Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,791 members, 7,875,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:44 AM

Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly - Sports (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly (35458 Views)

Exposed! Why Nigeria Olympic Team Failed In London / Nigeria's Olympic Team Beaten In Away Tanzania! / Wht Happ 2 Sunday Bada[nigeria's Olympic Gold Medalist]heard He Had An Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by ujchief(m): 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2012
MrNigeria.:

Netherlands and Trinidad and Tobago broke their national record while Brazil broke the South American record
i guess Nigeria broke the sub-sahara africa non-existing record! Game on!
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by DisGuy: 9:27pm On Aug 09, 2012
hollandis:

Good and nice ,rthe Kenyan guy even set a WR.what's the use of defecting to another country when you can win laurels ,what a wasted investment

When did he defect o? When was the last time nigeria field a long distance runner?

the fastest man in Africa, former nigerian athlete is currently enlisted with the Royal Navy - Fasuba
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 9:33pm On Aug 09, 2012
We are in lane one, and i think dat is good. D baton exchange was very bad btw osayemi and Blessing. dey have to improve on dat
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by hollandis(f): 9:37pm On Aug 09, 2012
Dis Guy:

When did he defect o? When was the last time nigeria field a long distance runner?

the fastest man in Africa, former nigerian athlete is currently enlisted with the Royal Navy - Fasuba
As him name na osagie na ,useless Benin boy Wey no gree go naija
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by DisGuy: 9:40pm On Aug 09, 2012
hollandis:
As him name na osagie na ,useless Benin boy Wey no gree go naija

you hear about the girl wey wan go do swimming for naija, wey official tell am say the biggest swimming pool dey 'Chairman' house?

He wan feed him family, he get steady progress and he's in an environment that support what he does handsomely- cant fault him
i bet he is mixed as well
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by IFELEKE(m): 10:23pm On Aug 09, 2012
Big Kudos to ola pluto and the team for keeping this thread real/alive,it's been my one stop spot after work. . .Thumbs Up!
@Topic,
There is a big difference between miracle and magic,Miracle is like opportunity that needs preparedness to occur,magic defies that. . .It will take strong magic for our disjointed/dysfunctional team nigeria to win one single bronze. . .no thanks pathetic sports administration in particular and corruption in general

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Wazobia(m): 11:21pm On Aug 09, 2012
African Olympics Village closes down amidst huge debts.

What a total disgrace.

Read on.
The hospitality centre for African nations competing in the Olympics has had to close because of unpaid debts, a spokesman has confirmed.
According to the BBC, Africa Village communications director Laurent Bagnis said the Africa Village, set up in Kensington Gardens, West London, owes suppliers hundreds of thousands of pounds owes suppliers hundreds of thousands of pounds.
He said an exact figure was not yet known.
A meeting is to be held to establish whether the venue can open later for its Tunisia Day.
It is the first time at an Olympic Games that the 53 African national Olympic Committees have come together to host one, specially dedicated house.
Located opposite the Royal Albert Hall, it has an exhibition area and restaurant open to the public and a reception area for Games officials, athletes and sponsors.
Since it opened on 28 July it has received 80,000 visitors, said communications director Mr Bagnis.
He said it had closed on Wednesday, adding a meeting was going to be held to “solve the situation”.
Asked if reports that £395,000 is owed are correct, he said: “We have a lot of figures. I don’t know which is right at the moment.”
Tunisia Day was supposed to feature a line-up of live music.
I thought Nigeria is a sorry case (watch out for my post Olympics rambling, I can assure you it would be worth a read) beyond you know what, but then again Nigeria is in the continent of Africa. Bloody disgraceful….

Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Afam4eva(m): 5:13am On Aug 10, 2012
It's embarrassing that we're not doing well in the relays that has brought us medals in the past. We need to go back to the drawing board. That'f if the board has not been destroyed.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by hollandis(f): 6:31am On Aug 10, 2012
Wazobia: African Olympics Village closes down amidst huge debts.

What a total disgrace.

Read on.
The hospitality centre for African nations competing in the Olympics has had to close because of unpaid debts, a spokesman has confirmed.
According to the BBC, Africa Village communications director Laurent Bagnis said the Africa Village, set up in Kensington Gardens, West London, owes suppliers hundreds of thousands of pounds owes suppliers hundreds of thousands of pounds.
He said an exact figure was not yet known.
A meeting is to be held to establish whether the venue can open later for its Tunisia Day.
It is the first time at an Olympic Games that the 53 African national Olympic Committees have come together to host one, specially dedicated house.
Located opposite the Royal Albert Hall, it has an exhibition area and restaurant open to the public and a reception area for Games officials, athletes and sponsors.
Since it opened on 28 July it has received 80,000 visitors, said communications director Mr Bagnis.
He said it had closed on Wednesday, adding a meeting was going to be held to “solve the situation”.
Asked if reports that £395,000 is owed are correct, he said: “We have a lot of figures. I don’t know which is right at the moment.”
Tunisia Day was supposed to feature a line-up of live music.
I thought Nigeria is a sorry case (watch out for my post Olympics rambling, I can assure you it would be worth a read) beyond you know what, but then again Nigeria is in the continent of Africa. Bloody disgraceful….
Britain is fond of bringing up dubious debt claims ,what's the big deal about hosting an event ,they want to get record profits and their stadium was not filled up ,still the same money thing.there is great corruption in that country with the queen @ the center of it.Everything here is skyrocketing ,if not for my savings frm school - wouldn't have even afforded tickets
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 12:34pm On Aug 10, 2012
As the olympics rounds up, I can only pray for that single medal! 2 more days, 2 more days! Nigeria willbe disgraced if no medal shows face. I am afraid of the pressure this puts on the remaining contenders. We have hope. We have 2 of our best medal hopes still left in wrestling and taekwando. Lets keep hoping. If Nigeria does not win a medal at this olympics, I will be sad. Sad not because we're poor, bur sad because luck deserted us. Blessing Okagbare's performance is still fresh in my mind. I hope she can redeem herself tonight and anchor the gals home. But she is injured. I think the relay team was disrupted by the drugs scandal of Lawretta Ozoh. Christy Udoh is really young and the stage is challenging her. I think the olympics might be her 1st big appearance after the African champs.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 7:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
4x400. Nigeria ran OK. Will be faster if Odumosu was not rested. Hope the gals go through. Will be hard because next heat is fast!
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2012
Currently 4th if no one runs faster in positions 4 and 5 in heat 2
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by MrNigeria2(m): 7:21pm On Aug 10, 2012
Nigeria not so good to take top three positions in four by four relay
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 7:27pm On Aug 10, 2012
Nigeria qualifies for relay final again. We will run faster with Ajoke coming in.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by chic2pimp(m): 7:34pm On Aug 10, 2012
Nigeria Qualifies for the Finals tomorrow but have absolutely no chance of Medalling here.

They however do have a chance of medalling in the 4 by 100 eventhough they qualified 8th fastest of the 8 teams in the finals.

That though would require atleast 2 teams dropping their batons and going by previous Olympics and world championships meets, that could very much happen.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by DisGuy: 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2012
ola_pluto: As the olympics rounds up, I can only pray for that single medal! 2 more days, 2 more days! Nigeria willbe disgraced if no medal shows face. I am afraid of the pressure this puts on the remaining contenders. We have hope. We have 2 of our best medal hopes still left in wrestling and taekwando. Lets keep hoping. If Nigeria does not win a medal at this olympics, I will be sad. Sad not because we're poor, bur sad because luck deserted us. Blessing Okagbare's performance is still fresh in my mind. I hope she can redeem herself tonight and anchor the gals home. But she is injured. I think the relay team was disrupted by the drugs scandal of Lawretta Ozoh. Christy Udoh is really young and the stage is challenging her. I think the olympics might be her 1st big appearance after the African champs.

undecided
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2012
4th. Closest so far
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:47pm On Aug 10, 2012
The girl who ran the third lap killed the relay team , She was so slow and couldn't pass the baton properly to Okagbare. If she passed the Baton faster who knows , we might have gotten Bronze
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by chic2pimp(m): 8:52pm On Aug 10, 2012
Nigeria comes fourth.......Must admit they exceeded my expectation. Was expecting them to come 6th-8th. Well done ladies

But the USA Quartet, my gawd gracious me......just wow shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by honeric01(m): 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
The girl who ran the third lap killed the relay team , She was so slow and couldn't pass the baton properly to Okagbare. If she passed the Baton faster who knows , we might have gotten Bronze

so nothing again? Is there no copper for 4th place?
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 9:04pm On Aug 10, 2012
Our last medal hope is tomorrow
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:10pm On Aug 10, 2012
honeric01:

so nothing again? Is there no copper for 4th place?

Na wa O!! we should send a petition to the olympic committee to introduce a zinc or copper or even kpangolo medal for 4th place . But then again is it certain that we would come 4th even if the Olympic committee agree to introduce a 4th medal.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by honeric01(m): 9:23pm On Aug 10, 2012
osanobua! Chei
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by toluxe0075: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2012
Pls wat tym is the 4x400 finals
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2012
our relay team tried, but d exchange to okagbare was poor.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by kokoA(m): 10:15pm On Aug 10, 2012
Na wah o.. Not even corpper for 4th place?
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 10:25pm On Aug 10, 2012
Chukwumerije our team captain, last real medal hope tomorrow.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by semid4lyfe(m): 11:10pm On Aug 10, 2012
ola_pluto: Chukwumerije our team captain, last real medal hope tomorrow.

Wish him best of luck but I don't see him winning tomorrow

Me don "gbakamu" sey we no go win any medal for this olympics cry
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by HAH: 12:04am On Aug 11, 2012
Chei even Afganistan get medal we no get
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 10:31am On Aug 11, 2012
Our final realistic medal hope, Chukwumerije will take to the mat after this game going on. I wish him luck against the Cuban.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 10:52am On Aug 11, 2012
Up next, Chika Chukwumerije fighting in Blue vs Cuban in red..
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 10:54am On Aug 11, 2012
Referee from Saudi Arabia, Chuka with Korean coach against a very tough Cuban.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Thomas Müller: “Against Messi Things Always Go Well, CR7 Was Our Biggest Problem / Nsukka Township Stadium In Enugu Takes Shape (Photos) / Loanee Matt Fined For Grabbing Denzel Dumfries' Manhood During Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.