Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,790 members, 7,875,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:37 AM

Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly - Sports (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly (35457 Views)

Exposed! Why Nigeria Olympic Team Failed In London / Nigeria's Olympic Team Beaten In Away Tanzania! / Wht Happ 2 Sunday Bada[nigeria's Olympic Gold Medalist]heard He Had An Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by DisGuy: 9:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
At least they will be able to tell their kids they made it to the finals of an Olympic event without terrible support from the home nation

more scholarships for them, thanks to yankee universities cheesy

Well done athletes!
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by DisGuy: 9:34pm On Aug 08, 2012
Are there nigerian journalists here at all, like camera crew or print journalist actually in the village

I havent seen/read any comments or interviews done by our athletes
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by SamAfrik(m): 9:42pm On Aug 08, 2012
Im so so ashamed of our sports administrators.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by honeric01(m): 9:44pm On Aug 08, 2012
Chimp, take time o before we descend on you with all the frustration team Nigeria don put us into.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by chic2pimp(m): 9:55pm On Aug 08, 2012
honeric01: Chimp, take time o before we descend on you with all the frustration team Nigeria don put us into.

grin grin grin grin grin.......In my defence though, A.Felix is off Nigerian Heritage
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by honeric01(m): 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2012
chic2pimp:

grin grin grin grin grin.......In my defence though, A.Felix is off Nigerian Heritage

Stay on point or get your colonial master's azz banned tongue i mean am o.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by semid4lyfe(m): 11:30pm On Aug 08, 2012
Another day of dashed hopes

I think we should start bracing up to the fact that we won't be winning any medals at this games cry
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by blasterman(m): 1:17am On Aug 09, 2012
2 bronze medal anybody wan bet even if no be now after dem catch somebody 4 doping
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Nobody: 4:44am On Aug 09, 2012
blasterman: 2 bronze medal anybody wan bet even if no be now after dem catch somebody 4 doping
Lollz... We are not even closer to any winners medal.. Except a weightlifter who placed 8th.... So in your logic, it means like 5 pple above him must test positive to a banned substance b4 she can get a medal.
That is not happening, not in this lifetime
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 09, 2012
Nigeria unlikely to win another gold medal unless we get another low-corruption government.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Olamisoji(m): 7:10am On Aug 09, 2012
Nigerians competing today
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Olamisoji(m): 7:10am On Aug 09, 2012
Nigerians competing today; mens taekwondo(not chukwumerije) also womens wrestling. And the womens relax
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 09, 2012
It is worrying that almost only Nigeria's female athletes have performed at all at these olympics.

Can anybody give me idea why this may be? I really cannot make sense of it.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by hollandis(f): 10:51am On Aug 09, 2012
Tosin oke is in the finals of triple jump today ,honestly I have hopes in him .oops did I say that ? However he is a strong medal prospect .
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by MrNigeria2(m): 11:05am On Aug 09, 2012
hollandis: Tosin oke is in the finals of triple jump today ,honestly I have hopes in him .oops did I say that ? However he is a strong medal prospect .

it may be tough for him to getaway with a top three spot. let's pray that the luck that blessing had last oympics will shine on him since his friend Philip idow is out
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 12:17pm On Aug 09, 2012
Tosin can get a bronze if he his lucky. D female wrestler disappointed yesterday. Hope d wrestler performs today.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by DisGuy: 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2012
first fighter got ponked- Isah Mo got beaten by a Jordanian
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2012
I pray our atletics coaches are sensible enough to leave out Blessing Okagbare tonight. She is injured both physically and emotionally. Our best wrestler, Amarachi, is fighting in the next 1 hour or so. I may watch him. Our medal hopes are all but dwindling, but I still believe our 4x100 and 4x400 are strong enough. We have at least 4 consistent female 400m in 51 seconds. The team is young, so naive, that may be their undoing. But it should be easy for them to enter final. Today, Gloria Asumnu and Damola Osayomi have to step up and lead the team to the final in the 4x100.
Nigeria MUST win a medal o
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by onyxo76(m): 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2012
can someone tell me if there is a difference between us and the jamaican athletes? they seem to be getting better with every olympic year while we are getting poorer with regards to performance.
we used to be very good in boxing, weight lifting etc but nowadays even the those events have been taken over by other countries.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 1:53pm On Aug 09, 2012
onyxo76: can someone tell me if there is a difference between us and the jamaican athletes? they seem to be getting better with every olympic year while we are getting poorer with regards to performance.
we used to be very good in boxing, weight lifting etc but nowadays even the those events have been taken over by other countries.
We can beat the Jamaicans strenght for strength. We have what it takes to produce 10 Usain Bolts, but I doubt we're ready to do so. We do not have the structures. The rot that has eaten into Nigeria has affected the sports really badly. We are saving face with football, but it wont last. I know that we have boys that can run 10.50 at 15 years. SOme can run 10.20 if properly trained. If a 15 year old runs 10.20, he will run below 10 seconds by the time he's 17/18. Thats how Jamaica did it. they have their national secondary schools competition. It is like the biggest thing in Jamaica. They know their next stars from 16 yr old. Imagine if every state in Nigeria is to produce 3 boys running 10.30s at 16 yrs.
Things are really bad on the administration side too. Corruption! All the money meant for the athletes are being swallowed by the federation presidents and secretaries. I know of the last Judo trials when athletes had to sleep on the floor in Abuja stadium. The athletes are short-changed, they are neglected during injury, and only expected to perform at olympics.
If tomorrow, the minister sets up a National secondary school track and field meet, you will be surprised to find that some raw talents will perform better than our olympians.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 1:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
Amarachi takes to the mat in 2 minutes. I will watch it with one eye. I'm at work and my lunch break is over
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by deekseen(m): 2:03pm On Aug 09, 2012
ola_pluto: Amarachi takes to the mat in 2 minutes. I will watch it with one eye. I'm at work and my lunch break is over

Atleast you can see pictures. Please update o, because the info and updates i get on this thread are what i bank on most times.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2012
I'm still watching it on my phone. My team members are not yet back. Amarachi in with 2 coaches all wearing green. She will fight from the blue corner. She takes on a chinese. Coach Igali not ringside!
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2012
I'm still watching it on my phone. My team members are not yet back. Amarachi in with 2 coaches all wearing green. She will fight from the blue corner. She takes on a chinese. Coach Igali ringside!
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 2:13pm On Aug 09, 2012
They shake hands and start. Amarachi pouncing and attacking. Chinese just sempe. Amarachi down by 1 point as she tries to be too clever.
Match over!!! Nigeria out. Counter attack to bad. Shame
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 2:14pm On Aug 09, 2012
Thats what they call knock-out in boxing. She came aggresively, but took a counter-punch. Too easy
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by kokoA(m): 2:21pm On Aug 09, 2012
Na wah o. when fight start wey e don finish already?!
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by semid4lyfe(m): 2:37pm On Aug 09, 2012
ola_pluto: Thats what they call knock-out in boxing. She came aggresively, but took a counter-punch. Too easy

No be na wa, na real wa!

Do these athletes have coaches at all

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Referee Ready To Fight Alan Judge After Abusive Words (Photos, Video) / Thomas Müller: “Against Messi Things Always Go Well, CR7 Was Our Biggest Problem / Nsukka Township Stadium In Enugu Takes Shape (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.