Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,396 members, 7,950,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 01:19 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (312123 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelkim: 5:37am On Aug 09, 2012
Hello my guys,what is cooking, see as Visa dey flow for Lagos like water, Thank God o, i supect something , it is like they know student and future student will be resuming back august that is why they are issuing the VISA like this, am ko=inda assuming like they have time for this,

Thanks to all those that won or got their VISA last month and this month, those who missed out like me, i know for sure that one day we all will prevail and past our interview tooooooooo

oga imperious u dey vex say we nor dey respond o to u shay, okay i ready na, but please respond o

Oga imperious my said they did not require TOEFL, I was told that when i got there they will set exam for we new student, My international advissior also sennt an email to me as a cover up, but will this allow the VO To let me go? or i should go for toefl?

Please send me toefl and GRE material please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 5:38am On Aug 09, 2012
Baiyewu: @Square Bros i don send you ofline message tire. Thanks for your response and i beg pls reply me. @All i want to say that the forum has lived to its expectation. I want to thank you guys for the support, help and encouragement. Some of the contributors here went as far as paying sevis fee and admission fee for people they have never met. Indeed all the enquiries a novice needs as regards study in usa is embeded in this forum, that is why am suggesting that we look into building a website or blog where we can archive these invaluable infos for future references. Thanks and appreciates.

I did not receive any of your offline msgs. I hope you have the correct addy? Here again to confirm, tha65thsquare@yahoo.com. Let me know on Nairaland immediately you send a msg ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 5:41am On Aug 09, 2012
Webstradamus, how you dey? Where are you now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Baiyewu: 7:23am On Aug 09, 2012
@square65 i have just send a mail. I will be grateful for a prompt response. Thanks and appreciates.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ehimare007: 7:54am On Aug 09, 2012
Hi guys,I would also like to congratulate everyone that got visas.
Well I had my interview in lagos on the 7th and all thanks to God,I got my visa also.
My interview lasted for just 2mins 30sec and basically,I would say,God is faithful.
Pls listen house my observations include:
1.Look str8 into their eyes and pay rapt attenstion
2.Make sure the 1st 2 sentences u make hits the question before u can further explain if necessary.
3.Please without being biased,don't apply to community schools in the usa,u would harly get a visa.in ma presence,more than 10 students were rejected.
4.Pray well.
5.Ansa ur ques confidently,dat will attract the VO's attention.
In addition,please dress smart.
Oh! Almost forgot.
Pls don't ever get nervous,it's just like u wana write an exam,whether u get nervous or not,u will still write the exam,so why get nervous in the 1st place?
I would also like to find out from the gurus in the oil and gas field,
I got 2 admissions,texas A n M-kingsville to study chemical and natural gas engineering and university of southern california to study petroleum engineering.
Now as an average texas total fees-21k wit som scholarship given to me
California is abou 65k ...
Which should I take,given a consideration to the future
Thanks guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ehimare007: 7:57am On Aug 09, 2012
Laughing...pls ignore the typo errors.smiles
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 8:23am On Aug 09, 2012
ehimare007: Hi guys,I would also like to congratulate everyone that got visas.
Well I had my interview in lagos on the 7th and all thanks to God,I got my visa also.
My interview lasted for just 2mins 30sec and basically,I would say,God is faithful.
Pls listen house my observations include:
1.Look str8 into their eyes and pay rapt attenstion
2.Make sure the 1st 2 sentences u make hits the question before u can further explain if necessary.
3.Please without being biased,don't apply to community schools in the usa,u would harly get a visa.in ma presence,more than 10 students were rejected.
4.Pray well.
5.Ansa ur ques confidently,dat will attract the VO's attention.
In addition,please dress smart.
Oh! Almost forgot.
Pls don't ever get nervous,it's just like u wana write an exam,whether u get nervous or not,u will still write the exam,so why get nervous in the 1st place?
I got 2 admissions,texas A n M-kingsville to study chemical and natural gas engineering and university of southern california to study petroleum engineering.
Thanks guys

Congrats 2u...save trip †̥ OBAMALAND
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 8:27am On Aug 09, 2012
Please house, if You are ωΐт̃ђ any information abt any available cheap flight from 20 †̥ 24 d̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̥̅̊$ month, wey no g̲̅ø̲̣̣̥ get dulling shaoooo coz d̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̥̅̊$ will be M̶̲̥̅Ɣ first experience...lol...pls I need your assistance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by WARYZ(m): 9:25am On Aug 09, 2012
pls who is in new york so we can hook up and rub mind oo,jst pls drop your address into my mail box
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 10:14am On Aug 09, 2012
lanrypaddy:

Yeah M̶̲̥̅Ɣ man...Ʊ seems like say Ʊ sabi M̶̲̥̅ƺ wella? Thank Ʊ M̶̲̥̅Ɣ guy...
I served in your dept circa 2010.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Baiyewu: 10:14am On Aug 09, 2012
@ehimare congrats go javalinas when are u leaving. Am going for Ngen too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bypassit: 10:37am On Aug 09, 2012
House,Please i was been denied at the US CONSULATE BEFORE AND I HAVE A TAG ON MY PASSPORT THAT WAS BEEN RECEIVED AT THE CONSULATE BEFORE.CAN I REMOVE THE WHITE TAG WHEN NEXT I WEN NEXT I WANT TO RE-APPLY?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 10:54am On Aug 09, 2012
Mystiqme:
I served in your dept circa 2010.

Dat was M̶̲̥̅Ɣ final year in d dept...D̶̲̥̅̊âŧ'š gud bro, so Ђŵ va abt Ʊ nw?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 12:36pm On Aug 09, 2012
lanrypaddy:

Dat was M̶̲̥̅Ɣ final year in d dept...D̶̲̥̅̊âŧ'š gud bro, so Ђŵ va abt Ʊ nw?
I am in the US presently.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Drpak: 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2012
@House, does dis serve as an havoc during one's interview,if d intended date on ur ds160 is behind d day u ar going 4 ur interview, I.e u fill d form abt 2 months b4 interview because u cud nt get available date at d consulate,Dos dis affect during d interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yomifola(m): 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2012
WARYZ: pls who is in new york so we can hook up and rub mind oo,jst pls drop your address into my mail box

hey... U neva go?,Plz waka comot 4 diz country jare if u neva comot. Am jst hapi 4u. Lai pe lai jinaa..., we go meet 4 der.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ecalos: 2:48pm On Aug 09, 2012
ehimare007:
Thanks guys

Hey Mister, the two schools you have been admitted to are good schools but USC (University of Southern California) is far more recognized. I would have told you to go with A&M if it was the one in college station but as far as top 10 petroleum engineering colleges, University of Southern California makes that list and its also located in Los Angeles where you get access to loads and loads things to do and opportunities to network with people after your studies if it works out for you so I say go with USC if you can. Still conduct further research though before making a decision and make sure you are not one that can easily get carried away with "fun activities"...Check out this link http://education-portal.com/articles/List_of_Top_Petroleum_Engineering_Schools_and_Colleges.html

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ecalos: 2:55pm On Aug 09, 2012
ehimare007:
Thanks guys

Kingsville on the other hand na inside village...very close to Corpus Christi which is very close to Mexico..and when I say village, its a small community with about 30,000 people max as its population..Here will be the advantages of going there...you will be fully focused on your studies with little to no distractions at all...I know this because I also went to school in a small city but with about 120,000 as the population..But once you graduate it might just be best to move to a bigger city for more job opportunities if you are unable to get any in Kingsville....Its also a cheaper school compared to USC which is super super expensive...so you just have to create a list with pros and cons and go from there...Pray about it too...Good luck

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:28pm On Aug 09, 2012
ehimare007: Hi guys,I would also like to congratulate everyone that got visas.

Thanks guys

Lolz..... Is there anything to decide about those bold statement after your visa approved? This is called medicine after death? Which one you used when applying for the visa? That would be your primary destination, the school name would be printed on your visa conspicuously and the school has become your primary host. You can transfer from there to anywhere you like but the release letter comes from the school on your visa. Therefore, you can forget about the second admission for now until the school on your visa releases you. Moreover, I don't know how rich you are but why not go where you got grant rather than noun - NAME or PLACE?!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by webstradamus: 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2012
Square65: Webstradamus, how you dey? Where are you now?

Am doing Ok .. still 'offshore' though. Should call you soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2012
@emmanuelkim,

If your school said they have waived the TOEFL... good! and if you feel like having it after then....good too. The most important to have as a graduate is the GRE/GMAT which I will advice you write before you next interview if time is on your side. Gimme the email I'm sending the materials.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2012
imperiouxx:

Lolz..... Is there anything to decide about those bold statement after your visa approved? This is called medicine after death? Which one you used when applying for the visa? That would be your primary destination, the school name would be printed on your visa conspicuously and the school has become your primary host. You can transfer from there to anywhere you like but the release letter comes from the school on your visa. Therefore, you can forget about the second admission for now until the school on your visa releases you. Moreover, I don't know how rich you are but why not go where you got grant rather than noun - NAME or PLACE?!
I agree with Imperiouxx. go for grants rather than name. If you`re rich however, go for the big name. But, If the name and grant will take you to the same destination? How about you keep the extra $40,000 in your pocket. Or...sponsor someone (oh la la la...). If you`re not super rich however, taking the grant will take away sleepless nights. You`ll not even think about money or lack of it because you`ve got some free money rolling in. Like my husband will say, if you`re really after the big name, go to Havard. You will be surprised how many people you will work with eventually whose roots are humble.
Oh well.....should I just say I went to the University of Ibadan? I have a colleague here who went to the University of Ilorin. The list goes on and on. Really, if God wants you in that high place, it really doesn`t matter where you`ve been. I go cheap. I aim high. I got my first job in the US with my B.S from UI. Who knows UI in the US? What`s the hype about the top 5, 10 or 20 schools? My employer doesn`t care about the top 10 or top 20 schools. I have colleagues who went to the top US schools. All they care about is your degree and what you can deliver. Note, what you can deliver. America is a leveller.
Dont get me wrong some care about top schools. But the question is who are they? How many are they? They can keep their job. Let us keep our focus. Its not so much about the name.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2012
biofem2000:
I agree with Imperiouxx. go for grants rather than name. If you`re rich however, go for the big name. But, If the name and grant will take you to the same destination? How about you keep the extra $40,000 in your pocket. Or...sponsor someone (oh la la la...). If you`re not super rich however, taking the grant will take away sleepless nights. You`ll not even think about money or lack of it because you`ve got some free money rolling in. Like my husband will say, if you`re really after the big name, go to Havard. You will be surprised how many people you will work with eventually whose roots are humble.
Oh well.....should I just say I went to the University of Ibadan? I have a colleague here who went to the University of Ilorin. The list goes on and on. Really, if God wants you in that high place, it really doesn`t matter where you`ve been. I go cheap. I aim high. I got my first job in the US with my B.S from UI. Who knows UI in the US? What`s the hype about the top 5, 10 or 20 schools? My employer doesn`t care about the top 10 or top 20 schools. I have colleagues who went to the top US schools. All they care about is your degree and what you can deliver. Note, what you can deliver. America is a leveller.
Dont get me wrong some care about top schools. But the question is who are they? How many are they? They can keep their job. Let us keep our focus. Its not so much about the name.

Good luck.

In my field, that's all they need from. For PhD, lab experience, your thesis and if possible your publications. For job, lab experience and what you can deliver to them......Good explanation from you there.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bishop225(m): 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2012
I need assistance ,i have an appointment schedule for tomorrow,am yet to get one of my document for my interview,should i honor the invitation and tell them the reason or i should reschedule when my document arrives?please your response is anticipated and appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2012
bishop225: I need assistance ,i have an appointment schedule for tomorrow,am yet to get one of my document for my interview,should i honor the invitation and tell them the reason or i should reschedule when my document arrives?please your response is anticipated and appreciated.
I think it depends on what document it is. I`m sure people will be able to advise you accordingly if you say exactly what document you`re missing.

Good Luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:20pm On Aug 09, 2012
bishop225: I need assistance ,i have an appointment schedule for tomorrow,am yet to get one of my document for my interview,should i honor the invitation and tell them the reason or i should reschedule when my document arrives?please your response is anticipated and appreciated.

Sure which document is that? You can't cancel your appointment by now. If you don't honor the appointment, I think it would be counted as interview done.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emekatimsu(m): 8:00pm On Aug 09, 2012
imperiouxx...pls i also need d Gmat materials to help.
Pls foward to emekatimsu@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ecalos: 8:33pm On Aug 09, 2012
biofem2000:

Good luck.

Yeah top 10 and all are "overrated" but the point is in those schools you get more opportunities for networking and placements while you are in college compared to other schools...Its just a given...am not saying you wont in other "no name" schools but with top schools it just makes it a bit easier in this failing economy... But with God nothing is impossible... I was still able to go places with my "no name" school...So it all depends

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 8:58pm On Aug 09, 2012
lanrypaddy: Please house, if You are ωΐт̃ђ any information abt any available cheap flight from 20 †̥ 24 d̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̥̅̊$ month, wey no g̲̅ø̲̣̣̥ get dulling shaoooo coz d̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̥̅̊$ will be M̶̲̥̅Ɣ first experience...lol...pls I need your assistance.

Royal Air Maroc on the 22nd goes for N218k.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 10:34pm On Aug 09, 2012
i really like this thread i neva knew 9jirians can help themselves like this for free and always happy about each others success.....i wish we can also practice that here in usa.....but am really impressed...........i hope the good work continues grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2012
Chi-town Base:
i really like this thread i neva knew 9jirians can help themselves like this for free and always happy about each others success.....i wish we can also practice that here in usa.....but am really impressed...........i hope the good work continues grin grin grin

We actually can but I think the challenge is that we are overwhelmed by many factors and more so, the economy we live in teaches us to be very self centered somehow. Nevertheless, people do but not on the general basis.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:52pm On Aug 09, 2012
A day is coming when dem go host Nairaland-US students thread party in US because this thread don get enough member scatter all over US. May be then you go see who dey tackle you online for real life and deliver a re-vibrating message to em ear grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.