Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,880 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:22 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (910308 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 10:43am On Nov 20, 2021
fizzle344:
Have driven the car for about 4days and its still like that. Am even going back to change the throttle body and see if there will be a change.

quote author=nas00 post=107790998]
Okay.
For how many days has this RPM pattern been on?

How much have you been driving the car daily since you replaced throttle body?

Okay.

I think it is an IACV problem. You might want to check it out if swapping the throttle body makes no difference.
While you are at it, trace all your vacuum lines for leaks and fix if you find any leak.

Did you scan at all? Might give useful clues

Good luck.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sandammy(m): 11:45am On Nov 20, 2021
Abeg make Una help me by recommending an expert to provide solution to these codes. Scanned with EML OBD2 Bluetooth scanner.
Kindly advice and also recommend.
@Gazzuz
@luvinhubby
@nurey
@kokomo
@nas00
@Dru23
@oluwaseunla
@Hondajosh
@Kingreign

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ciggy000(m): 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2021
Ernesttoby30:
Please who has a trust worthy honda parts dealer in ladipo? My Honda civic 07 is drinking fuel like water and i was told to change the Oxygen sensors.

Please treat as urgent
Were you able to solve the high fuel consumption
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ciggy000(m): 6:25pm On Nov 20, 2021
adubam:

Where is Mazfala plaza boss?
Sir were you able to solve the problem with your throttle body ( inject mouth)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ernesttoby30: 7:24pm On Nov 20, 2021
ciggy000:

Were you able to solve the high fuel consumption

I changed one of the O2 sensor so there's little improvement but not as it supposed to be. Do you have any solution to it?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fizzle344: 7:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
Thanks bro. Would checkout the IACV after church tomorrow. I really appreciate

Okay.

I think it is an IACV problem. You might want to check it out if swapping the throttle body makes no difference.
While you are at it, trace all your vacuum lines for leaks and fix if you find any leak.

Did you scan at all? Might give useful clues

Good luck.[/quote]
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
sandammy:
Abeg make Una help me by recommending an expert to provide solution to these codes. Scanned with EML OBD2 Bluetooth scanner.
Kindly advice and also recommend.
@Gazzuz
@luvinhubby
@nurey
@kokomo
@nas00
@Dru23
@oluwaseunla
@Hondajosh
@Kingreign

Year and model of vehicle?

What are the faults noticed?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ciggy000(m): 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2021
Ernesttoby30:

I changed one of the O2 sensor so there's little improvement but not as it supposed to be. Do you have any solution to it?
Honestly no solution I'm only contemplating changing the injector noozles as i feel they may be pouring in too much fuel in the engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Deigofortune: 12:52am On Nov 21, 2021
They Last time I experiences such I was told too service they Noodles and plug, which I did... and it work for me..

ciggy000:

Honestly no solution I'm only contemplating changing the injector noozles as i feel they may be pouring in too much fuel in the engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sandammy(m): 5:51am On Nov 21, 2021
luvinhubby:

Year and model of vehicle?

What are the faults noticed?
2007 Civic. Asian type.
Engine light with a spanner on its side is displayed on the dashboard.
ABS and hand brake light also displayed.
Then those other codes I posted from the scanner
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ernesttoby30: 8:33am On Nov 21, 2021
Please does anyone knows any reliable mechanic in mainland who can work on my Honda civic hand brake? The hand brake is not holding firmly. Car is still moving after hand brake has been engaged.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adubam(m): 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2021
ciggy000:

Sir were you able to solve the problem with your throttle body ( inject mouth)

Not me oooo!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
Ernesttoby30:
Please does anyone knows any reliable mechanic in mainland who can work on my Honda civic hand brake? The hand brake is not holding firmly. Car is still moving after hand brake has been engaged.

It's adjustable, any mechanic should be able to do that for you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ernesttoby30: 9:24pm On Nov 21, 2021
luvinhubby:

It's adjustable, any mechanic should be able to do that for you

Thanks boss. A mechanic told me he can do it, but I've just been scared so as not to temper with my gear box. Since the hand brake is closer to gear compartment, i was thinking he would have to temper with my gear box
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by demolagilbert: 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2021
If you also wanna be a satisfied Honda owner, there is a Civic on my profile to consider.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by och12(m): 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
Please where can I get this light from Besto?

I've seen it in most luxury cars, it's extremely bright, e bright baje!!!

Besto:

This is the projector light... You will have it fitted into your existing head lamp.

See the second picture.. It has been fitted into the existing headlamp.

When you see all the new cars or old luxury cars.. Take a close look at their headlamp, you'd see it's a projector.

They can be behind you and high beam their light at night.

You that is in front will be seeing road clearly with the aid of their light.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by apatayeraye: 1:52pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hello house, pls I have a Honda bulldog 1999, the Ac is not cold like it was since i welded the condenser leak. There is no gas leak, the compressor is ok but I noticed that dried leaves and like bed foam do come out from the ventilation. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by apatayeraye: 2:06pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hello house, pls I have a Honda bulldog 1999, the Ac is not cold like it was since i welded the condenser leak. There is no gas leak, the compressor is good but I noticed that dried leaves and dried foam do come out from the ventilation. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Besto(m): 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2021
och12:
Please where can I get this light from Besto?

I've seen it in most luxury cars, it's extremely bright, e bright baje!!!

Check aliexpress.

Since I fixed mine, nite driving dey sweet me like kilode.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 8:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ernesttoby30:

Thanks boss. A mechanic told me he can do it, but I've just been scared so as not to temper with my gear box. Since the hand brake is closer to gear compartment, i was thinking he would have to temper with my gear box

Lmao cheesy cheesy

Easy bro. Your brake cable is not even close to the location of your 'gearbox' at all. You probably think so because the gear stick is nearby, but no grin grin

Meanwhile, apart from hand brake cable adjustment, the adjustment can also be done by tuning an adjuster close to the brake drum (provided the brake shoes- aka brake lining- still okay). Your mecho will understand.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
apatayeraye:
Hello house, pls I have a Honda bulldog 1999, the Ac is not cold like it was since i welded the condenser leak. There is no gas leak, the compressor is good but I noticed that dried leaves and dried foam do come out from the ventilation. Thanks.

Dry leaves and other debris coming out through your vents suggest your cabin air filter is not only dirty but it is likely broken down into cruds.
The clogged cabin air filter can be purely responsible for the non-cooling you feel.

Solution:
1) Check behind your glove compartment to remove your cabin air filter AND replace with a new one.

2) Change your air flow mode into 'recirculation' permanently. It reduces the rate of sucking in dirt along with air when using the fresh air mode.
The way around the permanent recirculation is to begin by rolling down all windows when starting the car after parking for a while. That allows fresh air to come in to replace stuffy air through your windows before you roll up.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ernesttoby30: 6:27am On Nov 23, 2021
nas00:

Lmao cheesy cheesy

Easy bro. Your brake cable is not even close to the location of your 'gearbox' at all. You probably think so because the gear stick is nearby, but no grin grin

Meanwhile, apart from hand brake cable adjustment, the adjustment can also be done by tuning an adjuster close to the brake drum (provided the brake shoes- aka brake lining- still okay). Your mecho will understand.

Thanks for the heads up bro. No mind me, i be novice in autoworld and I've heard a lot about gearbox problem grin Reason why i don't want any mecho to go near it for now. Thanks once again for the enlightenment
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 5:38pm On Nov 23, 2021
Can you please show us how yours looks like and where we can get it done

Check aliexpress.

Since I fixed mine, nite driving dey sweet me like kilode. [/quote]
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 11:02am On Nov 26, 2021
Get your vehicle scan tool today for just #5000 Naira. You don't have to wait for mechanics to abuse your vehicle before you take action. With the aid of this Bluetooth enabled tool and your android device , you can detect what's going on at your convenience without having to visit a diagnostic center.

Delivery is nationwide
DM for yours today 08124145301

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Besto(m): 7:50pm On Nov 26, 2021
Collione:
Can you please show us how yours looks like and where we can get it done

Check aliexpress.

Since I fixed mine, nite driving dey sweet me like kilode.

That's what it looks like.. Will snap from my car tomorrow.

They are very bright and well focused on the road.

Updated : looks on the car.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dayjeee(m): 9:10am On Nov 27, 2021
Kokomo:

Go for Civic, and if you want one that is close to corolla ruggedness go for the 2003 to 2005... the only downside is it transmssion, but can be minimise if you use manuafacturer's fluid. The other option is the 2006 to 2011, no major downside, transmsission and engine are ok, just the suspension (control arm bushen, engine mount, shock setup) not as durable as the 2003 to 2005 but can be minismised my driving carefully around rough road, bump and pot hole. It also has more sensors which are inter-connected, unlike corolla , any issue with one sensor can seriously affect your fuel consumption or car performace, so ensure you have a scanner and a passion for doing little research before for you drop the car for the rewire or mechanic otherwise they will mess things up for you. Also find and keep a trusted part seller, luvinghubby is one. Stick with tokunbo parts than new ones.

I use the 2007, and I follow the rules, it iis better than corolla if you do.
sir, how much can one budget for 2006-2008 nigeria used good civic? Can i dm you?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jamesope04(m): 9:41am On Nov 27, 2021
How much is Honda 2001 gear box?

cc: luvinhubby

nas00
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ernesttoby30: 12:36pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kokomo:

Go for Civic, and if you want one that is close to corolla ruggedness go for the 2003 to 2005... the only downside is it transmssion, but can be minimise if you use manuafacturer's fluid. The other option is the 2006 to 2011, no major downside, transmsission and engine are ok, just the suspension (control arm bushen, engine mount, shock setup) not as durable as the 2003 to 2005 but can be minismised my driving carefully around rough road, bump and pot hole. It also has more sensors which are inter-connected, unlike corolla , any issue with one sensor can seriously affect your fuel consumption or car performace, so ensure you have a scanner and a passion for doing little research before for you drop the car for the rewire or mechanic otherwise they will mess things up for you. Also find and keep a trusted part seller, luvinghubby is one. Stick with tokunbo parts than new ones.

I use the 2007, and I follow the rules, it iis better than corolla if you do.

Boss do you have personal Scanning device you use for your car or you go to rewire guys for scanning? If you have personal scanning device, which one would you recommend for me that is cost effective. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Structuralman: 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2021
Ernesttoby30:

Boss do you have personal Scanning device you use for your car or you go to rewire guys for scanning? If you have personal scanning device, which one would you recommend for me that is cost effective. Thanks

Search for diagnostic car scanner on Jumia. Some use Bluetooth while others are connected via a cable to the obd2 car port. Price varies from 3000 to over 150k. Yes it's a wide range to pick from depending on your pocket.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 2:07pm On Nov 27, 2021
Ernesttoby30:

I sell a cost effective device and it will be delivered to your door step. You can call or chat me up on 08124145301
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 2:10pm On Nov 27, 2021
Besto:

That's what it looks like.. Will snap from my car tomorrow.

They are very bright and well focused on the road.

Updated : looks on the car.

This is amazing. How can I reach you for tips on how to get this done on my EOD.

My questions are
1: Does it have a specific size or is the size universal
2: can it be adjusted Incase for some reason the light isn't pointing at the road properly.
3: is there a specific make that I should look out for in order to get a very bright version.
4: is it mounted in the dim or full light area of the headlight chassis.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Besto(m): 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2021
Collione:

This is amazing. How can I reach you for tips on how to get this done on my EOD.

My questions are
1: Does it have a specific size or is the size universal
2: can it be adjusted Incase for some reason the light isn't pointing at the road properly.
3: is there a specific make that I should look out for in order to get a very bright version.
4: is it mounted in the dim or full light area of the headlight chassis.

1: it's universal
2: yes it can be adjusted provided you monitor the installation or do it yourself
3: dland bi-led projector.
4: it's mounted in the dim section ( it got a low and high solenoid that works perfectly with your car light switch that's if you do the connection well)

See video below for your kinda car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I56te13PtDI

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (436) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.