Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,274 members, 7,964,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 10:03 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (941221 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (444) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lordkenny(m): 12:41pm On Jul 22
Hello Honda Experts in the house,

Please help my 2011 Honda CRV transmission oil is leaking, I had once repaired this same problem in less than 6 months. What can be the casue of this recurrent leakage. These days, the leakage is so much that I have to put a pan under the car.

Also, my transmission now make noise on lower gear and vibrates whenever I am climbing hilly road.

Please help, what can I do?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Hybrid600: 1:24pm On Jul 22
I'll advise you stop driving the car. Have the seals checked if they're weak...

lordkenny:
Hello Honda Experts in the house,

Please help my 2011 Honda CRV transmission oil is leaking, I had once repaired this same problem in less than 6 months. What can be the casue of this recurrent leakage. These days, the leakage is so much that I have to put a pan under the car.

Also, my transmission now make noise on lower gear and vibrates whenever I am climbing hilly road.

Please help, what can I do?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Niyijac: 4:28pm On Jul 22
I was driving out of my residence and all of a sudden, the car started jerking and would not accelerate.
Parked it in a safe place, scanned it and the code P1659 came out. I located the faulty relay and replaced it with 500 Naira.

Most of the people around were already talking plenty... engine mount, this and that.
If you can afford to buy a car, try and get a diagnostic device.

I am using Konnwei KW808. Although its not able to scan the transmission and many modules are missing (O2 monitoring etc.), it still does the basic.
If there is a recommendation on a better one, will take it

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fineboynl(m): 7:51pm On Jul 22
kelvinmnet:

Awesome improvement.
For the vibration at first acceleration, you need to check the thyroid for clearance.
Also, for the vibration at hard braking, check the brake disc.

Another trick, let your mech sandpaper the brake disc surface and the surface where u have the studs.

Try this and let's know if it resolves the issue.
bro. Today I tried to check the shaft bearing. While disassembling it one of the ball joint rod turns with nut. And we had to remove the full hub To get this the shaft. The bearings are ok. We just added more grease.

Then the wheel hub we service with more grease and change the seal.

The car still vibrates. I'm already tired.

What do you think of the ball joints rod that turn with the nut? Doesn't that mean it's already damaged?

Can the back leg cause vibration?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ksmart027(m): 8:17pm On Jul 22
fineboynl:
bro. Today I tried to check the shaft bearing. While disassembling it one of the ball joint rod turns with nut. And we had to remove the full hub To get this the shaft. The bearings are ok. We just added more grease.

Then the wheel hub we service with more grease and change the seal.

The car still vibrates. I'm already tired.

What do you think of the ball joints rod that turn with the nut? Doesn't that mean it's already damaged?

Can the back leg cause vibration?
Have you done wheel balancing?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fineboynl(m): 8:32pm On Jul 22
ksmart027:

Have you done wheel balancing?
I went to computer. They said it's ok. I also went to where they use mirror. They also sekd it's ok. What do you think of that ball joint. Should I change it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nomerci: 11:21pm On Jul 22
If thwre is massive freeplay in the steering,na ball joints.
fineboynl:
I went to computer. They said it's ok. I also went to where they use mirror. They also sekd it's ok. What do you think of that ball joint. Should I change it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 6:00am On Jul 23
fineboynl:
The ball joint turning with the wheel is an indicator that it has not tightened well enough.
Add pressure to the back of the ball joint then tighten it properly.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fineboynl(m): 6:11am On Jul 23
jceesquare:

The ball joint turning with the wheel is an indicator that it has not tightened well enough.
Add pressure to the back of the ball joint then tighten it properly.
the ball joint rod is turning inside the ball joint not from the body. I have never seen such kind of thing before.

Tomorrow I will be removing it. It's the reason the car make clunky noise from the tire when it enters gallop.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 6:14am On Jul 23
fineboynl:
the ball joint rod is turning inside the ball joint not from the body. I have never seen such kind of thing before.

Tomorrow I will be removing it. It's the reason the car make clunky noise from the tire when it enters gallop.
I understand what you're saying.
Add clamping force behind the ball joint then tighten it well. It will make the stud not turn while torquing the nut.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Starboytwo(m): 6:55am On Jul 23
Good morning guys.

From inception, my fuel Guage don't work until I have a half tank or I buy fuel of about 30k the it will work, then go down again.

I use like that, but I'm not comfortable driving without knowing what level of fuel I got.

Then my EOD 2004 stopped on the road and Meka said change fuel pump.

Now my question. I've asked and they said 25k for the total package. Will the fuel Guage work if I change the whole set up.??

Mind you, another rewire told me it could be the wiring... I don't want to spend 25k this morning and fuel Guage not reading ooo.

Will it work perfect rly if I change the whole set up, or change only fuel pump and manage my thing like that.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Chae: 9:07am On Jul 23
Comrade I'm planning to get honda evil spirit for uber hustle, what r d do and don't of d car? Is it rugged for d hustle?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 9:37am On Jul 23
Starboytwo:
Good morning guys.

From inception, my fuel Guage don't work until I have a half tank or I buy fuel of about 30k the it will work, then go down again.

I use like that, but I'm not comfortable driving without knowing what level of fuel I got.

Now my question. I've asked and they said 25k for the total package. Will the fuel Guage work if I change the whole set up.??

Mind you, another rewire told me it could be the wiring... I don't want to spend 25k this morning and fuel Guage not reading ooo.

Will it work perfect rly if I change the whole set up, or change only fuel pump and manage my thing like that.

I will suggest you change the complete fuel pump with the gauge. Better still, go to ladipo or Oyingbo, let them fix the complete fuel pump and observe the gauge if it works. If it doesn't work, then u can decide either to buy or not. Last I checked, complete fuel pump is around 40k with the gauge.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 9:38am On Jul 23
Chae:
Comrade I'm planning to get honda evil spirit for uber hustle, what r d do and don't of d car? Is it rugged for d hustle?

For me, not a good idea. I will recommend the Honda Civic for this.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 9:39am On Jul 23
jceesquare:

Add clamping force behind the ball joint then tighten it well. It will make the stud not turn while torquing the nut.

Exactly 💯
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 9:41am On Jul 23
fineboynl:

Follow through on the advise from Jceesquare or better still, buy a new ball joint.
But this issue you are experiencing is usually with the upper arm ball joint.
Is yours happening on the lower arm?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Chae: 9:49am On Jul 23
kelvinmnet:

Although I tot of upragrade cos am using civic presently and I need car that has a big trunk for personal uses aside from uber
For me, not a good idea. I will recommend the Honda Civic for this.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ksmart027(m): 10:30am On Jul 23
fineboynl:
I don't think the ball joints have nothing to do with your vibration, but if it's bad, you can change it. What about your tie rod and inner cv joint?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Starboytwo(m): 11:30am On Jul 23
kelvinmnet:

I will suggest you change the complete fuel pump with the gauge. Better still, go to ladipo or Oyingbo, let them fix the complete fuel pump and observe the gauge if it works. If it doesn't work, then u can decide either to buy or not. Last I checked, complete fuel pump is around 40k with the gauge.
25k sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fineboynl(m): 5:31pm On Jul 23
kelvinmnet:

Follow through on the advise from Jceesquare or better still, buy a new ball joint.
But this issue you are experiencing is usually with the upper arm ball joint.
Is yours happening on the lower arm?

List of what we did today.

Change the ball joint. That chunky sound on bad road has stop.

We check the shaft cups everything ok.
We check the bearings everything ok.
Hub bearing everything ok.

The only thing that was left was the disk. Because of confusion I bought toks disk.

The problem still persist.

Someone suggested I increase the engine that the engine is low and not powering it well.

Engine rev at idle 600-650 when fully warm.

The problem is that I think gear 2 at between 2000 rmp. It vibrates and more obvious when climbing high at low speed (2000 rmp)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fineboynl(m): 5:32pm On Jul 23
ksmart027:

I don't think the ball joints have nothing to do with your vibration, but if it's bad, you can change it. What about your tie rod and inner cv joint?

The only thing that was left was the disk. Because of confusion I bought toks disk.

Someone suggested I increase the engine that the engine is low and not powering it well.

The problem is that I think gear 2 at between 2000 rmp. It vibrates and more obvious when climbing high at low speed (2000 rmp)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fineboynl(m): 5:32pm On Jul 23
jceesquare:

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Namzy(m): 10:51pm On Jul 23
fineboynl:

I hope it's the inner shaft cups that connects to the transmission that was checked? And how was this checked?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fineboynl(m): 2:14am On Jul 24
Namzy:

I hope it's the inner shaft cups that connects to the transmission that was checked? And how was this checked?
yes it was uses with finger. Alot of people check it even the part seller.

We remove all the grease.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ksmart027(m): 5:07pm On Jul 24
fineboynl:

Bro, at these point i don't understand, is it your steering wheel that is vibrating or the whole car, and I think 600-650 rpm is too low. What type of car is these?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 10:37am On Jul 25
Starboytwo:
Good morning guys.

Visually inspect the guage to see if the pin is contacting the dotted lines.
If you have a multimeter, you can as well check readings while manually adjusting the guage lever to know if there's a break any where before changing the entire unit.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 10:45am On Jul 25
fineboynl:

I'm responding to the bolded.
1st, what car are we talking about? We need to know if it's drive by wire or drive by cable.
Secondly, how do they intend increasing the engine RPM?
It would be better to use a live data to confirm the actual RPM readings. It is more accurate that way. I believe if there's an issue with your idle at close loop (when engine is fully warmed up), it should trigger a code.
Also, your engine RPM has nothing to do with your vibration while you're already in motion as the engine is already running at higher RPM and appropriate gear set by your ECU.
Remote diagnosis would be impossible at this point, but you might need to inspect the upper arms if car is equipped with a double wishbone suspension.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fineboynl(m): 11:29am On Jul 25
jceesquare:

I'm responding to the bolded.
1st, what car are we talking about? We need to know if it's drive by wire or drive by cable.
Secondly, how do they intend increasing the engine RPM?
It would be better to use a live data to confirm the actual RPM readings. It is more accurate that way. I believe if there's an issue with your idle at close loop (when engine is fully warmed up), it should trigger a code.
Also, your engine RPM has nothing to do with your vibration while you're already in motion as the engine is already running at higher RPM and appropriate gear set by your ECU.
Remote diagnosis would be impossible at this point, but you might need to inspect the upper arms if car is equipped with a double wishbone suspension.
Honda DC.

The code i have is oxygen sensor. Bank 2 sensor 1.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 12:05pm On Jul 25
fineboynl:
Honda DC.

Your Honda DC uses drive by wire throttle system. I wonder what magic they want to do to increase the RPM.
Is yours a V6?
That code won't cause the vibration, but MIGHT affect the RPM and fuel economy.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 9:14pm On Jul 25
jceesquare:

Your Honda DC uses drive by wire throttle system. I wonder what magic they want to do to increase the RPM.
Is yours a V6?
That code won't cause the vibration, but MIGHT affect the RPM and fuel economy.

Some DC use drive by cable especially those bought new in Nigeria
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 6:27am On Jul 26
nurey:

Some DC use drive by cable especially those bought new in Nigeria
True
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 5:44am On Jul 27
fineboynl:
Honda DC.

Sorry about your issue. Clearly explain what speed do you reach before you feel the vibration.

Is it the steering that vibrates or the whole car

Does the vibration stop when you take your leg off the accelerator pedal or does it vibrate when when you don't hit the pedal

Have you gone for wheel balancing and alignment

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (444) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.