Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,503 members, 7,898,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:14 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (919858 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (439) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 1:01am On Nov 10, 2013
turok: My car delay in changing gear (auto)...

Service your gearbox soon as you can. Be sure to use genuine Honda OEM ATF though.

Cheers
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 1:09am On Nov 10, 2013
Now, unto my own issue smiley

Please my people, where in lag can I get replacement toks rear speakers for my '05 accord?.. I need to replace my 'burst' rear speakers as soon as possible.

Note I said TOKUNBO. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by KUNZEEL01: 8:46am On Nov 10, 2013
Do anyone know where i can change 2006 Honda Pilot's side air bag and like hw much will it cost?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by keni: 10:37am On Nov 12, 2013
nas 00:

Nice suggestions in the house already. However, the problem might be one or two of your engine mounts (commonly referred to as engine seats) are torn. Have a reliable mechanic check your engine mounts first of all.
Good luck.

Yes ooo Nas the front engine seat is torn my mechanic pointed that to me few months back
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by keni: 10:51am On Nov 12, 2013
luvinhubby:
Check and change your Tie-rod ends, Upper arm or Ball joints.

Thanks oga I came to your shop on saturday to repair my wife's honda halla, your boy attended to me but the mechanic was not been able to effectively work on the the fuel indicator on the dash board it is still malfunctioning, please can you recommend a good rewire or mechanic that can resolve the problem? The indicator can sometime point to empty even if the tank is full
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by richie72: 2:55am On Nov 13, 2013
@dgitrader: If you can't get a download, maybe you could check this out:

http://cootersautomanuals.com/catalog/honda-c-36.html

I see that they have a couple of 2004 Honda Accord manuals listed. I bought a manual from them about a year ago and they were pretty good at getting me what I needed, and I had the manual within about 3 days after I ordered it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 12:32am On Nov 14, 2013
What could possibly make my car engine switch off frequently when the fuel guage sets to certain level? I have bought new fuel pump still it won't stop.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Geeluat(m): 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
Earlier today, I started my 2008 Honda Accord and all of a sudden the Navigation and the Audio system went off and till now it has refuse to come on.. I realize one and it's that each time i switch the ignition to I, I hear click sounds somewhere but I can't place it.. Any Idea what might be wrong and the probable solution to this?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 7:51am On Nov 18, 2013
Geeluat: Earlier today, I started my 2008 Honda Accord and all of a sudden the Navigation and the Audio system went off and till now it has refuse to come on.. I realize one and it's that each time i switch the ignition to I, I hear click sounds somewhere but I can't place it.. Any Idea what might be wrong and the probable solution to this?

Very likely a blown fuse. Check ur fuses one by one, if you cannoot locate the one for the sound console directly using the mapping underneath the fusebox cover..

Replace any burnt fuse with another of equal rating. That should be all.

Cheers.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by keni: 1:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
keni:

Thanks oga I came to your shop on saturday to repair my wife's honda halla, your boy attended to me but the mechanic was not been able to effectively work on the the fuel indicator on the dash board it is still malfunctioning, please can you recommend a good rewire or mechanic that can resolve the problem? The indicator can sometime point to empty even if the tank is full

Bump any body?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by klipse: 6:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
Hello guys. I drive a 2008 accord evil spirit. Recently it i noticed that it swerves randomly when i go over uneven roads or dips like asphalt folds. I had the ball joints and tie rods changed but it still feels loose and harder to control at speeds above 80km/hr. Someone said it is "steer bump" problem. The car runs very beautifully on smooth roads and on gallops i dnt hear any noises like bad suspensions etc. But it keeps swerving randomly on braking too.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
keni:

Bump any body?
Though was not able to personally attend to you, but fuel gauge or indicators are not repaired but replaced.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2013
klipse: Hello guys. I drive a 2008 accord evil spirit. Recently it i noticed that it swerves randomly when i go over uneven roads or dips like asphalt folds. I had the ball joints and tie rods changed but it still feels loose and harder to control at speeds above 80km/hr. Someone said it is "steer bump" problem. The car runs very beautifully on smooth roads and on gallops i dnt hear any noises like bad suspensions etc. But it keeps swerving randomly on braking too.
Let a good mechanic take a look at your upper arms, the bushings on your lower arms, tie-rod sockets and end alongside your ball joints.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by keni: 9:15am On Nov 19, 2013
luvinhubby:
Though was not able to personally attend to you, but fuel gauge or indicators are not repaired but replaced.
Yes but they couldnt get the one with small socket in the market so I had to leave with the car like that
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Sunkaeme: 6:02am On Nov 20, 2013
Good day all,
Please I need you informed advice.
I drive Honda Accord 2003 4-cyclinder. A panel beater worked on the exhaust to fix d net & the leaking part as they told me but after that my check engine light came on. When I scanned it I got this code P0135. What could be the issue and how do I go about resolving it?
Thanks as I await your responses.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dandollar1: 9:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
Please where can I get this electrical connector( with wires) that is plugged to the trottle position sensor? Luvinhubby,can I get it from you? How much.

Thanx

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
luvinhubby

i have tried to call you but not picking,

can i get complete front suspension parts for Honda accord (bullet)1995.
i mean.

tie rod,bolt joints,inner cup,upper arm .etc..everything about front tyres.please original OEM .with price
thanks.
please treat as urgent.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Marpol: 3:49pm On Nov 21, 2013
Sunkaeme: Good day all,
Please I need you informed advice.
I drive Honda Accord 2003 4-cyclinder. A panel beater worked on the exhaust to fix d net & the leaking part as they told me but after that my check engine light came on. When I scanned it I got this code P0135. What could be the issue and how do I go about resolving it?
Thanks as I await your responses.

P0135 OBD-II Trouble Code
Technical Description Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 1)
What does that mean?
This code refers to the front oxygen sensor on Bank 1. The heated circuit in the oxygen sensor decreases time needed to enter closed loop.
As the O2 heater reaches operating temperature, the oxygen sensor responds by switching according to oxygen content of the exhaust surrounding it. The ECM tracks how long it takes for the oxygen sensor to begin switching. It the ECM determines (based on coolant temp) that too much time elapsed before the oxygen sensor began operating properly, it will set P0135.

Symptoms You will likely notice poor fuel economy the illumination of the MIL. Causes A code P0135 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: O2 Heater element resistance is high Internal short or open in the heater element O2 heater circuit wiring high resistance open or short to ground in the wiring harness Possible Solutions Repair short or open or high resistance in wiring harness or harness connectors Replace oxygen sensor (cannot repair open or short that occurs internally to sensor)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by keni: 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2013
The experience am getting from the mechanics in this oyingbo Honda spare part market is not funny at all I never knew repairing Honda could be this difficult

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
keni: The experience am getting from the mechanics in this oyingbo Honda spare part market is not funny at all I never knew repairing Honda could be this difficult
Parts of older Honda models like 1988 -1992 (Halla) is becoming scarce and expensive in the market, that`s the cause of your difficulty.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dandollar1: 9:25am On Nov 23, 2013
dan_dollar: Please where can I get this electrical connector( with wires) that is plugged to the trottle position sensor? Luvinhubby,can I get it from you? How much.

Thanx
luvinhubby, please reply nau cry
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Sunkaeme: 10:24am On Nov 24, 2013
@Marpol, please do you have contact of any good auto-electrician that can resolve this issue(P0135) for me? I stay in Lagos(Ikeja axis).
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by idojo1: 4:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
SOS! 2005 Honda Accord Goes OFF and ON while driving with P0685 Error Code!

Hello House...
I drive a 2005 Honda Accord (4Cyl Ex). On my way from Abuja to Asaba today, just a little past Abaji, I noticed my radio went off for a fleeting moment and then come back on; and from the corner of my eyes I also noticed the dashboard gauges drop quickly and then come back up. It was as if the car shut down for a split second and then come back ON.

Initially, I taught I was just being over cautious but then it happens again around Lokoja. It happened a total of 8-10 times between Lokoja and Uromi (about 2 hour interval).

On the road from Uromi to Agbor, it happened again but this time it went off for a bit longer causing the car to jerk when it came back ON. Approaching Agbor, the "stop and start" became more frequent and finally at Agbor, it stopped again for a longer period and when it came back ON, the CHECK ENGINE sadcry light stayed permanently ON.

I cautiously managed the car to Asaba (with 4-5 more "incident" along the way, nothing severe tho) and checked the error code with my diagnostic kit. I go the Error Code: P0685 (Description: ECM/PCM Power Relay Control Circuit/Open).

I cleared the code and re-started the car without the code returning. However, I observed when I turn the key to II (without cranking the engine), both the Park and Drive Lights on the gear selector indicator (on the dashboard) stays on for a few seconds, and the Fuel/Temperature gauges only rise after the lights go out!

I haven't driven the car since I got back...first thing I did since then is post this! Please can anyone clarify this issue for me and how to resolve. This car is as precious to me as a child at old age. Any assistance would be greatly greatly appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:18pm On Nov 24, 2013
dan_dollar: luvinhubby, please reply nau cry
What are you looking for, the sensor or the socket attached to the sensor?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
i-dojo:
SOS! 2005 Honda Accord Goes OFF and ON while driving with P0685 Error Code!

Hello House...
I drive a 2005 Honda Accord (4Cyl Ex). On my way from Abuja to Asaba today, just a little past Abaji, I noticed my radio went off for a fleeting moment and then come back on; and from the corner of my eyes I also noticed the dashboard gauges drop quickly and then come back up. It was as if the car shut down for a split second and then come back ON.

Initially, I taught I was just being over cautious but then it happens again around Lokoja. It happened a total of 8-10 times between Lokoja and Uromi (about 2 hour interval).

On the road from Uromi to Agbor, it happened again but this time it went off for a bit longer causing the car to jerk when it came back ON. Approaching Agbor, the "stop and start" became more frequent and finally at Agbor, it stopped again for a longer period and when it came back ON, the CHECK ENGINE sadcry light stayed permanently ON.

I cautiously managed the car to Asaba (with 4-5 more "incident" along the way, nothing severe tho) and checked the error code with my diagnostic kit. I go the Error Code: P0685 (Description: ECM/PCM Power Relay Control Circuit/Open).

I cleared the code and re-started the car without the code returning. However, I observed when I turn the key to II (without cranking the engine), both the Park and Drive Lights on the gear selector indicator (on the dashboard) stays on for a few seconds, and the Fuel/Temperature gauges only rise after the lights go out!

I haven't driven the car since I got back...first thing I did since then is post this! Please can anyone clarify this issue for me and how to resolve. This car is as precious to me as a child at old age. Any assistance would be greatly greatly appreciated.
Get somebody to look at your fuse-box.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dandollar1: 11:51pm On Nov 24, 2013
luvinhubby:
What are you looking for, the sensor or the socket attached to the sensor?
the socket attached to the sensor
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kaykad: 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
PLS HOW DO U KNOW IF YOUR HONDA ACCORD BABY BOY AUTO TRANMISISON IS ABOUT TO GIV me PROBLEM. JUST BOUGHT accord 99 model RESENTLY AND THE D4 LIGHT IS NO MORE SHOWING after D mechanic top the oil WITH ABRO OIL and now the D4 light is not showing again>>PLS WAT DO U DO NEXT.PLS I NEED YOUR HELP VERY URGENT.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
kaykad: PLS HOW DO U KNOW IF YOUR HONDA ACCORD BABY BOY AUTO TRANMISISON IS ABOUT TO GIV me PROBLEM. JUST BOUGHT accord 99 model RESENTLY AND THE D4 LIGHT IS NO MORE SHOWING after D mechanic top the oil WITH ABRO OIL and now the D4 light is not showing again>>PLS WAT DO U DO NEXT.PLS I NEED YOUR HELP VERY URGENT.

My best advice is to quickly remove the entire gear oil. That Abro oil is particularly not good for honda.

Replace with Total or Oando ATF and dont change gear oil frequently. 3litres will do. Oando comes in 1litre bottle while total in 0.5litre bottles. These oils are what i have used with no problem.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kaykad: 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
DONE THAT SIR, PLEASE WILL THE LIGHT COME BACK ON OR WHAT CAN I DO TO BRING THE LIGHT ON
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2013
kaykad: DONE THAT SIR, PLEASE WILL THE LIGHT COME BACK ON OR WHAT CAN I DO TO BRING THE LIGHT ON

In my experience, there are only two reasons the D4 light will not show.
1.The illuminating bulb of D4 is dead but is highly unlikely as it hardly happens unless it has been tampered with.
2. The gear selector cable is faulty and may have selected the gear in the gear box but has not triggered the D4 light to show. I have experienced this. When mine happened, i had to move the selector just a little out of its D4 position before it will illuminate.

Slowly move the selector from P through D4 to D1 and see if at any point the D4 illuminates. As long as the gear engages, move and changes all gears fine then your gear may not necessarily be failing.

Note that even after your gear box has failed, all the lights will show but the car will not move.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
My gear does not go beyond gear3 and I notice the drive light sign (D) starts blinking after few kilometres. Pls any help?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
big deal 007: My gear does not go beyond gear3 and I notice the drive light sign (D) starts blinking after few kilometres. Pls any help?

You have to press the safety button on the shifter to go beyond 3 to 2 and 1

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (439) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.