Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 (38507 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less / N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Elmos: 3:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson: Good day nairalanders,
I posted how 800,000 naira was deposited into my account from an unknown person last week and the advices I got from my fellow nairalanders inspired me while some is the other way round.. Who no want money, I like it too but the consequences that will follow is the Wahala.. Lol.
I went to the bank and asked for my account break down and the consumer icare lady break the account details including the last deposit of the 800,000 naira without any suspicious from her... Happy happy...
I asked her for the phone number attached to the teller that sent 800,000 naira last week and she did I thank her and went outside the banking hall.
I called the number and a female voice pops out of the speaker she asked who I was but I ignore her question and ask her if she made any deposit of money last week, but said NO.... ALERT! ALERT!....
2 minutes later she called and said her husband who is currently in USA sent money to his brother's account here in Nigeria before his journey last week and that the brother is also in USA with him according to her the brother (account owner) will be back to Nigeria in 1 week time, I also asked if she received any alert about the money with her number but she said she don't know why she stop receiving alert... ......... She was alerted too.
She asked if I was a banker but I said no, I asked her to send me her husband number but she hang the call.
5 minutes later a foreign number came in I assume it to be the depositor calling with USA number.
He asked who I was and how I got his wife phone number, I narrated how the money was sent to my account and how I got his wife's number. bla... Bla..... Bla
According to him, the teller is with him in USA, I returned to the bank and tell the lady all what had happened she was amazed at how my names as well as the account number is thesame except the difference of one number which is 7 in mine and 2 on his brothers own .
The manager arrived and ask the depositor to scan and send the copy of the teller for verification. It was concluded that the money was for him.
The manager thanks me and introduces me to all the workers including the people inside the bank as a loyal and a good Patriotic Nigerian. According to the manager I made a good decision of reporting to the bank unlike other people who will withdraw and spent the money and later paid and charge for fraudulent.
In the other hand, the wife, her husband and the owner of the account thanks me then asked the manager to leave #20,000 while he transfer the remaining #780,000 to the other account, he promised to be calling me anytime.

What surprises me was how two guys from the banking hall curse me and my entire generation for returning a huge amount of money worth 800k. according to them, I should have withdraw the money and Run to outside country, I laughed and go my way.

I have no regrets what so ever
And if you were in my shoe, what will you do in this situation?

Let's hear your say

You can ask any question

I know there are wonderful people in Nigeria, please will love to know you. Log on to www.agentforpositivechange.net and register. We need people like you, and we want to promote people like you. I once had the same experience at UBA (then STB) NNPC Ejigbo branch, but mine was in Dollars, $99,000.00 and it was done at a time I was seriously broke, my friend whom we were in the bank together that day, encouraged me to withdraw $2000 to test it, I said no, but asked that my statement be printed and right there in my account was a balance in excess of $99,000, I knew I never paid that amount into my domiciliary account, I told the bank manager that the money was not mine and told him what was mine, few weeks after they told me that they discovered that their computer was the one credited my account, simple error from computer. That singular act boost my relationship with the bank.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by joaquin64(m): 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2013
eagle,eye:

The man was not looking for the money at least not yet. And I sincerely believe that Op was disappointed at the 20,000 naira gift...... He can deny it all he wants.

I modified my post before you posted this. I totally agree with you! I thought I was even speaking out of line. Thank you!
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2013
All the people that said spend the money have suddenly lost internet acess.
I dnt have time,i should have quoted all of you.

NL is a true representation of wat the entity Nigeria is made up of.

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by eagleeye2: 3:40pm On Nov 06, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Stingy family,not even up to 10% of the total money,mtcheeeeew
I agree with you. Imagine they have not even started looking for the money.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
sparkle Red:
Just tell im he did well grin
but did he really do well ?
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Candour(m): 3:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
GOD will bless you abundantly for your honesty.

You'll be repaid in mysterious ways even bigger than the 20k they dashed you.

good luck in your future endeavors
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by festivity123: 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
My dear God bless u n reward ur generation for this act of urs
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
I am very GLAD for you. You finally pass the test and scaled to the next level. May GOD almighty guide you in all your endeavor.
REALLY GLAD FOR YOU BRO.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by eagleeye2: 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
Elmos:

I know there are wonderful people in Nigeria, please will love to know you. Log on to www.agentforpositivechange.net and register. We need people like you, and we want to promote people like you. I once had the same experience at UBA (then STB) NNPC Ejigbo branch, but mine was in Dollars, $99,000.00 and it was done at a time I was seriously broke, my friend whom we were in the bank together that day, encouraged me to withdraw $2000 to test it, I said no, but asked that my statement be printed and right there in my account was a balance in excess of $99,000, I knew I never paid that amount into my domiciliary account, I told the bank manager that the money was not mine and told him what was mine, few weeks after they told me that they discovered that their computer was the one credited my account, simple error from computer.
That singular act boost my relationship with the bank.
Everybody don turn to transparency international
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
yinparc: Good of u.God wil rewards u.
RIP english!!!!very very sad sad

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
nice.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by chronique(m): 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
@ op: thanks for listening to the good advice we gave you. Thanks for having the zeal and courage to do the right thing. I'm proud of you. I'm proud we still have a few honest Nigerians in this country. God bless you. Mark my words;the husband of that lady might just be the contact you need to move to the next level. He might not necessarily give you money but might connect you to someone who would be instrumental to your success. When it happens,remember this post. It might even be the wife who might connect you. Be sure something good would come out from it.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
Your grammar usage is poor. But you have done well.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by bigx(m): 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ymodulus:
See this poor guy. Na you been they tell the guy say him fuk up na. no be u i see for bank?

Na me o!! How u take know? This nairaland sabi cast person sha..
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Greaaat: 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
Even baba god for heaven knows I will never return the money jail or no jail
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 06, 2013
you did well my guy, do not worry 800k is chicken change and stealing would have only complicated issues for you. The sky is even beneath the limit for you. also, its good you did it without expecting any reward trust me, you are bound for greatness!
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by wasak(m): 3:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ujujoan:

If he didn't return it at all he'll be in big trouble because the bank will eventually find the error and he'll be treated like a common criminal.

He didn't pick the money on the street, it was sent to his account and very traceable.

Even if he picked it from the street, taking it would have been as good as armed robbery because it doesn't belong to him.

It's good to encourage honesty but don't encourage dishonesty in the process . . .
u think u know the law? FYI he's under no legal obligation whatsoever to return any money, the case could have been between d bank and the depositor. he only chose the morally upright option.
I'm only amazed d way u are referring to his expectation as dishonesty. do u think it's so easy to resist the temptation of 1000 naira? not to talk of 800 k.
that he verified the True owners of the money doesn't mean greed...Please let's support this kind of development. drop ur thoughts and let's praise the guy for a job well-done

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by adino(m): 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson: Good day nairalanders,
I posted how 800,000 naira was deposited into my account from an unknown person last week and the advices I got from my fellow nairalanders inspired me while some is the other way round.. Who no want money, I like it too but the consequences that will follow is the Wahala.. Lol.
I went to the bank and asked for my account break down and the consumer icare lady break the account details including the last deposit of the 800,000 naira without any suspicious from her... Happy happy...
I asked her for the phone number attached to the teller that sent 800,000 naira last week and she did I thank her and went outside the banking hall.
I called the number and a female voice pops out of the speaker she asked who I was but I ignore her question and ask her if she made any deposit of money last week, but said NO.... ALERT! ALERT!....
2 minutes later she called and said her husband who is currently in USA sent money to his brother's account here in Nigeria before his journey last week and that the brother is also in USA with him according to her the brother (account owner) will be back to Nigeria in 1 week time, I also asked if she received any alert about the money with her number but she said she don't know why she stop receiving alert... ......... She was alerted too.
She asked if I was a banker but I said no, I asked her to send me her husband number but she hang the call.
5 minutes later a foreign number came in I assume it to be the depositor calling with USA number.
He asked who I was and how I got his wife phone number, I narrated how the money was sent to my account and how I got his wife's number. bla... Bla..... Bla
According to him, the teller is with him in USA, I returned to the bank and tell the lady all what had happened she was amazed at how my names as well as the account number is thesame except the difference of one number which is 7 in mine and 2 on his brothers own .
The manager arrived and ask the depositor to scan and send the copy of the teller for verification. It was concluded that the money was for him.
The manager thanks me and introduces me to the workers as well as the customers as a loyal and a good Patriotic Nigerian. According to the manager I made a good decision of reporting to the bank unlike other people who will withdraw and spent the money and later paid and charge for fraudulent.
In the other hand, the wife, her husband and the owner of the account thanks me then asked the manager to leave #20,000 while he transfer the remaining #780,000 to the other account, he promised to be calling me anytime.

What surprises me was how two guys from the banking hall curse me and my entire generation for returning a huge amount of money worth 800k. according to them, I should have withdraw the money and Run to outside country, I laughed and go my way.

I have no regrets what so ever
And if you were in my shoe, what will you do in this situation?

Let's hear your say

You can ask any question

MAY GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS AND REWARD YOU. IT IS WELL WITH YOU.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by stitcheD(m): 4:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
freakybaby: 20k out of 800k shocked shocked cheesy cheesy Na wa ooooo.....some people stingy shaaa lipsrsealed ...I guess d OP would have been disappointed at d 20k he got cheesy cheesy cheesy ...God bless u shaaaa......u did well grin
Na loonger throat go nab you guys. You guys don't even know what the money was meant for. Abi una wan make op carry the whole money? Back to plan A
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Lawfredsam(m): 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
[MOD] - I was banned for attempting to hijack this thread with my advert sad sad sad-
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by mankand(m): 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
@Op.

You did a very good job. I only wish one day, Nigeria can return to a stage like this where we will put humanities first before conscience
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Mavor: 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
That 20k is small. It's like a grain of sand in a desert of blessings that God has planned for you. People like you are the reason Nigeria may have hope after all. Well done.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Gentlepapi(m): 4:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
honesty pays
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by ocheejemb: 4:10pm On Nov 06, 2013
God bless you mate!

The blessings and good will that will follow your for this are much greater than the 800k that wont even last a year!
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by ocheejemb: 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2013
amanikondo: I want to give you 10,000 Naira for your honesty. How do I reach you? I am not joking oooo. If you can post your email, I will reach out to you and someone will call to pay the money.I know say you no beg for money.

Me too!
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by MrAboki: 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2013
So OP You mean say you carry 800,000 Naira throway am just like that!!!!

lol

You did the right thing Mr. OP Sir.

That money is not worth mortgaging your future over. Just be rest assured that your good deed will not go unrewarded. Karma always repays like for like..

Stay honest!
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Boss13: 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
Good man well done
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Ijobaorun(m): 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
You have done a gud job if ur story is tru. Pray dat ur reward will not end here on earth.
Weldone!
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Damayor12(m): 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2013
Walahi, You're an 'Omo go".. *Smashes phone angrily on the wall*
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
wasak:
u think u know the law? FYI he's under no legal obligation whatsoever to return any money, the case could have been between d bank and the depositor. he only chose the morally upright option.
I'm only amazed d way u are referring to his expectation as dishonesty. do u think it's so easy to resist the temptation of 1000 naira? not to talk of 800 k.
that he verified the True owners of the money doesn't mean greed...Please let's support this kind of development. drop ur thoughts and let's praise the guy for a job well-done

If he had spent that money, he will be a criminal . . . The money doesn't belong to him so that's stealing. I don't have to know the law to know that one.

The owner of the money might recover their money from the bank but the bank will surely make him pay for it till the last kobo.

I'm glad he didn't spend it . . . for his own good!

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by emmykk(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
Hey my guy the lord sent you a blessing,and u use ur hand throw it away.
inside you u tot u should have gotten more than the 20k.

Those hailing ur mumu behaviour will no do the same .my guy mumu hug you.you carry last.

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by stagger: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
Op, you may be surprised at this, but u have just made a contact. You may get a business in future with someone known to this US guy who will then vouch for your honesty. Opens many doors.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Paddy Adenuga Agrees To Be Jailed Instead Of Marrying His Ex / Ice Block Making Business / Entrepreneurship - Is It For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.