Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,353 members, 7,940,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 01:56 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (311819 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Gelatoman: 9:06am On Mar 02, 2013
Hello Guys. I must confess that this thread is priceless.

I need answer to this burden question:

I have an admission letter fro a Uni in USA. they said i can take my toefl when i come to US upon resumption. I have a visitors visa and i have traveled once to US and several times to UK.

My qstn is.....hope visa wont be difficult if they found out that i'll be writing the toefl on arrival?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 10:15am On Mar 02, 2013
Gelatoman: Hello Guys. I must confess that this thread is priceless.

I need answer to this burden question:

I have an admission letter fro a Uni in USA. they said i can take my toefl when i come to US upon resumption. I have a visitors visa and i have traveled once to US and several times to UK.

My qstn is.....hope visa wont be difficult if they found out that i'll be writing the toefl on arrival?

Thanks.

Most schools will tell you they waive toefl or you can come do it when you arrive here just because most of them dont know what we face here before we get their Visa. Although the school has stated you can take toefl when you come into USA upon resumption but i'll advice you do that toefl here in Nigeria and go with it to embassy during interview and not to do it over there because you'll be asked for it atleast During your interview. and 2ndly... it will be stress free for you when you finally get to the school because you have already done it here. Its the same toefl everywhere no matter where it was done. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 10:25am On Mar 02, 2013
Mamacita007:

lloll smithjanet don come again ooo everytime na wha for una grin grin smithjanet from now till august is 5 months so theres still time.

mamacita bonita senorita...How u dey now. How's studies. Just wanna say Hi. keep up the good work
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 10:54am On Mar 02, 2013
OjaP:
And the people are ready to disappoint you this time around. No one is going to ask about the school..........lol
grin grin
I was never expectin' natin bro. Not the least. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Theyjih: 11:05am On Mar 02, 2013
winbyforce: @FutureDon and @OjaP,thanks a lot guys. your comments have been very insightful.309 =1220(old GRE),that's why i didn't bother re-writing the test.might have to do that now to boost my scores though.

have you guys thought of University of Utah // Arizona their requirement/ program is quite cool and fun from the feed backs i've got so far ... good to know we've got pharm.D peeps on here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
winbyforce: @OjaP, thanks a lot. Actually 67% by ibadan marking scheme is very good and is stated in the trancripts. However, i need to look for grade B schools to apply to since my entire package may not be so convincing by American standards.
By the way, if you get admission into Stonybrook, holla at moi. All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Isobutylene: 1:27pm On Mar 02, 2013
OjaP:

You are fine...America is not Nigeria where you will have to beg a professor or carry his/her bags before they attend to you. You should be happy you have a Prof with a lot of experience, who prolly is an emeritus, which technically means he has published the results of his several researches in reputable journals, has friends/colleagues in research institutions, highly connected and can recommend you for future jobs etc.

I would personally go for the old Professor...Experience they say is the best teacher.
Thanks OjaP...I'll have to decline offers from other schools ni yen o..
winbyforce: @Isobutylene,congrats mehn! Can't say the same for me.I got a rejection from weill cornell pharmacology a few days back and haven't heard anything from albert einstein of yeshiva and stony brook pharmacology.Guess i didnt apply to the right schools. May be our friends on the yankee side of this thread can be of help to me(advice). what second-rate biomedical schools can one apply to? is my GRE too low for doctoral admission?
my stats: MSc pharmacolgy(ibadan) with weighted average of 67%
GRE: V-152,Q-157 AW-3.5
TOEFL-104
please criticisms are welcome. i need to get it right this time.

It's better you apply to more schools, I also applied to 12 schools,..so far I've gotten response from 5.Still expecting from other schools...but by God's grace your expectations on the remaining schools shall not be cut off!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Gelatoman: 2:07pm On Mar 02, 2013
Anthonymighty:

Most schools will tell you they waive toefl or you can come do it when you arrive here just because most of them dont know what we face here before we get their Visa. Although the school has stated you can take toefl when you come into USA upon resumption but i'll advice you do that toefl here in Nigeria and go with it to embassy during interview and not to do it over there because you'll be asked for it atleast During your interview. and 2ndly... it will be stress free for you when you finally get to the school because you have already done it here. Its the same toefl everywhere no matter where it was done. Cheers.

Thanks bro..i work offshore hence reason for been so inaccessible. I'll work round it sha and if i couldnt....i might have to fluke it. if given visa, can i defer if i wish?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by gilgalschool: 3:01pm On Mar 02, 2013
Its better you do your TOEFL before you go for the visa interview. You may be refused visa for not having it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by gilgalschool: 3:11pm On Mar 02, 2013
I also siggest Houston. You will not regret going there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by gilgalschool: 3:23pm On Mar 02, 2013
Gilgal Education can give you a lot of information and materials on USA admissions. Send an email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by gilgalschool: 3:30pm On Mar 02, 2013
You could tell the school that you will pay for courier to send the package to your international address.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by gilgalschool: 3:36pm On Mar 02, 2013
Getting the TOEFL date you want fast is not difficult. If you go on line, you will see what is available in the different locations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2013
@winbyforce,

Please, let me know whatever the PhD school in Florida says. I will help you ask from another person too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 02, 2013
Isobutylene:
Thanks OjaP...I'll have to decline offers from other schools ni yen o..

It's better you apply to more schools, I also applied to 12 schools,..so far I've gotten response from 5.Still expecting from other schools...but by God's grace your expectations on the remaining schools shall not be cut off!

Bigfranc, did u see that? 12!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 8:15pm On Mar 02, 2013
Well I'll suggest you find time and do the exam here. In Nigeria. 2ndly, Are you asking if you can defer your admission if you get the visa? Well the answer is; whether u get visa or not, you can defer your admission but you should have it in mind that your admission is valid for just 1 year. So that means there's actually a number of time you can defer. I deferred my admission twice even after I got my visa. Cheers.

Gelatoman:

Thanks bro..i work offshore hence reason for been so inaccessible. I'll work round it sha and if i couldnt....i might have to fluke it. if given visa, can i defer if i wish?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 8:21pm On Mar 02, 2013
House. I'm flying soonest, I don't even know what to take along. Abeg which of our african food dey yankee and which one no dey so I can hold some o. I like garri o. And ata gingun. Shey those tins dey yankee? What of yam and beans. Ejo o...I can't eat burger and pizza with can coke oooo nyama!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Gelatoman: 8:22pm On Mar 02, 2013
Anthonymighty: Well I'll suggest you find time and do the exam here. In Nigeria. 2ndly, Are you asking if you can defer your admission if you get the visa? Well the answer is; whether u get visa or not, you can defer your admission but you should have it in mind that your admission is valid for just 1 year. So that means there's actually a number of time you can defer. I deferred my admission twice even after I got my visa. Cheers.

Thanx alot. I'm so positive about the visa that it will be granted.....I just want to tidy up my end. To me American Visa is the easiest. Cheers bro
Will always be in touch with you if i have further questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 8:28pm On Mar 02, 2013
Anthonymighty: House. I'm flying soonest, I don't even know what to take along. Abeg which of our african food dey yankee and which one no dey so I can hold some o. I like garri o. And ata gingun. Shey those tins dey yankee? What of yam and beans. Ejo o...I can't eat burger and pizza with can coke oooo nyama!

You will get everything you want in Houston, TEXAS.

Which state is your school in?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:40pm On Mar 02, 2013
mansay: Droped out want 2 go back cos that's the only way ℓ̊ can get 2 enter uni or college but gat no sibbling over there but cousins m looking for a cheap one ɑ̤̥̈̊n̶̲̥̅̊d̶̲̥̅̊ m̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ sponsor is m̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ bro..thanks

I don't know your background or what you may be experiencing right now, but it seems like you've got misplaced priorities.

You're almost 18. Go back to school, get your academics in line, write those exams (GCE, WAEC, SAT) and then pursue undergrad admissions to US Universities. It is easier this way with access to more opportunities. Getting into high school in the US is not complicated, but because I foresee you hitting a roadblock, I won't explain further. Okay? smiley
Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:46pm On Mar 02, 2013
Anthonymighty: House. I'm flying soonest, I don't even know what to take along. Abeg which of our african food dey yankee and which one no dey so I can hold some o. I like garri o. And ata gingun. Shey those tins dey yankee? What of yam and beans. Ejo o...I can't eat burger and pizza with can coke oooo nyama!
Athny cheesy
Safe journey! Wish you could get me some suya and Mr.Biggs meatpie. Mamacita can attest to the horrible meatpies they sell here with potatoes, carrots and green peas in it ... yuck! angry . What is ata gingun
You'll learn to order pizza very often, and cook noodles and Oatmeal everyday like Imperiouxx! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mansay(m): 8:52pm On Mar 02, 2013
Yvete:
Alrite thanks sis buh if u̶̲̥̅̊ can give me your email or fb so we could talk privately plz..
I don't know your background or what you may be experiencing right now, but it seems like you've got misplaced priorities.

You're almost 18. Go back to school, get your academics in line, write one of those exams (GRE, WAEC, SAT) and then pursue undergrad admissions to US Universities. It is easier this way with access to more opportunities. Getting into high school in the US is not complicated, but because I see you hitting a roadblock, I won't explain further.
Okay? smiley Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:53pm On Mar 02, 2013
Please, Anthony I may need your help when coming. Not carrying anything o. Hope you base in Lagos. Thank you sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:55pm On Mar 02, 2013
Yvete:
Athny cheesy
Safe journey! Wish you could get me some suya and Mr.Biggs meatpie. Mamacita can attest to the horrible meatpies they sell here with potatoes, carrots and green peas in it ... yuck! What is ata gingun
You'll learn to order pizza very often, and cook noodles and Oatmeal everyday like Imperiouxx! grin

Ata gingun means

Pizza my breakfast this morning.....lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:56pm On Mar 02, 2013
imperiouxx: Ata gingun means

Pizza my breakfast this morning.....lol

Oooh dry fish?
You need to cure your Kitchenphobia! SMH.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:56pm On Mar 02, 2013
Yvete:

Oooh dry fish?

ehn!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:02pm On Mar 02, 2013
Yvete:

Oooh dry fish?
You need to cure your Kitchenophobia! SMH.

I told you this condition is bad, I need help o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 9:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
Imperiouxx:

Is ata gigun not grinded dry pepper? Just curious.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
OjaP: Imperiouxx:

Is ata gigun not grinded dry pepper? Just curious.

Yea, I think so but for Yvete, she listens to whatever I say (she is a good lady). So, ata gingun is
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2013
Im disappointed in you imperiouxx!

@Anthony: Whenever you get the chance, visit any nice Texas Steakhouse in Boston (eat some good Texas barbeque + Brisket + Cornbread, Yum! You can also try a Louisiana Seafood Restaurant (I'm sure Kpolli eats lots of crawfish) grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:14pm On Mar 02, 2013
Yvete: Im disappointed in you imperiouxx!

angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 9:24pm On Mar 02, 2013
Yvette! Yvette!! Yvette!!!

Why are you ignoring me? Did you see my email at all?

Anyways, I hope you are still not angry because of our last "discussions" here. How is your weekend going?

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.