Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 (38510 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less / N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by adexsimply(m): 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
You made the right decision bro smiley smiley
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by zeelo2014: 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2013
Shame on all those that described that man as stingy. Can't believe a sane person will say such. He was under no obligation to give a dime out just out of his kindness of heart.

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by willyray(m): 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2013
you will be rewarded for good deed
[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 06, 2013
Thumbs up bro for d good job .....but If i may get u right, the phone number attached to the teller should be d depositor's num ,which should be a USA number.....so how come u calling a woman who happens to be the third party and not even the owner of the intended account and beside u told us the money was sent from a lagos branch of ur bank.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by MrAboki: 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ujujoan:

If he had spent that money, he will be a criminal . . . The money doesn't belong to him so that's stealing. I don't have to know the law to know that one.

The owner of the money might recover their money from the bank but the bank will surely make him pay for it till the last kobo.

I'm glad he didn't spend it . . . for his own good!

Madam Uju!

Legally! He had absolutely no obligation whatsoever to return that money.

He didnt steal it.

The Bank would also not be held liable except it was discovered that the error was made by a cashier or a system error, in which case the bank would pay the owner his money and either plead with the OP to return the money or just move on.

#I'm not a lawyer o!! But I doubt he can be arrested for theft or fraud or any other criminal charge.

#Finders Keepers!
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by kennethisland: 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
Dear Friend,

Am so proud of you, the same way heaven is nodding its head for you.
Forget to be appreciated by men. Your heavenly father who seeth in secret and knows how to reward, will reward you openly at the said time.

You are blessed. If you will send your phone no and complete name to my mail, I will appreciate it: gloriouspath33@rocketmail.com
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by cluewebhost(m): 4:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
kennethisland: Dear Friend,

Am so proud of you, the same way heaven is nodding its head for you.
Forget to be appreciated by men. Your heavenly father who seeth in secret and knows how to reward, will reward you openly at the said time.

You are blessed. If you will send your phone no and complete name to my mail, I will appreciate it: gloriouspath33@rocketmail.com

I can send my phone no and email and claim to be OP cheesy
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Youngzedd(m): 4:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
Finally.....

You adhere to positive suggestions.
I liked your post because you did the right thing, but you nearly fuckup Ooo.

Thank God for your life. Who knows what will happen next.

Hey, remember to give me my own share LOL.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by MrAboki: 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2013
Youngzedd: Finally.....

You adhere to positive suggestions.
I liked your post because you did the right thing, but you nearly fuckup Ooo.

Thank God for your life. Who knows what will happen next.

Hey, remember to give me my own share LOL.

What will happen next;

1. He goes home and tells his people the story
2. Calls his hommies and they drink up the 20k
3. Comes on Nairaland and posts the story
4. His thread makes the Frontpage and racks up lots of likes.
5. By tomorrow morning Stella Oduah or Tonto Dike thread will replace his own
6. by next week, all of us would have forgotten this ever happened.

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by 0monnakoda: 4:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
The main problem I have is with this general Nigerian idea that he must drop something to "compensate" the finder. A reflection of distorted values."Thank you" should suffice. Must you keep the 20K. Let me tell you the truth ; that is the mindset and attitude of poverty and poor people.Unfortunately most Nigerians are poor and think like poor people. What would a rich mind do.? All people are thinking is out of 800 K he should drop like.........
Personally I would politely return the 20k. Why because I don't need it. Even if I was poor and jobless I would rather ask the person to help me get a job. If the person went out and bought a gift OK but cash No.Never!

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Heyliesha(m): 4:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
Basic: OP, don't be surprised if some of those who advised you to steal the money come on this thread and shower accolades on you. But deep inside them, they're like "this guy na big time MF!"
^^^_
he is one of them o.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Dipoboy4luv: 4:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
guy you try ooooooooooooooO,God will reward you

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by twentycent(m): 4:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
@dryakson God bless you for ur effort cos I followed ur earlier Topic regarding d N800k.

Nigeria..Good People, Great Nation

The Land is Green.

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by MrAboki: 4:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
0monnakoda: The main problem I have is with this general Nigerian idea that he must drop something to "compensate" the finder. A reflection of distorted values."Thank you" should suffice. Must you keep the 20K. Let me tell you the truth ; that is the mindset and attitude of poverty and poor people.Unfortunately most Nigerians are poor and think like poor people. What would a rich mind do.? All people are thinking is out of 800 K he should drop like.........
Personally I would politely return the 20k. Why because I don't need it. Even if I was poor and jobless I would rather ask the person to help me get a job. If the person went out and bought a gift OK but cash No.Never!

Well Said..

Thats how I lost my wallet years back in Ghana with 700 U$D inside a taxi with my sim card inside the wallet.

In fairness to the taxi guy, he picked the wallet, saw the simcard inside and called a number on it. COincidentally, it was one of my friends and after much discussion, I finally went to retrieve my wallet.

The guy hands me my wallet with 500 dollars inside. I accept it, thank him and give him 50 U$D for his troubles. Thats how this guy flipped and started calling me names o! When a small crowd had gathered, I politely asked him about the other 200 U$D that was now missing, he said he didnt take it. HAAA!

Anyways, I adamnatly refused to give him any more money, thanked him again and left.

Niggas and their attitude atimes can be very heart breaking.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by ceysaga: 4:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
N800,000 no be so much money wey be say u go stick out your neck for. And besides the bank get your details to track you. The money no fit even do your escape to another country and live well. If to say na those ole oshi politicians wey put like say N15M, then you fit risk am
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Gwekzy: 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
Good to know the Nigerian dream is still alive...Kudos. @ op...
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by 0monnakoda: 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Madam Uju!

Legally! He had absolutely no obligation whatsoever to return that money.

He didnt steal it.

The Bank would also not be held liable except it was discovered that the error was made by a cashier or a system error, in which case the bank would pay the owner his money and either plead with the OP to return the money or just move on.

#I'm not a lawyer o!! But I doubt he can be arrested for theft or fraud or any other criminal charge.

#Finders Keepers!
Funny but wrong. Very wrong, Use google and learn rather than proudly displaying ignorance

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
Well, it pays to be patriotic and a sincere citizen. 40k had once been paid into my account and i did exactly what u did. God's blessing is bettter than dubious ways of enrichment. Well done op.

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by guvna(m): 4:54pm On Nov 06, 2013
IF THIS IS TRUE, THEN U ARE A GREAT MAN. I TRULY WISH U SUCCESS IN YOUR ENDEAVORS. NIGERIA NEEDS MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU. GOD BLESS AND ALL THE BEST!!!
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2013
Honesty is always the best policy! You will be surprised how you will be rewarded when you least expect it! Bravo!!! With people like you, perhaps their is still a glimmer of hope for Nigeria's future!
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by luluosas(m): 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
God bless you OP. You did wonderfully well and this is a further proof that, Nigerians can be trusted when it comes to sincerity.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Chinwem(f): 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ujujoan:

Actually what surprises me is the fact that you would even consider keeping the money in the first place . . .

Going to the extent of calling the owners meant you were expecting something in return and that is wrong . . . You should have just reported to the bank and let them sort their problem out!

Na wah . . .

I don't think so......he wanted to return the money directly to the source
Who knows, some bank staff might want to chop their own......just saying undecided

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by andyanders: 5:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ujujoan:

Actually what surprises me is the fact that you would even consider keeping the money in the first place . . .

Going to the extent of calling the owners meant you were expecting something in return and that is wrong . . . You should have just reported to the bank and let them sort their problem out!

Na wah . . .

You are wrong with our comment. If he hadn't done that, the banker her met could have removed the money and taken it.
My wife went to her bank and requested for her balance from a cashier and was shocked when she noticed that the amount the wrote down on a piece of paper was way over what she was supposed to have in her account with N1,005,000. She told the cashier right there her account was way over what the wrote down. She told the lady and the lady asked her how much her balance was supposed to be and she gave her and that was with the above amount. The lady never told her anything and did whatever by herself and she left the bank. I was in the car waiting for her when she came and narrated her story to me. She said is not her money and she cannot take it hence she told the cashier straight.
Now, what I am not sure is if the cashier did report to he superior office or she took the money to herself.

2 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by MrAboki: 5:17pm On Nov 06, 2013
0monnakoda:
Funny but wrong. Very wrong, Use google and learn rather than proudly displaying ignorance

Erm..

So show me a Nigerian law where it says so.

And I said I'm not a lawyer either, but you definitely cant call what he did theft. Someone cannot steal what he didnt steal.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by solacec4t(f): 5:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
you did very well. God will bless u abundantly for being honest. pls keep it up.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by GboyegaD(m): 5:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
Glad you listened to advice. Pray your expectations are met and your desires granted.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by igbeke: 5:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson: Good day nairalanders,
I posted how 800,000 naira was deposited into my account from an unknown person last week and the advices I got from my fellow nairalanders inspired me while some is the other way round.. Who no want money, I like it too but the consequences that will follow is the Wahala.. Lol.
I went to the bank and asked for my account break down and the consumer icare lady break the account details including the last deposit of the 800,000 naira without any suspicious from her... Happy happy...
I asked her for the phone number attached to the teller that sent 800,000 naira last week and she did I thank her and went outside the banking hall.
I called the number and a female voice pops out of the speaker she asked who I was but I ignore her question and ask her if she made any deposit of money last week, but said NO.... ALERT! ALERT!....
2 minutes later she called and said her husband who is currently in USA sent money to his brother's account here in Nigeria before his journey last week and that the brother is also in USA with him according to her the brother (account owner) will be back to Nigeria in 1 week time, I also asked if she received any alert about the money with her number but she said she don't know why she stop receiving alert... ......... She was alerted too.
She asked if I was a banker but I said no, I asked her to send me her husband number but she hang the call.
5 minutes later a foreign number came in I assume it to be the depositor calling with USA number.
He asked who I was and how I got his wife phone number, I narrated how the money was sent to my account and how I got his wife's number. bla... Bla..... Bla
According to him, the teller is with him in USA, I returned to the bank and tell the lady all what had happened she was amazed at how my names as well as the account number is thesame except the difference of one number which is 7 in mine and 2 on his brothers own .
The manager arrived and ask the depositor to scan and send the copy of the teller for verification. It was concluded that the money was for him.
The manager thanks me and introduces me to the workers as well as the customers as a loyal and a good Patriotic Nigerian. According to the manager I made a good decision of reporting to the bank unlike other people who will withdraw and spent the money and later paid and charge for fraudulent.
In the other hand, the wife, her husband and the owner of the account thanks me then asked the manager to leave #20,000 while he transfer the remaining #780,000 to the other account, he promised to be calling me anytime.

What surprises me was how two guys from the banking hall curse me and my entire generation for returning a huge amount of money worth 800k. according to them, I should have withdraw the money and Run to outside country, I laughed and go my way.

I have no regrets what so ever
And if you were in my shoe, what will you do in this situation?

Let's hear your say

You can ask any question
Some years baxk (2007), I was once a "beneficiary" of a bait as dis. I recived an alert of N1.6M on my Z... bank a/c. I was so shocked cos my salary den was abt N30,000.
After much battle wit my conscience and some "advisers" who wanted me to withdraw d dough, I gave it up to d Hausa owner. she was so, so happy to get her money back. And me, I was so happy I did.
I think d world will be a better place if we all hav such minds.

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Lolestic(m): 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
Guy,this is a framed story
1. How can someone send money from UK and the number on the teller is a Naija number.
2.You said the brother that the money was sent to is also in UK now,how come?
3. How can u receive an alert and the wife will also receive alert?
4. From your previous post,u said the money has been paid into your for over a week,do u think Nigerians can be so patience with such amount?

But all d same,that was a very good story at least to inspire the Nairalanders.

3 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by dunk2011: 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2013
Liar liar...don't believe anything from this guy .....why don't you tender evidence of the transaction ...or tell us what bank it happened ...cos everybody will be talking about it.
Nonsense
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by kemsy100(m): 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
Wow! That was wonderful....
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by eagleeye2: 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
zeelo2014: Shame on all those that described that man as stingy. Can't believe a sane person will say such. He was under no obligation to give a dime out just out of his kindness of heart.
The OP was not under any obligation to report the error or false credit to his account. Infact he should have left the money in his account and pretended not to even notice it.
After some time say 6months to a year, he can then do whatsoever he wants.
He will just watch events unfold.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by dryakson(m): 6:11pm On Nov 06, 2013
Lolestic: Guy,this is a framed story
1. How can someone send money from UK and the number on the teller is a Naija number.
2.You said the brother that the money was sent to is also in UK now,how come?
3. How can u receive an alert and the wife will also receive alert?
4. From your previous post,u said the money has been paid into your for over a week,do u think Nigerians can be so patience with such amount?

But all d same,that was a very good story at least to inspire the Nairalanders.
please read the story again.
The man sent the money to his brother's account before he left for USA that same day or so and the number on the teller is for his wife also the brother is also in USA but be back in week time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Paddy Adenuga Agrees To Be Jailed Instead Of Marrying His Ex / Ice Block Making Business / Entrepreneurship - Is It For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.