Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,109 members, 7,890,689 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:17 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310455 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 8:45pm On Aug 03, 2012
Papa50000: I arrived the US yesterday. The officer at the US port of entry asked me how much money I am with, how many bags I checked in and if I am excited coming to he US to study? lol. Before nko?

Cheers guys.

Lols. cheesy
Congratulations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Paywole: 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2012
got it thanks
bigfrancis21:

Lols. cheesy
Congratulations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dammy1102(m): 1:57am On Aug 04, 2012
obusco4lyfe: thanks man! Sorted it out already...abt d sevis fee, do u plan 2 use a credit card?

@obusco4lyfe

NO............
Credit Card is not allowed for most countries, Nigeria Inclusive, so even if you try to make payments online it will tell you straight up that it's not allowed.

i usually make payment via western union quick transfer with all the I-20 details. it takes approximately 3-5 business days or less to have the receipt available online at https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/dhs/loadSearchPage.do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olusnext082: 4:01am On Aug 04, 2012
@ big francis; please kindly help send Toefl,Gre materials please.tommytrueluv_real@yahoo.com' Kudos to all the gurus in d house.

Regards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 6:28am On Aug 04, 2012
dammy1102:

@obusco4lyfe

NO............
Credit Card is not allowed for most countries, Nigeria Inclusive, so even if you try to make payments online it will tell you straight up that it's not allowed.

i usually make payment via western union quick transfer with all the I-20 details. it takes approximately 3-5 business days or less to have the receipt available online at https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/dhs/loadSearchPage.do
so whats d nxt thing....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by madeit2thetop(m): 9:14am On Aug 04, 2012
Wonderful peeps pls I want to ask you this question cos I have read enough on this thread so now I ve decided to ask you my mind.is it that everybody in this house that is either studying or planning to study in the US have the ridiculous amout the us education demands*smh*so if that's is the case great for you people but here is my case and I need advice from every able mind, am from an average family where both parents are principal and I really want this US education because it has been my dream and there's no where on earth I can get my hands on a 5-6M authentic bank statement so pls do I have any chance of studying in obamaland?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by product: 9:30am On Aug 04, 2012
ekundayomi: Who has a contact for toefl...edan ooo i no de available to write anything now .. as im in Ghana

What do you need about toefl . I can help you in ur registration with no tutorials for 30k . Let me know . We can go from there .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Paywole: 10:04am On Aug 04, 2012
product:

What do you need about toefl . I can help you in ur registration with no tutorials for 30k . Let me know . We can go from there .
pls how can we contact because i also want to register for the test also and i dont know where to start from
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shamoney1: 10:14am On Aug 04, 2012
imperiouxx:

I took KLM. Just book your flight, they take you to your destination through Schipol airport in Amsterdam. You no need any transit whatever.

@adolite,

imperiouxx at yahoo dot com

@poopppyLiillyy,

You weren't deny because of your sponsor but because you can't defend your case very well. All what you replied during the interview sum up to the denial and now you can't remember everything. It would be better you work on the loopholes than changing your sponsor.

Kk bro,tanx. I booked united air already straight to texas nonstop. Pls my friend needs GMAT,GRE and TOEFL materials. Send to stonface2@yahoo.com. Pls tank u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shamoney1: 10:16am On Aug 04, 2012
bigfrancis21:

Lols. cheesy
Congratulations.

Bro pls send gmat,gre and toefl materials to stonface2@yahoo.com tank u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 04, 2012
HELLO BROTHER AM COMING TO MASSACHUSETTS PLEASE CAN I HAVE YOUR YAHOO ID OR SKYPE OR FACEBOOK LETS TALK?
Papa50000: Im in Massachusetts
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Papa50000: 10:45am On Aug 04, 2012
[quote author=ik.swiss]HELLO BROTHER AM COMING TO MASSACHUSETTS PLEASE CAN I HAVE YOUR YAHOO ID OR SKYPE OR FACEBOOK LETS TALK?[/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jhidey92(m): 11:51am On Aug 04, 2012
[center]house.....what is the minimum age that can apply for community college in US sch?
can someone who is 20yrs goes for it.
[/center][font=Lucida Sans
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by DATHA: 2:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
Hi i was denied a visa in July below was the response,please house help fault this because i need to work on the lapses in good time.
VO:Nod
ME:Gud afternoon

VO:Why do you want to go to the US

ME:Masters Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering

Vo:Did you write GRE where is it

Me:Yes,passed to him
Vo:When did you finish you undergrad

Me:2008

Vo:What have you being doing

Me:Working: working with STK Company which partner with MTN .So will manage MTN cell site remotely
VO:Which School

ME:University of UD

VO: How did you find out

ME :Google Search and US new ranking

VO:And what was the ranking

ME:Consistently maintained 52nd in the US Engineering Education except of recent.

VO:Busy typing and often checking through my passport BACK FRONT-FRONT BACK

VO:So explain ur course to me:

Me:My course is ELEC/ELCT with specialization in Control :as a Control Engineer i will develop,design and configure Equipment to control and monitor process

Vo:Start typing from my I-20 seriously

V0:What do you want to do with your course after finish

Me:As i started that i want to come :The VO just took over and said :TO WORK IN MULTINATIONAL OIL AND GAS

Me: i said yes back in Nigeria sad i tot he has answered for me)

VO:While still typing he asked for me sponsor.

Me :i said a bossom friend of my father who has being a great supporter of my education.

VO:Do you have his bank Statement

Me:Passed to him,i had already attached the letter from sponsor with photocopy of passport and ID.

Vo:10MILLION,what does he do?return the bank statement

Me:He is a GM of xyz and has private school and private gas filling station,by this time he was still typing seriouly

Vo:Request again for the bank statement and check again.

Me :i tot he wanted to tear the green card he just i can give visa at this time.

Me:Please can you tell me WHY.

VO:No i can not tell you now.

Note:The student not yet proficient in English,and English instruction will be given in the school because at the time of admission i have not written my TOEFL AND wen i wrote my TOEFL i had 73 so the school said the I-20 will not be changed because the minimum TOEFL is 80.But i will take the English instruction classes in Part time basis.

Also i have 3 years as duration of my program because i had not written TOEFL at admission time and the school more time than needed to theie Engish programe.

BUT NO QUESTION WAS ASKED IN THIS LINE OOOOOO.Though my GRE was not very high and its the revised score.Even at this school it optional but i did not say that when he asked for the score.

Please house help fix the wrongs and let suggest solutions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fittty(m): 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2012
DATHA: Hi i was denied a visa in July below was the response,please house help fault this because i need to work on the lapses in good time.
VO:Nod
ME:Gud afternoon

VO:Why do you want to go to the US

ME:Masters Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering

Vo:Did you write GRE where is it

Me:Yes,passed to him
Vo:When did you finish you undergrad

Me:2008

Vo:What have you being doing

Me:Working: working with STK Company which partner with MTN .So will manage MTN cell site remotely
VO:Which School

ME:University of UD

VO: How did you find out

ME :Google Search and US new ranking

VO:And what was the ranking

ME:Consistently maintained 52nd in the US Engineering Education except of recent.

VO:Busy typing and often checking through my passport BACK FRONT-FRONT BACK

VO:So explain ur course to me:

Me:My course is ELEC/ELCT with specialization in Control :as a Control Engineer i will develop,design and configure Equipment to control and monitor process

Vo:Start typing from my I-20 seriously

V0:What do you want to do with your course after finish

Me:As i started that i want to come :The VO just took over and said :TO WORK IN MULTINATIONAL OIL AND GAS

Me: i said yes back in Nigeria sad i tot he has answered for me)

VO:While still typing he asked for me sponsor.

Me :i said a bossom friend of my father who has being a great supporter of my education.

VO:Do you have his bank Statement

Me:Passed to him,i had already attached the letter from sponsor with photocopy of passport and ID.

Vo:10MILLION,what does he do?return the bank statement

Me:He is a GM of xyz and has private school and private gas filling station,by this time he was still typing seriouly

Vo:Request again for the bank statement and check again.

Me :i tot he wanted to tear the green card he just i can give visa at this time.

Me:Please can you tell me WHY.

VO:No i can not tell you now.

Note:The student not yet proficient in English,and English instruction will be given in the school because at the time of admission i have not written my TOEFL AND wen i wrote my TOEFL i had 73 so the school said the I-20 will not be changed because the minimum TOEFL is 80.But i will take the English instruction classes in Part time basis.

Also i have 3 years as duration of my program because i had not written TOEFL at admission time and the school more time than needed to theie Engish programe.

BUT NO QUESTION WAS ASKED IN THIS LINE OOOOOO.Though my GRE was not very high and its the revised score.Even at this school it optional but i did not say that when he asked for the score.

Please house help fix the wrongs and let suggest solutions

Sorry about ur denial but to me the cause was obviously the bank statement. The V.O probably didn't see any cash flow to match a business mogul who owns gas stations/ private schools. Seemed the VO checked the bank statement again to see if the amount/cash flow matched ur sponsour... Was it a savings account or a current account?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2012
fittty:

Sorry about ur denial but to me the cause was obviously the bank statement. The V.O probably didn't see any cash flow to match a business mogul who owns gas stations/ private schools. Seemed the VO checked the bank statement again to see if the amount/cash flow matched ur sponsour... Was it a savings account or a current account?

Good response.

@yomi fola,

It's ugly seeing what you guys try to encourage here. I'm so disappointed that that came from you. It would be better if you open a new thread for this. Justwise should come in aid now.

@madeit2thetop,

If you really want to make it to the top, coming to US on the ground of study without money to go to school will prevent you from making it to the real top you desire. If you can get such document and eventually pass the embassy, tell me where you will get the actual money to school? No where! The next is to fall out of status, become illegal, running here and there and doing anything to survive and that's if you see because they will ask for your SSN. Is that what you called top?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by DATHA: 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2012
THANKS,

its current account,an old Union Bank Statement format.but when he checked he just went again and confirm the figure and type on his system. More so i tried to silent little on Private school stuff but it was mentioned.

SO WHAT DO THINK IS THE WAY FORWARD

PLEASE HOUSE YOUR RESPONSES ARE WELCOME TOO AND POSSIBLE SOLUTION IN GUD TIME
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yomifola(m): 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2012
imperiouxx:

Good response.

@yomi fola,

It's ugly seeing what you guys try to encourage here. I'm so disappointed that that came from you. It would be better if you open a new thread for this. Justwise should come in aid now.

@madeit2thetop,

If you really want to make it to the top, coming to US on the ground of study without money to go to school will prevent you from making it to the real top you desire. If you can get such document and eventually pass the embassy, tell me where you will get the actual money to school? No where! The next is to fall out of status, become illegal, running here and there and doing anything to survive and that's if you see because they will ask for you SSN. Is that what you call top?

as 4me,i dnt get u at all.watz wrng talkin 2 a dude privately
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by DATHA: 3:22pm On Aug 04, 2012
DATHA: THANKS,

its current account,an old Union Bank Statement format.but when he checked he just went again and confirm the figure and type on his system. More so i tried to silent little on Private school stuff but it was mentioned.

GUYS PLS GIVE SOLUTIONS TO MY ISSUE I NEED THIS IN GUD TIME

THANKS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:33pm On Aug 04, 2012
yomi fola:

as 4me,i dnt get u at all.watz wrng talkin 2 a dude privately

Let's drop the embassy and talk about the school fee. Now the guy got no money and want to school in not-for-free US school, so say what you want to say to him here, I might need such advice to pay my school fee too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelson20: 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2012
DATHA: THANKS,

Hi guy(s), sorry for the denial, you would get it next time, be strong! As a fellow in the house rightly pointed out. The problem has to do with the financial statement you presented in terms of the "person sponsoring you & the amount". I think #10million is too low while the person sponsoring you is not related to you but your dad's friend which doesn't seem alright. Why not your dad? 2 Options i have for you, (1) If you must still use your family friend's bank statement, the cash must at least double the initial one & try to get a letter written by him confirming his friendship/relationship with your dad & you in particular & get a notary officer sign & stamp it. You can get this done @ the Ikeja high court or any reliable one close to you. (2) Try to use a Bank Statement that has your surname, either your dad or mum with at least double of the initial amount. I think this is the best option. Be calm & work things out. Hope this works. Peace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:38pm On Aug 04, 2012
emmanuelson20: Hi guy(s), sorry for the denial, you would get it next time, be strong! As a fellow in the house rightly pointed out. The problem has to do with the financial statement you presented in terms of the "person sponsoring you & the amount". I think #10million is too low while the person sponsoring you is not related to you but your dad's friend which doesn't seem alright. Why not your dad? 2 Options i have for you, (1) If you must still use your family friend's bank statement, the cash must at least double the initial one & try to get a letter written by him confirming his friendship/relationship with your dad & you in particular & get a notary officer sign & stamp it. You can get this done @ the Ikeja high court or any reliable one close to you. (2) Try to use a Bank Statement that has your surname, either your dad or mum with at least double of the initial amount. I think this is the best option. Be calm & work things out. Hope this works. Peace.

Or such family friend can be addressed as UNCLE next time they ask him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by DATHA: 4:02pm On Aug 04, 2012
imperiouxx:

Or such family friend can be addressed as UNCLE next time they ask him.

Thank you oooo,i have the written letter specifically addressed to the consular explain my relationship and my father connection to him but not with LAWYER STAMP,please what impact will it make, as in the rotary Public Stamp.

OR,my i-20 say family friend so i think its not wise to say uncle:also,if am to appear ASAP for another interview is it possible to have changed the sponsor status within this little time..Or does my sponsor need to do anything again,because the last transaction on the account was last March but the statement was collected around June with Bank stamp.

Please house help me out oooo. other imputs will still be welcome oooo

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by product: 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2012
House

If you are a transfer student and i-20 states 36months for the duration of your studies . What is up with that . Will this be a problem with the VO . I am planning to tell the VO I applied as a postgraduate. But the school said I need 1year at undergraduate then I transfer after to mastaers . . What u think
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2012
madeit2thetop: Wonderful peeps pls I want to ask you this question cos I have read enough on this thread so now I ve decided to ask you my mind.is it that everybody in this house that is either studying or planning to study in the US have the ridiculous amout the us education demands*smh*so if that's is the case great for you people but here is my case and I need advice from every able mind, am from an average family where both parents are principal and I really want this US education because it has been my dream and there's no where on earth I can get my hands on a 5-6M authentic bank statement so pls do I have any chance of studying in obamaland?

Are you going for undergraduate or graduate studies? This would be the first step towards giving you an advise.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phy: 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2012
@imperiouxx, I feel you're dragging yomi fola's intervention to the extreme. Why not give their discussion some benefit of doubt.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2012
@product

Kindly send me your e-mail I need info concerning toefl.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.