Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 (38504 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less / N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Profeme: 9:54pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ujujoan:

Actually what surprises me is the fact that you would even consider keeping the money in the first place . . .

Going to the extent of calling the owners meant you were expecting something in return and that is wrong . . . You should have just reported to the bank and let them sort their problem out!

Na wah . . .
There is nothing one can do to satisfy everyone. You reported to the bank and made efforts to get to the root of the problem ... Some are not happy with that. You collected 20k ...still some are not satisfy wit that. If you have not collected the money, some will still not be ok. @OP I believe you did the right thing. May God bless you.

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by lomprico(m): 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
Op I don't belive ur story. How were dey able to fish out d teller dat has d number dat fast? Being that u waited for more than a week after d money was sent to ur acct. I remember sending money to a wrong acct one time n 2 days later wen I went to rectify it, it took them anoda 2 days to fish out the duplicate teller with because of the multitude of oda tellers dat was dropped wit dem. And bankers just don't give out depositors number like that!

2 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by dryakson(m): 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
bigx:

@OP check ur account grin
Buy recharge card wink
I was surprised at the user above he asked for my bank details and he transfer 5,000 naira to my account as a reward .
Thought he was joking, may God reward and shower his blessings, mercy and protection on you and your entire family.....
Thanks once again

5 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Boll2010: 10:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
But Op u aint wise jst admit it.........the way you pictured the design was not from an entrepreneur perspective at all.......next tym keep the money for 4months in the same account,after four months invest the money into a small bizness.....by that you wld v gained some intrest greater than 20k......let me help you out if you had that 800k you wld setup a gud bakery biz,rather wastin tym sayn no employment,n if u v a job,then it wld be a bonus pay.......now capital is gone to stat sumtn,u left with 20k wey no rch boys spend a nyt.......if you invested the money I'm sure if the bank later get to knw they wld v paid the money n come back looking for you......n if you knw ur rights the bank wld v to give you limited tym to pay back their money,ny so doing you wld v yield intrest........jst my view........but God knw say I no go pay am back,cuz bank self no go pay me back! And for the man to give 20k it shows if he was in your shoe,he won't return the money.......use ya brain........when life throws lemon make lemonade.......them dangote,adenuga,otedola........were all smart with their first dough
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
Wow, the coincidence here is alarming! Obviously same name, because the teller must have confirmed the account detail before posting, nearly the same account number but for the 2 and 7!
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by bigx(m): 10:10pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson: I was surprised at the user above he asked for my bank details and he transfer 5,000 naira to my account as a reward .
Thought he was joking, may God reward and shower his blessings, mercy and protection on you and your entire family.....
Thanks once again

Amen smiley

@All, I don't care if the story is true or not, but we should support Good Deeds,
If we keep making People who do good feel stupid I weep for the future of this country.

Encourage the OP,

See Link Below:

http://www.wsfa.com/story/23459784/montgomery-native-raises-50k-for-homeless-bostonian-who-did-good-deed
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by dryakson(m): 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2013
Boll2010: But Op u aint wise jst admit it.........the way you pictured the design was not from an entrepreneur perspective at all.......next tym keep the money for 4months in the same account,after four months invest the money into a small bizness.....by that you wld v gained some intrest greater than 20k......let me help you out if you had that 800k you wld setup a gud bakery biz,rather wastin tym sayn no employment,n if u v a job,then it wld be a bonus pay.......now capital is gone to stat sumtn,u left with 20k wey no rch boys spend a nyt.......if you invested the money I'm sure if the bank later get to knw they wld v paid the money n come back looking for you......n if you knw ur rights the bank wld v to give you limited tym to pay back their money,ny so doing you wld v yield intrest........jst my view........but God knw say I no go pay am back,cuz bank self no go pay me back! And for the man to give 20k it shows if he was in your shoe,he won't return the money.......use ya brain........when life throws lemon make lemonade.......them dangote,adenuga,otedola........were all smart with their first dough
the owner of the account will be back from USA in 1weak time with the teller. If he discovered that the money is not in his account,he will complain to the bank the elder brother deposited the money and you know what will follow back
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by dryakson(m): 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
bigx:

Amen smiley
have you received my mail?
Pls send me your phone number
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by bigx(m): 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
Boll2010: But Op u aint wise jst admit it.........the way you pictured the design was not from an entrepreneur perspective at all.......next tym keep the money for 4months in the same account,after four months invest the money into a small bizness.....by that you wld v gained some intrest greater than 20k......let me help you out if you had that 800k you wld setup a gud bakery biz,rather wastin tym sayn no employment,n if u v a job,then it wld be a bonus pay.......now capital is gone to stat sumtn,u left with 20k wey no rch boys spend a nyt.......if you invested the money I'm sure if the bank later get to knw they wld v paid the money n come back looking for you......n if you knw ur rights the bank wld v to give you limited tym to pay back their money,ny so doing you wld v yield intrest........jst my view........but God knw say I no go pay am back,cuz bank self no go pay me back! And for the man to give 20k it shows if he was in your shoe,he won't return the money.......use ya brain........when life throws lemon make lemonade.......them dangote,adenuga,otedola........were all smart with their first dough

^^^ Business is not an exact science. You can loose money as fast as you can make it.
Dangote had a Loan (legal) don't know about the rest but stolen money usually grows wings, trust me
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Boll2010: 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson: the owner of the account will be back from USA in 1weak time with the teller. If he discovered that the money is not in his account,he will complain to the bank the elder brother deposited the money and you know what will follow back
wetin concern you.....I told you to leave sumtn for 4month hasn't dat cover up for the one week arrival......till he goes to bank.....n if he didn't go,gudluck to u wit a cap sef......man try to be a fast reasoner nxtym ooo.....no be naija we dey wey sumpple go lost money go talk say dem no fit go tru d stressful process to retrieve it.....simply cuz they v got more dan enuf....mister abeg respect yasef
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by dryakson(m): 10:21pm On Nov 06, 2013
bigx:

Amen smiley

@All, I don't care if the story is true or not, but we should support Good Deeds,
If we keep making People who do good feel stupid I weep for the future of this country.

Encourage the OP,

See Link Below:

http://www.wsfa.com/story/23459784/montgomery-native-raises-50k-for-homeless-bostonian-who-did-good-deed
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by bigx(m): 10:21pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson: have you received my mail?
Pls send me your phone number

Let me check it now
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Boll2010: 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
bigx:

^^^ Business is not an exact science. You can loose money as fast as you can make it.
Dangote had a Loan (legal) don't know about the rest but stolen money usually grows wings, trust me
don't tell me you can loose in biz......y can't u tel me you can gain in biz......its all abt RISK.....me replyin you is a risk.......be a risk taker b4 you can rch sum certain heights.....mind you dangote took some risk to invest billions of dollars in some project........chevron took risk durin the NIGER delta crisis then.....n its still payn off
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
Boll2010: wetin concern you.....I told you to leave sumtn for 4month hasn't dat cover up for the one week arrival......till he goes to bank.....n if he didn't go,gudluck to u wit a cap sef......man try to be a fast reasoner nxtym ooo.....no be naija we dey wey sumpple go lost money go talk say dem no fit go tru d stressful process to retrieve it.....simply cuz they v got more dan enuf....mister abeg respect yasef

People like this are what's wrong with this country moral down the drains.

2 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by bigx(m): 10:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
Boll2010: don't tell me you can loose in biz......y can't u tel me you can gain in biz......its all abt RISK.....me replyin you is a risk.......be a risk taker b4 you can rch sum certain heights.....mind you dangote took some risk to invest billions of dollars in some project........chevron took risk durin the NIGER delta crisis then.....n its still payn off

I've been in Business for years, I've lost Huge sums, made Huge sums, so I'm speaking from experience.
I said "You can loose money as fast as you can make it", its a 2 way street
I'm probably the biggest risk-taker you'd ever meet trust me, even tending towards reckless in taking opportunities.
But what I would NEVER do is steal
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by oladapolif: 11:05pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ode of life...lol

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by lacastre: 11:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
good of u..we still av pple who don't believe money get u richer.keep it up bro.in one way or d other u av establish a positive relationship with som pple.

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by akraym(m): 11:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
Seriously, OP you are a smello for returning the money. 800k, them give u 20k you come dey happy say wetin.

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Kilichi: 11:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
God is the one that rewards not man
You did well.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by bigfrancis21: 11:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson: Good day nairalanders,
I posted how 800,000 naira was deposited into my account from an unknown person last week and the advices I got from my fellow nairalanders inspired me while some is the other way round.. Who no want money, I like it too but the consequences that will follow is the Wahala.. Lol.
I went to the bank and asked for my account break down and the consumer icare lady break the account details including the last deposit of the 800,000 naira without any suspicious from her... Happy happy...
I asked her for the phone number attached to the teller that sent 800,000 naira last week and she did I thank her and went outside the banking hall.
I called the number and a female voice pops out of the speaker she asked who I was but I ignore her question and ask her if she made any deposit of money last week, but said NO.... ALERT! ALERT!....
2 minutes later she called and said her husband who is currently in USA sent money to his brother's account here in Nigeria before his journey last week and that the brother is also in USA with him according to her the brother (account owner) will be back to Nigeria in 1 week time, I also asked if she received any alert about the money with her number but she said she don't know why she stop receiving alert... ......... She was alerted too.
She asked if I was a banker but I said no, I asked her to send me her husband number but she hang the call.
5 minutes later a foreign number came in I assume it to be the depositor calling with USA number.
He asked who I was and how I got his wife phone number, I narrated how the money was sent to my account and how I got his wife's number. bla... Bla..... Bla
According to him, the teller is with him in USA, I returned to the bank and tell the lady all what had happened she was amazed at how my names as well as the account number is thesame except the difference of one number which is 7 in mine and 2 on his brothers own .
The manager arrived and ask the depositor to scan and send the copy of the teller for verification. It was concluded that the money was for him.
The manager thanks me and introduces me to the workers as well as the customers as a loyal and a good Patriotic Nigerian. According to the manager I made a good decision of reporting to the bank unlike other people who will withdraw and spent the money and later paid and charge for fraudulent.
In the other hand, the wife, her husband and the owner of the account thanks me then asked the manager to leave #20,000 while he transfer the remaining #780,000 to the other account, he promised to be calling me anytime.

What surprises me was how two guys from the banking hall curse me and my entire generation for returning a huge amount of money worth 800k. according to them, I should have withdraw the money and Run to outside country, I laughed and go my way.

I have no regrets what so ever
And if you were in my shoe, what will you do in this situation?

Let's hear your say

You can ask any question

I was very touched by this kind act of yours. You're a rare breed.

You did well to return the money to the owner despite the temptation to keep it. You might think that this is a small thing you just did but you don't know that this is a big act in the eyes of God. It is little acts of kindness like this that pleases God. Regret not for your rewards are in a hundred folds and when they start coming back to you they come back in a thousand and one ways and hundreds of measures more than whatever little pleasures you would have gotten from spending the money if you had kept it.

Finally, your rewards don't end here. They continue in the afterlife. Remain good, it pays.

You're blessed. Keep it up.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by mkoabiola: 11:58pm On Nov 06, 2013
Mr 9ce guy,@all@all na hm bad pass.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by sombrady(m): 12:03am On Nov 07, 2013
U DID THE RIGHT THING.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by logica(m): 12:04am On Nov 07, 2013
dryakson:
What surprises me was how two guys from the banking hall curse me and my entire generation for returning a huge amount of money worth 800k. according to them, I should have withdraw the money and Run to outside country, I laughed and go my way.
They didn't curse you; they cursed themselves because they will die in penury. That same poverty that made them think 800k is so much money that you can steal and run. I can assure you, their generations will be grappling with poverty for some time to come. You on the other hand by returning the money definitely have it in your subconscious that you can make way more than that legitimately; and you will.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by dnative(m): 12:09am On Nov 07, 2013
[url=https://www.nairaland.com/1502319/n800000-credit-alert-unknown-person]
According to him, the teller is with him in USA, I returned to the bank and tell the lady all what had happened she was amazed at how my names as well as the account number is thesame except the difference of one number which is 7 in mine and 2 on his brothers own .
The manager arrived and ask the depositor to scan and send the copy of the teller for verification. It was concluded that the money was for him.

Presuming this is not by design to launder money on the pretext of transferring to a wrong account. May sound far-fetched but have learnt not to rule anything out.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by mkoabiola: 12:45am On Nov 07, 2013
Ds is a well scripted story.tell us d bank and branch.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by ATMCARD2(m): 12:46am On Nov 07, 2013
D man tried by gvng u up2 20k,hw abt sm1 dat returnd 18M n he was gvng 18K?Only God wl reward u accordingly bt mek sure u dn't use d moni 4 alomo.

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by ummitoagirl(f): 1:10am On Nov 07, 2013
I was supposed to send 20k to a friend in naija, The sender mistakenly sent 70k, the friend called to thank me & I was shocked & told him straight away I sent 20k.
The friend started acting funny when I told him he will return the 50k, he started giving excuses etc...After a few days, he returned the money & the transfer ppl gave him 5k extra to say thanks.
I was glad, In fairness, if he didn't return the money, then he will surely lose triple that amount in future & I will pray the money washes away all my bad omen/health, luck etc...we will dash that friend.

I also sent 20k to my grandma a few weeks back to say happy eid, I mistakenly again sent the wrong account details! thank God, it didn't go into any account...It was on hold till we gave them the correct account number.

You have done well poster! God will surely reward you & grant u ur own funds! That's the right thing to do...

NB: If you found the money somewhere (outdoors) without any owner, & you believe the next person to find it will keep it, then in that case, you should keep such money!.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by holarmum: 1:54am On Nov 07, 2013
U've don a grt job.....God in heaven shall reward u..........kudos 4 u
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 3:00am On Nov 07, 2013
THREAD CLOSED
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by pendusky(m): 5:32am On Nov 07, 2013
GOD BLESS YOU FOR UR SINCERE ACT
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by allisonluvsu(m): 6:12am On Nov 07, 2013
A blessed 20,000 naira is better than a cursed 800,000 thousand naira. You should have it in mind dat u have opened the door of ur blessing
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Abbey2sam(m): 7:14am On Nov 07, 2013
I posted how 800,000 naira was deposited into my account from an unknown person last week and the advices I got from my fellow nairalanders inspired me while some is the other way round.. Who no want money, I like it too but the consequences that will follow is the Wahala.. Lol.
I went to the bank and asked for my account break down and the consumer icare lady break the account details including the last deposit of the 800,000 naira without any suspicious from her... Happy happy...
I asked her for the phone number attached to the teller that sent 800,000 naira last week and she did I thank her and went outside the banking hall.
I called the number and a female voice pops out of the speaker she asked who I was but I ignore her question and ask her if she made any deposit of money last week, but said NO.... ALERT! ALERT!....
2 minutes later she called and said her husband who is currently in USA sent money to his brother's account here in Nigeria before his journey last week and that the brother is also in USA with him according to her the brother (account owner) will be back to Nigeria in 1 week time, I also asked if she received any alert about the money with her number but she said she don't know why she stop receiving alert... ......... She was alerted too.
She asked if I was a banker but I said no, I asked her to send me her husband number but she hang the call.
5 minutes later a foreign number came in I assume it to be the depositor calling with USA number.
He asked who I was and how I got his wife phone number, I narrated how the money was sent to my account and how I got his wife's number. bla... Bla..... Bla
The manager thanks me and introduces me to the workers as well as the customers as a loyal and a good Patriotic Nigerian. According to the manager I made a good decision of reporting to the bank unlike other people who will withdraw and spent the money and later paid and charge for fraudulent.
In the other hand, the wife, her husband and the owner of the account thanks me then asked the manager to leave #20,000 while he transfer the remaining #780,000 to the other account, he promised to be calling me anytime.

I have no regrets what so ever
And if you were in my shoe, what will you do in this situation?

Let's hear your say

You can ask any question

Hausa people have adage that says
"kadan mai albarka"

It mean that small part they left for you in your acct is a blessing to you and God can multiply it.........

Kudos bro, you're a very brave person, though the ignorant ones wld call you all sort of name but I tell something your name will be acknowledge one day and you will be surprise.

God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Paddy Adenuga Agrees To Be Jailed Instead Of Marrying His Ex / Ice Block Making Business / Entrepreneurship - Is It For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.