Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,922 members, 7,841,506 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! (25533 Views)

How To Handle Work Stress In Nigeria / How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? / Corporate Barber In Tie At His Work Place. Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by ascendo(m): 8:26am On Jul 02, 2016
Jobia:
oh but you seem to not have a brain at all. I doubt its the same post you read. Please go back and read the post..this time slowly.
Besides the man is not supposed to initiate anything sexual in the first place at all. That is a workplace for goodness sake! I expect you to condemn the act to not come up with a bull story of how 'we men' chase everything in short skirts.
even @dat...Human beings, men inclusive have self control
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by columbus007(m): 8:31am On Jul 02, 2016
Frank3n2:
Get a spy glass or any spy gadget nd recored him in the act. You know the rest.
bros haba now grin all becos say him wan try see weda he fit fucck cheesy
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Hedonistically: 8:32am On Jul 02, 2016
Since you mentioned that he owns the company, the choice before you is unfortunately very simple: either give in to his demands, or resign from the job. Those are the only options you have. Don't waste time looking for any yeye evidence or trying to form detective.

Meanwhile, without meaning to sound like an insensitive jerk, I'm super sure that you wouldn't be here telling us about this if you really consider the job a must have - if it comes with a fat salary (N200k+ a month) and other juicy benefits. If that was the case, you (and 95% of girls in your position) would happily do 'what you have to do' quietly and there would be nothing for us idle Nairalanders to advise you about.

As I have seen in this perverted world, morality or 'principle' is a useful excuse only when an offer is not good enough. Make an offer a person can't refuse, and she will quickly flush morality and principles down the toilet. No be today.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Seeeeeeee: 8:34am On Jul 02, 2016
Jobia:
oh but you seem to not have a brain at all. I doubt its the same post you read. Please go back and read the post..this time slowly.
Besides the man is not supposed to initiate anything sexual in the first place at all. That is a workplace for goodness sake! I expect you to condemn the act to not come up with a bull story of how 'we men' chase everything in short skirts.
People marry their co worker, can you please tell me how did it start? You don' understand the rules of engagement, displaying of affection is not bad but an act of harrasment or rape is bad. The man started by holding her hand, her reaction there would have sent the man away but according to her she acted maturely. Please i don't like arguing with a kid because from your level of reasoning it seems you're one.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
People marry their co worker, can you please tell me how did it start? You don' understand the rules of engagement, displaying of affection is not bad but an act of harrasment or rape is bad. The man started by holding her hand, her reaction there would have sent the man away but according to her she acted maturely. Please i don't like arguing with a kid because from your write up it seems your one.
ok i get it now the man intends to marry op by placing her hand on his d*ck. If there's any kid on here, my friend, its definitely you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Seeeeeeee: 8:50am On Jul 02, 2016
Jobia:
ok i get it now the man intends to marry op by placing her hand on his d*ck. If there's any kid on here, my friend, its definitely you.
The joke is on you little gal, what was the op waiting for for it to get to that level, was she raped?
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Ejehjoe(m): 8:51am On Jul 02, 2016
Pls, my dear Estherfaith, its abnormal for you to be harassed but its a thing of common experience in private companies. I do not advice you to take legal steps aiming at claiming damages in court. That will tarnish your image severely. Almost all beautiful or pretty ladies have suffered such at one point or another in their life. Continue to give the man good reasons why you will not do that. Remind him of his position both in the "faith" and as a conpany owner. Tell and show him that you respect him a great deal. While this is going on, intensify your efforts searching for another job.
If you leave that company in a sack, know that it can never appear in your CV. No employer would take you if stories of court suing your former boss looms.
Maintain yourself until you leave him peacefully. He will commend you and recommend you for good things later in life. I speak from experience as a business owner.
All the best, dear!!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 02, 2016
MissRike:
I understand you coz I've been there before although I was not harassed, my previous boss used to throw sexual glances at me but I refuted. It's always common amongst these so-called married men behaving like saints but, that's not enough reason to leave your job except you're not enjoying your job again.......I'll advise you to still keep your job for now coz life outside job is not smiling o but, try looking elsewhere for jobs and keep acting maturely. I'd like to add this, pls, watch ur dressing too.

I'm MissRike
very important. ..change ur dressing..d kast time i was harrassed at IT work, i started wearing big skirt nd tops....some taught i was a deeper life. wen dey see me nw dey get surprised like..u look different.
just try to cover up well..dnt quit...job no dey
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by tonio2wo: 9:13am On Jul 02, 2016
Estherfaith:

Wish I had another source of income. Thanks for your advice.
What r ur passions? Interior design, fashion, makeup? Whatever it is start developing it on ur spare time. So that if u have to quit someday u will have something to fall on while u search for another job.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by freetongue(m): 9:23am On Jul 02, 2016
1. Be sure you are not sending wrong signal especially through you dress and attitudes.

2. Stop smiling or rather put on a frank face when you are always with him.

3. Take it to God in prayer, you can ask for your pastors or trusted prayer fervent church brethren to pray along with you.

4. Start looking for a new job....However, do not let that stop you instantly when you can't take it anymore or when he went to far!

Be Strong, Be Prepared, Be Good, Never Compromise!
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by smartn09(m): 9:47am On Jul 02, 2016
Estherfaith:

Apart from his words, no concrete evidence.
@op, l hv seen that non of all these advice will give a good image neither can it make you a scent. Being exceptionally discreetive as woman is always important and you has acted likewise by making this post.But very unfortunate , we the elders and masters of the arts where very much away before now. To begin with, l would say that your boss has not gone against the nature of man and would add that , the burden is on you to approach him maturely enough which maketh man or woman of quality.Can you know that, there out are hundreds of ladies who are more skilled than you ,who would welcome the job and the man 's advances as well? What if same thing happened in your next job? Maturity is only in the words and not elsewhere. To give you a clue, sit down and draft a letter in a virgin paper with an ornate envelope and send to him. Preamble: My dearest boss, In as much as l would want to work with you and accord you my heart warming respect as my elder brother and mentor, l would want to let you know that l'm on a serious commitment to whom l will soon introduce to you. Therefore, could you please permit me to toil with you open mindedly without infringing on my personal will. Sir, l promise, l will give you the best of my service in other areas without hesitation. With greatest regard, l love to work with you sir, kindly spare my juvenile behavior. Yours Olaa k, happy weekend sir. Note, no ? mark anywhere needed, he's your boss. And l promise , you will retain your job for life.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Frank3n2(m): 9:51am On Jul 02, 2016
columbus007:
bros haba now grin all becos say him wan try see weda he fit fucck cheesy
Yes na. So that we go watch am.. grin
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by tartarus(m): 9:56am On Jul 02, 2016
ofemigeorge:
The way you dress is the way people address u. Do u have a big booty and wear very tight short skirt. You makeup are they heavy that makes you look like a lose girl. You shirt may be too tight showing cleavage. I still use to say it most of all these women makeup, fake hair, lip stuck are possess things from Marine world to make men loss control sexually towards the wearer. Make I no start to dey preach....just look more decent.

Look at this crap sad
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by tartarus(m): 10:07am On Jul 02, 2016
Nigerian men. Smh. Someone complains about being sexually harassed and it has become her fault. It has become her mode of dressing and sending wrong signals. What a disgrace!! Young men now see nothing wrong with sexual harassment and rape. It's never the fault of the man. *spits* animals! undecided

Our sisters and daughters aren't safe.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Jfactor(m): 10:12am On Jul 02, 2016
2sexycom:
bros, she might be caught. Spy pen does the magic.

Spy pen is common, the best is either belt or bottom.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by 2sexycom(m): 10:25am On Jul 02, 2016
Jfactor:

Spy pen is common, the best is either belt or bottom.
yeah... she can check Aliexpress.com for what fits her need as long as it's conspicuously hidden without being noticed like a phone would easily expose her.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Franky826: 10:27am On Jul 02, 2016
daewoorazer:
Vry simple...get al those secret camcoder or perhaps use ur pone...always place it in positn wen xpecting him...

Once u av a vid record of him tryin to harass u, replicate in folds and show him u'l sue him next time he tries sumthn funy wch includes sackn u without reason.

I hope its nt estherfabian hiding unda dat moniker shocked

lol this is smartest answer. I have caught many mofos trying some funny stuffs with my FBI 'spy tools' camera. it's a really intelligent stuff.

At OP follow this advice o. and then try get his wife's number and include it in the list of people that you'll forward his moves to.

Ehee less I forgot try and backup all your videos to a cloud account like dropbox, Google drive, yandex and co. The last mofo I caught was a lady. Backed up all the videos and when she denied I just played the video to her. she quickly snatched it. smashed the phone on the ground took out the memory card and put in her bag and the transferred some money to me for another phone.
was just there looking at her like...

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by 1miccza: 10:28am On Jul 02, 2016
daewoorazer:
Vry simple...get al those secret camcoder or perhaps use ur pone...always place it in positn wen xpecting him...

Once u av a vid record of him tryin to harass u, replicate in folds and show him u'l sue him next time he tries sumthn funy wch includes sackn u without reason.

I hope its nt estherfabian hiding unda dat moniker shocked

I agree with this completely. Please try to stay as far away from him as possible in addition to this to avoid harassment and his problems... I know getting another job isn't that easy......
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by 1miccza: 10:30am On Jul 02, 2016
smartn09:
@op, l hv seen that non of all these advice will give a good image neither can it make you a scent. Being exceptionally discreetive as woman is always important and you has acted likewise by making this post.But very unfortunate , we the elders and masters of the arts where very much away before now. To begin with, l would say that your boss has not gone against the nature of man and would add that , the burden is on you to approach him maturely enough which maketh man or woman of quality.Can you know that, there out are hundreds of ladies who are more skilled than you ,who would welcome the job and the man 's advances as well? What if same thing happened in your next job? Maturity is only in the words and not elsewhere. To give you a clue, sit down and draft a letter in a virgin paper with an ornate envelope and send to him. Preamble: My dearest boss, In as much as l would want to work with you and accord you my heart warming respect as my elder brother and mentor, l would want to let you know that l'm on a serious commitment to whom l will soon introduce to you. Therefore, could you please permit me to toil with you open mindedly without infringing on my personal will. Sir, l promise, l will give you the best of my service in other areas without hesitation. With greatest regard, l love to work with you sir, kindly spare my juvenile behavior. Yours Olaa k, happy weekend sir. Note, no ? mark anywhere needed, he's your boss. And l promise , you will retain your job for life.

This is a huge 'NO' NO
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by daewoorazer(m): 10:39am On Jul 02, 2016
lonelydora:

Best advice so far.

grin ...My boss!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by JhyMedex: 10:41am On Jul 02, 2016
Florblu:
Before following this advice please make sure you've gotten another source of income.
Next time he tries to harass you(seems I read you were tempted to slap him)do it,give him a resounding slap if possible 3 resounding slaps.Create a wild scene let other staff witness this.Leave the office right away and report their the following day while you wait for your sack letter.
Hahaha.. Hmm.. Slap?..
Don't try it o....
Gals no get respect again dis days sef...
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by daewoorazer(m): 10:42am On Jul 02, 2016
Franky826:

lol this is smartest answer. I have caught many mofos trying some funny stuffs with my FBI 'spy tools' camera. it's a really intelligent stuff.

At OP follow this advice o. and then try get his wife's number and include it in the list of people that you'll forward his moves to.

Ehee less I forgot try and backup all your videos to a cloud account like dropbox, Google drive, yandex and co. The last mofo I caught was a lady. Backed up all the videos and when she denied I just played the video to her. she quickly snatched it. smashed the phone on the ground took out the memory card and put in her bag and the transferred some money to me for another phone.
was just there looking at her like...

Egbon Franky826, u bad o shocked

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by lahit14(m): 10:49am On Jul 02, 2016
telemapreye1:
Been there, but in my own case I quit the job....cant go and sell my body cos of job.
Hmm!! Women like u a rare especially given the way our country has been. The hardship, the joblessness. Employers knw this hence the reason they try to tak advantage cos atleast 90pec of women will budge and who will blame them. They just want to survive..If u really did it. I SALUTE U!!
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by lyricalz: 11:29am On Jul 02, 2016
1: Get married, probably bcuz u're single n sexy.
2: Record ur coversation without his knowledge, this is an important weapon to ruin him if he still advance.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by lyricalz: 11:29am On Jul 02, 2016
1: Get married, probably bcuz u're single n sexy.
2: Record ur coversation without his knowledge, this is an important weapon to ruin him if he still advance.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by bayulll011(m): 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2016
Estherfaith:

No, I am not a virgin and I am a little above the normal average cup size, so my cloths might look 'too fitting', but I am a lady, I cover up well.
Yes, I feel my silence made it get to this stage. unfortunately, he is the owner of the company.

why answer that pervert if u 're a virgin nko is that the issues get a video and voice recorder,next time he harasse u slap him front and back create a wonderful scene sue him worth lot of millions of naira if u need a good lawyer hola hola
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Tycoon00000001(m): 12:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
Pray about it,threaten him with his wife
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by pippimp(m): 12:20pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Ok what do u want to hear?
From your statemet he started by holding your hand and you acted maturely...

Now his hands is getting down your private part according by your post....

We men behave funny when we see a girl as cheap with slutry behaviour, so co ordinate your self no man will try lowering his hand down your private part in the office or talk of sex with you if you behave responsible.

Let me guess. You are king on the planet of the apes.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by pippimp(m): 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
And your mother is the Queen right?

Only a pre historic man would say it is the fault of the victim for sexual assault/rape. That is hallmark of a potential rapist.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 02, 2016
ofemigeorge:
The way you dress is the way people address u. Do u have a big booty and wear very tight short skirt. You makeup are they heavy that makes you look like a lose girl. You shirt may be too tight showing cleavage. I still use to say it most of all these women makeup, fake hair, lip stuck are possess things from Marine world to make men loss control sexually towards the wearer. Make I no start to dey preach....just look more decent.

thunder faya that ya China phone wey u dey use type nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Driver Returns Missing Wallet With Cash To Passenger (Photo) / Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications / How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.