Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,117 members, 7,890,711 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:41 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310468 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 9:59pm On Aug 11, 2012
product: HOUSE

VISA LOADING ,I FORGOT EVERYTHING I TOLD THE VO

SORRY

Finally... congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by splashilicious: 10:39pm On Aug 11, 2012
deevick246:

@deevick246... good evening! Thanks for the advice. I have recheck my info on my DS160 form and it has no mistakes. let me take you thru my interview.
VO: why do you wanna go to the US?
ANS: I wanna go to the US to study
VO: What course is that?
Ans:Global Affairs and Human Security
VO:why do you wanna study the course?
Ans: to gain more understanding in peace and conflict studies from a global perspective, I also intend to work for an NGO in Nigeria and in the future manage one...
VO: have you got experience
Ans: yes
VO: what University are we talking about?
Ans: University of Baltimore
VO: why the University?
Ans: I chose to pursue a career in the university of Baltimore cuz of its well structured curriculum in global affairs and human security,and the urban location is a conducive environment for me to excel in my field esp as it related to social and community issues
VO: What is your highest degree of education
Ans: I have a masters in Peace and Conflict Studies
VO: So why are you going for another masters in Global Affairs and Human Security?
Ans: To gain more skills on how to resolve the world affairs
VO: Am sorry i will have to deny you.... the rest his history
please tell me did i not answer my questions well? the VO spent a lot of time interviewing me n i even tot he was gonna give me the visa. Advice me friends cos I wanna reapply soon. thanks

If the V0 said what you are saying is not in congruent with the information he is seeing on his screen, this is a serious issue which should be address before you go for another interview. You need to recheck the information you filled on your DS160 form. I doubt if this is not what the V0 is looking at... Or maybe you should try to remember the question in particular, where the V0 point at the contradiction in your information.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 11:48pm On Aug 11, 2012
@ splashilicious,

@deevick246... good evening!
Thanks for the advice. I have
recheck my info on my DS160 form
and it has no mistakes. let me take
you thru my interview.
VO: why do you wanna go to the
US?
Ans:Global Affairs and Human
Security
VO:why do you wanna study the
course?
Ans: to gain more understanding in
peace and conflict studies from a
global perspective, I also intend to
work for an NGO in Nigeria and in
the future manage one...
VO: what University are we talking
about?
Ans: I chose to pursue a career in
the university of Baltimore cuz of
its well structured curriculum in
global affairs and human
security,and the urban location is a
conducive environment for me to
excel in my field esp as it related to
social and community issues
VO: What is your highest degree of
education
Ans: I have a masters in Peace and
Conflict Studies
VO: So why are you going for
another masters in Global Affairs
and Human Security?
Ans: To gain more skills on how to
resolve the world affairs
VO: Am sorry i will have to deny
you.... the rest his history
please tell me did i not answer my
questions well? the VO spent a lot
of time interviewing me n i even tot
he was gonna give me the visa.
Advice me friends cos I wanna
reapply soon. thanks

[quote author=splashilicious][/quote]

Well, going through your interview ordeal narrated above, you didn't include in it where the V0 said what you are saying is not in conformity with what is in your record. However, lemme draw your attention to some areas in your case.
1. VO:why do you wanna study the
course?
the future manage one... This is a nebulous answer, as it wasn't precise and direct. Bros, why didn't you cite the security challenge (BH) we are facing? That Nigeria is facing a huge security challenge which we haven't faced before since the history of this country and that the US has a credible record of fighting and conquering terrorism and so that is why you choose to study this course in a US university....this would have been very ideal for this question.

2. VO: What is your highest degree of
education
Conflict Studies
and Human Security?
resolve the world affairs......... It is very obvious that this was where you lost the visa. Why on earth would you pursue another masters degree in a similar field where you already had one? We should be talking about a Phd here and not another Masters degree. This interviewers are human and they can reason perfectly well, it doesn't sound logical to want to spend your hard earn dollars on a another master program on Global Affairs and Human Security? The VO would be thinking what have you done with the first masters degree....
You need to address some of this issues. Please, don't be in a hurry to show up for another visa interview without addressing these issues. This is just my advice.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by splashilicious: 12:30am On Aug 12, 2012
deevick246: @ splashilicious,
@deevick246... Many thanks for your advice. I guess I have to try harder to convince the VO that peace and conflict studies is not so synonymous with global affairs and human security, it is just one of the many field in GAHS.

[color=#006600][/color]
@deevick246... good evening!
Thanks for the advice. I have
recheck my info on my DS160 form
and it has no mistakes. let me take
you thru my interview.
VO: why do you wanna go to the
US?
Ans:Global Affairs and Human
Security
VO:why do you wanna study the
course?
the future manage one...
VO: what University are we talking
about?
Ans: I chose to pursue a career in
the university of Baltimore cuz of
its well structured curriculum in
global affairs and human
security,and the urban location is a
conducive environment for me to
excel in my field esp as it related to
social and community issues
VO: What is your highest degree of
education
Conflict Studies
and Human Security?
resolve the world affairs
VO: Am sorry i will have to deny
you.... the rest his history
please tell me did i not answer my
questions well? the VO spent a lot
of time interviewing me n i even tot
he was gonna give me the visa.
Advice me friends cos I wanna
reapply soon. thanks

Well, going through your interview ordeal narrated above, you didn't include in it where the V0 said what you are saying is not in conformity with what is in your record. However, lemme draw your attention to some areas in your case.
1. VO:why do you wanna study the
course?
the future manage one... This is a nebulous answer, as it wasn't precise and direct. Bros, why didn't you cite the security challenge (BH) we are facing? That Nigeria is facing a huge security challenge which we haven't faced before since the history of this country and that the US has a credible record of fighting and conquering terrorism and so that is why you choose to study this course in a US university....this would have been very idle for this question.

2. VO: What is your highest degree of
education
Conflict Studies
and Human Security?
resolve the world affairs......... It is very obvious that this was where you lost the visa. Why on earth would you pursue another masters degree in a similar field where you already had one? We should be talking about a Phd here and not another Masters degree. This interviewers are human and they can reason perfectly well, it doesn't sound logical to want to spend your hard earn dollars on a another master program on Global Affairs and Human Security? The VO would be thinking what have you done with the first masters degree....
You need to address some of this issues. Please, don't be in a hurry to show up for another visa interview without addressing these issues. This is just my advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 7:01am On Aug 12, 2012
@ splashilicious,

@deevick246... Many thanks for
your advice. I guess I have to try
harder to convince the VO that
peace and conflict studies is not so
synonymous with global affairs and
human security, it is just one of the
many field in GAHS.
[color=#006600][/color]

[quote author=splashilicious][/quote]

If this is what you have resolved to do. I can only but wish you best of luck. Otherwise, I would have advice you show progression in your study line, by going for a phd since you already have one masters degree in a related field of study.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 8:45am On Aug 12, 2012
Morning all, to those leaving today, those who have left and those who r still going to leave soil of 9ja very soon..I say success in all ur endeavors ..#ema ko ero oko dele oooo !!!!
And for we that are still hoping to get the green ticket, soon the LORD will surprise us with His Mercy, Favor and Grace .(AMEN) did I hear sbdy say hallelujah he has done it ..lol!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by splashilicious: 9:09am On Aug 12, 2012
@s-beauty= Amen! Good morning...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ayobj: 9:42am On Aug 12, 2012
nifty: hi guys am trying to ask for advice on here,i am a 300l computer science student of a university here in nigeria which means i have 1 more year to have my bachelors but i won the american visa lottery and presently in the us,my plans where to go get my green card then come back to naija to complete my bachelors and then go back to american to compliment it with a masters degree in america nd wld probably be able to get a job here in america,but peeps and student i met here said my naija degree is useless even if i have a masters wiv it that i shld just take a transfer to a university here then continue from there.........and wld have 2 more years to be thru instead of one if i return to naija...............i need some advice
let me share my personal experience with you.
about 15-17years ago,at the university of ibadan,my 2 friends won the visa lottery.they travelled to america and then came back to finish up their degrees.they are very succesful proffesional now in the USA.except you wish to tell me that the uni degrees then are better than now.
one read agric economics and presently works in a bank,he has an american passport now.visited the family in queens,new york in december as he is my inlaw.
the other read medicine in my class and is now an attending somewhere in the state of virginia.
he even did immigrant visas for his parents.
i wish to ask,which university are you in nigeria?
will you have enough funding to travel within your remaining one year.do your exams and come back. a semester is just 15 weeks and you can arrange that.
i wish you all the very best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2012
s-beauty :
Morning all, to those leaving today, those who have left and those who r still going to leave soil of 9ja very soon..I say success in all ur endeavors ..#ema ko ero oko dele oooo !!!!
And for we that are still hoping to get the green ticket, soon the LORD will surprise us with His Mercy, Favor and Grace .(AMEN) did I hear sbdy say hallelujah he has done it ..lol!

A powerful AMEN!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
Happy Sunday To All The Nairalanders. Guys please i will like to know if Sevis Fee is the same as International Confirmation Deposit Fee? Your response is highly important to me. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 7:59pm On Aug 12, 2012
dnpasion: Happy Sunday To All The Nairalanders. Guys please i will like to know if Sevis Fee is the same as International Confirmation Deposit Fee? Your response is highly important to me. Thanks

Both are not the same atall. International Confirmatn Deposit fee Ȋ̝̊̅§ the amount You pay to Ʊя̲̅ school in other †̥ confirm the acceptance of Ʊя̲̅ admission. In Nigeria we call it acceptance fee. It will be deducted 4rm your tuition fee amount later.
But sevis is being control by Department of homeland and not school. So You pay sevis to DHS and not school. Both the fees might be $200 each but they are not the same just as I paid Fø̲̣̣я̅ my school too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 9:23pm On Aug 12, 2012
Thanks Bro for the shielding more light to my question and now i can understand that both are not the same. Once again thanks
lanrypaddy:

Both are not the same atall. International Confirmatn Deposit fee Ȋ̝̊̅§ the amount You pay to Ʊя̲̅ school in other †̥ confirm the acceptance of Ʊя̲̅ admission. In Nigeria we call it acceptance fee. It will be deducted 4rm your tuition fee amount later.
But sevis is being control by Department of homeland and not school. So You pay sevis to DHS and not school. Both the fees might be $200 each but they are not the same just as I paid Fø̲̣̣я̅ my school too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 9:56pm On Aug 12, 2012
@house....Which site can do home delivery for african foods?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:05pm On Aug 12, 2012
Adolite: @house....Which site can do home delivery for african foods?

I swear u get money
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jimtosam: 11:40pm On Aug 12, 2012
To God be the Glory ... I have landed ... Thank you Nairalanders. Impe Baba, GboyegaD, Deevick,Successgreat,Walex, and so on, thank you so much for your support. Anyone in Illinois; Chicago, Springfield, Charleston, Macomb,etc please let's hook up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:12am On Aug 13, 2012
Adolite: @house....Which site can do home delivery for african foods?

That might be hard. Why not go to the store by yourself instead.

jimtosam: To God be the Glory ... I have landed ... Thank you Nairalanders. Impe Baba, GboyegaD, Deevick,Successgreat,Walex, and so on, thank you so much for your support. Anyone in Illinois; Chicago, Springfield, Charleston, Macomb,etc please let's hook up.

Enjoy yourself mehn. That's a big city.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 12:37am On Aug 13, 2012
imperiouxx:

That might be hard. Why not go to the store by yourself instead.

No Such African store nearby but other stuffs are cheaper, starting from accommodation and the rest are cheap,loving this town grin smiley smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:38am On Aug 13, 2012
Adolite:

No Such African store nearby but other stuffs are cheaper, starting from accommodation and the rest are cheap,loving this town grin smiley smiley

Happy to hear that you love your town. You can as well wait till you see someone in those major cities that can help with mailing or taking you there. I spent 6 months before I could have a taste of garri and other nigeria stuffs again grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 1:11am On Aug 13, 2012
imperiouxx:

Happy to hear that you love your town. You can as well wait till you see someone in those major cities that can help with mailing or taking you there. I spent 6 months before I could have a taste of garri and other nigeria stuffs again grin

Did you just said 6 months....But what have you been eating throughout the 6 months?You try oooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:17am On Aug 13, 2012
Adolite:

Did you just said 6 months....But what have you been eating throughout the 6 months?You try oooooo

What I see around...dem no dey kill....All American except their fried okra, Italian lasagnette and Mexician beans & enchiladas.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 6:51am On Aug 13, 2012
jimtosam: To God be the Glory ... I have landed ... Thank you Nairalanders. Impe Baba, GboyegaD, Deevick,Successgreat,Walex, and so on, thank you so much for your support. Anyone in Illinois; Chicago, Springfield, Charleston, Macomb,etc please let's hook up.

Wow. Cool. Nice to hear that. Remain focused.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by king14: 7:01am On Aug 13, 2012
@Adolite,

Like how much is your rental monthly and what city are you in?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 9:56am On Aug 13, 2012
My surest padi dem...I don arrive yankee ooo....for those who never come...abeg dey come ooo and wish u safe journey and for those who wanna go for visa interview...i wish you all the best...imperiouxxx...deevick...kpolli...larrypady...big_francis...GboyegaD... an all NL padis dem Thanks guy for the trying times and d support,,,God bless y'all

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2012
walex57: My surest padi dem...I don arrive yankee ooo....for those who never come...abeg dey come ooo and wish u safe journey and for those who wanna go for visa interview...i wish you all the best...imperiouxxx...deevick...kpolli...larrypady...big_francis...GboyegaD... an all NL padis dem Thanks guy for the trying times and d support,,,God bless y'all

Wowww! Congrats Wale. wink
What state are you in, Texas?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sanadeb001: 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
Hello house,
I need material for SAT. And how do I register.. Please help out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
walex57: My surest padi dem...I don arrive yankee ooo....for those who never come...abeg dey come ooo and wish u safe journey and for those who wanna go for visa interview...i wish you all the best...imperiouxxx...deevick...kpolli...larrypady...big_francis...GboyegaD... an all NL padis dem Thanks guy for the trying times and d support,,,God bless y'all

Welcome home.

bigfrancis21:

Wowww! Congrats Wale. wink
What state are you in, Texas?

Wale is in CA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by 6packs: 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
@ imperiouxx,or any oda persons in da house,kindly send to my email gre and toefl materials to my inbox akeen4u@yahoo.com.thanx yu r guys are gr8...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fittty(m): 2:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
Guys do u know of schools that don't ask for WES transcripts evaluation? Google isn't helping sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:20pm On Aug 13, 2012
fittty: Guys do u know of schools that don't ask for WES transcripts evaluation? Google isn't helping sad

Few ask for professional evaluation while many don't. Search on the school site directly not through google.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2012

Congrats and thanks †̥ God 4 Ʊя̲̅ save trip. Enjoy your stay @ OBAMALAND
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
House, pls I'm on d horns of dilemma now. Kindly advice me coz I'm @ ikeja today †̥ pick up M̶̲̥̅Ɣ visa and unfortunately, I was told dat it Ȋ̝̊̅§ not ready dat they haven't send it †̥ them. All other pple we did it the same time are collecting theirs, hope there isn't problem somewhere and I have called the helpdesk and was told the same thing. •̸№ specific date was given M̶̲̥̅ƺ, pls house what can I do †̥ this and hope there won't be any problem. Pls respond asap. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 2:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
lanrypaddy: House, pls I'm on d horns of dilemma now. Kindly advice me coz I'm @ ikeja today †̥ pick up M̶̲̥̅Ɣ visa and unfortunately, I was told dat it Ȋ̝̊̅§ not ready dat they haven't send it †̥ them. All other pple we did it the same time are collecting theirs, hope there isn't problem somewhere and I have called the helpdesk and was told the same thing. •̸№ specific date was given M̶̲̥̅ƺ, pls house what can I do †̥ this and hope there won't be any problem. Pls respond asap. Thanks.

Chill, same thing happened to me n I got it

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.