Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 (38511 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less / N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Abbey2sam(m): 7:21am On Nov 07, 2013
Basic: OP, don't be surprised if some of those who advised you to steal the money come on this thread and shower accolades on you. But deep inside them, they're like "this guy na big time MF!"

You're right bro, everyone have conscience and know the different between good and bad I won't be surprise if 90% of the people praising him now advised him other wise in his earlier tread..........

But they are happy that he did the right tin

#be the change you want to see
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Abbey2sam(m): 7:26am On Nov 07, 2013
I pray that everyone praising this brave man can equally act like this in our society.....

Then we are in the process of transformation

#hopefornigeria
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by darelar(m): 7:51am On Nov 07, 2013
Am really happy for your courage to make the bold step in returning what is not yours. May Almighty God reward you abundantly Ameen. You have laid a legacy for your children and many Nigeria's as some will emulate it.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by chiogoezubem(f): 8:00am On Nov 07, 2013
360command: Good of you, its better to remain poor than been a fugitive @ large. You have inspired us all. To those banks who advised you to withdraw the money, it just shows that bankers they suffer for 9ja. Their eye don red.

Did he say banks advised him to withdraw the money? I don't think so. Pls go back and be sure. This is what he said/wrote " two guys from the banking hall curse me and my entire generation for returning a huge amount of money worth 800k. " It could be anybody from the customers to the staffs.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Ugosample(m): 8:24am On Nov 07, 2013
That's good bro. Peace of mind is priceless. If you had taken that money, trust me, each time you hear a knock at the door, your heart will tremble. Anyway, let me share a brief experience. In my first year, an uncle of mine sent me #4000 as dash money. The cashier accidentally typed 40000 instead of 4000. I told my uncle, i went to the bank accessbank, they traced the teller number amd reversed the transaction. My room mates were furious with me, calling me names. One even called the event God's blessing i threw away. How did we get into this mess in this country? Everyone looking for free money. This must change.

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by superior494(m): 9:06am On Nov 07, 2013
Thumps up @Op. U did 1dafully well. It's always good to be good!
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by cherriex(f): 9:16am On Nov 07, 2013
Well done,u've earned yourself respect and also a virtue to be proud of,u've got new friendship based on trust cos u never can tell how nd where the winds of life will take you too beside if hd withdrw d money u will still be traced.God wil reward u only a greedy man will think 20k is too small wen d money in nt actually his.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by tete7000(m): 9:20am On Nov 07, 2013
dryakson: Good day nairalanders,
I posted how 800,000 naira was deposited into my account from an unknown person last week and the advices I got from my fellow nairalanders inspired me while some is the other way round.. Who no want money, I like it too but the consequences that will follow is the Wahala.. Lol.
I went to the bank and asked for my account break down and the consumer icare lady break the account details including the last deposit of the 800,000 naira without any suspicious from her... Happy happy...
I asked her for the phone number attached to the teller that sent 800,000 naira last week and she did I thank her and went outside the banking hall.
I called the number and a female voice pops out of the speaker she asked who I was but I ignore her question and ask her if she made any deposit of money last week, but said NO.... ALERT! ALERT!....
2 minutes later she called and said her husband who is currently in USA sent money to his brother's account here in Nigeria before his journey last week and that the brother is also in USA with him according to her the brother (account owner) will be back to Nigeria in 1 week time, I also asked if she received any alert about the money with her number but she said she don't know why she stop receiving alert... ......... She was alerted too.
She asked if I was a banker but I said no, I asked her to send me her husband number but she hang the call.
5 minutes later a foreign number came in I assume it to be the depositor calling with USA number.
He asked who I was and how I got his wife phone number, I narrated how the money was sent to my account and how I got his wife's number. bla... Bla..... Bla
According to him, the teller is with him in USA, I returned to the bank and tell the lady all what had happened she was amazed at how my names as well as the account number is thesame except the difference of one number which is 7 in mine and 2 on his brothers own .
The manager arrived and ask the depositor to scan and send the copy of the teller for verification. It was concluded that the money was for him.
The manager thanks me and introduces me to the workers as well as the customers as a loyal and a good Patriotic Nigerian. According to the manager I made a good decision of reporting to the bank unlike other people who will withdraw and spent the money and later paid and charge for fraudulent.
In the other hand, the wife, her husband and the owner of the account thanks me then asked the manager to leave #20,000 while he transfer the remaining #780,000 to the other account, he promised to be calling me anytime.

What surprises me was how two guys from the banking hall curse me and my entire generation for returning a huge amount of money worth 800k. according to them, I should have withdraw the money and Run to outside country, I laughed and go my way.

I have no regrets what so ever
And if you were in my shoe, what will you do in this situation?

Let's hear your say

You can ask any question
Thank you for doing this country proud. May God bless you. Nothing rewards more like virtues, dishonesty and vices leads nowhere; end is destruction even when it initially looks rewarding. Keep it up.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by folahann(m): 9:27am On Nov 07, 2013
I'm sure some of the people that cursed you must have insulted some politicians one time our the other. They must have accused them of corruption but now they see an honest person, now they begin to curse.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by ChiSun27(m): 9:31am On Nov 07, 2013
I still believe in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by proclivity: 10:15am On Nov 07, 2013
well done OP...but the grammatical blunders sha! felt like weeping
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Orokita(m): 11:41am On Nov 07, 2013
According to him, the teller is with him in USA, I returned to the bank and tell the lady all what had happened she was amazed at how my names as well as the account number is the same except the difference of one number which is 7 in mine and 2 on his brothers own .

I'm i the only one that thinks there's something fishy/fake about this "tales by moonlight??" what are the odds for the above happening?

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by ollyruffy: 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2013
OP, you have done excellently.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by beordune(m): 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2013
grin Many would withdraw the money and run for cover, forgetting they had their original info on the mandate given to the bank during account opening process..

A good Name is far better than Gold and silver.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by oduz: 12:21pm On Nov 07, 2013
abduldope: guy abt takin a jornalist to d bank n be a HERO dat means no reward frm GOd i guess... Cus it wld sound as if u do am jst mk pple HAIL U

SORRY Sir. I humbly beg to disiagree, U guessed wrongly, u missed it, your 'meaning' of Hero is not very correct, & pedestrian, common bus-stop usage.

Access to dictionary is now free on the net

Hero: person of noble Qualities, ideaalized for courage, outstanding achievement

A Journalist on the other hand is basically a trained dutiful public witness, who help to reflect all sides to a case.
Don't forget that if the case had been the error of an official without conscience, attempt may be made to turn OP to a victim. This was done to a student of the Polytechnic Ibadan a few years ago ...........
Best wishes
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by TRhanco(f): 2:05pm On Nov 07, 2013
don't worry, you did right.
dryakson: my brother I didn't ask any money from him he just decide on his own
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Boll2010: 2:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
pc guru:

People like this are what's wrong with this country moral down the drains.
nawa for you......so cuz I get ideas I no get morals.....make I see the money with an half chance lord knows its going to be mine......u can say anytn you want.....I be naija boy......born to make possiblity out of everytn!! Nansense!!
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by vitaeterna: 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2013
Can i have your number?
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by osa332003(m): 3:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
good job my bro,hw many people like u left in this great country today?for me u are a hero think of the temptation and stress u would have gone through possible humilation beaten by police u will still pay and do time in jail,u were nt badly rewarded 20,000.its ok but personally i would have given 50,000.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by prince13: 4:15pm On Nov 07, 2013
IF I WERE IN YOUR SHOE,I WOULD HAVE DONE EXACTLY THE SAME THING,YOU HAVE JUST DONE THE RIGTH THING.
I posted how 800,000 naira was deposited into my account from an unknown person last week and the advices I got from my fellow nairalanders inspired me while some is the other way round.. Who no want money, I like it too but the consequences that will follow is the Wahala.. Lol.
I went to the bank and asked for my account break down and the consumer icare lady break the account details including the last deposit of the 800,000 naira without any suspicious from her... Happy happy...
I asked her for the phone number attached to the teller that sent 800,000 naira last week and she did I thank her and went outside the banking hall.
I called the number and a female voice pops out of the speaker she asked who I was but I ignore her question and ask her if she made any deposit of money last week, but said NO.... ALERT! ALERT!....
2 minutes later she called and said her husband who is currently in USA sent money to his brother's account here in Nigeria before his journey last week and that the brother is also in USA with him according to her the brother (account owner) will be back to Nigeria in 1 week time, I also asked if she received any alert about the money with her number but she said she don't know why she stop receiving alert... ......... She was alerted too.
She asked if I was a banker but I said no, I asked her to send me her husband number but she hang the call.
5 minutes later a foreign number came in I assume it to be the depositor calling with USA number.
He asked who I was and how I got his wife phone number, I narrated how the money was sent to my account and how I got his wife's number. bla... Bla..... Bla
According to him, the teller is with him in USA, I returned to the bank and tell the lady all what had happened she was amazed at how my names as well as the account number is thesame except the difference of one number which is 7 in mine and 2 on his brothers own .
The manager arrived and ask the depositor to scan and send the copy of the teller for verification. It was concluded that the money was for him.
The manager thanks me and introduces me to the workers as well as the customers as a loyal and a good Patriotic Nigerian. According to the manager I made a good decision of reporting to the bank unlike other people who will withdraw and spent the money and later paid and charge for fraudulent.
In the other hand, the wife, her husband and the owner of the account thanks me then asked the manager to leave #20,000 while he transfer the remaining #780,000 to the other account, he promised to be calling me anytime.

What surprises me was how two guys from the banking hall curse me and my entire generation for returning a huge amount of money worth 800k. according to them, I should have withdraw the money and Run to outside country, I laughed and go my way.

Let's hear your say

You can ask any question
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
dryakson: I was surprised at the user above he asked for my bank details and he transfer 5,000 naira to my account as a reward .
Thought he was joking, may God reward and shower his blessings, mercy and protection on you and your entire family.....
Thanks once again
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy This is EPIC.....Na u dey reign ooo, everybody jst dey send u money shocked cheesy tongue This is super storyyyyyyyyy, a life of strive n sorrow... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Crixina(f): 5:22pm On Nov 07, 2013
Boll2010: But Op u aint wise jst admit it.........the way you pictured the design was not from an entrepreneur perspective at all.......next tym keep the money for 4months in the same account,after four months invest the money into a small bizness.....by that you wld v gained some intrest greater than 20k......let me help you out if you had that 800k you wld setup a gud bakery biz,rather wastin tym sayn no employment,n if u v a job,then it wld be a bonus pay.......now capital is gone to stat sumtn,u left with 20k wey no rch boys spend a nyt.......if you invested the money I'm sure if the bank later get to knw they wld v paid the money n come back looking for you......n if you knw ur rights the bank wld v to give you limited tym to pay back their money,ny so doing you wld v yield intrest........jst my view........but God knw say I no go pay am back,cuz bank self no go pay me back! And for the man to give 20k it shows if he was in your shoe,he won't return the money.......use ya brain........when life throws lemon make lemonade.......them dangote,adenuga,otedola........were all smart with their first dough
...and he just said to himself I'm a very smart guy.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Boll2010: 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2013
Crixina: ...and he just said to himself I'm a very smart guy.
is this the only thing you could write,whether good or bad,I made a comment.....kindly make yours n forget what I wrote!
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by dryakson(m): 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
vitaeterna: Can i have your number?
yeah this my email musa.yakubu61@yahoo.com will send the number via your mail
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by jahlove4jah: 7:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
to one who is loyal, God will act in loyalty.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by guiddoti: 9:33pm On Nov 07, 2013

Let's hear your say

You can ask any question
I am happy that you did return the money. Little is much when God is in it.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by guiddoti: 9:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ujujoan:

Actually what surprises me is the fact that you would even consider keeping the money in the first place . . .

Going to the extent of calling the owners meant you were expecting something in return and that is wrong . . . You should have just reported to the bank and let them sort their problem out!

Na wah . . .
woman so your brain can't think straight. The guy wants to be sure. If you were in his shoes what would you have done?

2 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 08, 2013
This guy na Ode oh! Walahi if na me ehn! Mouth sealed. But good job anyways! God bless you! But next time make u use ur brain.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by wabol68: 9:43am On Nov 08, 2013
You did very well,i know a person who did the opposite of your action,he is still paying the price til date.Enjoy the amount given to you from their consent with peaceful mind.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 08, 2013
Boll2010: nawa for you......so cuz I get ideas I no get morals.....make I see the money with an half chance lord knows its going to be mine......u can say anytn you want.....I be naija boy......born to make possiblity out of everytn!! Nansense!!
Well yes you don't have, doesn't mean you won't be rich.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Successguilders: 6:51pm On Nov 08, 2013
Doing good pays

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Paddy Adenuga Agrees To Be Jailed Instead Of Marrying His Ex / Ice Block Making Business / Entrepreneurship - Is It For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.