Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,365 members, 7,920,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 05:17 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (311396 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 10:35pm On Aug 07, 2012
biofem2000:

I`ll say no palm oil. You`ll get that at the african store. I`ll be more than happy to send you some from Maryland (ha ha ha). Noodles.... enough at Walmart or Sams club. A box of 36 goes for less than $7 ( Ha ha !! don`t ask me what i use them for, I`m a mum of 3 gobblers)
i'm also benefiting from your good advice on food to bring along...what about dry fish...egusi...ogbonna...dry pepper, knorr maggi...especially the dry fish...will it be allowed at POE at JFK?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:41pm On Aug 07, 2012
walex57:
i'm also benefiting from your good advice on food to bring along...what about dry fish...egusi...ogbonna...dry pepper, knorr maggi...especially the dry fish...will it be allowed at POE at JFK?

When a friend visited Houston recently, all what you listed were bought for me. I don't see reason why you guys should trouble yourselves like this. I'm a kind of person that hate packing loads, mostly food stuffs when traveling even when I was schooling outside Lagos or doing NYSC. Pack of Knorr cube, ground egusi, garri, sardine and 5 litres palm oil full my kitchen cupboard as we speak. Na only my two bags, one with my laptop I brought into US o. You can miss your local food for days but soon you get more than enough of it. If you are in city, you'll get all these within few weeks you arrived. Just search African food store or simply Nigerian food store in your county on google or any search engine, if there is which I know there will be in most cities, ask friend to give you ride there, get your food and welcoming greeting join. Chikena
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 11:01pm On Aug 07, 2012
imperiouxx:

When a friend visited Houston recently, all what you listed were bought for me. I don't see reason why you guys should trouble yourselves like this. I'm a kind of person that hate packing loads, mostly food stuffs when traveling even when I was schooling outside Lagos or doing NYSC. Pack of Knorr cube, ground egusi, garri, sardine and 5 litres palm oil full my kitchen cupboard as we speak. Na only my two bags, one with my laptop I brought into US o. You can miss your local food for days but soon you get more than enough of it. If you are in city, you'll get all these within few weeks you arrived. Just search African food store or simply Nigerian food store in your county on google or any search engine, if there is which I know there will be in most cities, ask friend to give you ride there, get your food and welcoming greeting join. Chikena
hmmmmm...nice...u know say u be oga for there...ok nah...very good...lemme search online for african store...if my food finish...na ya place i dey come straight come pack food ooo... grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 11:05pm On Aug 07, 2012
^^^ lol grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 12:25am On Aug 08, 2012
hi guys....T mobile is not working in my town...Madison.....what a small town indeed..which other line do you guys suggest...AT&T are crazy, they cant activate pay as you go on my iphone4s unless i go on contract with them and also on my Blackberry,BBM not working...shit......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:38am On Aug 08, 2012
Adolite: hi guys....T mobile is not working in my town...Madison.....what a small town indeed..which other line do you guys suggest...AT&T are crazy, they cant activate pay as you go on my iphone4s unless i go on contract with them and also on my Blackberry,BBM not working...shit......

I think simplemobile gives SIM card. Try them. There are lots that I can't say now but most are plans.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by freeR1: 1:37am On Aug 08, 2012
I am now 7days old in yankee, its been aii so far tho na 8:40 person dey break fast, God dey sha. To all going for interview, all the best....Toast to Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by freeR1: 1:41am On Aug 08, 2012
walex57:

I brought in dry fish and all others u said above except ,maggi cus they have here. If you are asked at POE just say u dont av any vege nor meat + dem dog sniff/smell my bag and nothing, so no wahala @ all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 7:31am On Aug 08, 2012
Hello 9ra Landers....I am kinda new here and I have a question bordering me. I applied for information tech. At a University in Boston MA. (under graduate) I have my I20 and I have paid all necessary fees, sevis and visa fee and everything. In June I tried scheduling an appointment but couldn't get any earlier date than September 27. But the hitch is that my school is resuming September 2nd according to my I 20. I have tried emergency appointment but it's no longer on their site. My question is, will the date affect me in anyway as regards to getting my visa. Will there be a problem if i go for that interview on 22nd September when the school I'm going too has already resumed on the 2nd of September . Pls I will appreciate your replies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yomifola(m): 7:42am On Aug 08, 2012
Anthonymighty: Hello 9ra Landers....I am kinda new here and I have a question bordering me. I applied for information tech. At a University in Boston MA. (under graduate) I have my I20 and I have paid all necessary fees, sevis and visa fee and everything. In June I tried scheduling an appointment but couldn't get any earlier date than September 27. But the hitch is that my school is resuming September 2nd according to my I 20. I have tried emergency appointment but it's no longer on their site. My question is, will the date affect me in anyway as regards to getting my visa. Will there be a problem if i go for that interview on 22nd September when the school I'm going too has already resumed on the 2nd of September . Pls I will appreciate your replies.

broz, jst tak an adv 4rm a broda. Jst defer ur admisn 2 spring cuz d V.O will surely ask y u wana go 2 sch wen der v resume since. Datz my own KOBO... Abi,house shey i no talk am well??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2012
yomi fola:

broz, jst tak an adv 4rm a broda. Jst defer ur admisn 2 spring cuz d V.O will surely ask y u wana go 2 sch wen der v resume since. Datz my own KOBO... Abi,house shey i no talk am well??

Thanks yomifola but the thing there is that I have a friend who is already in the USA and applied for the same school and had same problem with me, he went for the interview late after the school had resume and he still got his visa. I'm really confused now because I use to see " emergency appointment" on the embassy site but then I was waiting for my sevis receipt because you need to show some documents when applying for emergency appointment, but I was surprised after I got the receipt and other docs. To attach with my letter, i went to the website and I didn't see that link there again. Does that mean they have stopped giving emergency appointments ? What I need now is to book an emergency appointment ....pls Help cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 8:40am On Aug 08, 2012
imperiouxx:

Yea, next year by the grace of God.

We go talk, sleep and wake up still in the air for about 22hrs.
yeeepa...22 watt shocked...no wahala as long as we dey chat...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 8:49am On Aug 08, 2012
Hello again guys.....please does anyone know how the EMMEGENCY APPOINTMENT goes now. I just can't find it any more on the site where I used to see it before. Does it mean there is no more EMMEGENCY appointment again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 8:50am On Aug 08, 2012
Hello again guys.....please does anyone know how the emergency APPOINTMENT goes now. I just can't find it any more on the site where I used to see it before. Does it mean there is no more emergency appointment again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 9:08am On Aug 08, 2012
kelly4top: PLEASE REPLY HI ALL, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO BOOK APPOINTMENT FOR MY MOTHER WHO WANTS TO TRAVEL FOR VISIT TO USA BY AUGUST BUT ONLY DECEMBER DATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR ABUJA SO I BOOKED OCTOBER FOR LAGOS EMBASSY. PLEASE HOW DO I GET AN EARLIER DATE FOR HER COS AM SCARED OF CANCELLING THE OCTOBER DATE COS I MIGHT NOT GET BETTER DATE AGAIN. OR DO YOU ADVISE ME TO RISK CANCELLING IT? I OPTED IN FOR THE SYSTEM AUTOMATIC EARLIER DATE BUT OVER 1 WEEK NOW NO IMPROVEMENT.

Hi kelly4tops please I really need to know if you got a solution to your problem about finding an earlier date for your mom because I'm having the same problem, I need to be in the USA on or before September 2nd and the appointment date I have is 27th. Please what do I do .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jidebobo: 11:36am On Aug 08, 2012
House pls help me out. A friend of mine paid Visa fee on 29th of July to GTB in other to book appointment in USA embassy against 15th of Aug. Yesterday she got know that the receipt given to her does not work to book for an appointment. Pls what can I do also, whose fault. How can we go about this issue?.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 11:48am On Aug 08, 2012
why is no body answering any of my questions and does anyone know a guy named FASTLINK?? if yes, can you tell me a little about him. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by AnythinCanHapen: 11:57am On Aug 08, 2012
Anthonymighty: why is no body answering any of my questions and does anyone know a guy named FASTLINK?? if yes, can you tell me a little about him. Cheers

call 09460174 and follow the voice prompt.that's the phone number to the customer care of the us consulate.
make sure you have your passport number b4 u initiate the call.
They should be able to help you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2012
jidebobo: House pls help me out. A friend of mine paid Visa fee on 29th of July to GTB in other to book appointment in USA embassy against 15th of Aug. Yesterday she got know that the receipt given to her does not work to book for an appointment. Pls what can I do also, whose fault. How can we go about this issue?.
Thanks
Tell her to GO, RUN,FLY, DISAPPEAR, anyhow to GTB as soon as possible infact dey go now now as i dey write dis reply and go and lodge a complaint about the MRV receipt given to her...cos her getting a date against 15th of aug may be slim except via emergency request...cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2012
Bro the number is not connecting...What exactly are they gonna tell me when i call. Will they give me an earlier date just like that??

AnythinCanHapen:

call 09460174 and follow the voice prompt.that's the phone number to the customer care of the us consulate.
make sure you have your passport number b4 u initiate the call.
They should be able to help you.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hello 9ra Landers....I am kinda new here and I have a question bordering me. I applied for information tech. At a University in Boston MA. (under graduate) I have my I20 and I have paid all necessary fees, sevis and visa fee and everything. In June I tried scheduling an appointment but couldn't get any earlier date than September 27. But the hitch is that my school is resuming September 2nd according to my I 20. I have tried emergency appointment but it's no longer on their site. My question is, will the date affect me in anyway as regards to getting my visa. Will there be a problem if i go for that interview on 22nd September when the school I'm going too has already resumed on the 2nd of September . Pls I will appreciate your replies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:39pm On Aug 08, 2012
Anthonymighty: .

Thanks yomifola but the thing there is that I have a friend who is already in the USA and applied for the same school and had same problem with me, he went for the interview late after the school had resume and he still got his visa. I'm really confused now because I use to see " emergency appointment" on the embassy site but then I was waiting for my sevis receipt because you need to show some documents when applying for emergency appointment, but I was surprised after I got the receipt and other docs. To attach with my letter, i went to the website and I didn't see that link there again. Does that mean they have stopped giving emergency appointments ? What I need now is to book an emergency appointment ....pls Help cry

Your friend isn't the first person I've heard of that got visa after school resumption date in fact making him the 5th person on my count, it's possible very well. I will love you to search for emergency date if will grant it and you got a good date but if not, defer is the better. Going to embassy after resumption is possible very well but not always certain. Chill bro, Oct/Nov is around the corner.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 12:44pm On Aug 08, 2012
I have tried the emergency appointment once but got rejected. So the link for emergency appointment on my profile just disappeared automatically. So right now i dont think i can go with the option of emergency or is it possible to schedule an emergency twice? if yes, how?. Moreover i contacted this guy named FAST-LINK and he offered to help me but he is charging me. Is this Normal?

imperiouxx:

Your friend isn't the first person I've heard of that got visa after school resumption date infact making him the 5th person on my count, it's possible very well. I will love you to search for emergency date if it will be possible but if not, defer is the better. Going to embassy after resumption is possible very well but not always certain. Chill bro, Oct/Nov is around the corner.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
Anthonymighty: I have tried the emergency appointment once but got rejected. So the link for emergency appointment on my profile just disappeared automatically. So right now i dont think i can go with the option of emergency or is it possible to schedule an emergency twice? if yes, how?. Moreover i contacted this guy named FAST-LINK and he offered to help me but he is charging me. Is this Normal?

Fast-link is doing his business and that depend on if you are ok by it. If not, I can see Oct/Nov clearly over the fence.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by king14: 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2012
God is faithful. My visa was approved today in lagos by the last VO(counter 7 i guess) details coming shortly. Thanks guyz.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
king1_00: God is faithful. My visa was approved today in lagos by the last VO(counter 7 i guess) details coming shortly. Thanks guyz.

good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2012
Wow! thats good. Please share your experience. Cheers

king1_00: God is faithful. My visa was approved today in lagos by the last VO(counter 7 i guess) details coming shortly. Thanks guyz.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 1:16pm On Aug 08, 2012
How do you mean. When you say OCT/NOV. You mean for another semester? SPRING?? kindly explain maybe i'll go for it

imperiouxx:

Fast-link is doing his business and that depend on if you are ok by it. If not, I can see Oct/Nov clearly over the fence.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by AnythinCanHapen: 1:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
Anthonymighty: Bro the number is not connecting...What exactly are they gonna tell me when i call. Will they give me an earlier date just like that??

sorry,094601748. i forgot the last digit(cool.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2012
Anthonymighty: How do you mean. When you say OCT/NOV. You mean for another semester? SPRING?? kindly explain maybe i'll go for it

Yea, in all odds, you defer to spring and go for your interview in Oct/Nov.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Baiyewu: 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2012
Praise God my nairaland friend was given visa. He was there for me when i was denied. @ imperi baba Pls i heard the power rating in us is 110 V pls will it affect my laptop and clipper if i decide to bring it along. Thanks and appreciates
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2012
I just called them now and the lady was so helpful, I will try what she told me and imma let you know what happens next. Thanks so much mate.

AnythinCanHapen:
sorry,094601748. i forgot the last digit(cool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.