Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,114 members, 7,890,699 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:32 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310463 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
webstradamus:

I was looking out for your comment grin grin grin
grin grin

Some people just "manufacture" information on a whim for public consumption.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bones007: 7:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
edun.o:
Are the prices these us schools quote on their website the same price they quote on the i120. I hav been looking for schools in the us, and the ones I have bin seeing are quite expensive, if I go 2 uk with dat amount I might not need to work tru out my programme.
Pls who can recommend good schools below $30000. Thank u.

North carolina state university
Concord university etc,u will find enough uni in that range of ur price.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
kpolli: And u were driving on Naija roads shocked shocked shocked Bad girl...

But over in Louisiana, you can't get a license without SSN... So maybe you should tell the hiring office your having issues obtaining one... Why can't you just simply use ur Passport, i94 n I-20 as means of identification? You no get voters card nii or something?

dis badt girl is waiting for kpolli to me the benz before i get d naija licence. im moving back to houston dis summer so ill be ur neighbor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mamacita007:

dis badt girl is waiting for kpolli to me the benz before i get d naija licence. im moving back to houston dis summer so ill be ur neighbor.

You should have told me since, now the benz is rottening in my father's garage in Naija cry

Myt be around or myt not be around for summer... Not sure yet
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bukahands(m): 8:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
winbyforce:
You can get downloadable sample practice questions at the ETS/GRE website.I used it prior to my exam-it's the same format and setting as the main exam.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:52pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mamacita007: pls house, has anybody experienced difficulty in trying to get a drivers license and state id card? i went to the MVD office and they said dat my sevis is not showing any information on deir system.i went back to my international students office and they showed me that im active with sevis. i went back again today and the woman is saying the same thing. ive taken dis matter to God becos i wonder whats going on. Even for the job on campus, they said dat i shud bring 2 forms of id. my passport, i-20 and drivers license or state id card. wat can i do abt dis?
is it becos my i-94 is thru houston immigration? yvete i called u 2ce yesterday. my landlady still refuse to connect the internet. pls cal her today.

Mamacita007:

I took everything dere today. every single document. they said that im inactive with uscis. i even took my schedule of classes for dis spring semester showing 9hrs enrollment. shud i leave dem and get international drivers licence? becos my kenyan friend is using it to drive here. i no get drivers licence frm naija.

person wey still dey naija. you dey mind am? mschewww always criticizing pple

Funny. Such happened to me when I went for SSN the following week I got to US because my GA stipend can't be paid without SSN. At last, I was told at the SS administration to come back after 30 day and guess what after 30 days?......I went back to submit all documents and the SSN was given few weeks later. State ID......hmmm, you wan start dey go club and party ni, sebi you just got to the state nau...How dem wan know say you be resident of the state when you never spend up to 3 weeks there? Chill nau..... Driver's license take some weeks too but you can drive well with you international driver's license for a year. Though this varies with state.

All in all.....Abeg, exercise some patience.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
kpolli: You guys haven't noticed he (ferdimako) goes mainly to Australia thread, just comes here once in a while to cos chaos and leave... undecided

A de fi be = except that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:04pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mamacita007:

thnks.i ll talk to my employer on monday. they said i can start work for now as long as my ssn is in progress. its a library job sha with $8.95 per hr and i cant work more than 20 hrs a week. na rent and food money be dat. llooooll
ive studied the drivers licence book even though i was driving in naija for 2 yrs without licence. one man chop for my money for naija so i fashy d thing. God help us

If you are on full GA...forget about any other on campus job. The graduate school won't even let you near it unless you want to risk losing the GA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 11:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
imperiouxx:

Sure, I will do that when I come back from class today.
That would be okay.
I also have the official GRE test simulation software which I downloaded from the ETS website. However, I cant distribute it due to its massive size - 60MB. The software when run depicts the actual test conditions. I highly recommend it. Anyone who really needs it can download it from www.ets.org/gre
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bukahands(m): 11:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
bigfrancis21:
That would be okay.
I also have the official GRE test simulation software which I downloaded from the ETS website. However, I cant distribute it due to its massive size - 60MB. The software when run depicts the actual test conditions. I highly recommend it. Anyone who really needs it can download it from www.ets.org/gre

thanks mate always helping
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by reddish(f): 12:29am On Jan 19, 2013
Big Francis.pls I need toefl n gre materials. My email is purplish105@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:04am On Jan 19, 2013
@kpolli,

I'm going to tell her about what you said on the other thread. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:00am On Jan 19, 2013
imperiouxx: @kpolli,

I'm going to tell her about what you said on the other thread. grin

Me? Who? Said what? What thread? Wasn't me grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 6:09am On Jan 19, 2013
kpolli:

You should have told me since, now the benz is rottening in my father's garage in Naija cry

Myt be around or myt not be around for summer... Not sure yet

U didn't notice me well. After those shootings am tilting towards Down Under. Still get half eye for the States. I've done my GRE but US is a long shot now on. I just corrected someone and you see it as a problem.Okay!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by webstradamus: 6:51am On Jan 19, 2013
Mamacita007:

thnks.i ll talk to my employer on monday. they said i can start work for now as long as my ssn is in progress. its a library job sha with $8.95 per hr and i cant work more than 20 hrs a week. na rent and food money be dat. llooooll
ive studied the drivers licence book even though i was driving in naija for 2 yrs without licence. one man chop for my money for naija so i fashy d thing. God help us

I knew they were going to understand your situation on the ID thingy smileyBTW, congrats on your job! You're really very fortunate to have gotten a job in your first few days on campus! Library is a fun place to work, though can be a lil' stressful depending on the dept (circulation, reference, archives, technical, ILL etc) but I'm pretty sure you'll do just fine. And since you're a grad student, you even stand the chance of landing a GA position there next semester if you do a good job this semester.

As per your driver's license, next step after studying the manual is to practice on this website below. Take the test severally until you begin to get 30/30 even with your eyes closed! You may then go for the test and come back to thank me later grin

http://www.driversprep.com/test.php?state=az

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:49am On Jan 19, 2013
Haha! Someone got slammed on this thread for misinformation! Guess WVU sounds like VIU grin cheesy grin cheesy
Funny comments here! The know-it-all about schools in the US lives in Nigeria...hmnnn

Mamacita007: pls house, has anybody experienced difficulty in trying to get a drivers license and state id card? i went to the MVD office and they said dat my sevis is not showing any information on deir system.i went back to my international students office and they showed me that im active with sevis. i went back again today and the woman is saying the same thing. ive taken dis matter to God becos i wonder whats going on. Even for the job on campus, they said dat i shud bring 2 forms of id. my passport, i-20 and drivers license or state id card. wat can i do abt dis?
is it becos my i-94 is thru houston immigration? yvete i called u 2ce yesterday. my landlady still refuse to connect the internet. pls cal her today.

Been busy lil mama. Taking night classes this semester. Go from work ---> to class --> get home tired as ffff!
Your Landlord will hear from me tomorrow. AT&T high-speed wireless internet costs only $29/month. I don't understand this madness.
@ Webstradamus: Thanks for the advice.

imperiouxx: Funny. Such happened to me when I went for SSN the following week I got to US because my GA stipend can't be paid without SSN. At last, I was told at the SS administration to come back after 30 day and guess what after 30 days?......I went back to submit all documents and the SSN was given few weeks later. State ID......hmmm, you wan start dey go club and party ni, sebi you just got to the state nau...How dem wan know say you be resident of the state when you never spend up to 3 weeks there? Chill nau..... Driver's license take some weeks too but you can drive well with you international driver's license for a year. Though this varies with state. All in all.....Abeg, exercise some patience.

Speaking of parties, Imperiouxx you need to get out of that lab and have some fun! cheesy cheesy cheesy Take a break from bacteria and stem cells!
Mamacita didn't party this Christmas because of the ID. They even ID at Nigerian parties every Sunday. Plus, I wanna be a good role model. We partied in the house of God, praise & worship!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:55am On Jan 19, 2013
imperiouxx: @kpolli, I'm going to tell her about what you said on the other thread. grin

Imperiouxx: You better stay out of this! Kpolli is my in-law.

@Daisy: Don't slack! Kpolli is a Comp Sci/IT guy. In a few years, he'll be talking six figures. Now that's an ambitious man! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Don't dull! heheheheee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

Don't call any public school either large or small, old or new a crap. They get government funding, research grant and prospect could be there.

Okay...what school again were u guys calling crappy in Virginia? Na una mouth I dey follow oh...me never come to US the heaven!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 19, 2013
Yvete: Haha! Someone got slammed on this thread for misinformation! Guess WVU sounds like VIU grin cheesy grin cheesy
Funny comments here! The know-it-all about schools in the US lives in Nigeria...hmnnn

Been busy lil mama. Taking night classes this semester. Go from work ---> to class --> get home tired as ffff!
Your Landlord will hear from me tomorrow. AT&T high-speed wireless internet costs only $29/month. I don't understand this madness.
@ Webstradamus: Thanks for the advice.

My big cuz got his temporary DL last week. After the written test, you get the temp permit in TX, but cannot get the official DL until after 30 days of continuous residency in the state. You don't need SSN to get DL here.

Speaking of parties, Imperiouxx you need to get out of that lab and have some fun! cheesy cheesy cheesy Take a break from bacteria and stem cells!
Mamacita didn't party this Christmas because of the ID. They even ID at Nigerian parties every Sunday. Plus, I wanna be a good role model. Let's party in the house of God, praise & worship!

See role model..church person.....can't even let go a concluded chat effect.Dey ur heaven....where u born there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 9:27am On Jan 19, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 19, 2013
webstradamus:

I wouldn't get scared if I were you, because sometimes it takes up to 10 days for SEVIS updates to reflect across other government systems including the DMV. When did you check-in at the international office? As per the on-campus job, tell them you're new and do not have a Drivers License or State ID yet. They should be able to work out something for you except the job requires driving. Have you applied for SSN already?

I still dey Nigeria. My bad..I thought it was the one everyone there is ridiculing.Am looking at U of NC,charlotte and WIU,Chicago & East TN St Univ.Am torn between US and Australia.But by June I will know what is what.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 19, 2013
Yvete: ^^ You're not worth it. Wasn't born in Nigeria though so shoot yourself!

Life in Heaven is awesome. You can't stand up to the men on this thread yet you wanna pick on me. Someone called you ignorant yesterday, why don't you stand up to them? tongue tongue

Honestly I just saw those this morning.I've been busy with work and my finals. I don't look at gender before I comment. I just realized it wasn't the school everyone is being advised to stay away from. I have apologized.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 19, 2013
bigfrancis21:
That would be okay.

I dey fine. Has anything turned up? Al ring you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by VCTROKOYE: 10:03am On Jan 19, 2013
Please, does American Embassy stamp passport for visa denial?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 19, 2013
hello house, please, if you have PDF format of GRE test prep please kindly send to me. I am in need of it. I want to take my GRE next month. here is my email charles4real2005@yahoo.com
NB: PDF format please, i will so much appreciate it. Thanks alot house, i know i can count on you. God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 19, 2013
pls, anyone with the PDF format of GRE test prep. help out. charles4real2005@yahoo.com
PLeaase urgent plssssssss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 11:41am On Jan 19, 2013
slimmy05: hello house, please, if you have PDF format of GRE test prep please kindly send to me. I am in need of it. I want to take my GRE next month. here is my email charles4real2005@yahoo.com
NB: PDF format please, i will so much appreciate it. Thanks alot house, i know i can count on you. God bless
U all dat need GRE material should register with 4shared.com just type in Gre on d search option and get all d books u need.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2013
VCTROKOYE: Please, does American Embassy stamp passport for visa denial?

No, they don't stamp a thing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by babsharon(m): 1:56pm On Jan 19, 2013
Hello house pls ℓ̊ want †̥o know if ℓ̊ can face the embassy, got mba admission. The school did not requied gmat or gre f̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̝̇̇̇я̩̥̊ admission and they sent mε̲̣̣̣̥ α̲̅ waiver letter. ℓ̊ don't know if it will work. Pls house ℓ̊ need contribution on that. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 2:11pm On Jan 19, 2013
slimmy05: pls, anyone with the PDF format of GRE test prep. help out. charles4real2005@yahoo.com
PLeaase urgent plssssssss
To you and the others that need the materials:
I will send them at night. Got lotta stuffs i'm attending to at the moment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2013
ferdimako:

Honestly I just saw those this morning.I've been busy with work and my finals. I don't look at gender before I comment. I just realized it wasn't the school everyone is being advised to stay away from. I have apologized.

Go and sin no more!

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.