Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,415 members, 7,974,695 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 09:51 AM

Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety (10651 Views)

Remi Babalola: I Left Jonathan’s Govt Because Of Financial Mismanagement / Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega / ‎See The Words of Femi Gbajabiamila that Returned to Hunt Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by OmoTier1(m): 1:02am On Jul 28, 2012
How shameful to read the reactions of those who yesterday falsely accused this man! Any sane individual who really want to take Gbaja to the task should go verify His claims as stated in His rebuttal instead of coming to NL continue to spill already soured milk.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by porka: 2:13am On Jul 28, 2012
Delafruita:
its normal that africans modernise their names for easy pronunciation.my father changed his name afolabi to afo while in the UK.that didnt stop him from using afolabi when he finally relocated to nigeria on a permanent basis.its ridiculous to say a man is a fraud because he shortened his name.
question is did the man flee goergia?NO
did he leave a forwarding address?YES
did he return to georgia when he was informed?YES
did he accept responsibility?YES
was he punished?YES
has he served his punishment?YES
did he face a jury or judge?NO
is he eligible to practise law in georgia?YES
is he a criminal?NO
has he admitted his wrongdoing?YES.he highlighted the incident in a book published last month even before peedeepee decided to start digging
.why are some morons still hellbent on ranting

Questions for Femi Gbaja (or Femi Gbajabiamila)

1) What is the name of the paralegal? We need names at this point.

2) Did he report the case to the police in the US?

3) If he did, are there proofs? Police report, newspaper cuttings etc.

4) If he didn't why admit guilt for something he knew nothing about? Big question...

5) Name change is common in Nigeria as every where, but is he aware that using two different names interchangeably is rare and criminal?

6) Does he know that when you change your name you ceased to answer the former name while all other documents remain valid?

7) If he does, why is he still Gbaja on his passport ( a legal document) and Gbajabiamila on INEC records (another legal document)?

cool Does it take over a year (more than 3 years in this case)for letters to get to a forwarding address from the US to Nigeria?

9) Did he disclose this allege scam to his constituents before the election, to show he has "nothing to hide"?

10) Borrowing the logic of some people here questioning why they waited for him to move the motion for impeachment before bringing this out, can Femi Gbaja (or Gbajabiamila) tell us why he waited till last month to publish this allege scam? Or is he just remembering he has nothing to hide by disclosing an allege crime that took place over ten years ago?

11) And then what does the LEADER OF THE OPPOSITION in the House of Representative stand for? Is it the same thing as the Minority Leader officially recognized?

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by dayokanu(m): 2:34am On Jul 28, 2012
porka:

4) If he didn't why admit guilt for something he knew nothing about? Big question...

5) Name change is common in Nigeria as every where, but is he aware that using two different names interchangeably is rare and criminal?

6) Does he know that when you change your name you ceased to answer the former name while all other documents remain valid?

7) If he does, why is he still Gbaja on his passport ( a legal document) and Gbajabiamila on INEC records (another legal document)?

cool Does it take over a year (more than 3 years in this case)for letters to get to a forwarding address from the US to Nigeria?

9) Did he disclose this allege scam to his constituents before the election, to show he has "nothing to hide"?

10) Borrowing the logic of some people here questioning why they waited for him to move the motion for impeachment before bringing this out, can Femi Gbaja (or Gbajabiamila) tell us why he waited till last month to publish this allege scam? Or is he just remembering he has nothing to hide by disclosing an allege crime that took place over ten years ago?

11) And then what does the LEADER OF THE OPPOSITION in the House of Representative stand for? Is it the same thing as the Minority Leader officially recognized?

1. The Atlanta legal board have the needed information and in case you need it, you can request from the Atlanta Legal board. Gbaja wont be putting the name of another individual out in public without the paralegals consent or the boards mandate.

2. The board which is an authority already knew about the case and took the necesary action prescribed by law.

3. Ask the Atlanta legal body of what was used to decide the case.

4. His legal practice was fined. And his license with Gbajas name which was the owner was suspended. Just like a hospital can be fined if one of the baby doctors committed an infraction of the professional ethics.

5. There is nothing incriminating about using a shorter version of your long name. I know a family of Olowokandi some members changed their name to Olowo and use it in all docs in the US, while in Nigeria still retain their fathers popular name and identity.

6. No you dont. The name your family choose to call you would never change even if you use something different anywhere else. People knew their family name. His passport is Gbaja, career Gbaja, but for recognition in his constituency he choose the more identifiable Gbajabiamila

7. See above. INEC records because Gbajabiamila is his family name that would win him votes in Lagos.

8. Did you find out when the client forwarded the claims to the Georgia board. If someone stole my money in 2002, and I dont report till 2004, How would they send my lawyer a letter? Ask the Georgia board when they got the complaint and when they wrote to him.

9. He answered to the body that he was answerable to which was the Georgia Board and he went to Atlanta to make representation.

10. He went to Atlanta, served the punishment in a timely manner

11. It means whatever you term it to be

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/768826_Gbajas-evidence_jpg6a44dd0346325460aba7adc02563216d[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by adedayodan(m): 3:08am On Jul 28, 2012
its a pity for nigeria youth. i wonder if dis country have youth to take up d future's challenges. many of we youths are blindfolded in our reactions to issues. Femi is role model for d youth. any body dat rise against d government,they wil look for d ways of silence them. where Farouk Lawan and its reports today d governmend has done whtt they knows best. Femi continue d struggle we d minded youths of dis country are with u.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by porka: 3:32am On Jul 28, 2012
dayokanu:

1. The Atlanta legal board have the needed information and in case you need it, you can request from the Atlanta Legal board. Gbaja wont be putting the name of another individual out in public without the paralegals consent or the boards mandate.

2. The board which is an authority already knew about the case and took the necesary action prescribed by law.

3. Ask the Atlanta legal body of what was used to decide the case.

4. His legal practice was fined. And his license with Gbajas name which was the owner was suspended. Just like a hospital can be fined if one of the baby doctors committed an infraction of the professional ethics.

5. There is nothing incriminating about using a shorter version of your long name. I know a family of Olowokandi some members changed their name to Olowo and use it in all docs in the US, while in Nigeria still retain their fathers popular name and identity.

6. No you dont. The name your family choose to call you would never change even if you use something different anywhere else. People knew their family name. His passport is Gbaja, career Gbaja, but for recognition in his constituency he choose the more identifiable Gbajabiamila

7. See above. INEC records because Gbajabiamila is his family name that would win him votes in Lagos.

8. Did you find out when the client forwarded the claims to the Georgia board. If someone stole my money in 2002, and I dont report till 2004, How would they send my lawyer a letter? Ask the Georgia board when they got the complaint and when they wrote to him.

9. He answered to the body that he was answerable to which was the Georgia Board and he went to Atlanta to make representation.

10. He went to Atlanta, served the punishment in a timely manner

11. It means whatever you term it to be

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/768826_Gbajas-evidence_jpg6a44dd0346325460aba7adc02563216d[/img]

Thanks for your prompt reply, however there are even more questions than answers in your response

1) What is he afraid of in naming the allege crime suspect, if he was so quick in passing the bulk why shift the responsibility of naming the suspect on the US authority.

2) It seems you are hiding something still, because you published a letter purportedly from Georgia but can't simply answer the question. More proofs...

3) Can you help Femi's case by getting the Atlanta people to respond, since he's being accused of misdemeanor.

4) Ok, now we know he was a rookie attorney in Atlanta in 2002. Or... explain the analogy.

5) Sir, there's everything dishonest and criminal about using different variants of your name in legal documents, this is not some appellation or brand name, we are talking of a passport and official records, a single person cannot answer two names, it is fraudulent, sir. He needs to address this, it is fraudulent, it is a crime. By the way, hope you sought the Olowos or Olowokandis' consent before using their names here, according to your theory in (1).

6) Gbaja and Gbajabiamila are two different names. How do we know it is not Gbajamija or some other variants. Ordinary Gbaja Femi and Femi Gbaja are two different names much less Femi Gbaja and Femi Gbajabiamila. Sorry you can't spin this. It's illegal. Period!

7) Let him go and swear an affidavit and stop living a double life. All human beings are recognized officially by one name until they change it legally, and all former document remain valid. He will publish it in a newspaper.

cool We want to know every single detail of this case. Any one who wants to impeach the president of a whole country must come clean, that's the catch.

9) You did not answer the question. Did he disclose this misdemeanor to his constituents before seeking their votes in 2003?

10) See above. If he didn't then he must have hidden something from them until last month.

11) Thank you, he's officially a Minority Leader in the House of Representatives, it is not something to be ashamed of, that is a ranking position in the House.

12) By the way, the tone of the letter sounds like a PLEA BARGAIN. It is similar to what many Nigerians (perhaps including Femi himself) have vociferously condemned when it was adopted by the EFCC on some alleged corrupt officials, i.e. he agreed to be sanctioned in exchanged for criminal charges to be dropped. It is perfectly legal bro. Just saying we need to be told that was what happened, before the "PDP" tells us, to show that he has "nothing to hide".
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by lookmangiw(m): 5:28am On Jul 28, 2012
ilugunboy:

Time registered: July 05, 2012
Time spent online: 4 hours & 28 minutes

I could have easily taken you as one of them...but your sentence stringing doesn't fits in perfectly.
ilugunboy, you mean among the 40 laptop guys? Surely he is, just that he has gotten his footing yet. With time, he will catch up.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by maclatunji: 5:47am On Jul 28, 2012
Brilliant response from a brilliant man. I challenge GEJ to write anything half-as-good as this.

Nigerians seem quite easy to delude- the guy moves a motion that implies impeachment for the President if he doesn't perform and Viola! Less than week thereafter a smear campaign is waged against him and some people are cheering and hailing that. Do you guys think at all?
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by earthgreeners(m): 6:02am On Jul 28, 2012
@Porka, It shall never be well with u and ur family for the useless questions you are asking..
Are u a fool or just an slowpoke?..I dnt think you have brains.....ur questions are just as dumb....
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by earthgreeners(m): 6:07am On Jul 28, 2012
We don win ooo, we don win
ACN...we don win!
Gbaja...we don win!
PDP...Losers!
Gbaja is our rep......

Jonathan...The cheif theif, he who laughs last laugh best..Atiku, Babangida, OBJ, Buhari and co are watching u and gathering video evidence of ur corrupt acts...2014 is when u go smell rat,
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by gilgee(m): 6:30am On Jul 28, 2012
Why are majority of the posts against Mr. Gbaja and not in support of 100% budget implementation? Is it that the average Nigerian youth doesn't have enough intelligence to see the bigger picture?

Mr. Gbaja's doing and/or undoing has no direct bearing on Nigeria and her citizens in this context! The greater focus should be on what affects the interest of the populace: budget implementation!

I am unable to decipher the actual reason behind most Nigerians' love for mediocrity.

You should be clamouring for your president to completely implement the budget, and not typing your strength away on Mr. Gbaja's professional misconduct!

I really don't see Nigeria developing beyond what's obtainable today, if the youths continue to function with this mentality!

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Toktee(m): 7:44am On Jul 28, 2012
@porka,you kept mentioning WE want to know,you and pdp or who? Since you insist that mr gbaga shortened and maintain two identities is bad,can you tell us the reason behind it And i want you to tell us why these accusation are coming in now that gbaja told mr johnadull to do the right thing,where were people like you when mr gbaja pick his nomination form,does it mean the usa government and inec were not aweare of his two identities,and why the police in geogia do nt arrest him if
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by ulimited: 8:43am On Jul 28, 2012
dayokanu:

One amazing thing about the 40 laptop squad is their incredible stupidity.

Gbaja stated he handled the case to a paralegal in 2002, Which he believed the paralegal carried out. It was until the State wrote him a letter in n2005 via his forwarding address that he knew.

So question How would he have known that the paralegal ran away with the money before 2005?

Barack Obama switched his name from Barry to barack, Maybe he was trying to cover a fraud too.

Even for Yoruba folks, Gbajabiamila is cumbersome to pronouce never mind for foreigners, and for someone in the public service The easier to pronounce your name is the better.

I can imagine the agony of a white man trying to pronounce Gbajabiamila

My name is Adedayo, I shortened it to Ade or Dayo means I am commiting a fraud? Someone bearing Chukwuemeka Shortens to Emeka or Chukwu is strange?
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by FrankC3: 9:26am On Jul 28, 2012
I guess @Porka's questions are clear, straight and simple. Direct, honest answers to them will give us a real insight into the identity of the man that moved a motion for the impeachment of the president. I think the more this kind of revelation comes out of the House, the more OBJ's stance that the house is full of thieves and robbers is justified. I move that Mr Gbaja or Gbajambia whatever be consigned to the same corner as Farouk. They make OBJ look like a god.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Delafruita(m): 9:26am On Jul 28, 2012
porka:

1. if his accusers have reason to believe he has been dishonest,then they should feel free to report to the nigerian police or interpol.it would be foolhardy to expect him to begin to reel out names all in a bid to assuade the venomous appetite of a peedeepee government with nothing better to do

2.is he to supposed to include in his rebuttal the fact that he reported or did not report the matter to the police?

3.there are cases where people just want issues resolved especially when the culprit is someone close to them.going by his rebittal,its apparent the paralegal was someone he placed enormous trust in.its safe to assume its someone he held in high esteem.if i were in his shoes,my priority wont be bringing the person to book,it will simply be clearing my name,taking the punishment and moving forward.

4.same as 3.in addition,people take responsibilities even for actions they have delegated

5.would you care to enlighten us as to how he used 2 names interchangeably?the man has been in the NASS since 2003 and since then has been addressed as gbajabiamila though most still shorten it to gbaja for easier pronunciation.the fact that he had gbaja on his passport isnt strange.or you expect him to burn all his previous documents?

6.mr man,he never changed his name.he simply shortened it which is common in this part of the world.my grandfather's family name is alashonla,when he got to the US,he decided to shorten it to alash.since then all his children either use alashonla or alash.they dont need an official change of name for that.

7.do you realise that INEC also requires a means of identification?do you also realise that the same passport would have been presented as a means of identification?do you also realise that all his previous documents would also be presented to INEC?

8.you cant jump to conclusions because you dont know when the issue was reported and when the letter was mailed

9.it seems you dont understand the chronology of events.he came to nigeria in 2002,won the election into the NASS in 2003,went to georgia in 2007 and was suspended for 36months.as you can see,as at the time he was contesting,there was no "alleged scam".by 2007,there was no "alleged scam" because the issue had been resolved.by 2011,there was no "alleged scam because the issue had been resolved

10.the "allaged scam" was published in a book about the lawmaker's foray into politics.on a rough estimate,such a book might take 1-2 years to write,proofread,edit,publish and launch.he didnt report it last month,it was included in the book right from the day it was written.

11.he is the leader of the opposition which is the same as minority leader.dare i say,he has done a good job,the best minority leader we have had since 1999
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Delafruita(m): 9:53am On Jul 28, 2012
porka:

Thanks for your prompt reply, however there are even more questions than answers in your response

1) What is he afraid of in naming the allege crime suspect, if he was so quick in passing the bulk why shift the responsibility of naming the suspect on the US authority.

2) It seems you are hiding something still, because you published a letter purportedly from Georgia but can't simply answer the question. More proofs...

3) Can you help Femi's case by getting the Atlanta people to respond, since he's being accused of misdemeanor.

4) Ok, now we know he was a rookie attorney in Atlanta in 2002. Or... explain the analogy.

you want the atlanta people to get involved in an issue that has since been concluded and of which their letter states without ambiguity the standing of femi gbaja before them.
femi gbaja is not accused of misdemeanour,a record of a misdemeanour for which punishment has been meted and served is been brought to light because he moved to impeach the retardeen

porka:
5) Sir, there's everything dishonest and criminal about using different variants of your name in legal documents, this is not some appellation or brand name, we are talking of a passport and official records, a single person cannot answer two names, it is fraudulent, sir. He needs to address this, it is fraudulent, it is a crime. By the way, hope you sought the Olowos or Olowokandis' consent before using their names here, according to your theory in (1).

6) Gbaja and Gbajabiamila are two different names. How do we know it is not Gbajamija or some other variants. Ordinary Gbaja Femi and Femi Gbaja are two different names much less Femi Gbaja and Femi Gbajabiamila. Sorry you can't spin this. It's illegal. Period!

is bill jefferson clinton the same as william jefferson clinton?
is richard cheney the same person as dick cheney?
is goodluck ebele jonathan the same as goodluck ebele azikiwe jonathan?
people shorten their names all over the world.some do it for election purposes.bukola saraki added abubakar to his name when he wanted to run for president.gbajabiamila is an influential name in lagos and it makes perfect sense to use it in place of gbaja especially for someone going into politics.
as for its legal use,you have to ask INEC if he gave them reason to doubt his identity

porka:
7) Let him go and swear an affidavit and stop living a double life. All human beings are recognized officially by one name until they change it legally, and all former document remain valid. He will publish it in a newspaper.
if there's any suspicion of dual identity,responsibility lies with INEC and the nigerian police.if they havent made any move,its because he satisfied their curiosity

porka:
cool We want to know every single detail of this case. Any one who wants to impeach the president of a whole country must come clean, that's the catch.
nobody can impeach a president.only the national assembly can.however,it takes one person to move the motion and this time it was femi gbaja and he is been attacked just to show how desperate jonathan is to be a pharaoh.
femi has revealed what he has revealed.if you need more info,report to the police or efcc

porka:
9) You did not answer the question. Did he disclose this misdemeanor to his constituents before seeking their votes in 2003?

10) See above. If he didn't then he must have hidden something from them until last month.
already answered

porka:
11) Thank you, he's officially a Minority Leader in the House of Representatives, it is not something to be ashamed of, that is a ranking position in the House.

12) By the way, the tone of the letter sounds like a PLEA BARGAIN. It is similar to what many Nigerians (perhaps including Femi himself) have vociferously condemned when it was adopted by the EFCC on some alleged corrupt officials, i.e. he agreed to be sanctioned in exchanged for criminal charges to be dropped. It is perfectly legal bro. Just saying we need to be told that was what happened, before the "PDP" tells us, to show that he has "nothing to hide".
where is the evidence that he agreed to be sanctioned in exchange for criminal charges?dont make assumptions.he was handed the full punishment for the misdemeanour which is 36months suspension.it might have resulted in criminal charges if he had refused to respond to the summon but he did

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by ballabriggs: 9:59am On Jul 28, 2012
porka:

You accuse and tell the man to prove. My friend shove some cassava bread down your throat.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by ijigbamigb(m): 10:21am On Jul 28, 2012
Delafruita:
its normal that africans modernise their names for easy pronunciation.my father changed his name afolabi to afo while in the UK.that didnt stop him from using afolabi when he finally relocated to nigeria on a permanent basis.its ridiculous to say a man is a fraud because he shortened his name.
was he punished?YES
is he a criminal?NO
has he admitted his wrongdoing?YES.he highlighted the incident in a book published last month even before peedeepee decided to start digging

Please explain to them all. I bear Ijigbamigbe at home, but had to shorten it to IJI for easy pronunciation. So no Biggie about that. Even if he tell lies, @ least he has come out to establish some facts about the scandal and not just respond with "I Don't Give A Damn"
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Feemmy(m): 10:21am On Jul 28, 2012
Delafruita:
was he punished?YES
is he a criminal?NO
God bless you, u said it all. [quote author]
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by kokozain(m): 10:25am On Jul 28, 2012
ayox2003:

And who are u ramming? Saw ur tweet to Ogunlesi and couldn't help but shake my head. Let's see if u'd last long.

Frawzey.
guy pls be careful abt ur public utterances pple are missing, dyin evryday witout traces. Pls lets be a little bit cautious on social media like dis some are reading witout commenting. I believe u understand me better nice day ahead of u.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Pataki: 10:28am On Jul 28, 2012
ballabriggs:

You accuse and tell the man to prove. My friend shove some cassava bread down your throat.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by kokozain(m): 10:44am On Jul 28, 2012
brownlord:

Exactly my taught my brothers, all those condemning this man are so foolish, even if the really committed this offense, why should it be now, and we Nigerians are too foolish to even see the plans of PDP, look at PDP in the other thread saying the man must resign his position, in a civilised country where there is govt. cos we dont have any in Nigeria, farock's ball ought to be hanged by now, and their party chairman's son would be resting in Jail, but no, they trying to distract Nigeria with silly joke without substantial evidence to back their claims, am still waiting for them to prove Adams oshiomole certificate fake
no they cant go to court any longer becos dey realised dat d law says dat o‘ level qualification or its equivalent and deir point is dat oshiomole did not av secondary sch cert. Dey only see his Russia higher institution cert.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Dignitary: 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2012
Nigerians indeed have low IQ.

I guess some of you guys have wittingly refused to read the letter that has been severally posted by KOASTER.

What happened to GBAJA is not strange and Infact that is a normal practice amongst lawyers in Nigeria

Admittedly, lawyers get away easily with many things here in Nigeria but the situation is different in d US and it's worse if you are an African.

Guess some of u have to check d dictionary meaning of 'ex convict'...D guy was just pronounced guilty of professional misconduct and that is Not a criminal offence!!!!

Dis is anoda diversionary tactics by d PDP...but dis time around,it may backfire!!! They think d impeachment threat is woven around GBAJA whereas the House, a PDP dominated house collectively adopted d impeachment threat/plan
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by maktop(m): 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2012
@ porka. Porka and all others that are against Gbaja are all junior Retartdeens and NFA(no future ambitiom). Anyway Legislature Vs Executive come Sept.18 who will win? Baba Jona must implement budget 100% or else he should pack his load and leave Aso rock.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Demdem(m): 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2012
but u guys dey try to be answering porka's questions. It evidently clear that the guy is dumb. i dont waste my time on such asssholes. Even their master don leave the thread.

ballabriggs:

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Pataki: 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2012
One thing the Executive do not understand is that attacking Gbaja only makes the legislative arm more resolute to follow this impeachment to the very end.

If you think intimidating Gbaja will make the nightmare of this impeachment for Retardeen disappear, you got more than you can imagine coming your way.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by porka: 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2012
Delafruita:

1. if his accusers have reason to believe he has been dishonest,then they should feel free to report to the nigerian police or interpol.it would be foolhardy to expect him to begin to reel out names all in a bid to assuade the venomous appetite of a peedeepee government with nothing better to do

2.is he to supposed to include in his rebuttal the fact that he reported or did not report the matter to the police?

3.there are cases where people just want issues resolved especially when the culprit is someone close to them.going by his rebittal,its apparent the paralegal was someone he placed enormous trust in.its safe to assume its someone he held in high esteem.if i were in his shoes,my priority wont be bringing the person to book,it will simply be clearing my name,taking the punishment and moving forward.

4.same as 3.in addition,people take responsibilities even for actions they have delegated

5.would you care to enlighten us as to how he used 2 names interchangeably?the man has been in the NASS since 2003 and since then has been addressed as gbajabiamila though most still shorten it to gbaja for easier pronunciation.the fact that he had gbaja on his passport isnt strange.or you expect him to burn all his previous documents?

6.mr man,he never changed his name.he simply shortened it which is common in this part of the world.my grandfather's family name is alashonla,when he got to the US,he decided to shorten it to alash.since then all his children either use alashonla or alash.they dont need an official change of name for that.

7.do you realise that INEC also requires a means of identification?do you also realise that the same passport would have been presented as a means of identification?do you also realise that all his previous documents would also be presented to INEC?

8.you cant jump to conclusions because you dont know when the issue was reported and when the letter was mailed

9.it seems you dont understand the chronology of events.he came to nigeria in 2002,won the election into the NASS in 2003,went to georgia in 2007 and was suspended for 36months.as you can see,as at the time he was contesting,there was no "alleged scam".by 2007,there was no "alleged scam" because the issue had been resolved.by 2011,there was no "alleged scam because the issue had been resolved

10.the "allaged scam" was published in a book about the lawmaker's foray into politics.on a rough estimate,such a book might take 1-2 years to write,proofread,edit,publish and launch.he didnt report it last month,it was included in the book right from the day it was written.

11.he is the leader of the opposition which is the same as minority leader.dare i say,he has done a good job,the best minority leader we have had since 1999

1) Absolute disclosure from Femi Gbaja or Femi Gbajabiamila will assist him when his so-called accusers take up your challenge.

2) Yes sir, because he said he could not trace the supposed paralegal. Missing persons are reported to the police. Especially when he is with your client's money.

3) Yes, I mentioned earlier that such cases may include PLEA BARGAIN. Is this a PLEA BARGAIN? We should know. People settle out of court all the time, but it comes with consequences such as this. Plus, part of clearing your name is helping the authority to bring culprits to book. The high esteem angle you are introducing is interesting, does it mean he bit the bullet for a bigger fish?

4) Yes, that is a great leadership quality. Another enviable leadership quality is transparency. So we won't think he is hiding something, he needs to disclose everything.

5) a) He said it himself. His passport bears Gbaja, (a passport is a legal document) and he uses Gbajabiamila with INEC. INEC's return certificate is a legal document. b) His published letter purportedly coming from State Bar of Georgia referred to him as Gbaja in 2010.

6) If he had submitted his passport as his means of identification, then INEC is either inept or corrupt, may be it was part of INEC's shenanigans in '03. The fact is that you cannot even register for a degree programme in Nigeria with that kind of double identity except you support it with an affidavit. You cannot be mobilized for NYSC with dual a identity, you cannot open a bank account in Nigeria with a dual identity etc. It is fraudulent, it is criminal.

7) You need a supporting legal document sworn to under oath to prove that you Lagbaja Alash is the same as Lagbaja Alashonla. The two are not the same. Another Lagbaja Alashoadura could present himself as yourself to claim he is Lagbaja Alash. Using your logic, it is perfectly normal to have Goodluck Jona in passport and Goodluck Jonathan in INEC form, the two names are different. Remember the Evan Enwerem and Evans Enwerem saga? Even with your logic, Femi has variants, Olufemi is different from Obafemi or Ogunfemi.

cool No I cannot, so when was the case reported? He said he doesn't have anything to hide. You cannot claim not to have anything to hide and then hold important information back.

9) I assume you mean that he went to Georgia in 2005, because that was what he said in his rebuttal. Then he didn't disclose it in '07 because it was trashed before the election? Fair enough! But he considered it necessary to publish it in his book in 2012 to show he has nothing to hide? That was five good years after the election and one clear year after another election in 2011. That is politically dishonest.

10) I live that to his constituents.

11) Yes, he should be confident of his status as the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, we operate a presidential system not a parliamentary system. Nancy Pelosi was the immediate past Speaker of the US Congress and she is confidently referred to as the Minority Leader presently. (Would Gbaja or Gbajabiamila not issue an impeachment notice to Goodluck Jonathan if he had referred to himself as the Head of State or Chancellor or Prime Minister of Nigeria instead of the President? Just wondering.)
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by porka: 12:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
Delafruita:

you want the atlanta people to get involved in an issue that has since been concluded and of which their letter states without ambiguity the standing of femi gbaja before them.
femi gbaja is not accused of misdemeanour,a record of a misdemeanour for which punishment has been meted and served is been brought to light because he moved to impeach the retardeen

is bill jefferson clinton the same as william jefferson clinton?
is richard cheney the same person as dick cheney?
is goodluck ebele jonathan the same as goodluck ebele azikiwe jonathan?
people shorten their names all over the world.some do it for election purposes.bukola saraki added abubakar to his name when he wanted to run for president.gbajabiamila is an influential name in lagos and it makes perfect sense to use it in place of gbaja especially for someone going into politics.
as for its legal use,you have to ask INEC if he gave them reason to doubt his identity

if there's any suspicion of dual identity,responsibility lies with INEC and the nigerian police.if they havent made any move,its because he satisfied their curiosity

nobody can impeach a president.only the national assembly can.however,it takes one person to move the motion and this time it was femi gbaja and he is been attacked just to show how desperate jonathan is to be a pharaoh.
femi has revealed what he has revealed.if you need more info,report to the police or efcc

already answered

where is the evidence that he agreed to be sanctioned in exchange for criminal charges?dont make assumptions.he was handed the full punishment for the misdemeanour which is 36months suspension.it might have resulted in criminal charges if he had refused to respond to the summon but he did

You are mixing things here.

William Jefferson Clinton is different from William Jefferson Clint

Richard Cheney is not the same as Richard Chen

Goodluck Jonathan is another personality from Goodluck Jona

If Clinton or Cheney's legal documents bear anything different from their official names without an affidavit I am sure you know that the Republican Party and the Democratic Party respectively would have shredded their political careers since. Sorry, you cannot spin this. It is criminal. Let him arrange for an affidavit quickly and publish in the newspaper.

I agree that no one (single) individual can impeach the president, but you must also know that impeachment is political and it is politically normal to rubbish your opponent's records, especially when he is the mover of an impeachment motion against you.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by boladez(m): 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2012
Gbajabiamilla, please know that as a Nigerian who wants a better future for my child ,You have my support to give clues to the clueless and head to the headless, Ignore the distractions and lets all focus on helping this president do something positive for Nigeria. It's not about complaining about Boko haram but dealing with the problem. Its not about removing subsidies but eradicating corruption.

Reasonable people know the snail brains around the president will attack the messenger and leave the message.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by Dotman01(m): 1:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
@porka. . Why are u asking a lot of questions? Dont u want gej to implement d budget or what?
gilgee: Why are majority of the posts against Mr. Gbaja and not in support of 100% budget implementation? Is it that the average Nigerian youth doesn't have enough intelligence to see the bigger picture?

Mr. Gbaja's doing and/or undoing has no direct bearing on Nigeria and her citizens in this context! The greater focus should be on what affects the interest of the populace: budget implementation!

I am unable to decipher the actual reason behind most Nigerians' love for mediocrity.

You should be clamouring for your president to completely implement the budget, and not typing your strength away on Mr. Gbaja's professional misconduct!

I really don't see Nigeria developing beyond what's obtainable today, if the youths continue to function with this mentality!

pls answer this question b4 ansking another.
LEAVE THE MESSENGER AND ACCEPT THE MESSAGE.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by earthgreeners(m): 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
Hon. Gbajabiamila plz help save our future by puttin d retardeen on his toes...

SO SAD SOME PEOPLE STILL REASON WITH THEIR BUTT..
IF YOU GET PUNISHED IN A CLASS FOR NOISE MAKING, IS IT THE SAME AS GETTING EXPELLED FOR BULLYING.

Porka is a waste to our generation he needs to end up at the landfill..

5 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by anonimi: 8:58am On Jul 29, 2012
Did Honourable(?) Femi Gbajabiamila aka Femi Gbaja also refund the illegitmate amount he has been receiving as salary and allowances beyond what is approved by RMAFC
How many bills has he sponsored in his nine years of legisLOOTING stay in NASS

Bloody hypocrite!!!
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by ODB1: 9:11am On Jul 29, 2012
Nairaland sef so It is ok for ACN thugs to steal and bad for anyone to support PDP?

Agbereos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fg Pays Oil Marketers Outstanding N48.2b Subsidy Arrears / Ondo Governorship: PDP Disowns Jimoh Ibrahim / FG Shielding Akpabio From Prosecution For Corrupt Allegation ― Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.