Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,146 members, 7,890,864 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:20 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310487 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2012
franklynx: am writing my GRE 2mao..pls pray 4 me ooo..

Wish u all d best. I also intend writing the exams within the next one month. What study materials did u use & how long did you prepare for it? & please get back to this thread thread with ur estimated score, whatever it is. Best of Luck man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2012

Success. We expect your test experience and result soon. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2012
Good Afternoon to all the Nairalanders, I beg i need you guys to help me out on this question. A sister of mine just finished her senior secondary school classes with good SSCE results and she want to go aboard to study meanwhile she is just 15 years of age. My question now is that, do you think a girl of her age can be giving admission as well as visa to go and study aboard? Many thanks to those who respond to this question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2012

God hears and does everything. Best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dwordworks: 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
dnpasion: Good Afternoon to all the Nairalanders, I beg i need you guys to help me out on this question. A sister of mine just finished her senior secondary school classes with good SSCE results and she want to go aboard to study meanwhile she is just 15 years of age. My question now is that, do you think a girl of her age can be giving admission as well as visa to go and study aboard? Many thanks to those who respond to this question.

Yes. She should sit for SAT and possibly TOEFL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2012
Guys, pls is 1350 a gud SAT score?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by franklynx(m): 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2012
fankz 2'yall...wil update u on hw it went..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by franklynx(m): 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
Find Out!:

Wish u all d best. I also intend writing the exams within the next one month. What study materials did u use & how long did you prepare for it? & please get back to this thread thread with ur estimated score, whatever it is. Best of Luck man.

i Read CRACKING THE GRE and BARON'S Study packs..very good and illustrative..conversant wif like 1000+ new wordz brodaaa..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by 6packs: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
6packs: @ imperiouxx,or any oda persons in da house,kindly send to my email gre and toefl materials to my inbox akeen4u@yahoo.com.thanx yu r guys are gr8...

Pls send me gre and toefl materials to my email.

akeen4u@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
franklynx:

i Read CRACKING THE GRE and BARON'S Study packs..very good and illustrative..conversant wif like 1000+ new wordz brodaaa..

Franklynx,
What is the ISBN numbers for the GRE prep materials you used?

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
dwordworks:

Yes. She should sit for SAT and possibly TOEFL.
So long as she is qualified, she can be admitted into any institution of higher learning. Her age should not be a problem when she applies for a visa. Minors travel by themselves all the time and besides, there are "kids" much younger than her in Universities in the US.

Be sure she has a parent figure keeping tab if she`s going to be here by herself studying for four years.

Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 7:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
imperiouxx:

Ok got it, how is sacramento treating you?
Fine Fine and very Fine....na their food wey no get taste i never adjust to ooo...iya yusuf canteen no dey yankee ni?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 11:05pm On Aug 15, 2012
walex57:
Fine Fine and very Fine....na their food wey no get taste i never adjust to ooo...iya yusuf canteen no dey yankee ni?

@walex u neva see anything yet.. lolz...in 3 months time na then u go understand why i say make u bring alumo come........... grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 11:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
seedord247:

Bros i dey ooo . . .I'm happy for you ooo. . . I just dey corner they watch una success dey flow like

Boko haram bomb. grin

I welcomed you guys to the United State of Destiny.

This is where the real journey begins. . . cool

No one will loan you money not to talk of dash you.

No family or frnds is ready to harbor you at home for free. smiley

The only resources yiou got is you, yourself and nobody.

If you are not disciplined better take the class before coming.

If you easily get aggressive, better take anger management before coming bcus pple wey craze passs u dey here.

If you spend money unwisely go and learn macro economic bcus every cents here is useful.

If you are the type that cant live without frnds and family. . . You better have your pillow with you

bcus you fit not even see your neighbor for months and your best frnd will be your gadgets. (depends on the state sha.) sad

No excuse for ignorance here, if you make any mistake, admit it to yourself and plan way out or else you are OYO. . . undecided

If any of your frnds tell you say dem dey et fried rice for house . . na lie oo . . na burger and diet coke them eat. grin

USA is sweeet but only few enjoyed it.

wishing you guys the best of the best as you land the of the Brave.

Note: . . Pls know the kind of pple you walk with . . That's the most important thing, bcus the only thing wey sure pass for USA is prison.

And their prison start from 3 yrs upward. grin grin

@seedord...............9ja believe in seeing............so anyhow sha guys go adjust...but u have said it allllllllllll shocked shocked shocked

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 6:17am On Aug 16, 2012
Guys that just landed..Aw are we getting phones ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by seedord247(m): 9:19am On Aug 16, 2012
Mystiqme: Guys that just landed..Aw are we getting phones ooo

You for bring one phone for naija now. All you need is to go tmobile or simple to get a sim.

But if u don't, you can use metro pc as a newbeee.

For those of una wey just enter make una dey yawn us story how una schoool tey be and how the society they treat una. grin

Be ready for manual galala in couple of months ooooo. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 9:23am On Aug 16, 2012
walex57:

Walex57 I dey feel ur passion 4 d great unilorin bro...dem no fit get Iya yussuf lai lai...₪ǻ wa, we all miss Iya yussuf food canteen bro...lolz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Olami1224: 9:33am On Aug 16, 2012
rowlandoo:

Imperioux
Please kindly send me toefl. Material .austiinn33d@yahoo.com
Tanks need it for someone testin pretty soon .

Please everybody i need Toefl and GRE or sat materials. sodiqonas@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Alexis83: 10:19am On Aug 16, 2012
Call Ernest on 08030726814 he helped get dates for me and my family members for a fee. All the best.

splashilicious: Hi house, I am new here, pls I need your advise!I applied for student visa at the American embassy for fall 2012 but was denied initially on the reason that what i was saying wasn't consistent with what the visa officer has on the system. i really dont know what that means. my school resumes in 2 weeks time i have been up all night to get a date but all to no avail. Please i need your help. i heard some people can help get dates with a fee. i will appreciate if i can be guided properly. Thanks house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by y2kaustin(m): 11:33am On Aug 16, 2012
Help!,i was denied a US M1 vocational studies,visa yesterday at the embassy.Can i appeal,if yes,how do i go about it?Kindly mail me at :y2kaustin@gmail.Com...God Bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2012
Olami1224:

Please everybody i need Toefl and GRE or sat materials. sodiqonas@yahoo.com

Both sent!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2012
6packs:

Pls send me gre and toefl materials to my email.

akeen4u@yahoo.com

I tried but got the Mailer Daemon Failure notice. Do you have another account?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Theyjih: 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2012
pls guys in the states can u help wiv posting money order of bout 100 bucks to an adress in NJ please its urgent either via USPS or moneygram ..i did post dis last week wiv no response embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by daminho(m): 4:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
imperiouxx:

God hears and does everything. Best of luck
@imperiouxx pls I nid the GRE materials link ...I av tried to check ųя posts for the links but cudnt find it, pls my mail is elijatmunich@yahoo.com
Abeeeeeg imperiouxxxxxx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by daminho(m): 4:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
bigfrancis21:

I tried but got the Mailer Daemon Failure notice. Do you have another account?
Please I need the GRE materials @bigfrancis21 my mail is elijatmunich@yahoo.com thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2012
daminho:
Please I need the GRE materials @bigfrancis21 my mail is elijatmunich@yahoo.com thanks

GRE Material Sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by daminho(m): 6:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
ferdiii:

GRE Material Sent
God bless U broda...appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by product: 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2012
Theyjih: pls guys in the sates can u help wiv posting money order of bout 100 bucks to an adress in NJ please its urgent either via USPS or moneygram ..i did post dis last week wiv no response embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Use gnt .

Or get bck to me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by franklynx(m): 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2012
did my GRE earlier 2dai...twaz quite ok..
Score was 301 to be precise..already applied to USC for MSc.in petroleum engineering for Spring 2013..wishing others preparing for the GRE, a successful one too..
all one needs is persistence in sticking 2 one's study plan..and sure ull be fine..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2012
A friend got his visa today, asked me to post his experience which he wrote in my email for some reasons. He wrote me after he was denied, we discussed about way out for the second interview and now few week after the first denial, he wrote me again with his success story......I'd be right back with the two exp shortly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2012
The denied story as directed to post:

July 6

Really hope to be part of that dream by September.

Appreciate all your contributions on the thread. Some have been particularly useful to me.
Pls take some time to read through this as I narrate my predicament.

I went for my interview last Friday 6th July and was denied. I was interviewed by the dude in counter 3. His voice was barely audible but I managed. It went this way:

V.O: can i have your docs?
Me: (I gave him.)
V.O: Why do u want to travel to the U.S?
Me: 'For my graduate studies'
V.O: And what course do u want to study?
Me: 'Ocean Engineering'
V.O: (a lil bit surprised) Ocean...engineering...what's that?
Me: (a bit surprised too, tried explaining to him) Its actually an extension of my bachelor's degreee...
V.O: What did u study in university?
Me: Civil Engineering
V.O: What school?
Me: Unilorin
V.O: When did u graduate?
Me: 2006
V.O: What have u been doing since then?
Me: I gained employment immediately I left school with an engineering firm, oil and gas servicing agency...
V.O: (cuts me) I can see u work with Mobil as a contract staff...(that was my second employment but he didnt give me chance to explain)
Me: Yes
V.O: What do u do for them? Me: I work as a design engineer on one of their projects...
V.O: (cuts me again) So u help in designing their oil rigs?
Me: Not oil rig but I work on one of their new wellhead facilities
V.O: So what's the difference?
Me: (Tried explaining to him diff btw a wellhead and an oil rig. i could see he wasn't convinced and he thought they were same thing)
V.O: Did u write GRE?
Me: No, but I have a waiver from my University (searching for it through my docs, here I regret not mentioning that I wrote TOEFL which I passed really well scoring 93, but he did not ask for it)
V.O: Its ok (but I just found the waiver and handed it to him, he looked at it and gave it back to me, by this time I think he already made up his mind. He was looking at his screen)
V.O: What's the duration of your study?
Me: Twenty months but 24 months written on my I-20.
V.O: What other Uni did u apply to?
Me: I applied to texas A&M college station (I did not really complete that application)
V.O: Were u accepted?
Me: No
V.O: (handed me the white letter, he started saying some stuff. I heard him mention the state I am going but I wasn't even listening/hearing him)
I packed my stuff and went out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2012
The success story as directed to post:

August 16

The funny thing was that this same guy that interviewed me today was the one I was praying not to interview me the last time cos he was just bouncing guys anyhow...
and the one that interviewed me the last time was doing the biometrics today. Imagine. I didn't even realise this until I walked up to his counter and saw him because from the angle where I was sitting I couldn't see the person occupying that counter..

I walked up to the counter smiling...
Dude: Can I have your documents?
Me: I passed it to him (he started looking at his screen, I expected him to say I've been denied once and why)
Dude: Why are you going to the US?
Me: I wish to go the US for my graduate studies in OE in this university. I'm also on a study leave from the coy where I work. (I repeated the last one so he could hear. This was my strategy to give him everything he needs at a go)
Dude: (still looking at the screen) so you are on a study leave?
Me: Yes ( he was looking at the screen for too long this made me feel slightly uncomfortable)
Dude: (finally looking up) And what is currently your highest level of study?
Me: I have a bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering
Dude: And from where?
Me: I told him
Dude: When was that?
Me: 2006
Dude: what have you been doing since then?
Me: ( I knew this is the crucial part so I took my time to explain my work history to him)
Dude: So why do you want to go to study at this time?
Me: (wasn't really expecting this but I quickly recovered) So as to get more value for my self cos I can only get to a certain level with a first deg so I want to make myself more employable when I come back
Dude: why this school?
Me: (emphatic, and started explaining all those things the course and school have to offer...I even told him the course produced the discoverer of the Titanic wreck and he is currently a professor there. He got excited and even mentioned the name before I did! I was just smiling)
Dude: Do u have experience related to this course?
Me: yeah ( I started explaining-)
Dude: Did you take GRE?
Me: (emphatic) No because it is not required for the course but I wrote TOEFL and I have a waiver for the GRE. (he did not bother to ask for it)
Dude: So who's paying for your study?
Me: My dad, and I also have my own account
Dude: Can I see his statement?
Me: (passed it to him and he just glanced through it. I was scared here cos, even tho he is really my dad, he used his father's name as surname in this account therefore our surnames are diff.)
Dude: what does he do?
Me: I explained to him
Dude: started typing on the screen for like 30s. (I was just praying inside) He even asked if I would be attending that Prof's class jokingly, cos he is a celebrity over there. This was where I knew I would get it lol. Finally he tore the pickup ticket and told me to pick it up on Tuesday and make sure I resume on 5th Sept.
I just gave a very big smile and said 'thank you'. I even asked 'would that be all?' and he said yes.

He only asked for my account statement. I just give all the glory to God. Even the study leave letter that I drafted myself with letterhead paper of my company he did not ask lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.