Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,109 members, 7,890,688 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:15 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310454 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by WARYZ(m): 8:05pm On Aug 10, 2012
imperiouxx:

ID card is very possible and of what good is those bold statement? The id card can be cancelled anytime he absconded from the school while his bank account can be very thin when no money enters it. Hope that's not what you are thinking too? Moreover, bank account requires your passport as non-citizen, I wonder how he did his.
IMPERIOUXX dnt get me wrong oo,the guy is not absconding oo,he jst told me wat i wrote there,he never said anything about running away o,and i dnt think i av said anything abt running away either
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shamoney1: 8:46pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ddate is drawin near.. OBAMALAND calling me.. Lol grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 9:09pm On Aug 10, 2012
imperiouxx:

ID card is very possible and of what good is those bold statement? The id card can be cancelled anytime he absconded from the school while his bank account can be very thin when no money enters it. Hope that's not what you are thinking too? Moreover, bank account requires your passport as non-citizen, I wonder how he did his.

Not in all cases. In my school, there is a Wells Fargo on campus and all you need as an International Student is the original of your I-20 and International Passport because they would make copy of the I-20 and VISA page on your International Passport and instantly you get your account number and an ATM card pending when they get you your personalised ATM card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 9:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
king1_00: @imperiousxx thanks oh, i have told lanre that there is no problem. And you just raised a vital point. My resumption date is earlier than lanres'. So lanre no worry bruv, you don get am already, trust me it doesn't mean at all. It could be the resumption thing. Imperiouxx has said it all.

@product congrats bruv.

@Gboyega thanks a lot for the link God bless you!

Amen and you too. You better quick pay if na that one you wan follow come and quick gather your things cos Wednesday is less that a week from now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 9:56pm On Aug 10, 2012
GboyegaD:

Amen and you too. You better quick pay if na that one you wan follow come and quick gather your things cos Wednesday is less that a week from now.

Bro no be d̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̥̅̊$ coming wednesday 22 ₪ǻ on 29 which is upper week...its kinda late bro...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 10:03pm On Aug 10, 2012
product: HOUSE

VISA LOADING ,I FORGOT EVERYTHING I TOLD THE VO

SORRY

My brother congratulations, safe trip!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Tboy007: 10:03pm On Aug 10, 2012
@ all
Please, on which airline can I get d best deal to Houston. Delta is quite expensive.
Also, any one in d house heading to Uni of Houston (or already there?)

Thanks all!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 10:56pm On Aug 10, 2012
lanrypaddy:

Bro no be d̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̥̅̊$ coming wednesday 22 ₪ǻ on 29 which is upper week...its kinda late bro...

The one I gave you the link (N165k) is for 15th and not 22nd sef.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 10:58pm On Aug 10, 2012
Tboy007: @ all
Please, on which airline can I get d best deal to Houston. Delta is quite expensive.
Also, any one in d house heading to Uni of Houston (or already there?)

Thanks all!

You could go JFK and then connect to IAH. I think that would be the cheapest way for you. BTW, what date are you looking at?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 11:05pm On Aug 10, 2012
GboyegaD:

Not in all cases. In my school, there is a Wells Fargo on campus and all you need as an International Student is the original of your I-20 and International Passport because they would make copy of the I-20 and VISA page on your International Passport and instantly you get your account number and an ATM card pending when they get you your personalised ATM card.

We are saying the same thing, your passport is required because your are not a citizen. In other words, I mean your presence is required.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 11:09pm On Aug 10, 2012
WARYZ: IMPERIOUXX dnt get me wrong oo,the guy is not absconding oo,he jst told me wat i wrote there,he never said anything about running away o,and i dnt think i av said anything abt running away either

Sorry if I've got you wrong this time, it's because you are one of those that planned to change school right in the first semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Theyjih: 11:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
please i need help in making check order worth $100 to A New Jersey Institution ASAP for application.. my PAypal acct got bounced cry cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 8:33am On Aug 11, 2012
Morning all,
Alil confused about sthg and I need help..I applied to a school earlier and I've paid the sevis fee n all bt now I'm applying to a diff school cz I don't intend to go for the first school , so here is wht I'm confused about,do I need to tell d later school dt I hv a SEVIS number already and if I want to pay my sevis fee , can I decide to pay another sevis fee with a diff sevis number or its I'll need the previous school to release my info and transfer my payment to d other school I just applied to.
Thank you !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 8:56am On Aug 11, 2012
Hi guys....Please can someone tell me what month does WINTER 2013 fall into. I think my school is trying to tell me its late for me to apply for SPRING 2013. which to me i feel it should still be possible to be able to re-apply because i have their i-20 for fall 2012 but cant get an appointment before the school's resumption date. so since they already have all my info, it should be easier for me to defer to Spring. why are they saying WINTER is the next available to defer too. I need suggestions House. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by splashilicious: 9:24am On Aug 11, 2012
Hi house, I am new here, pls I need your advise!I applied for student visa at the American embassy for fall 2012 but was denied initially on the reason that what i was saying wasn't consistent with what the visa officer has on the system. i really dont know what that means. my school resumes in 2 weeks time i have been up all night to get a date but all to no avail. Please i need your help. i heard some people can help get dates with a fee. i will appreciate if i can be guided properly. Thanks house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Tboy007: 10:49am On Aug 11, 2012
GboyegaD:

You could go JFK and then connect to IAH. I think that would be the cheapest way for you. BTW, what date are you looking at?

@ GboyegaD,

Thanks for your response. About connecting from JFK (or another airport), my fear is that I may miss my connecting if the flight from LOS to JFK runs behind schedule. Kindly advise as such.

I'm looking at 20th Aug. Also, I learnt there are 2 airports in Houston: IAH and HOU (Hobby). which will be my best best option?

Once again, thanks bro. Really appreciate ur response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 11, 2012
PLEASE FRIENDS A FRIEND OF MINE WENT TO SCHOOL IN CYPRUS AND DID NOT LIKE THE STANDARD OF EDUCATION THERE AND CAME BACK AND APPLY FOR US SCHOOLS AND NOW HE HAS GOTTEN HIS ADMISSION LETTER PLEASE CAN HE APPLY WITH THE PASSPORT HE USED TO TRAVEL TO CYPRUS OR TO GET ANOTHER ONE COS HE HAS TWO YEARS PERMIT IN CYPRUS AS A STUDENT......PLEASE HELP NEEDED ASAP embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 1:23pm On Aug 11, 2012
ik.swiss:
PLEASE FRIENDS A FRIEND OF MINE WENT TO SCHOOL IN CYPRUS AND DID NOT LIKE THE STANDARD OF EDUCATION THERE AND CAME BACK AND APPLY FOR US SCHOOLS AND NOW HE HAS GOTTEN HIS ADMISSION LETTER PLEASE CAN HE APPLY WITH THE PASSPORT HE USED TO TRAVEL TO CYPRUS OR TO GET ANOTHER ONE COS HE HAS TWO YEARS PERMIT IN CYPRUS AS A STUDENT......PLEASE HELP NEEDED ASAP embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Let me start by commending you for being a solicitor for your friend. This goes to prof that you are a selfless individual. Now on your inquiry, I will strongly advice your friend not to get another passport, because he already got Cyprus visa on this his passport, which should count to his favour. But we need to clarify some salient point here, what is the US admission status of your friend? Is he a fresh undergraduate or transfer student? If he has undergone some level of university education in cyprus, it would be very easy to present or argue his point during his interview, "that he is going to the US to further his education because of the notable advantages the US education/university has over the Cyprus education/university".
There is need for you to supply more information about the admission status (transfer or fresh undergraduate) of your friend before further advice can be proffered.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:35pm On Aug 11, 2012
ik.swiss:

You keep changing each time and you get the same response each time. It's no more you but your friend, it's no more a female friend that gave invitation but a sister in Boston, you are no more in North cyprus but turkey. Be sincere here so that we know who and what to advice. Stop confusing us please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 2:43pm On Aug 11, 2012
splashilicious: Hi house, I am new here, pls I need your advise!I applied for student visa at the American embassy for fall 2012 but was denied initially on the reason that what i was saying wasn't consistent with what the visa officer has on the system. i really dont know what that means. my school resumes in 2 weeks time i have been up all night to get a date but all to no avail. Please i need your help. i heard some people can help get dates with a fee. i will appreciate if i can be guided properly. Thanks house.

If the V0 said what you are saying is not in congruent with the information he is seeing on his screen, this is a serious issue which should be address before you go for another interview. You need to recheck the information you filled on your DS160 form. I doubt if this is not what the V0 is looking at... Or maybe you should try to remember the question in particular, where the V0 point at the contradiction in your information.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2012
My fellow guys...I, allohrandy and successgrace will be leaving d shores of naija in a few hours time...pray for ur guys...wen we reach our various places we go halla...west coast here i come..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 4:37pm On Aug 11, 2012
walex57: My fellow guys...I, allohrandy and successgrace will be leaving d shores of naija in a few hours time...pray for ur guys...wen we reach our various places we go halla...west coast here i come..

Safe trip to you guys and may your sojourn in Yankee be marked with impeccable distinctions in your studies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelson20: 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2012
Good Evening Everyone, i have a friend who got an admission to study in the US & every other documents needed for a visa interview are ready but to his surprise, he couldn't get an appointment interview date for the past few weeks. Although, i advised he should defer his studies till spring, but he said deferring will nullify the Partial Scholarship granted as rightly stated in his I-20 form & e-mailed by the director of international programs. Its obvious his chances of getting a date is very slim, but we are hoping for a miracle. Please house, your assistance is highly needed in the area of getting him a date preferrably 17 Aug-22 Aug. Thanks a lot. Peace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bodeplot: 5:58pm On Aug 11, 2012
@imperiouxx..Good evening,please bro,I need the latest GRE materials,pls help me with it,I would appreciate,my email is (makinde.akinbode@yahoo.com)..Thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 11, 2012
bodeplot: @imperiouxx..Good evening,please bro,I need the latest GRE materials,pls help me with it,I would appreciate,my email is (makinde.akinbode@yahoo.com)..Thanks in advance

Sent!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 8:54pm On Aug 11, 2012
king1_00: God is faithful. My visa was approved today in lagos by the last VO(counter 7 i guess) details coming shortly. Thanks guyz.

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 8:55pm On Aug 11, 2012
Baiyewu: Praise God my nairaland friend was given visa. He was there for me when i was denied. @ imperi baba Pls i heard the power rating in us is 110 V pls will it affect my laptop and clipper if i decide to bring it along. Thanks and appreciates

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2012
lanrypaddy:

Ɣeah bro I got the FAMOUS green ticket 2day @ lagos embassy window 1 despite all d hurdles I faced b4 entering 4 M̶̲̥̅Ɣ interview and also NO GRE...all ₪ǻ God, details coming up later pls....

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2012
Hello house,

I want to ask that is it compulsory I must to get an e-mail or text or both from the embassy before I can go and pick up my VISA or should just go on the specified day to pick it without any notification and also, what time is the best to go for the Visa pick up? Will it be available when I go in the morning around 10am or what time is the best? Pls advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 9:21pm On Aug 11, 2012
Ecalos:

Hey Mister, the two schools you have been admitted to are good schools but USC (University of Southern California) is far more recognized. I would have told you to go with A&M if it was the one in college station but as far as top 10 petroleum engineering colleges, University of Southern California makes that list and its also located in Los Angeles where you get access to loads and loads things to do and opportunities to network with people after your studies if it works out for you so I say go with USC if you can. Still conduct further research though before making a decision and make sure you are not one that can easily get carried away with "fun activities"...Check out this link http://education-portal.com/articles/List_of_Top_Petroleum_Engineering_Schools_and_Colleges.html

But its an expensive town
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2012
nifty: hi guys am trying to ask for advice on here,i am a 300l computer science student of a university here in nigeria which means i have 1 more year to have my bachelors but i won the american visa lottery and presently in the us,my plans where to go get my green card then come back to naija to complete my bachelors and then go back to american to compliment it with a masters degree in america nd wld probably be able to get a job here in america,but peeps and student i met here said my naija degree is useless even if i have a masters wiv it that i shld just take a transfer to a university here then continue from there.........and wld have 2 more years to be thru instead of one if i return to naija...............i need some advice

Bloody lie from the pits of hell
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 9:45pm On Aug 11, 2012
WARYZ: 1 guy dat i ment in the plane on my way to new york gave me his card nd so i mailed him,and he replied my mail tlling me that he has gotten his id card and that he has open a bank account already,and the funniest part is dat he said he has not maid any payment to the school.gurus in the ouse pls ow is dat possible na.well me i will be going to my skool 2maow sha

Possible, I did the same

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.