Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,113 members, 7,890,696 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:29 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310459 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2013
tonery009:

The fact is that even if they dont require Gmats, You will be asked at the embassy. Also, Not writing the GRE or GMATS, sends a signal that its a weak school looking for just customers

Not in all cases though because I know MIT graduate programs in Electrical Engineering do not require the GRE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
Yvete:
Speaking of parties, Imperiouxx you need to get out of that lab and have some fun! cheesy cheesy cheesy Take a break from bacteria and stem cells!
Mamacita didn't party this Christmas because of the ID. They even ID at Nigerian parties every Sunday. Plus, I wanna be a good role model. We partied in the house of God, praise & worship!

Trust me I do wella but got stuck in their kinda research here."ise l'ogun ise = work is the best treatment to lack" Let me come up with a publication at my level, get scientific recognition, start making this then you'll see my ringtone changed to "I feel like am flying over the anything!" grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 3:58pm On Jan 19, 2013
Yvete: Just a random thought!

Why do many Nigerians school in India when US Colleges (especially grad schools) are packed with Indian Students? I don't mean Indian-Americans here. I'm talking about International Students directly from India, and China as well. If their schools are that good, why do they turn out here en masse?
[s]Sitting in a classroom with a bunch of them and it got me kinda distracted. Aiight. Back to school[/s] grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

India is a very big country with over a billion population so seeing quite a number of them doesn't mean their schools are not good and besides, they have to spread out to enable them have access to jobs and other things because their resources cannot accommodate all their graduates.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2013
imperiouxx: ^^^ I laughed and couldn't imagine the number of Indians in my class when I saw an Indian school advert on NL. Surprisingly, they showed their Nigerian students posing to take pictures. I come for those Nigerians in pity.....what a waste of life! Also, their agents in Nigeria have deadline for application and date to sit for pocket money scholarship. Funny thing in one of the pics, the malay girls just put on Polo T-shirt, trust my naija guys they put on heavy jackets, one with head warmer sef.....looool

http://myschool.com.ng/school/study-abroad/india-scholarships/

I still dey in pity.

There isn't nothing to pity for to each his/her own. At least, the standard is better than that of most Nigerian schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
GboyegaD:

India is a very big country with over a billion population so seeing quite a number of them doesn't mean their schools are not good and besides, they have to spread out to enable them have access to jobs and other things because their resources cannot accommodate all their graduates.

This I strongly disagree with you sir. They are looking for greener pasture too. Why would some of them fake documents to get into US? Or why is securing the visa so hard for them too? Indians fake age, fake backlogs, fake their lives too. Even in the class, they sneak in formulas, definitions through their hopeless Samsung camera phones, at the sight of instructor leaving the examination room for who-knows-whatever, you'll clearly hear their hell murmurings(giving each other answers)....This I hate with passion but don't want to have enemies...else, I would have love to bring an exam to standstill one day. They almost killed me in Biochemical Method lab yesterday because they know nada in biochem but they all flock together like stray sheep. Seminar presentation...."C", GPA....dancing Alingo.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 5:51pm On Jan 19, 2013
So, I have been finally un-banned. grin

Where are the Visa applicants?

Imperiouxx:

Maybe the Indians in your school are the few dullards from INDIAN around. I have some smart Indian friends here who are top of their class. How is your research going?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dkgetmuny: 6:00pm On Jan 19, 2013
This house is a very funny one...anyway was Surprised too when the dude called WVU crap...well I think I will just go with getting an official letter from my Co+ordinator stating that GRE aiint needed for that course..cos those consular people yilori well well...I also pray my valid visiting visa gives me an edge
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
dkgetmuny: This house is a very funny one ...anyway was Surprised too when the dude called WVU crap...well I think I will just go with getting an official letter from my Co+ordinator stating that GRE aiint needed for that course..cos those consular people yilori well well...I also pray my valid visiting visa gives me an edge

Please write GRE for the visa. Just for that! We've seen excellent interviews get screwed for this reason.
Read page 141 - 145. You'll understand.

Your visiting visa could also be interpreted by the VO this way; you visited the US, loved it and want to be resident here temporarily. Hence, the student visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:07pm On Jan 19, 2013
OjaP: So, I have been finally un-banned. grin

Hey OjaP! The mods brought you back to life huh? cheesy cheesy Good Morning!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 6:11pm On Jan 19, 2013
Yvete:

Hey OjaP! The mods brought you back to life huh? cheesy cheesy Good Morning!

Yea Yvette, I made some comments in a thread like that where I was first to comment and was dancing azonto....... grin grin grin grin

I think the mod. got angry with that......lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:29pm On Jan 19, 2013
ferdimako:

U didn't notice me well. After those shootings am tilting towards Down Under. Still get half eye for the States. I've done my GRE but US is a long shot now on. I just corrected someone and you see it as a problem.Okay!

Well ur "help" was misleading.... I don't see it as a problem nor have a problem with u, sef i kinda like the way u move on here but when ur 2 consecutive posts happen to cos friction here... It tends to look bad

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2013
Yvete:

Imperiouxx: You better stay out of this! Kpolli is my in-law.

@Daisy: Don't slack! Kpolli is a Comp Sci/IT guy. In a few years, he'll be talking six figures. Now that's an ambitious man! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Don't dull! heheheheee

Amen but who is Daisy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

Trust me I do wella but got stuck in their kinda research here."ise l'ogun ise = work is the best treatment to lack" Let me come up with a publication at my level, get scientific recognition, start making this then you'll see my ringtone changed to "I feel like am flying over the anything!" grin

You remind me of those geeks who want to make money b4 enjoying.... Seems we need to storm NM and spoil u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:22pm On Jan 19, 2013

Imperiouxx:

Maybe the Indians in your school are the few dullards from INDIAN around. I have some smart Indian friends here who are top of their class. How is your research going?

Thanks, yea, research is going good. We have good ones too but little external help goes a long way in exams.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:23pm On Jan 19, 2013
kpolli:

You remind me of those geeks who want to make money b4 enjoying.... Seems we need to storm NM and spoil u

grin Soon my brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by smithjanetstore: 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2013
@ house i need sat materials too help me out kindly send it to smithjanetstores@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 1:04am On Jan 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

Lol...you've really got everything planned out bro...no worry very soon you will be counting American cheddars in six digits...lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by hariyoh: 8:28am On Jan 20, 2013

Imperiouxx:

. wink OjaP is back on the tread. Welcome back bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduno: 10:13am On Jan 20, 2013
hello house,
i was wondering;is it possible to be granted an F1 or a b1/b2 visa when you have an immigrant visa application depnding ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by godson7777: 1:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hello House ,
Please i need help on likely questions that i might be asked as i am scheduled to have an interview for tuesday . I just got admission to an aviation school in florida . please advise what should i be prepared for ?the school doesn't require toe fl or any kind of exam .please do you know anything about the M1 student visa and also aviation admission and interview . I have my admission and all documents already .please what should i be prepared for ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 20, 2013
kpolli:

Well ur "help" was misleading.... I don't see it as a problem nor have a problem with u, sef i kinda like the way u move on here but when ur 2 consecutive posts happen to cos friction here... It tends to look bad

Okay, I apologize.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by godson7777: 4:29pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hello House ,
Please i need help on likely questions that i might be asked as i am scheduled to have an interview for tuesday . I just got admission to an aviation school in florida . please advise what should i be prepared for ?the school doesn't require toe fl or any kind of exam .please do you know anything about the M1 student visa and also aviation admission and interview . I have my admission and all documents already .please what should i be prepared for ?[color=#000099][/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
ferdimako:

Chief bully of Nairaland! Try you and you vex.....childish comment mehn.

You ought to have known that was a joke. You don't reply every thing to give peace a chance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 4:47pm On Jan 20, 2013
ferdimako:

Chief bully of Nairaland! Try you and you vex.....childish comment mehn.
oga bury the hatchet jor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 7:43pm On Jan 20, 2013
godson7777: Hello House ,
Please i need help on likely questions that i might be asked as i am scheduled to have an interview for tuesday . I just got admission to an aviation school in florida . please advise what should i be prepared for ?the school doesn't require toe fl or any kind of exam .please do you know anything about the M1 student visa and also aviation admission and interview . I have my admission and all documents already .please what should i be prepared for ?

Go to thread 1, we had some ppl with the same category there who left some good advice there....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 21, 2013
Bro imperiouxx, aw far I was going through the news now and their was a report that one demon was shooting in new mexico? Hope the guy no come your side. Take care o! God will protect us o!
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/20/justice/new-mexico-shooting/index.html

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 2:12am On Jan 21, 2013
I.Joan:
Bro imperiouxx, aw far I was going through the news now and their was a report that one demon was shooting in new mexico? Hope the guy no come your side. Take care o! God will protect us o!
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/20/justice/new-mexico-shooting/index.html

awww that's very sweet joan. smiley
Imperiouxx: Hope you're good!

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.