Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,366 members, 7,888,184 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:12 PM

Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly - Sports (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly (35495 Views)

Exposed! Why Nigeria Olympic Team Failed In London / Nigeria's Olympic Team Beaten In Away Tanzania! / Wht Happ 2 Sunday Bada[nigeria's Olympic Gold Medalist]heard He Had An Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Olamisoji(m): 9:59pm On Aug 05, 2012
Has the final taken place.update pls
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Olamisoji(m): 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2012
Bolt won setting an olympic record
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by DisGuy: 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2012
it has taken place, well its only within 10secs as usual

as Bolt won 9.63second, Blake second, Gatlin third

Asafa pulled up as usual
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 10:14pm On Aug 05, 2012
Mariam Usman updated her Facebook profile: the worst thing as an athlete is to have a wrong coach.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Olamisoji(m): 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2012
When is ajoke competing next.any more tonight
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by HAH: 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2012
ola_pluto: Mariam Usman updated her Facebook profile: the worst thing as an athlete is to have a wrong coach.
NSC should query this coach if possible they should sack him,
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 05, 2012
Did she really write that? That must mean she disagreed with her coaches' strategy

ola_pluto: Mariam Usman updated her Facebook profile: the worst thing as an athlete is to have a wrong coach.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by onila(f): 2:35am On Aug 06, 2012
Nigerian Muizat Ajoke Odumosu has qualified for the Nigerian 400 m hurdles
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 9:36am On Aug 06, 2012
Ajoke goes in d easiest semi finals dis evening. She is a consistent 54.80 - 55.25 runner in a one off run. She has to be at her best to make d finals. it is possible.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by justokey(m): 11:17am On Aug 06, 2012
Guys what's new from Team Nigeria camp...Do we still have hope of getting anything before the end of olympics? I really feel for Blessing, poor girl.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by hollandis(f): 12:06pm On Aug 06, 2012
After spending almost 800pounds in support for Nigeria ,I aint spending no more ,not even for the relays
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Olamisoji(m): 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2012
Hollandis don't give up on nigeria pls
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by abdurrazaq(m): 2:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
hollandis: After spending almost 800pounds in support for Nigeria ,I aint spending no more ,not even for the relays
Please don‘t give up on the athletes now. I hope one athlete win a medal for him/herself and for the effort put in by other athletes.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by hollandis(f): 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
Only 6 events remanining for a chance to get a medal

1. Boxing 75kg -Ogoke fightinh against a Russian heavyweight prediction (silver)
2. 200m ,I know the girls will fumble here.(bronze)
3. Long jump , okagbare can redeem herself but it will be an individual effort (gold or 4th place)
4. 4x100m women baton exchange problem + slow runners apart from blessing (gold)
5. 4x400m women No hope they couldn't even qualify for the 400m semis (last)
6. Taekwondo - I hope the captain doesn't screw up because of too much pressure(gold)
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
If Nigeria wanst so useless Oughuru's silver medal from the woman's 100M would have been Nigeria's
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 4:46pm On Aug 06, 2012
No way back 4 Ogoke. Losing 14-6 after rd3.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
Nigeria would not make d 200m women finals. Best hope is d 4 x 100m. The Nigeria wrestlers can spring up one or two surprises. Taekwondo would be very difficult. Ogoke just lost by 10points. The same margin she lost to d Russian at d world champ.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by Olamisoji(m): 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
Did edith win her fight
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by hollandis(f): 4:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
1(boxing) gone ,5 to go
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by otokx(m): 5:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
and that is how they will be going 1 by 1 until we stop telling ourselves white lies.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by chic2pimp(m): 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
ThiefOfHearts: If Nigeria wanst so useless Oughuru's silver medal from the woman's 100M would have been Nigeria's

How so?
Christine is british born and bred.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by chic2pimp(m): 6:28pm On Aug 06, 2012
The women's 100M only confirmed what I have known all along.

Both Blessing and Felix are capable of running in the high 10.7s. All they need do is to sort out their start.

Also having watched the 100M finals again, I can categorically say Blessing tightened up and basically gave up at about 60M mark.
I don't know why though cuz Felix had the poorest start in the field and still ran 10.89. She should have at the very least been able to match Felix's time.
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by MrNigeria2(m): 7:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
hollandis: After spending almost 800pounds in support for Nigeria ,I aint spending no more ,not even for the relays

wow, that's quite a lot. ..but our four by four female may prove something good sha. p
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by blasterman(m): 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2012
We will end up with 2 bronZes frm 4'x 400 w and one from somewhere else. I can bet with MTN recharge card
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by olapluto(m): 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2012
This Olympics isn't really bad for Nigeria if we have sensible sports managers. We have been close and have discovered some talents. Christy Udoh, Lara Omotosho and Regina George are all potential talents. Nigeria can invest in them and I can bet they will drop medals each in 4 years. They are all under 23 genuinely. But I bet 2 weeks from now, they will start blaming the athletes.
I think Christy Udoh will qualify for the semi final of the 200'm. Gloria Asumnu is out. Good news. She can go prepare to run the race of her life in 2nd leg for the relays. I love to see Christy Udoh in 3rd leg with Osayomi in leg 1
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by honeric01(m): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
Too many dreamers..
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by chic2pimp(m): 7:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
The women's 200M finals is definitely one to watch.......
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by hollandis(f): 8:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
hollandis: Only 6 events remanining for a chance to get a medal

1. Boxing 75kg -Ogoke fightinh against a Russian heavyweight prediction (silver)
2. 200m ,I know the girls will fumble here.(bronze)
3. Long jump , okagbare can redeem herself but it will be an individual effort (gold or 4th place)
4. 4x100m women baton exchange problem + slow runners apart from blessing (gold)
6. Taekwondo - I hope the captain doesn't screw up because of too much pressure(gold)

1 and 2 gone

NB -I didn't put odumosu(400m hurdles) up here because she will crash out in the semifinals in 20mins time
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by mukina2: 8:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
Odumuso 1st in 400m hurdles heat
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by chic2pimp(m): 8:35pm On Aug 06, 2012
Joke is through to the Finals......She wins her Semi Finals
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 8:35pm On Aug 06, 2012
Ajoke wins hurdle semi final to qualify 4 finals
Re: Nigeria Olympic Thread...to Be Updated Regularly by akintun: 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2012
She broke her personal best. D girl has a real chance now, but she is d most erratic athlete in d world. She can be very hot and very cold.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Serie A Golden Boot / William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer / "This Is A Bad Dream" - Emiliano Sala's Father Reacts As Plane Wreckage Is Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.