Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,169 members, 7,913,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 01:24 AM

Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety (10542 Views)

Remi Babalola: I Left Jonathan’s Govt Because Of Financial Mismanagement / Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega / ‎See The Words of Femi Gbajabiamila that Returned to Hunt Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by anonimi: 9:14am On Jul 29, 2012
pokkadot: Wednesday, July 25, 2012
FEMI GBAJABIAMILA REBUT'S ALLEGATIONS OF FINANCIAL IMPROPRIETY

RE: CAMPAIGN AND ALLEGATIONS AGAINST MY PERSON.......HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Let me state very clearly that yes I was sanctioned by the Georgia Bar Disciplinary Board for professional misconduct and negligence due to an unfortunate ethical violation that took place about 10 years ago in 2003. There are no ifs, buts or ands about it. However here are the facts. Verifiable facts.
1. I returned to Nigeria in 2002 to prepare for party primaries and general elections. Prior to leaving the US, I had left instructions with my paralegal to close out pending files when due. He had instructions to pay my client 25000 dollars whenever her cheque was sent in. The cheque did not come in until January 2003 as the records show and at which time I had already been in Nigeria for over 6 months. Unfortunately after paying in the cheque as instructed, he withdrew the money again as instructed with cheques I had given him for sundry matters and he never paid the client but made away with it.
2 . This did not come to my knowledge until I received a letter from the Georgia Bar in 2005. The letter was addressed to my Lagos address which I had left with the Georgia Bar as my contact address for any housekeeping matter that may arise after I might have left. It is necessary to state this as it is alleged that I absconded. On the contrary, i informed the State Bar that i was moving back to Nigeria anf left a forwarding address and email. Both remain valid till date.

So the Honourable (?) agrees to having committed "professional misconduct" in his own words.
He also admits he gave his paralegal cheques for sundry matters without having his account funded hence the sundry matters were paid out of his clients' $25,000 deposit

Should such a person be eligible for PUBLIC office?
Can he be eligible for PUBLIC office in the US in view of this ethical incident even though he owns up to committing the misconduct
Why should the standard Nigerians expect of their PUBLIC servants be lower than those of the Americans
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by anonimi: 9:48am On Jul 29, 2012
Contrary to what Femi Gbajabiamiala aka Femi Gbaja would have us think, his "professional misconduct" story broke on Nigerian news web site first in 2007 i.e. five years ago.

Lagos Rep. at the House of Representative in Fraud Scandal
Posted: September 17, 2007 - 01:00
Saharareporters, New York
Copy of the Bar decision available at the E-Library

http://www.saharareporters.com/www/e...detail/?id=108

The Nigerian lower house is full of shady characters as espoused by a recent revelation by the Supreme Court of Georgia in the US. Saharareporters found out that On February 26 2007 the highest court in the state of Georgia ordered that Femi Gbaja with state bar number 288330 be suspended from the practice of law for 36 months.

*The punishment for Femi Gbaja’s offence would have been outright debarment, however he played dead before a full panel of the Supreme Court of Georgia led by Chief Justice Leah Ward Sears,before the court could rule on the petition from his client, he filed a petition for Voluntary Discipline, filed under bar rule 4-227(b) in which he fully admitted to stealing $25,000 from his client.*

Femi Gbaja as he was known in the case file accepted payment of $25,000 as a personal injury claims and deposited those funds in his attorney trust account in January 2003. He failed to disburse the funds to his client; instead he withdrew the funds, closed his practice and left for Nigeria where he ran for elections to represent Surulere I Federal Constituency in the Federal House of Representative under the banner of Alliance for Democracy (AD) in 2003. Upon arrival in Nigeria, curiously, Mr. Femi Gbaja added another name to avoid detection, he is known in Nigeria with a compound name “Femi Gbaja-Biamila”.

*A cursory look at his bio on the website of the National Assembly (www.nassnig.org) also betrays his crooked intention to avoid detection, while he gave his undergraduate degree college as the University of Lagos; his US education was shrouded in mystery as he claimed to have attended John Marshall Law School, USA. True, Mr. Femi Gbaja is a graduate of John Marshall Law School in Atlanta, Georgia and was admitted to the Georgia State Bar in June 2001 but in the United States alone there are two of such law schools, one in Chicago and another one in Atlanta, Georgia where Femi Gbaja graduated.

In the Georgia Attorney Directory, Femi Gbaja gave his address as 20, Mercy Eneli Street Surulere, Lagos. He is said to have refunded the clients money ($25,000) in 2006 and his lawyers have already submitted a certification of compliance of the Supreme Court ruling as of March 2007. Making him ineligible to practice law in the State of Georgia until February 2010.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by lookmangiw(m): 11:50am On Jul 29, 2012
anonimi: Contrary to what Femi Gbajabiamiala aka Femi Gbaja would have us think, his "professional misconduct" story broke on Nigerian news web site first in 2007 i.e. five years ago.

so this 'member of 40 laptop squad' could use sahara reporters as reference to backup his cooked up points. These guys (beaf their leader inclusive) are just bunch of scumbags and hyprocrite.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by ODB1: 11:52am On Jul 29, 2012
lookmangiw: so this 'member of 40 laptop squad' could use sahara reporters as reference to backup his cooked up points. These guys (beaf their leader inclusive) are just bunch of scumbags and hyprocrite.

No my friend, you are the one seething with hypocrisies.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by inene: 7:46am On Jul 30, 2012
This is how men of honour should act. i have great respect for Hon Gbajiamiala. This is straight forward explanation without beating about the bush. Let the traducers also ask Mr. President declare his assets publicly just as President Yaradua did. He must walk the talk if he wants us to take him seriously, its as simple as that.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rebut's Allegations Of Financial Impropriety by FJCRUISER: 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
Delafruita:
how ironic coming from the special adviser to the retardeen on nairaland affairs.
all tiefs tink alike whether ur fada or femi. d yorubas r such fraud ? dey like big false lives. na wah fr naija . fraud ,lies , tiefing , hunga , poverty , etc . God ve mercy pls .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan And The $31bn Question - El Rufai / Don’t Sell NLNG or other critical assets, RMAFC Advises FG / Cheap Blackmail Won't Stop Us From Winning 2023 Presidential Election - LP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.