Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder (40247 Views)

Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa / Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery / How Traditional Ruler Ordered Police Inspector To Be Buried Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by emamos: 6:08pm On Sep 28, 2015
A Rivers State High Court has sentenced one Inspector Samuel Timothy of the Nigeria Police to death by hanging for shooting and killing a sachet water dealer, Onyekachi Nwasouba.

The court’s ruling is coming about five years after Nwasouba’s murder by the police at about 5am on November 10, 2010 at No. 34, Old Aba Road, Port Harcourt.

Nwasouba, who was a graduate of Industrial Chemistry, was branded an armed robber by the police while he was on his way to distribute his products to customers within the Port Harcourt metropolis.

The deceased was shot dead by a team of policemen led by Timothy at the front of his residence, even after he (Nwasouba) shouted to the hearing of the policemen that he was only a pure water producer and not an armed robber.

But delivering his judgment on Monday, the trial judge, Justice Adolphus Enebeli, declared that the convict (Timothy) demonstrated an act of inhumanity through his action.

Justice Enebeli, whose ruling took about three hours, however, discharged and acquitted one Corporal Moses, who had been standing trial together with the convict.

The judge stated that based on the testimonies of witnesses, including members of the patrol team in the case, the convict was an “Inhuman, trigger-happy policeman, who engages in murder; a hater of humankind and a merciless killer.”

Explaining that the killing of the sachet water seller by the convict was deliberate, Justice Enebeli, maintained that Timothy should die by hanging.

The trial judge added that based on the law and the circumstance surrounding the death of the graduate of Industrial Chemistry, he had no power to reduce the sentence.

“According to Section 319 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I do not have the power to reduce your sentence. That, you, Inspector Timothy Sampson be hanged on your neck until you are dead,” he said.

Justice Enebeli stated that Corporal Moses was discharged and acquitted because it became clear that the policemen on duty never conspired to kill the victim (Nwasouba).

It was, however, learnt that the convict had served 33 years in the Nigeria Police and two years remaining to retire before the incident occurred.

http://www.punchng.com/news/police-inspector-to-die-by-hanging-for-murder/

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by influenz: 6:12pm On Sep 28, 2015
The poser below me, i have a gift for you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by juliusocean(m): 6:17pm On Sep 28, 2015
second to comment chaii na so I don jobless reach? grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by Ojestas(m): 6:17pm On Sep 28, 2015
kill by sword. . die by sword . . Karma is a bitc.h. . .

RIP inspector!

why r we so uniform freaked in Nigeria that our uniformed men intimidate the "bloody civilians"?? (i love uniform works tho')
once some ppl put on black black, their brain don black too be that.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by jazinogold(m): 6:17pm On Sep 28, 2015
Chai! wat is good for d goose is good for d gander!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by MARKone(m): 6:17pm On Sep 28, 2015
Hang them all. Animals

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by bqlekan(m): 6:17pm On Sep 28, 2015
Hehe cheesy
I love this.. this will serve as lesson to others...
But wait o!!!
For the gullibles who will start shouting 'change', this is neither change nor transformation?

This is JUSTICE!!!

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by wachakuta(m): 6:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
Jihofa
And our Politicians dat kill us in mass r been celebrated.
Dia is God Oh..
Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by peterovanski(m): 6:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
I'm really enjoying this change of a thing. I hope this humane-act circulates through the entire force

God bless ME
God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by oliidell(m): 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
Justice served

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by Ijaya123: 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
We need to see more of this.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by 989900: 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
Police is not your friend.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by calabaman(m): 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
Good one from the judge.

the right punishment deserving of such an inhumane killing

what happened to the adage "innocent until proven guilty" ?

whatsup with the "graduate this, graduate that" hes a humanbeing and didnt deserve that PERIOD

Timothy u have just been "enebelized" cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by Kx: 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
The real meaning of change!

I would have tot that police would never pay for their daily dose of extra Judy killings in this life.
Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by darlenese(f): 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
Good news
Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
More of these to come please.....
Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by Opetech(m): 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
Police
Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by labbyboi(m): 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
Serves him right. This will teach the rest black mofos that their rifles do think for them.

2 Likes

Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by eleojo23: 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
That's justice. Actions always have consequences.

But isn't this ironic? Killing a man for killing another man to show others that killing is bad.

3 Likes

Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by Truckpusher(m): 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
Nice one - They shouldn't waste time in hanging a fellow who takes our taxes and turn around to kill us.

They should make sure that the execution should be swift to enable the family of the diseased get some justice.
Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by MrMcJay(m): 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
One by one, from cop to convict, sanity would return to this country.
Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by menix(m): 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
Justice of the Year!!

I jst hope it takes the Inspector 12hrs to die while hunged.

I jst pray other Judges takes a clue frm this..

Police is ur friend that should be kept at arms length..
Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
I support this ruling!

-CramJones

4 Likes

Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by dayoungmoney1: 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
He who kills by the bullet shall die by the rope.

2 Likes

Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by mizvee(f): 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
Bad olopas everywhere...
Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by dearsly(m): 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
embarassed
Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by Delphi(m): 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
This Judge deserves promotion. May his reign be long!!!. Trigger-happy policeman must also be death-liable policeman.

5 Likes

Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by jimmyolasun: 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
Na so
Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by godoluwa(m): 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
ok
Re: Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder by deebsman1(m): 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
Sad on both sides

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

17-Year-Old Boy Beats His Aged Father To Death In Bauchi After Taking Hard Drugs / 14-year-old Housemaid Who Murdered Her Madam In Benin, Edo Speaks / LCC: Security Cameras Were Not Removed From Lekki Toll Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.