Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,055 members, 7,890,478 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:42 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310432 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 10:36am On Jan 17, 2013
mr swagger: Hello house @ imperiouxx and Big francis amd all I hail u guys. Pls I intend sending my financial statement to my schools in USA for fall resumption.

1. Pls I would like to know how many months old should a bank statement be before submitting it for admission and to the Embassy?

2. How long should the money be in the account because I plan on putting #15million in the account?

Pls ur prompt reply will be appreciated. One luv.....
For no 1, not exceeding 6 months is ok.
As for the last question, there's no time limit to how long the money can be in the account. Whether it's been there for 3 days or 3 years, so far as the account is still active, time in deposit doesn't matter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 10:45am On Jan 17, 2013
Square65: Big Francis, pls kindly send your version of GRE and TOEFL materials to tha65thsquare@yahoo.com. thanks!
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 11:08am On Jan 17, 2013
@bigfrancis21 - Pls, Do u have SAT materials now? or how do i get any online?. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by xtus(m): 11:23am On Jan 17, 2013
bigfrancis21: Steps 5 and 6.

bro na only GRUBERS COMPLETE GRE GUIDE (PARTS 01 and 02) u forward give me, abeg help me with the part 03 and 04 of it so i can finish extracting the file, as for the barron i got dat complete part 1 to 4, i jus need only d part 3&4 of d grubers...... thanks for ur help as well as d image display u shared wit us, it was so helpful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by inspirizu(m): 11:34am On Jan 17, 2013
Hello house

Pls ejowo biko da Allah send me GRE materials I don d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ beg

1 more thing can I study for GRE without tutorial? Am an Average student if you are wondering
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 12:45pm On Jan 17, 2013
xtus:

bro na only GRUBERS COMPLETE GRE GUIDE (PARTS 01 and 02) u forward give me, abeg help me with the part 03 and 04 of it so i can finish extracting the file, as for the barron i got dat complete part 1 to 4, i jus need only d part 3&4 of d grubers...... thanks for ur help as well as d image display u shared wit us, it was so helpful
You're welcome. I did send you the second e-mail. I checked the forwarding history and your e-mail was there. Yahoo problem I guess.
Anyway, I sent it again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
inspirizu: Hello house

Pls ejowo biko da Allah send me GRE materials I don d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ beg since. Inspirizu@yahoo.com

1 more thing can I study for GRE without tutorial? Am an Average student if you are wondering
If by tutorial you mean attending paid classes, why not? Yes you can study on your own. I studied on my own and I did well. Either way, it is left to you to choose the method that suits you more. Some people prefer being taught while some prefer reading on their own.
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
olarwarlay: @bigfrancis21 - Pls, Do u have SAT materials now? or how do i get any online?. Thanks.
No, I don't. Visit this link, http://www.testpreppractice.net/SAT/sat-downloads.html
For more materials, google up 'download SAT materials' and download from any of the numerous sites on the search result.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by inspirizu(m): 1:58pm On Jan 17, 2013
bigfrancis21:
If by tutorial you mean attending paid classes, why not? Yes you can study on your own. I studied on my own and I did well. Either way, it is left to you to choose the method that suits you more. Some people prefer being taught while some prefer reading on their own.
Sent.

Tanks baba u2 much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by inspirizu(m): 1:59pm On Jan 17, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Sent.

Tanks baba u2 much 1 more thing What is the average score dat I can score that will grant me admission
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 3:07pm On Jan 17, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Sent.

God bless you sire.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
inspirizu:

Tanks baba u2 much 1 more thing What is the average score dat I can score that will grant me admission
There's no definite average score. First, different courses have several acceptable minimum GRE scores set by the school/department, being higher for some top courses, especially engineering, and lower for other courses. The academic level of the school also determines how high the acceptable GRE minimum score will be. In other words, top US schools will definitely set higher minimum scores and less competitive schools will have lower minimums and, at times, no set minimum score.
Second, your GRE score isn't the only factor used for admission consideration. Your whole application package - your UG CGPA, statement of purpose, GRE score, Resume, etc, is weighed as a whole.
You have to go through the requirements (including the minimum GRE score) of your prospective school(s), from there you decide the schools that suit you best and what you should aim for.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 4:00pm On Jan 17, 2013
hariyoh: . Walax some of them have forgotten about this tread. Hope everything is fine at CA. You don't always reply your yahoo messenger each time I buzz you. Do have a great time bro
I'm so sorry bro, my Yahoo messenger is always on and most times i'm not there to reply, abeg no vex, what's your ID?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
Dotun82: Hello Yvette, could you please add me? I need to discuss a few things with you. Please accept my email request. Thanks.

Hey Dotun! How you doin'? Hope the weather is not so bad. smiley

I think I replied with 'Hey you!'. Maybe you didn't see it.
I dunno what you would like to discuss, but if its visa/school related, I'd advise that you post your question on this thread so others can input and give their opinion as well. I may not know a lot about certain things in NIG. Besides, you work in the US already so you should know just as much as I do or even more. Right? grin. Congrats for the job @ Texas Instruments. You must be a Mathematician with good pay, I guess.

If you still want to communicate outside here, you'd have to send me a substantial message because I don't reply everybody. That's a dummy email for internet purposes. Stay safe!!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 5:34pm On Jan 17, 2013
Anthonymighty: Yes my lady. grin I told you I wanted to have a chat with you over some stuffs. undecided IEEE (institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering) USA. They have over a million books in their online Library available for members. Membership attracts a lil fee though. You get an ID. They have a lot of books related to my course Info Tech. smiley

Ooops! ... Can't remember.
All your hardwork will pay real good! Keep working at it. Stuff will get easier when you start and maybe you will school your professors. loooooooool grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 5:34pm On Jan 17, 2013
Sister Yvete! Thank You so much for d SAT materials, I must confess U rily have a gud heart.
God bless U Ma'am... smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:21pm On Jan 17, 2013
Just a random thought!

Why do many Nigerians school in India when US Colleges (especially grad schools) are packed with Indian Students? I don't mean Indian-Americans here. I'm talking about International Students directly from India, and China as well. If their schools are that good, why do they turn out here en masse?
[s]Sitting in a classroom with a bunch of them and it got me kinda distracted. Aiight. Back to school[/s] grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:43pm On Jan 17, 2013
^^^ I laughed and couldn't imagine the number of Indians in my class when I saw an Indian school advert on NL. Surprisingly, they showed their Nigerian students posing to take pictures. I come for those Nigerians in pity.....what a waste of life! Also, their agents in Nigeria have deadline for application and date to sit for pocket money scholarship. Funny thing in one of the pics, the malay girls just put on Polo T-shirt, trust my naija guys they put on heavy jackets, one with head warmer sef.....looool

http://myschool.com.ng/school/study-abroad/india-scholarships/

I still dey in pity.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mrswagger: 7:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
bigfrancis21:
For no 1, not exceeding 6 months is ok.
As for the last question, there's no time limit to how long the money can be in the account. Whether it's been there for 3 days or 3 years, so far as the account is still active, time in deposit doesn't matter.

@Big francis thank you very much for the help and information rendered. May God bless u abundantly......

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sosoclean(f): 9:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Sent.

Big francis pls I need Toefl materials. Been asking since oh! My email is: dezzertstor at yahoo.com
pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 10:21pm On Jan 17, 2013
@ bigfrancis:pls I nid toefl and gre material.pls send to morokins@yahoo.com.thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by newacca: 10:36pm On Jan 17, 2013
Yvete:

For real, would you really advise anyone to study fashion in the above mentioned states though? cheesy cheesy cheesy I think reputation should matter when considering Colleges for certain majors. Just like degrees in Pet Eng., Geology, Geophysics has no business in NY, when there's Texas Louisiana, Oklahoma and CA. Investment banking: Utah, NY...yadda yadda yadda

Anyways, there are different aspects of fashion. Is it fashion education, design, publishing Fashion business & marketing or tailoring? cheesy I'd say NY, CA, OH (cos' a friend went to Kent State, OH for Fashion Merchandizing). The best badazz college in Fashion is FIT - Fashion Institute of Technology, NY.

@Imperiouxxx and Yvete,
All points noted. Thanx so much. Yea, FIT is nice oooo. I think the tution is even lesser compared to her current school in Italy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
Pls can anyone tell me the disadvantages of M1 Visa compared to F1 Visa, I contacted a sch in the US and they wrote me back that the I20 they'd be issuing to me would be for M1 Visa and not F1. I would like to know the disadvantages pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Agielted: 11:36pm On Jan 17, 2013
Gbyte: Pls can anyone tell me the disadvantages of M1 Visa compared to F1 Visa, I contacted a sch in the US and they wrote me back that the I20 they'd be issuing to me would be for M1 Visa and not F1. I would like to know the disadvantages pls
This might be what you're searching for http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-1_visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 12:31am On Jan 18, 2013
imperiouxx: ^^^ I laughed and couldn't imagine the number of Indians in my class when I saw an Indian school advert on NL. Surprisingly, they showed their Nigerian students posing to take pictures. I come for those Nigerian in pity.....what a waste of life! Also, their agents in Nigeria have deadline for application and date to sit for pocket money scholarship. Funny thing in one of the pics, the malay girls just put on Polo T-shirt, trust my naija guys they put on heavy jackets, one with head warmer sef.....looool

I still dey in pity.

Laff won kee me here o..imperiouxx she you no know say Naija no dey carry last na....Is india a cold region too? undecided grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 1:21am On Jan 18, 2013
Yvete:

Ooops! ... Can't remember.
All your hardwork will pay real good! Keep working at it. Stuff will get easier when you start and maybe you will school your professors. loooooooool grin cheesy cheesy grin

Thanks Ma'am smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by webstradamus: 1:22am On Jan 18, 2013
Yvete: Just a random thought!

Why do many Nigerians school in India when US Colleges (especially grad schools) are packed with Indian Students? I don't mean Indian-Americans here. I'm talking about International Students directly from India, and China as well. If their schools are that good, why do they turn out here en masse?
[s]Sitting in a classroom with a bunch of them and it got me kinda distracted. Aiight. Back to school[/s] grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

Many Indians come to America in search of greener pastures, not necessarily to study. The ones in my class are always content with B's and C's, they're just getting by and can't wait to graduate (with any kind of GPA) so they can start working (hustling) proper.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 1:40am On Jan 18, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Lol. Just take your time...before you know it...kaboom! it is march/april. Nwayoo bu ije. Loll.

Eziokwu o nwannem. Nwayoo bu'ije. I am patient. March is at the corner before you know it... grin Daalu smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:30am On Jan 18, 2013
webstradamus:

Many Indians come to America in search of greener pastures, not necessarily to study. The ones in my class are always content with B's and C's, they're just getting by and can't wait to graduate (with any kind of GPA) so they can start working (hustling) proper.

I have one in my class, her GPA is dancing Gangnam style even before I got to the school and up till now, the GPA never stop dancing at level < 2.0. She has toured almost 4 schools in the US (I don't make fun of her but just used her as an example. Because it isn't easy for some people most especially when they switched discipline).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 3:27am On Jan 18, 2013
imperiouxx: ^^^ I laughed and couldn't imagine the number of Indians in my class when I saw an Indian school advert on NL. Surprisingly, they showed their Nigerian students posing to take pictures. I come for those Nigerian in pity.....what a waste of life! Also, their agents in Nigeria have deadline for application and date to sit for pocket money scholarship. Funny thing in one of the pics, the malay girls just put on Polo T-shirt, trust my naija guys they put on heavy jackets, one with head warmer sef.....looool

I still dey in pity.
R.O.T.F.L.M.A.O grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduno: 7:22am On Jan 18, 2013
Are the prices these us schools quote on their website the same price they quote on the i120. I hav been looking for schools in the us, and the ones I have bin seeing are quite expensive, if I go 2 uk with dat amount I might not need to work tru out my programme.
Pls who can recommend good schools below $30000. Thank u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by akponpin(m): 7:30am On Jan 18, 2013
Mornin guys.I need ur advice on this:My uncle based in US is sponsorin me.do u all fink its a better idea.pls I nee advice on dis

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.