he didn't think them genuine) and visiting visa applicants too (most didn’t look genuine), but was giving old people who were equally going on visiting too.
Me: Good morning (with a grin)
VO: Hello good morning, could you please pass you documents?
i passed them
VO: so what are you going to the US for?
ME: I'm to study for a masters degree in Technology Management at UB.
Vo: So where's UB?
ME: Bridgeport CT.
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3 schools (UM, UA and UB)
VO: why did you pick UB?
ME: I picked UB, majorly for two reasons. First because the core curriculum of this program is in line with my career and academic aspirations, I have interests in Information Systems engineering and how human and computer interaction can foster self learning. And secondly because I’m interested in the works of Professor Neal....... He is an associate professor in this department and worked closely with Professor Sugata Mintra who pioneered and has been running the hole in the wall initiative in India for the last 13 years. Which is similar to what the organization I work with intends to carry out in Nigerian with funding from the DFID. So for me it would be a mind blowing experience to study under him.
VO: So what will this degree do for you considering you don't have a science background and what will you do upon return?
ME: it will qualify be for a senior position upon my return, which is what a graduate degree from America can do. Plus studying under Prof Lewis, whose works are quite similar to what my organization intend to carry out in Nigeria in partnership with Murtala Mohammed Foundation and approved funding from DFID, will for me be one of the most impacting times of my career.
VO: Did you take any qualifying exams?
ME: Yes, hands him my GRE
VO: Was it a prerequisite for admission?
ME: NO
VO: Who will be sponsoring this trip?
ME: why Mom
VO: What does your mom do?
Me: She’s a principal Consultant at the federal ministry of ...................................
VO: do u have proof of financial support
ME: Yes pls, passes him my Mom’s acc balance.
After he scrutinizes it.
So (calls my Name) you have proven to be that you will study and return to Nigeria. You should pick up your visa in Lekki on Thursday. Your I20 and sevis will be returned to you at the visa pickup office. Have a great time studying and enjoy CT.
ME: Thank You Mister.
That's it people. Above all i prayed and fasted about it fervently. then i believed in faith according to Matt. 21:22. there's nothing impossible with God people. smiley grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 10:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
Uzodynmah: It was at the Lagos Consulate, Interview was for 8:30. After all the checks, i was interviewed by the white guy with cold blue eyes in window 7. He was basically regretting most students (maybe he didn't think them genuine) and visit visa applicants too (most didn’t look genuine), but was giving old people who were equally going on visiting too.
i passed them
ME: I picked UB, majorly for two reasons. First because the core curriculum of this program is in line with my career and academic aspirations, I have interests in Information Systems engineering and how human and computer interaction can foster self learning. And secondly because I’m interested in the works of Professor Neal.............. He is an associate professor in this department and worked closely with Professor Sugata Mintra who pioneered and has been running the hole in the wall initiative in India for the last 13 years. Which is similar to what the organization I work with intends to carry out in Nigerian with funding from the DFID. So for me it would be a mind blowing experience tom study under him.
VO: So what will this degree do for you considering you don't have a science background and what will you do upon return?
ME: it will qualify be for a senior position upon my return, which is what a graduate degree from America can do. Plus studying under Prof Lewis, whose works are quite similar to what my organization intend to carry out in Nigeria in partnership with Murtala Mohammed Foundation and approved funding from DFID, will for me be one of the most impacting times of my career.
Me: She’s a principal Consultant at the federal ministry of ...................................
After he scrutinizes it.
So (calls my Name) you have proven to be that you will study and return to Nigeria. You should pick up your visa in Lekki on Thursday. Your I20 and sevis will be returned to you at the visa pickup office. Have a great time studying and enjoy CT.
That's it people. Above all i prayed and fasted about it fervently. then i believed in faith according to Matt. 21:22. there's nothing impossible with God people. smiley grin
Congrats bro...welcome on board!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 11:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
Uzodynmah: It was at the Lagos Consulate, Interview was for 8:30. After all the checks, i was interviewed by the white guy with cold blue eyes in window 7. He was basically regretting most students (maybe he didn't think them genuine) and visit visa applicants too (most didn’t look genuine), but was giving old people who were equally going on visiting too.
i passed them
ME: I picked UB, majorly for two reasons. First because the core curriculum of this program is in line with my career and academic aspirations, I have interests in Information Systems engineering and how human and computer interaction can foster self learning. And secondly because I’m interested in the works of Professor Neal.............. He is an associate professor in this department and worked closely with Professor Sugata Mintra who pioneered and has been running the hole in the wall initiative in India for the last 13 years. Which is similar to what the organization I work with intends to carry out in Nigerian with funding from the DFID. So for me it would be a mind blowing experience tom study under him.
After he scrutinizes it.

Congrats bro! So happy for U... U'll rejoice wif Me too soon!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Uzodynmah: 11:42pm On Jan 08, 2013
Thanks smiley
walex57:
Congrats bro...welcome on board!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 11:50pm On Jan 08, 2013
i passed them
After he scrutinizes it.
Congrats bro.
The schools you applied to alone indicates your level of academic seriousness. Very good schools they are. Congrats once more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olatunjin(m): 11:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
walex57:
well..with a pass in ND, well i cannot say much, but you will definitely need to write SAT and TOEFL, apply to the school using your O levels and ND result, the major thing is for the school to offer you admission, try to perform excellently in SAT so as to overcome the hustles of the embassy, also with your age, there's no problem if you can defend yourself and your "wait times" to the VO...above all do all with faith and determination and you'll get it...others can shed more light
»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ bro I'm very greatful,Pls Ĥ♡Ѡ can I registered for this SAT or TOEFL and which one is more important among the Two.What about if the Sch I want to does not require for it because according to most of the they always I can only need it if I come from a non English speaking country.Pls tell mε̲̣̣̣̥ about it and l also want a low price university Bcus I A̶̲̥̅♏ the one sponsoring myself can I get a scholarship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 12:56am On Jan 09, 2013
i passed them
After he scrutinizes it.

After I read the first few lines of your testimony, I knew you got the visa. This shows you really prepared for the interview cos u just dey give the vo "dapada" (back-to-sender), as he blow you one, you dey blow am back with 5!

A big thumbs up to you and Congratulations!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:21am On Jan 09, 2013
olatunji_n: »̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ bro I'm very greatful,Pls Ĥ♡Ѡ can I registered for this SAT or TOEFL and which one is more important among the Two.What about if the Sch I want to does not require for it because according to most of the they always I can only need it if I come from a non English speaking country.Pls tell mε̲̣̣̣̥ about it and l also want a low price university Bcus I A̶̲̥̅♏ the one sponsoring myself can I get a scholarship?
My brother I wanted to ignore this your post at first but however decided not to.
I thought someone had already replied you before with a website where you could check out several US schools and choose those that fit your aspirations? Know that not many people will be willing to spoon-feed you with information. Many people on this forum did their research themselves. Since you're going for undergraduate studies, you'll most likely write the SAT test. You can register for the exam in Lagos at various accredited centers/agents. Costs about N14600 or thereabout. The next exam date comes up in march, already late to register for that of this month. At UG level you'll also most likely write the TOEFL, in addition (costs between 35g - 40g). However, if its not part of your prospective school's requirement, forget it then. Good for you. Either way make sure you write at least one of both standardized tests for interview purposes even if both are not required by your school (which seems unlikely), unless you want to stand the chance of being denied your visa.
As for your last question, nobody will do it better than you, bro. You'll HAVE to do your research yourself and find low-cost schools that suit you, schools that may give you partial/full scholarship in the end and of course you know what that means to a self-sponsored international student running on low budget. Finally, avoid VIU and community colleges!!!!
My two cents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 2:00am On Jan 09, 2013
bigfrancis21:
My brother I wanted to ignore this your post at first but however decided not to.
I thought someone had already replied you before with a website where you could check out several US schools and choose those that fit your aspirations? Know that not many people will be willing to spoon-feed you with information. Many people on this forum did their research themselves. Since you're going for undergraduate studies, you'll most likely write the SAT test. You can register for the exam in Lagos at various accredited centers/agents. Costs about N14600 or thereabout. The next exam date comes up in march, already late to register for that of this month. At UG level you'll also most likely write the TOEFL, in addition (costs between 35g - 40g). However, if its not part of your prospective school's requirement, forget it then. Good for you. Either way make sure you write at least one of both standardized tests for interview purposes even if both are not required by your school (which seems unlikely), unless you want to stand the chance of being denied your visa.
As for your last question, nobody will do it better than you, bro. You'll HAVE to do your research yourself and find low-cost schools that suit you, schools that may give you partial/full scholarship in the end and of course you know what that means to a self-sponsored international student running on low budget. Finally, avoid VIU and community colleges!!!!
My two cents.
Lol... grin grin grin grin...thanks for the reply ...i was thinking about what I was going to say but you said it all...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olatunjin(m): 8:14am On Jan 09, 2013
bigfrancis21:
My two cents.
»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ very much I'm very grateful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 9:03am On Jan 09, 2013
walex57:
Lol... grin grin grin grin...thanks for the reply ...i was thinking about what I was going to say but you said it all...
Lol...Ω̴̩̩̩̥α the koko nau. HƠ̴̴̴̴͡w your studies ðε̲̣̣̣̥Ɣ go?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by justwise(m): 9:31am On Jan 09, 2013
@olarwarlay

Please avoid dropping your contact details here for people to contact you, if you want to help anybody do it openly as many are doing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 10:49am On Jan 09, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kennytidistar(m): 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2013
[bigfrancis21].

Thanx, i saw your hand of saul and your voice of Jacob.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
kennytidistar: [bigfrancis21].

Thanx, i saw your hand of saul and your voice of Jacob.
Lolol. I'm kinda lost here o. Explain.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by xtus(m): 6:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
kudoos to u all in this thread
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by geodarmy: 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2013
Found this article on yahoo news and felt I should share.

Hot jobs that pay atleast 70k+ a year

http://career-services.monster.com/yahooarticle/7-Hot-Jobs-For-70K#WT.mc_n=yta_fpt_article_7_hot_jobs_70K
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
xtus: @ all, please i need help with universities in the usa i can apply to. i graduated with a 3rd class. abeg make una plz with 5 univrsities i fit apply to as i will b taking the GRE and TOELF this coming march

This is the kind of question we just discussed. Not even 1 university (5 universities), everyone got something important to do with time. Abeeegi, search the internet: www.google.com, www.usnews.com

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by xtus(m): 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
imperiouxx:

This is the kind of question we just discussed. Not even 1 university (5 universities), everyone got something important to do with their time. Abeeegi, search the internet: www.google.com, www.usnews.com

@mr imperious do u think i got a chance with my grade?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
xtus:

@mr imperious do u think i got a chance with my grade?

Haba, why not. Get astonishing grades in your standardize tests, search for schools with minimum requirement and see what I mean. However, you need to write those schools you found first. Most look at 2 of your final upper level grade i.e 300 to 500L and if this won't work in your case, they can give you good suggestion if there is any. Some schools are lenient in policy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by xtus(m): 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
imperiouxx:

Haba, why not. Get astonishing grades in your standardize tests, search for school with minimum requirement and see what I mean.

thanx boss 4 ur assistance

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.