Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 (38506 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less / N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by LawChick: 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
The Promise - A Nairalander gets a monthly free GIFT from mytrendyitems.com

Though its still early to decide who gets this gift for November, the selfless act of one Nairalander by name - Dryakson
has convinced us that he gets this months gift unopposed! He won because he did this -
READ ABOUT IT HERE

So Dryakson, well done to you, Nigeria needs more people like you, take it from me that you are now a Nairaland Hero. In fact you are a National hero. You can decide to follow oduz idea, or something. This thing you did needs to be promoted more then the so called STARS. The bank should had done more for you simply because your deed gives people hope, we seriously need hope in this country.

Your gift pack is ready, pls call Eno on 07031357736 to claim.

Once again, congrats!

Your Fan,

LawChick

2 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nicepoker(m): 6:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
Op u think say i no sabi u? Swear say u no dey Togo now de chop the guy money.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Bash92(m): 6:40pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ymodulus:

Lets solve Nigeria's problem by KILLING a 160 Million Nigerians.(100MIllion Hausa's, 30Million Yorubas, 30Million Igbos). | | | We can do it. By donating 1GUN to every 10-14year old.
How your body nao?
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by saintgwizard(m): 6:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
God bless you. Never listen to people like those two guys. What is 800k compared to your great future. You did the right thing man.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Osamabinladin: 6:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
Who is this? Step aside joor!
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Bash92(m): 6:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
Thank you @ op for doing the GOOD NEEDFULL and NOT THE BAD NEEDFULL
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by pheemmii(m): 6:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
Yes, I told you then that you can know the depositor via his/her phone number. Weldone, God bless you

dryakson: Good day nairalanders,
I posted how 800,000 naira was deposited into my account from an unknown person last week and the advices I got from my fellow nairalanders inspired me while some is the other way round.. Who no want money, I like it too but the consequences that will follow is the Wahala.. Lol.
I went to the bank and asked for my account break down and the consumer icare lady break the account details including the last deposit of the 800,000 naira without any suspicious from her... Happy happy...
I asked her for the phone number attached to the teller that sent 800,000 naira last week and she did I thank her and went outside the banking hall.
I called the number and a female voice pops out of the speaker she asked who I was but I ignore her question and ask her if she made any deposit of money last week, but said NO.... ALERT! ALERT!....
2 minutes later she called and said her husband who is currently in USA sent money to his brother's account here in Nigeria before his journey last week and that the brother is also in USA with him according to her the brother (account owner) will be back to Nigeria in 1 week time, I also asked if she received any alert about the money with her number but she said she don't know why she stop receiving alert... ......... She was alerted too.
She asked if I was a banker but I said no, I asked her to send me her husband number but she hang the call.
5 minutes later a foreign number came in I assume it to be the depositor calling with USA number.
He asked who I was and how I got his wife phone number, I narrated how the money was sent to my account and how I got his wife's number. bla... Bla..... Bla
According to him, the teller is with him in USA, I returned to the bank and tell the lady all what had happened she was amazed at how my names as well as the account number is thesame except the difference of one number which is 7 in mine and 2 on his brothers own .
The manager arrived and ask the depositor to scan and send the copy of the teller for verification. It was concluded that the money was for him.
The manager thanks me and introduces me to the workers as well as the customers as a loyal and a good Patriotic Nigerian. According to the manager I made a good decision of reporting to the bank unlike other people who will withdraw and spent the money and later paid and charge for fraudulent.
In the other hand, the wife, her husband and the owner of the account thanks me then asked the manager to leave #20,000 while he transfer the remaining #780,000 to the other account, he promised to be calling me anytime.

What surprises me was how two guys from the banking hall curse me and my entire generation for returning a huge amount of money worth 800k. according to them, I should have withdraw the money and Run to outside country, I laughed and go my way.

I have no regrets what so ever
And if you were in my shoe, what will you do in this situation?

Let's hear your say

You can ask any question
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
burries ma head in shame.. oga sorry for d wrong advise on d former thread.. anywayx am so inspired and av learnt sumtin. it pays to be good at all tyms...

3 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Wahala90: 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson:
In the other hand, the wife, her husband and the owner of the account thanks me then asked the manager to leave #20,000 while he transfer the remaining #780,000 to the other account, he promised to be calling me anytime.

See what I mean. You fit even pass here get husband if you need one! It is good to be good.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by saintgwizard(m): 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Madam Uju!

Legally! He had absolutely no obligation whatsoever to return that money.

He didnt steal it.

The Bank would also not be held liable except it was discovered that the error was made by a cashier or a system error, in which case the bank would pay the owner his money and either plead with the OP to return the money or just move on.

#I'm not a lawyer o!! But I doubt he can be arrested for theft or fraud or any other criminal charge.

#Finders Keepers!

He will be arrested and charged to court. I know two diffrernt peopple it happened to. Infact one of them had to pay for 3 million that was paid into his account in error-this was after a banker shared it with him with the assurance he will noot be found out.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by otikpoko(m): 6:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson: You can ask any question

Are you a Jehovah's Witness?
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by bigx(m): 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson: please read the story again.
The man sent the money to his brother's account before he left for USA that same day or so and the number on the teller is for his wife also the brother is also in USA but be back in week time.

@OP check ur account grin
Buy recharge card wink
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Wilife: 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
@dryakson

If we all behave like u.....this country will fare better...

I have a gift for you....Do u mind sharing your details with me....wilife1@yahoo.com

God bless u real good...

2 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Iniotong(m): 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2013
Would have done the same cheesy
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by oolumide: 7:22pm On Nov 06, 2013
@poster. You have not done anything too fantastic. What u have done is what you have done. Imargine the consequence if you had withdrawn or spend the money. Any ways you tried sha. It was never your money.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Chizua(m): 7:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson: Good day nairalanders,
I posted how 800,000 naira was deposited into my account from an unknown person last week and the advices I got from my fellow nairalanders inspired me while some is the other way round.. Who no want money, I like it too but the consequences that will follow is the Wahala.. Lol.
I went to the bank and asked for my account
break down and the consumer icare lady break the account details including the last deposit of the 800,000 naira without any suspicious from her... Happy happy...
I asked her for the phone number attached to the teller that sent 800,000 naira last week and she did I thank her and went outside the banking hall.
I called the number and a female voice pops out of the speaker she asked who I was but I ignore her question and ask her if she made any deposit of money last week, but said NO.... ALERT! ALERT!....
2 minutes later she called and said her husband who is currently in USA sent money to his brother's account here in Nigeria before his journey last week and that the brother is also in USA with him according to her the brother (account owner) will be back to Nigeria in 1 week time, I also asked if she received any alert about the money with her number but she said she don't know why she stop receiving alert... ......... She was alerted too.
She asked if I was a banker but I said no, I asked her to send me her husband number but she hang the call.
5 minutes later a foreign number came in I assume it to be the depositor calling with USA number.
He asked who I was and how I got his wife phone number, I narrated how the money was sent to my account and how I got his wife's number. bla... Bla..... Bla
According to him, the teller is with him in USA, I returned to the bank and tell the lady all what had happened she was amazed at how my names as well as the account number is thesame except the difference of one number which is 7 in mine and 2 on his brothers own .
The manager arrived and ask the depositor to scan and send the copy of the teller for verification. It was concluded that the money was for him.
The manager thanks me and introduces me to the workers as well as the customers as a loyal and a good Patriotic Nigerian. According to the manager I made a good decision of reporting to the bank unlike other people who will withdraw and spent the money and later paid and charge for fraudulent.

What surprises me was how two guys from the banking hall curse me and my entire generation for returning a huge amount of money worth 800k. according to them, I should have withdraw the money and Run to outside country, I laughed and go my way.

I have no regrets what so ever
And if you were in my shoe, what will you do in this situation?

Let's hear your say

You can ask any question

Good job. Keep it up, you will go far in life.

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by philip0906(m): 7:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
Mr Aboki:

What will happen next;

1. He goes home and tells his people the story
2. Calls his hommies and they drink up the 20k
3. Comes on Nairaland and posts the story
4. His thread makes the Frontpage and racks up lots of likes.
5. By tomorrow morning Stella Oduah or Tonto Dike thread will replace his own
6. by next week, all of us would have forgotten this ever happened.

Epic. . .+10000 likes grin grin grin
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Abojupupa: 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
You have done very well and you will receive your reward on earth and in heaven. You see, you cannot buy good names with fraudulent acts. Congratulations!
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by passjamb(m): 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
Thanks for being honest, watch God reward ur act of good.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
I think this is just a write up........naija number on USA teller? Even if this story is true....u should have just wait for some time and see what happens....well keep it up
dryakson: please read the story again.
The man sent the money to his brother's account before he left for USA that same day or so and the number on the teller is for his wife also the brother is also in USA but be back in week time.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by EazyJ(f): 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2013
Abeg enough of all those saying he shouldn't expect a reward for his honesty.@Op,I really commend u for d gud act....but come to think of it,why shouldn't he expect something?What if he had decided to take the money?I tell u some pple are really smart and they wont be caught.The man is simply StInGY!

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by abduldope(m): 8:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
oduz: [size=18pt]WHY I Will Score U 40%[/size]

DRY-ACTION, I am proud of you, u are now an NL HERO, I am one of your respondents from your first thread where you sought advice on this issue. & this was what I said .......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report to your Bank Manager, accompanied by Journalists & become a Hero

[size=18pt]Touch it & u may END UP IN JAIL[/size]

IF u Finally get there, u will notice a lot of writings on the wall

Be Gracious enough to quote this WARNING on the wall, to warn others

If in doubt seek Legal Advice

Or go to First Bank HQ, ask of what happened to a customer who mistakenly saw the balance of another customer of same name on ATM & spent it, they may be kind enough to give u his cell address

Those who are now 'Approving' that u should do the 'needful' will not be there when your picture appear in the newspapers for the Wrong things & some innocent members of your family are holding Tearful get-togethers, God Forbid

Best Wishes cool
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

......... U missed 'accompanied by Journalists' However, there is always space in the Biggest Room in the World, the room for IMPROVEMENT. & this is how you can leverage on it ....

Go to the corporate headquarters of the Bank & drop a letter to the MD, through the corporate affairs Head, comending the Bank & their Branch Manager for helping you earn N20,000

Appeal that your mentor has suggested that you tell the story to the Press as a way to help improve morals in the nation at large

Add that it was also suggested that the Bank will need to varify the anthenticity of the story at some stage, so the need to alert them in advance

But it is also considered that using the Banks publicity apparatus may give it a better professional packaging as well as ensure some image control/monitoring/benefit to the Bank in some way ...............

Whatever process is used in getting a media support for this story will convert it from being a Nollywood Tale by the Moonlihgt, to an ESSENTIAL part of your CV which can fetch a better job/Award/appointment now or in the Future

40% is a pass mark in some schools, its just that NL mentors (TEAM INTEGRITY) think a distinguished member like you deserve something better, for being positive in the midst of High intensity negativism pervading our Forum & nation at large.

We need good role models & u have been identified as a good Prospect, I pray u do not disappoint ........

IF u take any of these steps, the value of this incidence will increase by some high percentage, & those laughing at you will frown at their own folly ........ & DRY-ACTION would be converted to Super-Action or 'Super-Dryakson', as you may desire ........

The Land is Green cool
guy abt takin a jornalist to d bank n be a HERO dat means no reward frm GOd i guess... Cus it wld sound as if u do am jst mk pple HAIL U
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by iamtheprincipal: 8:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
Thank you very much for being that change we crave to see in Nigeria.
Peace of mind is untradeable.
You did the right thing!
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Crixina(f): 8:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
Galaxydon1: this is how some people will lose there blessing from God thinking they r doing the right thing. Your type will remain poor forever.
someone should kill this guy's pastor.

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by God1stson(m): 9:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
God is using ur case to challenge a change in some people.this is what it really means to b a christian if ur one(not a muslin).Continue doing this n u're on ur way 2 heaven,cos empathy(love) covers a multitude of sin nt disregarding other commandment.God less u
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by chezholy(m): 9:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
If you ask me, you did what was right both in the sight of God and Man.
And I am sure you very happy were you are now, keep leaving that higher life.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by wealth2al(m): 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
No hard feelings; doing the right thing is always the best.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
Eazy J: Abeg enough of all those saying he shouldn't expect a reward for his honesty.@Op,I really commend u for d gud act....but come to think of it,why shouldn't he expect something?What if he had decided to take the money?I tell u some pple are really smart and they wont be caught.The man is simply StInGY!

The owner is not obligated to pay anything for doing something good, should we start paying people just because they did what was moral, that mindset is for Poor people. sorry to say.

@OP you don't deserve any commendation i was impressed till you said the man is stingy; and i realized no matter what Nigerians will never change well some. but for your sake its to your benefit you didn't spend the money.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 06, 2013
Eazy J: Abeg enough of all those saying he shouldn't expect a reward for his honesty.@Op,I really commend u for d gud act....but come to think of it,why shouldn't he expect something?What if he had decided to take the money?I tell u some pple are really smart and they wont be caught.The man is simply StInGY!

stealing 800k from wrong transfer to your account is not smart its actually stupid because your name and address and references are in the record; i have worked in a bank; why do you think before you open an account you have to give referees or even before working by the time they hold them; those one will produce you.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by dryakson(m): 9:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
pc guru:

The owner is not obligated to pay anything for doing something good, should we start paying people just because they did what was moral, that mindset is for Poor people. sorry to say.

@OP you don't deserve any commendation i was impressed till you said the man is stingy; and i realized no matter what Nigerians will never change well some. but for your sake its to your benefit you didn't spend the money.
that's true. Thanks
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson: that's true. Thanks

Well but seriously you did a good thing; except some *Christians* notice the emphasis on the asterisk don't know when to separate delusions from reality; because i saw a post saying maybe God was giving that to you as a sign of blessing.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Boll2010: 9:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
kennethisland: Dear Friend,

Am so proud of you, the same way heaven is nodding its head for you.
Forget to be appreciated by men. Your heavenly father who seeth in secret and knows how to reward, will reward you openly at the said time.

You are blessed. If you will send your phone no and complete name to my mail, I will appreciate it: gloriouspath33@rocketmail.com
mr.man will you please pack away your rubbish from this thread!!!.......you wrote "Forget to be appreciated by men" and you still asking for his contact details to reward him,don't you think you hereby appreciating him........abeg no dey form boss for faceless forum biko!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Paddy Adenuga Agrees To Be Jailed Instead Of Marrying His Ex / Ice Block Making Business / Entrepreneurship - Is It For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.