Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,914 members, 7,841,473 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! (25532 Views)

How To Handle Work Stress In Nigeria / How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? / Corporate Barber In Tie At His Work Place. Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by 2sexycom(m): 7:34am On Jul 02, 2016
Jfactor:
Very easy, buy a small phone that can video. Buy a memory card of 32gig. Put the phone in aircraft mode (u will see the symbol of a plane). Then adjust the volume to the loudest. When he calls for you anytime. Press recording and place the phone on your waistline facing forward, start recording as you lev ur table. When you enter the office, repeatedly say 'Goodday Sir, you called for me' , do not sit, because he may come behind you and grab your waist. When he trys anything, make sure he 'touches you probably on your boobs' and then you say 'Mr so and so, I am warning you to please stop these harassments, this is X number of times, you are Sexually Harrasing me. You keep touching my buttocks, waist and even pressing or rubbing your p E n I s when you pass by my ass'. Pls before you record and place the phone on your hips, try it at home and see if it will record as you are walking around in your closet.
bros, she might be caught. Spy pen does the magic.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Tay16(f): 7:36am On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Ok what do u want to hear?
From your statemet he started by holding your hand and you acted maturely...

Now his hands is getting down your private part according by your post....

We men behave funny when we see a girl as cheap with slutry behaviour, so co ordinate your self no man will try lowering his hand down your private part in the office or talk of sex with you if you behave responsible.
so all the children that are harrassed or raped by grown men is because they didn't act responsibly abi?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by nintal(m): 7:38am On Jul 02, 2016
Prove? Slap the idiot and make him bleed u can't be waiting for one useless prove, what if he finally enter the U KNOW one day by fire? My sister ur good name is better than one job oh... By the way, u have God and He knows the way that leads to another better job.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Seeeeeeee: 7:39am On Jul 02, 2016
Tay16:
so all the children that are harrassed or raped by grown men is because they didn't act responsibly abi?
Was she raped?
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Tay16(f): 7:40am On Jul 02, 2016
Estherfaith:

No, This is not estherfabian, am not really that popular here. Thanks for your advice, will use my voice recorder, my phone will be too visible
thing is a voice can be computerized and not as reliable, a video is far much better proof.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by ednut1(m): 7:41am On Jul 02, 2016
captain247:
Don't your company have policy in place with regards to sexual harassment for all workers? Report him to those handling sexual harassment in your company and they will take him from there. Ensure you have a witness or evidence.

Companies are suppose to educate their workers on sexual harassment to employees and managers, setting standard policies that will have positive effect on anyone reported engaging in such act irrespective of gender.
always read before you comment. He owns d coy. @op u hv to leave d job asap. I have noticed most business owners sleep/want to sleep with their female staff. All those sexy secretary nd admin workers. I don witness am live smh. Some ladies too dress seductively. U cannot turn left or right in a office and not see exposed yellow laps or bust. Mtcheeew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Tay16(f): 7:43am On Jul 02, 2016
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Tay16(f): 7:43am On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Was she raped?
she was sexually harrassed, and it still is a serious offence in a work place that can justify termination. What you are simply saying is that women that get harrassed, do so because its their fault right? undecided So the offender doesn't have a brain to tell what constitutes misconduct and what doesn't?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Tay16(f): 7:46am On Jul 02, 2016
ednut1:
always read before you comment. He owns d coy. @op u hv to leave d job asap. I have noticed most business owners sleep/want to sleep with their female staff. All those sexy secretary nd admin workers. I don witness am live smh. Some ladies too dress seductively. U cannot turn left or right in a office and not see exposed yellow laps or bust. Mtcheeew
So i walk into a room full of rich married man, I should have an affair with one of them because I can't resist shiny things?
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Seeeeeeee: 7:46am On Jul 02, 2016
Tay16:
she was sexually harrassed, and it still is a serious offence in a work place. What you are simply saying is that women that get harrassed, do so because its their fault right? undecided So the offender doesn't have a brain to tell what constitutes misconduct and what doesn't?
He started by holding her hand did you read that part... She kept quite, she must be a dumb girl if she doesnt know what the man was looking 4.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by daewoorazer(m): 7:48am On Jul 02, 2016
Mememan:

The mumu rushed to open a new moniker grin

kikiki...i dnt knw abt dat o grin
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Tay16(f): 7:50am On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
He started by holding her hand did you read that part... She kept quite, she must be a dumb girl if she doesnt know what the man was looking 4.
i read the part she said she warned him against his conduct but he still continued, did you shut your eyes when you got to that part? undecided so what are you saying this man is not aware that he is doing is prohibited at a workplace?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by ednut1(m): 7:51am On Jul 02, 2016
Tay16:
So i walk into a room full of rich married man, I should have an affair with one of them because I can't resist shiny things?
undecided
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 02, 2016
Estherfaith:

An advice will do please.

Please dear, don't wait until you are raped.it is hard to prove you were raped after the deed.

Get out now. If you wait until you get another job then you are waiting for him to rape you be dat. You will get another job.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by nintal(m): 7:52am On Jul 02, 2016
Come oh, u tell people say u hold money ne? Why everyone the tell u buy spy pen, v that, and v this? Forget all these and act fast B4 this man do u oh... U sef, u no go run? See, if u need anything regarding this, then it shoud be speedingshoe.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Seeeeeeee: 7:54am On Jul 02, 2016
Tay16:
i read the part she said she warned him against his conduct but he still continued, did you shut your eyes when you got to that part? undecided
He thinks she is playing hard to get which a normal girl does, there is no harm in displaying affection... The damange was she would have given him a stern warning the first time and i doubt if he would have continued. So think with your brain...
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by lonelydora: 7:57am On Jul 02, 2016
daewoorazer:
Vry simple...get al those secret camcoder or perhaps use ur pone...always place it in positn wen xpecting him...

Once u av a vid record of him tryin to harass u, replicate in folds and show him u'l sue him next time he tries sumthn funy wch includes sackn u without reason.

I hope its nt estherfabian hiding unda dat moniker shocked

Best advice so far.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by ascendo(m): 7:58am On Jul 02, 2016
You made the first mistake when you allowed him to hold your hand thinking that it's maturity. Now it's not as simple as it should be but keep your stand next time and let him know that you'll never succumb no matter the cost. Tell him that you know you made the mistake of allowing him hold your hand but this one is NEVER. But as for the slapping; don't! Getting an evidence: voice recording, video, is cool as well but your character/attitude must change to reflect your stand. I heard about "cup size", fitting dresses: and you don't know what's bringing all diz? Guys will always move with the assumption that your dressing is beckoning on them: so moderate your dressing. No fitting, cover up, let everytin about you speak decency and reserved!

Remember: your giving in to him will make matters bad as other employees will see you as a slut and start handling you that way. You'll be frustrated to the point of resignation.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Tay16(f): 7:58am On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
He thinks she is playing hard to get which a normal girl does, there is no harm in displaying affection... The damange was she would have given him a stern warning the first time and i doubt if he would have continued. So think with your brain...
im using mine perfectly well, yours must be on vacation since you are trying to imply that a person with a superior position such as manager doesn't know which conduct constitutes harrassment? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Ezionye(f): 8:03am On Jul 02, 2016
Starlet50:
I knw dis sounds like a stupid question...Are u a virgin

Yea ur right. In fact the sound of stupidity in this question almost deafened me
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Seeeeeeee: 8:03am On Jul 02, 2016
Tay16:
im using mine perfectly well, yours must be on vacation since you are trying to imply that a person with a superior position such as manager doesn't know which conduct constitutes harrassment? undecided
You don't know what you are saying the girl danced to his tune the first... So your shallow mind does'nt see that.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Luckymay(f): 8:04am On Jul 02, 2016
Esterfaith I understand how you feel. Sometimes bosses mistake our dedication and "trying hard to please" attitude for being cheap. I wasn't there but I can make out that when you started this job you maybe trying hard to please him and prove to him that you care about the job and would stay dedicated. You may be wearing smiles always even when angry just so he doesn't Find fault with you. "enough of my analogies" so Back to the matter.... Some bosses mistake these things for green lights expecially those that can't control their third leg when they see an attractive lady (which you portrayed yourself to be) . Now what am I driving at? ; ... This is the time to change. Enough of the smiles and being friendly shit. Start giving him an attitude at the same time try not to be rude. I'm sure he can't approach you if you wear a very serious look. Walk in in the morning say good morning sir and walk out on him maintaining a straight face. All I'm driving at its just change from the person you used to be. Believe me he will understand that the music has changed tunes. If these doesn't work which I'm sure would., Find a good time and place to talk sense into him. You can remind him of office ethics and also try on his conscience by reminding him of the punishment for what he's doing according to his faith. If all these doesn't work then Bae just knw your village people are at work
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Nuhusky: 8:05am On Jul 02, 2016
Its better to be sacked without having an affair with him than to have an affair then sack letter cause in the next interview it will be very interesting when it come to the question “why do you leave your previous job”

But why are women boss not harassing male worker
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Tay16(f): 8:07am On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
You don't know what you are saying the girl danced to his tune the first... So your shallow mind does'nt see that.
He is continuing to harrass because he know that if she reports him without sufficient evidence he can actually fire her without sound reason. With all that money Nigerian parents waste on sending their children to school, people like you are the end product? undecided Its people like you that make your country the shithole that it is right now.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
we men act depending on the behaviour of a lady, if you look like someone that can offer se.x we place demand.
why not stop saying 'we men' and speak for yourself.
Better not to drag all men along when you're implying that you have no self control and your whole world revolves around sex.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 02, 2016
Unfortuately, the op said he is the owner of the company, what an irony
captain247:
Don't your company have policy in place with regards to sexual harassment for all workers? Report him to those handling sexual harassment in your company and they will take him from there. Ensure you have a witness or evidence.

Companies are suppose to educate their workers on sexual harassment to employees and managers, setting standard policies that will have positive effect on anyone reported engaging in such act irrespective of gender.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by edbor(m): 8:10am On Jul 02, 2016
picture of the cloth you put on that day at work or. .
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Seeeeeeee: 8:12am On Jul 02, 2016
Jobia:
why not stop saying 'we men' and speak for yourself.
Better not to drag all men along when you're implying that you have no self control and your whole world revolves around sex.
what are you talking about make use of brain before you type... She wasn't raped the man displayed affection which is not a crime... A lady must know how to behave with the opposite sex to avert this type of epitlse but she danced to the tune by allowing him hold her hands.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Seeeeeeee: 8:15am On Jul 02, 2016
Tay16:
He is continuing to harrass because he know that if she reports him without sufficient evidence he can actually fire her without sound reason. With all that money Nigerian parents waste on sending their children to school, people like you are the end product? undecided Its people like you that make your country the shithole that it is right now.
You don't know the rules of engagement you're sounding like a kid..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by oodua1stson: 8:16am On Jul 02, 2016
Estherfaith:
I usually don't do this, but right now I am so angry I want to resign.

I started working here almost 2 years ago, and sincerely at a point, I wanted to resign because my boss was very difficult, I never did anything right in his sight.

Fast forward a year later,

due to the nature of my job, I spend most of my office hours with him, and now my very stupid boss is sexually harassing me, it started with just holding my hands but right now it has gotten to him trying to move his hands close to my private part! I am not exaggerating here!.. I have been acting really matured and trying to act professional but this afternoon was the height of it, he told me 'why are you acting like a virgin sef', I almost slapped him

Please I need advice on this, how do I handle work place harassment please, without it leading to court and all that. I have gotten angry, I have told him I am not comfortable with it, but he still continues, trying to push his luck the next time..

Anybody that have experienced such situation should let me know how they overcame it without destroying the business relationship you've worked so hard for.

Pardon my creation of a new Moniker, I have advertised a position here and I will not want the name of the company searched and displayed.
how big is the company?

If he owns the place there's nothing you can do

But if he has people ahead of him then u dint have a problem
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by fornnygee(m): 8:23am On Jul 02, 2016
Estherfaith:
I usually don't do this, but right now I am so angry I want to resign.

I started working here almost 2 years ago, and sincerely at a point, I wanted to resign because my boss was very difficult, I never did anything right in his sight.

Fast forward a year later,

due to the nature of my job, I spend most of my office hours with him, and now my very stupid boss is sexually harassing me, it started with just holding my hands but right now it has gotten to him trying to move his hands close to my private part! I am not exaggerating here!.. I have been acting really matured and trying to act professional but this afternoon was the height of it, he told me 'why are you acting like a virgin sef', I almost slapped him

Please I need advice on this, how do I handle work place harassment please, without it leading to court and all that. I have gotten angry, I have told him I am not comfortable with it, but he still continues, trying to push his luck the next time..

Anybody that have experienced such situation should let me know how they overcame it without destroying the business relationship you've worked so hard for.

Pardon my creation of a new Moniker, I have advertised a position here and I will not want the name of the company searched and displayed.

I am giving you an amature alternative sexual harassment resolution approach.
Firstly, officially request a 30 minutes personal discussion with him, suggest a convenient time and date by mail for future reference.
Secondly if he responds and accept your proposed time and date, constructively engage him on the sexual harassment incident, state your reservations, point out to him the implications of going further with his actions and your subsequent steps going forward.
Finally thank him for acting professionally and respecting your stand point.

Note: Don't create room for further discussions
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
what are you talking about make use of brain before you type... She wasn't raped the man displayed affection which is not a crime... A lady must know how to behave with the opposite sex to avert this type of epitlse but she danced to the tune by allowing him hold her hands.
oh but you seem to not have a brain at all. I doubt its the same post you read. Please go back and read the post..this time slowly.
Besides the man is not supposed to initiate anything sexual in the first place at all. That is a workplace for goodness sake! I expect you to condemn the act not come up with a bull story of how 'we men' chase everything in short skirts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Driver Returns Missing Wallet With Cash To Passenger (Photo) / Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications / How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.