Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,504 members, 7,898,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:15 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (919859 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (439) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Joe980: 6:51am On Aug 30, 2013
Hi all, how much does it cost to replace honda crv 2004 kick - starter?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:03am On Aug 31, 2013
PLEASE BEWARE OF FAKE HONDA ATF..
This the pix of Genuine Honda ATF-DW1.
GENUINE

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:08am On Aug 31, 2013
This the pix of fake China cloned ATF-Z1 which has been fazed out and replaced.
Observe the replication of can & labels but the inscription changed from DW-1 to Z1.
FAKE

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by aluta2: 11:46am On Aug 31, 2013
Pls @ op pls whc engine oil is best for CRV 2000 model and the ATF to be used. And I can I get am based @ akure
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
aluta2: Pls @ op pls whc engine oil is best for CRV 2000 model and the ATF to be used. And I can I get am based @ akure
Synthetic 5W-20 for engine oil and DW1 for ATF

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 8:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
You be mugu na u first get cross tour? I no even sure if you get am
Billyonaire: Honda is for starters.....Apart from Cross Tour, I dont see any Honda worth driving...

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Joe980: 10:14am On Sep 11, 2013
Good day all... what could be responsible for a crv honda 2004 showing gear (2) on the dashboard and the (D) keeps blinking. Note: Gear is on D.
Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
Joe980: Good day all... what could be responsible for a crv honda 2004 showing gear (2) on the dashboard and the (D) keeps blinking. Note: Gear is on D.
Thanks.

The problem of the 2 showing instead of D could be the selector cable. Move the selector up and down (towards N and towards 3) to see at what point D shows. It may need adjustment or replacement.

For D flashing could be a dirty gear sensor (pressure control selonoid) or its faulty. It could be bad gear oil.

Look through this https://www.nairaland.com/312061/help.my-honda-crv-drive-d
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Joe980: 10:46am On Sep 12, 2013
^^^Thanks bruv.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by okeyz(m): 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
good day guys , I have a Honda pilot 2004 model, I notice any time I am on speed if I brake a little bit , I will start noticing vibrations in the front wheels, its so bad especially when I am on a smooth road, please what is the cause of this and how can it be remedied thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
okeyz: good day guys , I have a Honda pilot 2004 model, I notice any time I am on speed if I brake a little bit , I will start noticing vibrations in the front wheels, its so bad especially when I am on a smooth road, please what is the cause of this and how can it be remedied thanks

Brake discs!
My car is also having same problem.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
okeyz: good day guys , I have a Honda pilot 2004 model, I notice any time I am on speed if I brake a little bit , I will start noticing vibrations in the front wheels, its so bad especially when I am on a smooth road, please what is the cause of this and how can it be remedied thanks

check your brake disc and pads
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by chelseabmw(m): 8:31pm On Sep 12, 2013

Brake Disc and Brake Pad....................I just changed mine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by okeyz(m): 8:25am On Sep 13, 2013
Thanks to you all jare , one stupid road side mechanic is telling me to buy new tyres ! na wa o! shocked
thanks once again
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 13, 2013
okeyz: Thanks to you all jare , one stupid road side mechanic is telling me to buy new tyres ! na wa o! shocked
thanks once again

Bro, I was told the same too and I bought four new tyres which didn't change anything
I recently did some findings on a Honda Forum and realized it was my brake disc
I even jacked up the car and rolled the tyre while the gear is on park and it rolled freely!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by JaaizTech: 9:19am On Sep 14, 2013
tee2faith: Users of Honda Accord and all, please help o.
I got this Honda Accord 2003 EX in February. I changed the engine oil and filter on April 20.
On June 10, I realized that the oil is short and below the minimum gauge, I decide to change the engine oil and filter again but this time, I opted for Mobil 1 after trying endlessly to get 5W-20, I didn't really use the car other than going to and fro the office. I checked the oil last week after a journey from Abuja to Akure and realize that the oil was below the minimum gauge( I didn't actually check it before I embarked on the journey, I don't know if its the Mobil 1 engine oil that is not compatible with the car.
I want to go and service the car again, please advise me on the engine oil to use and I won't mind if anyone can also direct me to a good auto-mechanic in Abuja.
Also does anyone know why these 2 lights should be on: Malfunction Indicator Lamp and the ABS light, I think it has been like that since I got the car.
Please help me before another of this Abuja trial and error road side guys fry my pocket o.
This is a sign that you either have leaky oil seals or leaky something; it could also be that your engine is a bit worn for a light oil. Is the Engine smoking Try using a total 20W 50, I guess it is a leaky seal, look under your car to check for signs of oil splash.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by JaaizTech: 9:23am On Sep 14, 2013
hen6kay: House, Pls where can i get genuine front Brake Pads for my Honda Accord 2005 model? the one i changed recently always make whitsle sound when retarding. thanks

Try this guys: Autoselect: http://www.autoselectcorp.com/replacementparts.html
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Joe980: 1:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
Could you tell me what is responsible for the leaky oil seals and how much would fix that. Thanks
JaaizTech:
This is a sign that you either have leaky oil seals or leaky something; it could also be that your engine is a bit worn for a light oil. Is the Engine smoking Try using a total 20W 50, I guess it is a leaky seal, look under your car to check for signs of oil splash.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 18wheeler: 12:05pm On Sep 18, 2013
Is there any place in Kaduna where i can get the original honda DW1 ATF? I need to do an oil change urgently. My car is a Honda 1999 accord and the DW1 is the recommended type of oil.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 9:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
My Gear does not select D3, D2 or 1....... Just D4, Reverse, Neutral and Parking........ Does this meaning my fear is faulty and need a replacement?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
turok: My Gear does not select D3, D2 or 1....... Just D4, Reverse, Neutral and Parking........ Does this meaning my fear is faulty and need a replacement?
Get a good auto re-wire that will scan and find out the switches that are bad in your gear.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
@LuvinHubby: How much do you sell Accord 2004 fuse box (complete) and Brake disks?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:30am On Oct 01, 2013
9jacrip: @LuvinHubby: How much do you sell Accord 2004 fuse box (complete) and Brake disks?
The fuse box is N15,000 and the brake disc is N6,000.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by NONYDON: 10:13am On Oct 01, 2013
please I want to ask if anyone knows about 05 Acura mdx
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by idojo1: 11:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
Please, exactly how many liters (or quarts) of ATF would I need if I want to do a complete ATF change for a 2005 Honda Accord 2.4L Engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by PresidentT(m): 12:48am On Oct 02, 2013
Hello all!
I seek ur opinion. My 2005 V6 Honda Accord jerk if I switch the gear to R. And the D blinks. My mechanic advice I change the gear and engine mount and also the gear oil. He opined I use Total ATF as the Honda DW1 is not available here (Minna).
I seek ur take on this. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Marpol: 5:55am On Oct 02, 2013
PresidentT: Hello all!
I seek ur opinion. My 2005 V6 Honda Accord jerk if I switch the gear to R. And the D blinks. My mechanic advice I change the gear and engine mount and also the gear oil. He opined I use Total ATF as the Honda DW1 is not available here (Minna).

Hope you have kept money aside for a new gear? If its not DW1 then be prepared to buy a completer gear.
Contact luvinhubby he can help ship the stuff to Minna for you or check in Abuja you will see it to buy.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by grimadult(m): 12:07am On Oct 03, 2013
PresidentT: Hello all!
president t,i stay in minna,did ur mechanic run a scan on d car?if nt u can contact me to do it for you. 07063601614.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2013
i-dojo:
Please, exactly how many liters (or quarts) of ATF would I need if I want to do a complete ATF change for a 2005 Honda Accord 2.4L Engine
For a change, 4 liters, but get 5 to be on the safe side.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by IRAPADA(m): 10:03pm On Oct 03, 2013
Please guy I need ur help, my Honda accord Adidas jack and make a shooting sound at silencer when I try to accelerate, when I took it to me mechanic he clean the nozzle and also check the fuel pump still the problem is not solve, he check the valve power by removing each of plug(a long black pipe that contain the plug) when while the engine is still on, he said only 1 plug is getting enough power that he would ve to ground the valve(I forgot d name). I need ur advice before the mecho damage my car. The car is auto transmission and is UK Honda I just bought it fairly used. My first car
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by idojo1: 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
Thanks a lot bros. God bless.

luvinhubby:
For a change, 4 liters, but get 5 to be on the safe side.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:33pm On Oct 04, 2013
IRAPADA: Please guy I need ur help, my Honda accord Adidas jack and make a shooting sound at silencer when I try to accelerate, when I took it to me mechanic he clean the nozzle and also check the fuel pump still the problem is not solve, he check the valve power by removing each of plug(a long black pipe that contain the plug) when while the engine is still on, he said only 1 plug is getting enough power that he would ve to ground the valve(I forgot d name). I need ur advice before the mecho damage my car. The car is auto transmission and is UK Honda I just bought it fairly used. My first car

You better get a good Honda mechanic for yourself before that guy destroys your engine. If the engine shoots, either the plugs are soaked or are dead. Also check your injector mouth sensor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (439) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.