Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,113 members, 7,890,697 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:31 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310461 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 5:07pm On Aug 04, 2012
madeit2thetop: will give that a shot.thanks jor

Please don't do that. It is not a do or die affair and there are better ways to go rather than doing things that can incriminate you now and forever.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by justwise(m): 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2012
phy: @imperiouxx, I feel you're dragging yomi fola's intervention to the extreme. Why not give their discussion some benefit of doubt.

He is not dragging it to any extremely, he is being honest and not to encourage fraud, there is nothing wrong with that.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by product: 5:15pm On Aug 04, 2012
product: House

If you are a transfer student and i-20 states 36months for the duration of your studies . What is up with that . Will this be a problem with the VO . I am planning to tell the VO I applied as a postgraduate. But the school said I need 1year at undergraduate then I transfer after to mastaers . . What u think
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by justwise(m): 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2012
imperiouxx:

Good response.

@yomi fola,

It's ugly seeing what you guys try to encourage here. I'm so disappointed that that came from you. It would be better if you open a new thread for this. Justwise should come in aid now.

@madeit2thetop,

If you really want to make it to the top, coming to US on the ground of study without money to go to school will prevent you from making it to the real top you desire. If you can get such document and eventually pass the embassy, tell me where you will get the actual money to school? No where! The next is to fall out of status, become illegal, running here and there and doing anything to survive and that's if you see because they will ask for your SSN. Is that what you called top?

You really got a good head on that shoulder, happy to know that we still have decent people like you left here.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2012
phy: @imperiouxx, I feel you're dragging yomi fola's intervention to the extreme. Why not give their discussion some benefit of doubt.

He truly is not because Yomifola usually post on the thread and if someone needs financial statement and he ask him to talk to him in private, it seems there is something dubious about his options.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2012
Hi house! Is it too early to send my transcripts to WES ? I'm applying for spring 2013.....this fall didn't work out! The spring 2013 option is yet to be opened in my schools' online application...also, wes said it only takes them 7 days for an evaluation but I saw somebody say it takes about 1month on here...pls help a brother out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by madeit2thetop(m): 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2012
imperiouxx:

Good response.

@yomi fola,

It's ugly seeing what you guys try to encourage here. I'm so disappointed that that came from you. It would be better if you open a new thread for this. Justwise should come in aid now.

@madeit2thetop,

If you really want to make it to the top, coming to US on the ground of study without money to go to school will prevent you from making it to the real top you desire. If you can get such document and eventually pass the embassy, tell me where you will get the actual money to school? No where! The next is to fall out of status, become illegal, running here and there and doing anything to survive and that's if you see because they will ask for your SSN. Is that what you called top?
I don't think you understand my case very well the 5-6M I made mention is not something my parents can't come about probably thru Loan or something but am very sure they are capable of getting it but having it that amount in the bank smiling is not possible *haba naw* and depositing that amount into a savings acct is also not an option cos with what I have read on this thread so far it dosent work that way so that's why I decieded to open up and tell you guys my case and you should give some piece of advice not discourage me * oya to the top.
@gboyegaD am going for UG jawe and what are some other ways I can go about it as u said .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phy: 5:52pm On Aug 04, 2012
GboyegaD:

He truly is not because Yomifola usually post on the thread and if someone needs financial statement and he ask him to talk to him in private, it seems there is something dubious about his options.

@yomifola, you may need to watch the bolded. Integrity is key and try to protect yours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by madeit2thetop(m): 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
@moderator I understand what you guys are preaching that the forum is strictly for genuine student ONLY!!I have this question for you also is it that the US education is only for rich peeps kids and we from average family should fold our arms and start watching you taking your rich dads footsteps?! Mehn pls someone should try and understand me pls am a genuie student to the core so pls don't think otherwise @imperiouxx I know you sud have a rank or something on this thread cos your contribution alone on this thread is totally one of d best even if not the best so use your years of experience to give me some advice and not tell me to sit back and relax till you can start using your yankee pali to me send me errands.see you at the top brov
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by adebaxton(m): 6:10pm On Aug 04, 2012
BIG UPS to the gurus in the house.
I need the GRE and TOEFL materials TOO. My mail address is ULTIMABLE@yahoo.com.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by justwise(m): 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2012
madeit2thetop: @moderator I understand what you guys are preaching that the forum is strictly for genuine student ONLY!!I have this question for you also is it that the US education is only for rich peeps kids and we from average family should fold our arms and start watching you taking your rich dads footsteps?! Mehn pls someone should try and understand me pls am a genuie student to the core so pls don't think otherwise @imperiouxx I know you sud have a rank or something on this thread cos your contribution alone on this thread is totally one of d best even if not the best so use your years of experience to give me some advice and not tell me to sit back and relax till you can start using your yankee pali to me send me errands.see you at the top brov

Many people here who are studying in US waited for the right time....they waited until they can afford it, some saved for yrs before taking that huge financial decision. Why are you in hurry to commit fraud? Not everybody will study in US, go if you can afford it, if you can't then wait for your time.

If you want to study in US cos rich kids are then why are you not living in VI because the rich lives there?

How will you afford to pay the fees if you got that visa with 'build'/fake account? How will you survive without money in US?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fittty(m): 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2012
madeit2thetop:
I don't think you understand my case very well the 5-6M I made mention is not something my parents can't come about probably thru Loan or something but am very sure they are capable of getting it but having it that amount in the bank smiling is not possible *haba naw* and depositing that amount into a savings acct is also not an option cos with what I have read on this thread so far it dosent work that way so that's why I decieded to open up and tell you guys my case and you should give some piece of advice not discourage me * oya to the top.
@gboyegaD am going for UG jawe and what are some other ways I can go about it as u said .

Apply for scholarship. There are lots of organisations that offer scholarships SIMPLE... How do u intend to pay your fees when u resume school if u don't have the money ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fittty(m): 6:34pm On Aug 04, 2012
justwise:

Many people here who are studying in US waited for the right time....they waited until they can afford it, some saved for yrs before taking that huge financial decision. Why are you in hurry to commit fraud? Not everybody will study in US, go if you can afford it, if you can't then wait for your time.

If you want to study in US cos rich kids are then why are you not living in VI because the rich lives there?

How will you afford to pay the fees if you got that visa with 'build'/fake account? How will you survive without money in US?

WELL SAID!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by madeit2thetop(m): 6:42pm On Aug 04, 2012
justwise:

mr oga I didn't say I want to study there cos of rich peeps kid don't turn my question into dat.studying there is a dream that must come thru u dig ?
so you suggest I sud go and start saving and wait for the right time to come huh?
fittty:

Apply for scholarship. There are lots of organisations that offer scholarships SIMPLE... How do u intend to pay your fees when u resume school if u don't have the money ?
Nice one bozz can you enlighten me on the scholarship stuff and about the skul fees I will get it in a blink of an eye imediately I get there is certain IJN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 6:50pm On Aug 04, 2012
product:

What do you need about toefl . I can help you in ur registration with no tutorials for 30k . Let me know . We can go from there .

@product I need to register for TOEFL asap!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yomifola(m): 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2012
Oga oooo... Shey i no fit adv my felow broda again... Haba... @madeit2dtop plz ja won si, is it nt an advz i gav 2u?.v i colectd any moni 4rm?. Why dis thread dey fall my hand?, cnt i chat wit a broda privately again... Oga ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2012
fittty:

is there any sch in d u.s dt giv scholarship to undergraduates?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by madeit2thetop(m): 7:03pm On Aug 04, 2012
yomi fola: Oga oooo... Shey i no fit adv my felow broda again... Haba... @madeit2dtop plz ja won si, is it nt an advz i gav 2u?.v i colectd any moni 4rm?. Why dis thread dey fall my hand?, cnt i chat wit a broda privately again... Oga ooo
no mind dem that's nigerians for you pls give me your addy again cos I figured your post has been hidden for a reason I can't say
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:12pm On Aug 04, 2012
madeit2thetop: @moderator I understand what you guys are preaching that the forum is strictly for genuine student ONLY!!I have this question for you also is it that the US education is only for rich peeps kids and we from average family should fold our arms and start watching you taking your rich dads footsteps?! Mehn pls someone should try and understand me pls am a genuie student to the core so pls don't think otherwise @imperiouxx I know you sud have a rank or something on this thread cos your contribution alone on this thread is totally one of d best even if not the best so use your years of experience to give me some advice and not tell me to sit back and relax till you can start using your yankee pali to me send me errands.see you at the top brov

See, I'm not from rich home but we can afford to pay $2000 as school fee per semester. I got graduate assitantship that paid 92% of my school fee, all that remain is the little fraction and living expenses which any VO can't doubt I can afford. My only advice for you is to get schools in inexpensive states and grant of any kind, then the little your parent can afford won't be problem after the VO sees the lion share of the fee is covered by the school. This also shows that you are heading straight to the school. As for undergraduate, scholarship might be hard to get but waiting till one can come for a master's degree + GA would be the best in ones life.

@phy,

Is there any other doubt than what I thought about Yomi's statement after the guy concurred with the stuff someone advised him to get or when the context is getting such bad stuff? Well, thanks that many see and reason in my perspective.

@Justwise,

Thanks for coming to our aid here and for your statements up there. My 2 golden likes go for those statements.

@GboyegaD,

Thanks boss. 1 like goes for you too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by madeit2thetop(m): 7:23pm On Aug 04, 2012
imperiouxx:

See, I'm not from rich home but we can afford to pay $2000 as school fee per semester. I got graduate assitantship that paid 92% of my school fee, all that remain is the little fraction and living expenses which any VO can't doubt I can afford it. My only advice for you is to get grant of any kind, then the little your parent can afford won't be problem after the VO sees the lion share of the fee is covered by the school. This also shows that you are heading straight to the school. As for undergraduate, scholarship might be hard to get but waiting till one can come for a master's degree will be the best in ones life.

@phy,

Is there any other doubt than what I thought about Yomi's statement after the guy agreed to concur with the stuff someone advised him to get or when the context is getting such bad stuff? Well, thanks that many see things in my perspective.

@Justwise,

Thanks for coming to our aid here.
I can remember when I started reading this thread and I know you were saying something about talking about GA then so can I get something like that also but am very sure it can't be graduate cos am going for undergraduate maybe mine wud be UGA(undergraduate assitantship right)so scratch the surface for a broda.
Just tell me something
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 04, 2012
@imperiouxx..dt graduate assistantship is quite good..a whole 92%dtz impressive..i graduate with a gpa of 3.00/5.00 in engineering..id dere a chance of me getting a GA and wht r d criteria for getting ds GA?pls a lil advice or bit of information will go a long way....others dt got GA as well shld advise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:27pm On Aug 04, 2012
Soyedele1: @imperiouxx..dt graduate assistantship is quite good..a whole 92%dtz impressive..i graduate with a gpa of 3.00/5.00 in engineering..id dere a chance of me getting a GA and wht r d criteria for getting ds GA?pls a lil advice or bit of information will go a long way....others dt got GA as well shld advise

GA is offered in the fall and highly competitive in some schools. Most schools ask for good undergraduate GPA and good test scores. Mine was favor because I got no test but good undergraduate GPA in same course and I have 4 years lab experience in the same field + good recommendation from my boss in medical research center in Lagos. The lab experience is the major factor for my course at both MS and PhD level.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:32pm On Aug 04, 2012
madeit2thetop:
I can remember when I started reading this thread and I know you were saying something about talking about GA then so can I get something like that also but am very sure it can't be graduate cos am going for undergraduate maybe mine wud be [b]UGA(undergraduate assitantship right)[/b]so scratch the surface for a broda.
Just tell me something

grin grin. Undergraduates get grant too but theirs is mostly in the form of scholarship but I don't know how they go about it. I only know about kenyan undergraduates getting athletic scholarship by applying for it. NB: You must be a good runner then o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Papa50000: 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2012
GboyegaD:

He could have families in those cities who are willing to sponsor him which may make it much more cheaper for him. If you don't oga MarylandUSA, follow the advice he gave you ooo.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 04, 2012
@imperiouxx..so shld i work for maybe a yr so as to av experience before applying?if i av GA of abt 80%,i will b hapi..whch university do u attend in the states?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:47pm On Aug 04, 2012
Soyedele1: @imperiouxx..so shld i work for maybe a yr so as to av experience before applying?if i av GA of abt 80%,i will b hapi..whch university do u attend in the states?

I don't know about your field but I will say start searching for schools that can offer you GA only. Check their site and see about GA, then write them about their admission and GA. That way, you know if it's likely you get one or not before committing yourself to applying. There are lot them but I can say specifically. This is what I told one of my friends applying to school now. I told him, without GA and your parents ain't rich, you can't school in US. He accepted and working on it now. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:56pm On Aug 04, 2012
Ollydon: Hi house! Is it too early to send my transcripts to WES ? I'm applying for spring 2013.....this fall didn't work out! The spring 2013 option is yet to be opened in my schools' online application...also, wes said it only takes them 7 days for an evaluation but I saw somebody say it takes about 1month on here...pls help a brother out

That's good of you. They have started evaluating my friend's transcript despite he's going for the same spring 2013. The real evaluation after verification of your transcript and certificate copy takes 7 days only. Verification involves sending back any document you gave them by regular post to the institution(s) you claimed you obtained them from. Put in mind the number of days posting document from Nigeria to US and from US to Nigeria takes.... At the long run, it gonna take 1 good month plus to get your transcript evaluated by WES if posting is so fast and your Nigeria school treats incoming documents fast. Note the WES don't evaluate Uniport transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 9:48pm On Aug 04, 2012
imperiouxx:

See, I'm not from rich home but we can afford to pay $2000 as school fee per semester. I got graduate assitantship that paid 92% of my school fee, all that remain is the little fraction and living expenses which any VO can't doubt I can afford. My only advice for you is to get schools in inexpensive states and grant of any kind, then the little your parent can afford won't be problem after the VO sees the lion share of the fee is covered by the school. This also shows that you are heading straight to the school. As for undergraduate, scholarship might be hard to get but waiting till one can come for a master's degree + GA would be the best in ones life.

Please i'd like to know how their fees are paid in the US for masters. If one enters school in the fall semester, for example, for a one-year masters program and pays his tuition that fall, would he have to pay again the coming spring, and summer semesters within that same academic year or only has to pay once?

[quote author=imperiouxx]

That's good of you. They have started evaluating my friend's transcript despite he's going for the same spring 2013. The real evaluation after verification of your transcript and certificate copy takes 7 days only. Verification involves sending back any document you gave them by regular post to the institution(s) you claimed you obtained them from. Put in mind the number of days posting document from Nigeria to US and from US to Nigeria takes.... At the long run, it gonna take 1 good month plus to get your transcript evaluated by WES if posting is so fast and your Nigeria school treats incoming documents fast. Note the WES don't evaluate Uniport transcript.

Why? The school is part of their trusted-school list or is notorious or something?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2012
madeit2thetop:

I would suggest you prepare well for SAT 1 and 2. Having a good score on both exams often times guarantee you very high scholarships. For some schools, a high score on SAT 1 alone with good undergraduate transcript can get you a very high scholarship. Mind you, no one is against anyone helping you however, some help could land you in deeper mess than you can ever imagine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 10:09pm On Aug 04, 2012

US education is for everyone irrespective of class or status. All you need is prepare yourself well and you would be surprised the opportunities inherent in it for you. All everyone is saying is as a genuine student, there are some things you shouldn't get yourself involved in as it can totally destroy your dream of studying in the US if you are not careful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 10:10pm On Aug 04, 2012
imperiouxx:

Brov..wusup? Trust ur doing great today. Let me chip this in.My WES evaluation took less than One and a half weeks. I dont think they verify by post anymore cos the verification of my transcripts was done within two days (I think they scan it to the particular school and the school replies by email).So from when my transcripts got to WES till the release of my evaluations.....took less than two weeks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 10:12pm On Aug 04, 2012
sha_money:

Bro pls send gmat,gre and toefl materials to stonface2@yahoo.com tank u.

Sent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.