Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,161 members, 7,890,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:53 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (310510 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by madeit2thetop(m): 8:33pm On Aug 16, 2012
Pls house how do I pay all these skuls application fee sef?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2012
imperiouxx: The success story as directed to post:

August 16

The funny thing was that this same guy that interviewed me today was the one I was praying not to interview me the last time cos he was just bouncing guys anyhow...
and the one that interviewed me the last time was doing the biometrics today. Imagine. I didn't even realise this until I walked up to his counter and saw him because from the angle where I was sitting I couldn't see the person occupying that counter..

I walked up to the counter smiling...
Dude: Can I have your documents?
Me: I passed it to him (he started looking at his screen, I expected him to say I've been denied once and why)
Dude: Why are you going to the US?
Me: I wish to go the US for my graduate studies in OE in this university. I'm also on a study leave from the coy where I work. (I repeated the last one so he could hear. This was my strategy to give him everything he needs at a go)
Dude: (still looking at the screen) so you are on a study leave?
Me: Yes ( he was looking at the screen for too long this made me feel slightly uncomfortable)
Dude: (finally looking up) And what is currently your highest level of study?
Me: I have a bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering
Dude: And from where?
Me: I told him
Dude: When was that?
Me: 2006
Dude: what have you been doing since then?
Me: ( I knew this is the crucial part so I took my time to explain my work history to him)
Dude: So why do you want to go to study at this time?
Me: (wasn't really expecting this but I quickly recovered) So as to get more value for my self cos I can only get to a certain level with a first deg so I want to make myself more employable when I come back
Dude: why this school?
Me: (emphatic, and started explaining all those things the course and school have to offer...[b]I even told him the course produced the discoverer of the Titanic wreck and he is currently a professor there. He got excited and even mentioned the name before I d[/b]id! I was just smiling)
Dude: Do u have experience related to this course?
Me: yeah ( I started explaining-)
Dude: Did you take GRE?
Me: (emphatic) No because it is not required for the course but I wrote TOEFL and I have a waiver for the GRE. (he did not bother to ask for it)
Dude: So who's paying for your study?
Me: My dad, and I also have my own account
Dude: Can I see his statement?
Me: (passed it to him and he just glanced through it. I was scared here cos, even tho he is really my dad, he used his father's name as surname in this account therefore our surnames are diff.)
Dude: what does he do?
Me: I explained to him
Dude: started typing on the screen for like 30s. (I was just praying inside) He even asked if I would be attending that Prof's class jokingly, cos he is a celebrity over there. This was where I knew I would get it lol. Finally he tore the pickup ticket and told me to pick it up on Tuesday and make sure I resume on 5th Sept.
I just gave a very big smile and said 'thank you'. I even asked 'would that be all?' and he said yes.

He only asked for my account statement. I just give all the glory to God. Even the study leave letter that I drafted myself with letterhead paper of my company he did not ask lol.
Robert Ballard made the difference.lolz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:04pm On Aug 16, 2012
Mystiqme:
Robert Ballard made the difference.lolz

Yea, that's the statement that formed the VO's decision. I'm happy for the guy and he showed good features that can convince any VO.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by 6packs: 10:33pm On Aug 16, 2012
bigfrancis21:

I tried but got the Mailer Daemon Failure notice. Do you have another account?

Ok try Peter.sule@rocketmail.com
Thanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 11:16pm On Aug 16, 2012

August 16

The funny thing was that this same guy that interviewed me today was the one I was praying not to interview me the last time cos he was just bouncing guys anyhow...
and the one that interviewed me the last time was doing the biometrics today. Imagine. I didn't even realise this until I walked up to his counter and saw him because from the angle where I was sitting I couldn't see the person occupying that counter..

Me: I passed it to him (he started looking at his screen, I expected him to say I've been denied once and why)
Me: I wish to go the US for my graduate studies in OE in this university. I'm also on a study leave from the coy where I work. (I repeated the last one so he could hear. This was my strategy to give him everything he needs at a go)
Me: Yes ( he was looking at the screen for too long this made me feel slightly uncomfortable)
Me: ( I knew this is the crucial part so I took my time to explain my work history to him)
Me: (wasn't really expecting this but I quickly recovered) So as to get more value for my self cos I can only get to a certain level with a first deg so I want to make myself more employable when I come back
Me: (emphatic, and started explaining all those things the course and school have to offer...I even told him the course produced the discoverer of the Titanic wreck and he is currently a professor there. He got excited and even mentioned the name before I did! I was just smiling)
Me: (emphatic) No because it is not required for the course but I wrote TOEFL and I have a waiver for the GRE. (he did not bother to ask for it)
Me: (passed it to him and he just glanced through it. I was scared here cos, even tho he is really my dad, he used his father's name as surname in this account therefore our surnames are diff.)
Dude: started typing on the screen for like 30s. (I was just praying inside) He even asked if I would be attending that Prof's class jokingly, cos he is a celebrity over there. This was where I knew I would get it lol. Finally he tore the pickup ticket and told me to pick it up on Tuesday and make sure I resume on 5th Sept.
I just gave a very big smile and said 'thank you'. I even asked 'would that be all?' and he said yes.

He only asked for my account statement. I just give all the glory to God. Even the study leave letter that I drafted myself with letterhead paper of my company he did not ask lol.
i luv ds story
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 11:20pm On Aug 16, 2012
franklynx: did my GRE earlier 2dai...twaz quite ok..
Score was 301 to be precise..already applied to USC for MSc.in petroleum engineering for Spring 2013..wishing others preparing for the GRE, a successful one too..
all one needs is persistence in sticking 2 one's study plan..and sure ull be fine..

Wow. Congrats. The score is quite high. I guess its over 340, right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 11:26pm On Aug 16, 2012
6packs:

Ok try Peter.sule@rocketmail.com
Thanx

Sent. Got no mailer daemon failure notice this time. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 11:35pm On Aug 16, 2012

August 16

Me: (emphatic, and started explaining all those things the course and school have to offer...I even told him the course produced the discoverer of the Titanic wreck and he is currently a professor there. He got excited and even mentioned the name before I did! I was just smiling)

From the foregoing, you prepared well for your second interview. Imperiouxx, a big thumbs up to you for making his visa interview a success. Keep spreading the love. One Love. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 11:48pm On Aug 16, 2012
bigfrancis21:

From the foregoing, you prepared well for your second interview. Imperiouxx, a big thumbs up to you for making his visa interview a success. Keep spreading the love. One Love. wink

Yea, the guy is really grateful but all gratefulness is for God because mine is only encouragement. In his first mail to me, he said I know such happened to you too that's why I'm writing you privately. I told him that day wasn't his day, he should pray and never give up and thank God he is happy today.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Abmoney: 12:33am On Aug 17, 2012
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MyVicky: 12:39am On Aug 17, 2012
I have been a passive follower of this thread and I would like to appreciate all the nairalanders who have contributed meaningfully to this didactic thread. I had my interview at the US consulate general, on the 15th of August, 2012 and I would try to be brief about my interview experience. I earnestly pray that for those who have interviews afterwards, you will have success story to share. First, permit me say that just as many guys have said, the God factor can not be over-emphasized, you need the mercy and favor of God and I pray you have it in abundance on that day. Also, for first timers like myself, please ensure you have your photographs ready before your interview date cos those photographers near the embassy are out to drain you! Don't listen to anyone who offers to staple your documents for you, they will dupe you-the stapling will be done when you go in. I wouldn't advise you to arrive earlier than 1 hour before your appointment time else your precious time will be 'squandered'. Meanwhile, no two interview experiences are the same, i had to read Isaiah 50: 4-10 and it could be of help to someone. Now to my paraphrased interview proper: immediately my ticket no was displayed @ counter 1, I quickly walked up to the white guy there and....

Me: good afternoon sir ( I even forgot to smile)
Vo: afternoon, pass me your docs
Me: passed the docs (feverishly waiting for the next bombshell )
Vo: Which school are you going?
Me: abc university
Vo: is that the only school you applied to?
Me: I applied to six schools in the US, 4 admits.....
Vo: name them
Me: when I started....the Vo interrupts...
Vo: did you take the GRE?
Me: yes
Vo: show me the result and continue (guess he wanted to cross check the schools on the result )
Me: continued ( thank God my confidence level has increased here )
Vo: why abc university?
Me: good research facilities, good ranking, good student-faculty ratio and affordability (cos I already have two other better ranked schools on the result but more expensive than abc )
Vo: oh, you are offered a scholarship @ abc university?
Me: yes ( the very reason I chose abc over the other two! But dem no born me well make I tell the Vo oooooo )
At this point he was a little bit silent and then I understood the saying that silence is deafening than noise at times.....suddenly!!!
Vo: which school did you finish from?
Me: I graduated from the prestigious OAU!
Vo: why OAU?
Me: academic excellence, structural masterpiece, comprehensive reading, learning, culture and social uniqueness
Vo: (with a skeptical eye?) how do you compare Ife with the university of Lagos? ( in a matter of nanosecond, I thought 'how did this white guy know about Ife and Unilag? Then I revived.....)
Me: I just re-arranged my answer above and told him that, for those reasons, I will choose OAU anyday, anytime!!!
Vo: which course?
Me: told him
Vo: what will you do after your studies?
Me : (permit me to say that I borrowed a line from someone on this thread, I'm sorry I couldnt recollect the person's ID, please, pardon me for virtual, Internet plagiarism!).....I just opened my mouth and said....,
My current job requires expertise in this field of study, meaning that I would be able to immediately return back to Nigeria and apply those acquired skills towards the development of Nigeria......
Vo: tore the green ticket and told me to go pick my visa........
Me: thank you sir and good bye.

God did it and I am very grateful to the Lord. Yours will not be impossible!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:42am On Aug 17, 2012
good, good experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 12:45am On Aug 17, 2012
My Vicky: I have been a passive follower of this thread and I would like to appreciate all the nairalanders who have contributed meaningfully to this didactic thread. I had my interview at the US consulate general, on the 15th of August, 2012 and I would try to be brief about my interview experience. I earnestly pray that for those who have interviews afterwards, you will have success story to share. First, permit me say that just as many guys have said, the God factor can not be over-emphasized, you need the mercy and favor of God and I pray you have it in abundance on that day. Also, for first timers like myself, please ensure you have your photographs ready before your interview date cos those photographers near the embassy are out to drain you! Don't listen to anyone who offers to staple your documents for you, they will dupe you-the stapling will be done when you go in. I wouldn't advise you to arrive earlier than 1 hour before your appointment time else your precious time will be 'squandered'. Meanwhile, no two interview experiences are the same, i had to read Isaiah 50: 4-10 and it could be of help to someone. Now to my paraphrased interview proper: immediately my ticket no was displayed @ counter 1, I quickly walked up to the white guy there and....

Vo: show me the result and continue (guess he wanted to cross check the schools on the result )
Me: good research facilities, good ranking, good student-faculty ratio and affordability (cos I already have two other better ranked schools on the result but more expensive than abc )
Me: yes ( the very reason I chose abc over the other two! But dem no born me well make I tell the Vo oooooo )
At this point he was a little bit silent and then I understood the saying that silence is deafening than noise at times.....suddenly!!!
Me: academic excellence, structural masterpiece, comprehensive reading, learning, culture and social uniqueness
Vo: (with a skeptical eye?) how do you compare Ife with the university of Lagos? ( in a matter of nanosecond, I thought 'how did this white guy know about Ife and Unilag? Then I revived.....)
Me: I just re-arranged my answer above and told him that, for those reasons, I will choose OAU anyday, anytime!!!
Me : (permit me to say that I borrowed a line from someone on this thread, I'm sorry I couldnt recollect the person's ID, please, pardon me for virtual, Internet plagiarism!).....I just opened my mouth and said....,
My current job requires expertise in this field of study, meaning that I would be able to immediately return back to Nigeria and apply those acquired skills towards the development of Nigeria......

Hahaha. You got me laughing here, smart bloke. cheesy Congrats anyway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 12:50am On Aug 17, 2012
Abmoney:
kissWoow i love this Union of people with great minds.. I'd appreciate if anyone here can help me with materials of GRE sent †☺ my email.. Ab_sky2@yahoo.co.uk
thanks

Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Abmoney: 12:53am On Aug 17, 2012
My Vicky.. Thank God for your life, i enjoyed reading your thread, now i feel so encourage, but i have to write a GRE exam in 3weeks, need someone who can help me with the materials. Ab_sky2@yahoo.co.uk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 12:54am On Aug 17, 2012
lanrypaddy:

Walex57 I dey feel ur passion 4 d great unilorin bro...dem no fit get Iya yussuf lai lai...₪ǻ wa, we all miss Iya yussuf food canteen bro...lolz
Yes ooo my bro...will miss the hot amala with gbegiri pelu ogunfe to solid!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 12:57am On Aug 17, 2012
Chi-town Base:

@walex u neva see anything yet.. lolz...in 3 months time na then u go understand why i say make u bring alumo come........... grin grin grin
yeepa..i go panda express..na im i buy fried rice oo with orange chicke..men the chicken na nonsense....the rice na foolish...and i paid $7 for all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 12:58am On Aug 17, 2012
Abmoney: My Vicky.. Thank God for your life, i enjoyed reading your thread, now i feel so encourage, but i have to write a GRE exam in 3weeks, need someone who can help me with the materials. Ab_sky2@yahoo.co.uk

I just did. Check your inbox.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:00am On Aug 17, 2012
walex57:
yeepa..i go panda express..na im i buy fried rice oo with orange chicke..men the chicken na nonsense....the rice na foolish...and i paid $7 for all

Hahaha. Men you've got lots of action going on there. Have you started school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 1:19am On Aug 17, 2012
My Vicky: I have been a passive follower of this thread and I would like to appreciate all the nairalanders who have contributed meaningfully to this didactic thread. I had my interview at the US consulate general, on the 15th of August, 2012 and I would try to be brief about my interview experience. I earnestly pray that for those who have interviews afterwards, you will have success story to share. First, permit me say that just as many guys have said, the God factor can not be over-emphasized, you need the mercy and favor of God and I pray you have it in abundance on that day. Also, for first timers like myself, please ensure you have your photographs ready before your interview date cos those photographers near the embassy are out to drain you! Don't listen to anyone who offers to staple your documents for you, they will dupe you-the stapling will be done when you go in. I wouldn't advise you to arrive earlier than 1 hour before your appointment time else your precious time will be 'squandered'. Meanwhile, no two interview experiences are the same, i had to read Isaiah 50: 4-10 and it could be of help to someone. Now to my paraphrased interview proper: immediately my ticket no was displayed @ counter 1, I quickly walked up to the white guy there and....

Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 17, 2012
Pls I need a recent gre materials.
Kenbuying@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Abmoney: 1:36am On Aug 17, 2012
Gracias My Nijapeeps.. you guys too much jooh cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 2:13am On Aug 17, 2012
franklynx: did my GRE earlier 2dai...twaz quite ok..
Score was 301 to be precise..already applied to USC for MSc.in petroleum engineering for Spring 2013..wishing others preparing for the GRE, a successful one too..
all one needs is persistence in sticking 2 one's study plan..and sure ull be fine..

Nice one bro. Congratulations. I'm much more inspired by this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Theyjih: 2:59am On Aug 17, 2012
product: .

Use gnt .

Or get bck to me
thkx 4 d response, u've a msg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 3:25am On Aug 17, 2012
bigfrancis21:

Hahaha. Men you've got lots of action going on there. Have you started school?
yeah bro started school already...where're u at?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:04am On Aug 17, 2012

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by product: 5:13am On Aug 17, 2012
kpolli:

Congrats bro

What's up bro . We are really progressing and there will be a party for thread members anytime soon . I would personally love to be the MC . Coz am good in that . Cheers to one broda that got the green ticket , to be honest it has got to be a work load of preparation . WISH all Spring Applicants Luck .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by product: 5:15am On Aug 17, 2012
madeit2thetop: Pls house how do I pay all these skuls application fee sef?

I honestly do think if you know your way ,some school could eventually waive application fee but it calls for a very good eassay and a close contact with the counselors . Hope u can give it a try.
Goodluck
Ciao
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Abmoney: 7:52am On Aug 17, 2012
Hello Friends, Please i need a Readable materials for GRE and TOEFL. I'd appreciate any kind response sent to my email. Abiolaforever@hotmail.co.uk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Theyjih: 7:53am On Aug 17, 2012
Thanks Imperiouxx & Product i wld b postn d order 2day, as 4 GRE, scored 288 not good, but enough 2 get in.congrats 2 d 310 guy and many more yet 2 wryte Spring '13 here we come
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Theyjih: 7:55am On Aug 17, 2012
Thanks Imperiouxx & Product i wld b postn d order 2day, as 4 GRE, scored 288 not good, but enough 2 get in.congrats 2 d 310 guy and many more yet 2 wryte Spring '13 here we come
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 12:15pm On Aug 17, 2012

August 16

Wish him good luck at Rhode Island

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.