Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out (41685 Views)

Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? / Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! / Osun Lawyers In Suit Cutting Grasses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Gavel(m): 11:22pm On Feb 27, 2018
Port Harcourt based 11 years post call legal practitioner.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 11:32pm On Feb 27, 2018
skybeauty:
Gud day house... This is a really nice innovation. I am 4 years post call and have been into active legal practice since I was called but I had to quit my present law firm cos I just got married and I needed to relocate to Abj join my hubby. Currently I am looking for a law firm in Abuja... Pls I need recommendations from lawyers in Abuja

Welcome. I think knowing those areas of practice you've been active in will be good too.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 11:33pm On Feb 27, 2018
Gavel:
Port Harcourt based 11 years post call legal practitioner.

Whao. Eligible for the silk. Welcome Sir. We hope to learn from the wealth of knowledge and experience that come with being in the bar for over a decade.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by jurist21(m): 12:53am On Feb 28, 2018
Fussbot:
This thread is absolutely amazing. A job well done sir. I am a part 4 law student of O. A. U. I'm following the thread with keen interest.
Part 4 Unical, i hail you from my end.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by skybeauty(f): 7:24am On Feb 28, 2018
[quote author=Hidentity post=65428062]

Welcome. I think knowing those areas of practice you've been active in will be good too. [/quotke]

OK tnk u so much, my areas of interest are... Court room advocacy in both civil and criminal, corporate practice, Enforcement of Fundamental Rights. I also have first hand experience in drafting originating processes
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by popsy2(m): 9:04am On Feb 28, 2018
Good news counsel. TEMPEST CONSULTING is a firm that prides itself with novel ideas in the job market. Truth is this; you may submit your applications to a thousand and one law firms and it wouldn't get past the secretary. How about giving you direct access to the principals of reputable law firms (Abuja only, albeit some have branches across the country)?
Enough said, we can strike a bargain. Mail me at Tempes121@gmail.com

NB - your chances greatly improve with a personal interaction with Principals/Head of chambers. We have over 800 contacts of firm owners in our data base.

In addition, we take care of your CAC briefs. We get it done cheap and fast !

Note further that we charge a token for our troubles. Accept our warmest regards.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by adeyanju65(m): 10:48am On Feb 28, 2018
ayatt:

here is mine 08143264124.
mine 07038257219
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Oik31: 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm a corper presently in Lagos and in need of a ppa, particularly on the mainland, I don't mind working for free, I just need a place to work and learn.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by LegitBoy(m): 3:41pm On Feb 28, 2018
Hidentity:

I responded. I sent you the name of the firm and the address. I was even thinking you have filled it as agreed. Maybe it dropped in the spam. I still have a copy of the mail I sent you. You should have raised it before now. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Okay sir.. .i didn't get the link.. .i was actually thinking you changed your mind. Please can you send it to me on Whatsapp 09034424898 since it won't be safe to drop yours here.

Thanks.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by LegitBoy(m): 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2018
Oik31:
Hi everyone, I'm a corper presently in Lagos and in need of a ppa, particularly on the mainland, I don't mind working for free, I just need a place to work and learn.
A commercial Law firm based in Central Lagos, requires the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:

Job Title: Lawyer
Job Summary
 We require the services of a Lawyer with bias for Commercial Litigation.
Requirements
 Interested Legal Practitioners with at least three (3) years post NYSC experience.
https:///9VkTEVyi7Aq9s089U0h1u5

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to:
The Principal Partner,
P.O. Box 8542,
Marina,
Lagos State.
Or
By e-mail to: Salauwunmi17@gmail.com
Application Deadline 13th March, 2018.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 3:59pm On Feb 28, 2018
LegitBoy:
Okay sir.. .i didn't get the link.. .i was actually thinking you changed your mind. Please can you send it to me on Whatsapp 09034424898 since it won't be safe to drop yours here.

Thanks.

Thought you said you've filled it?
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
LegitBoy:
A commercial Law firm based in Central Lagos, requires the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:

Job Summary
Requirements
 Interested Legal Practitioners with at least three (3) years post NYSC experience.

How to Apply
The Principal Partner,
P.O. Box 8542,
Marina,
Lagos State.
Or

The principal partner of where? An applicant should know the name of the firm he or she is applying to. 'The principal partner' doesn't suffice.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by LegitBoy(m): 5:01pm On Feb 28, 2018
Hidentity:

Thought you said you've filled it?
Yes but I didn't include any chamber.. I have a contact person at the students affairs.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by LegitBoy(m): 5:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
Hidentity:

The principal partner of where? An applicant should know the name of the firm he or she is applying to. 'The principal partner' doesn't suffice.
That's true.. .i saw the post on a Whatsapp group I belong to for Jobs/Vacancies.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Oik31: 5:04pm On Feb 28, 2018
Post☹I'm still a corper , can I apply?
LegitBoy:

Job Summary
Requirements

How to Apply
The Principal Partner,
P.O. Box 8542,
Marina,
Lagos State.
Or
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 7:09pm On Feb 28, 2018
LegitBoy:
Yes but I didn't include any chamber.. I have a contact person at the students affairs.
Okay. Send me a dm. I'll send the name. Let me know here once you get it, please.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by ijekul(m): 6:29am On Mar 01, 2018
This is a nice and Excellent Idea. I'm 3 years post call currently Based in Benin. Hope to learn and relearn from you all
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by LegitBoy(m): 1:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
Oak Homes is one of the leading Real Estate Development Companies in Nigeria. We pride ourselves in our team of young, innovative and creative individuals, who possess combined experiences spanning over two (2) decades. We are lovers of creative ART. This reflects in our work and can be observed in our masterpieces of Real Estate Portfolio.

We are looking to recruit a suitable candidate for the position below:

Job Title: Legal/Executive Assistant to the CEO

Job Summary

You are responsible for assisting the CEO organise his schedules, read his reports, emails, and correspondence, attend to his guest, represent him in meetings etc.
As a Lawyer, you are responsible for drafting legal contracts, giving legal advice and making sure business is done within legal boundaries.

Job Description

Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with clients
Prepare internal and external corporate documents
Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele
Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries
Arrange corporate events to take place outside of the work place e.g. staff appreciation events etc

Requirements

LLB Degree Law and through with Law school (Compulsory)
A good understanding of business law, contract drafting and Joint Venture agreements
Good organising skills and pays attention to details
Computer Savvy
3-5years experience as a legal advisor, company secretary or executive assistant
Willingness to travel
Excellent communications skills (Both oral and written)
Can draft contracts
Mature and well coordinated
Very smart, Agile and intelligent

How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV’s to: hradmin@oakhomeslimited.comusing the role as the subject of mail
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by LegitBoy(m): 2:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
Hidentity:

Okay. Send me a dm. I'll send the name. Let me know here once you get it, please.
i'm very sorry sir.. .the fault was from me from onset. I just realized the mail I'm using on Nairaland is not my email but old one.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by tadarachael: 3:16pm On Mar 01, 2018
Good day brothers

Please, who knows a Corper who
1. Finished law school
2. Resident is Abuja
3. Knows how to use the Microsoft word very well *That is can type fast and very*
4. Has a personal laptop
5. Has a flair for litigation

Please send your CV to emysolution@yahoo.com with a caption *Lawyer Recruit* on or before *9th March, 2018*
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by LegitBoy(m): 3:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
tadarachael:
Good day brothers

Please, who knows a Corper who
1. Finished law school
2. Resident is Abuja
3. Knows how to use the Microsoft word very well *That is can type fast and very*
4. Has a personal laptop
5. Has a flair for litigation

Please send your CV to emysolution@yahoo.com with a caption *Lawyer Recruit* on or before *9th March, 2018*
Hope the remuneration is cool
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by oyiidoma1990(m): 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
Blawyer:

Any other interested person can drop his/her WhatsApp contact
am also interested in it. my WhatsApp number is 08174837913. please add me to the group.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 7:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
LegitBoy:
i'm very sorry sir.. .the fault was from me from onset. I just realized the mail I'm using on Nairaland is not my email but old one.

solobabs0907@gmail.com is my active email

I apologize for the inconvenience.

It is okay. I sent you a mail.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by LegitBoy(m): 11:20pm On Mar 01, 2018
Hidentity:

It is okay. I sent you a mail.

I have received your mail sir, thanks a bunch for your selfless efforts.. I appreciate.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Nobody: 6:36am On Mar 02, 2018
SUPREME COURT AND THE POLICE RECKLESSNESS
By: Abdulrasheed Ibrahim
Recently the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Ikeja branch popularly called the TIGER BRANCH announced to the public of its intention to ‘walk the talk’ against the Police’s harassment and oppression of the populace including the lawyers. The Lagos State Commissioner of Police having smelt a rat called for a ceasefire between the Police and the Tiger and at the end of the day the parties had a press conference where they had amicable discussion.
The attempt here is not to demonise the Police as an institution but to once again look at what the Police are not getting right so as to assist the Police Leadership in making amend where necessary. Several years back, I wrote an article where I asked the question: ARE POLICE DEBT COLLECTORS? Therein I quoted a Professor of Law, Ben Nwabueze (SAN) as follows:
“The duty of the police is definitely by law ,the prevention and detection of crime, the apprehension of offenders, preservation of law and order, the protection of property and the enforcement of all laws and regulations with which they are directly charged. For effective discharge of these duties, members of the police are given wide power including power to conduct criminal investigation; to arrest persons in certain circumstances without warrant; to serve court summons, to release on bail persons arrested without warrant; and to detain and search suspected persons”
I believe the law still remain the same till date but unfortunately many policemen and women have hidden under the said ‘wide power’ to perpetrate functions that are not within the power of police including collection of debt and hostage taking among others. When on the Court of Appeal Bench, Hon Justice Niki Tobi of blessed memory in the case of ACB Vs. Okonkwo (1997) 1 NWLR (Pt. 480) Page 123, descended heavily on those police officers who are in the habit of resorting to hostage taking and equally advised the police authority when he said:
“I know of no law which authorizes the police to arrest a mother for an offence committed or purportedly committed by her son. Criminal responsibility is personal and cannot be transferred. While am aware of cases of vicarious liability in criminal law, the instant case is certainly not one. A police officer who arrest “A” for the offence committed by “B” should realize that he has acted against the law, such police officer should be in addition to liability in civil action, be punished by the police authority. As a matter of fact, it bothers us so much for the police operating the law of arrest, after three decades of Nigeria’s independence to arrest and detain innocent citizens of this country for offence committed by their relations. That is a most uncivilized conduct and one that any person with a democratic mind should thoroughly detest and condemn. I detest and condemn the uncouth practice”.
When Mr. Ogbonnaya Onovo was appointed the Inspector General of Police some years back, I said in article titled THE IGP’s BURDEN :
“…The rate at which people are being robbed and kidnapped these days is becoming too alarming and this has put the security of lives and properties of the people at stake. All these are parts of the burden to be confronted by the Inspector General of Police in which he would require the supports and the cooperation of all his officers and men whose welfare he must also seriously look into because to whom much is given much is expected. And since the IGP himself has assured us in his words when being confirmed as the substantive IGP that: ‘The ethics of my profession demand, and I will ensure public safety, and security of all citizens. They demand that I protect the innocent from deception and ensure the constitutional rights of all citizens to equality and justice’. With this statement being from the horse’s mouth, one hope that the IGP would go a long way to justify all the good things that have been said about him by positively revolutionizing the entire Nigeria Police Force. If this is truly done, Mr. Onovo’s name will surely be on the positive side of history.”
Today , Mr. Onovo is no longer the Head of the Nigeria Police Force but the Head is Mr. Ibrahim Idris who should now be shouldered with this burden with all its lieutenants from the down to the top . Many Nigerian citizens have had the cause to drag the Police to courts for one violation or the other. Some of these cases that reached the Supreme Court on Police Recklessness were never in favour of Police as the Apex Court did not take that act very lightly as can be seen from the various remarkable pronouncements of our jurist.
REMARKABLE PRONOUNCEMENTS
ON POLICE RECKLESSNESS
“Indeed, the evidence before the trial court was quite overwhelming and points to the guilt of the appellant. Situation like this whereby policeman rashly bring out their guns (albeit to merely threaten or frighten citizens) is rapidly becoming rampant. They are meant to use the guns to safeguard the lives of the citizenry they are paid to protect, but the reverse is the case. A policeman will not hesitate to pull the trigger of his gun at the slightest provocation, and would indeed do that with relish and reckless abandon, not caring whether the consequence of his act will be fatal. The incident in the instant cases is a locus classicus. A law enforcement agent who is supposed to bring sanity and order on the road brings out his gun and fires it just because a driver obstructs his right of passage (that is even if there was an obstruction, as the evidence in court is that there wasn’t). In fact the mere fact that he deemed it necessary to bring out a gun from wherever he had kept it is enough act of recklessness, even if no shot was fired, and in this case there is ample evidence that it was. I believe such rash act must be stopped to prevent innocent lives from being wasted.”
Per MUKHTAR, JSC (as he then was) in Agbo Vs. The State (2006) 6 NWLR (Pt. 977) Pg. 586 Paras A-D
ON POLICE RECKLESSNESS
“Let me observe here, that it is becoming very notorious and most disturbing these days when policemen, use guns purchased for them with public money and meant for the protection of the citizenry are freely used to mow down innocent citizens of this country with reckless and careless abandon and in each cases or every event, the aggressive policeman, is heard to say and rely on “accidental discharge”. Enough, I think is enough. Unless the courts put down their feet so to speak and make it abundantly clear to our policemen in this country, that never again will such plea or defence be available to any of them accused of murder or acceptable by the courts, then of course, Nigerians will continuously be sprayed with bullets from the police who will hide on the plea “he was killed by stray bullet” or by “accidental discharge”. I suppose that when a gun is properly locked, stray bullets and accidental discharge syndrome will not occur. Invariably, accidental discharge, always occur, when some of the drivers, are unwilling and refuse to pay the N20.00 (Twenty Naira) or such money being extorted by the police at every check point (and there are so many on our roads, separated by very short distances). When such drivers refuse to stop, Oh yes, they must be carrying contraband goods or some imagined incriminating stuff. This state of affairs is of common knowledge and it is a notorious fact on our Nigeria roads.”
Per OGBUAGU, JSC in Adekunle Vs. State (2006) 6 SC Pgs. 233-234
ON POLICE RECKLESSNESS
“This case represents the height of man’s inhumanity to man. The appellant and his co-accused police constables employed by the nation to protect the lives and properties of its citizenry embarked on this unlawful mission in their brazen brutality, terminated the lives of these five innocent and defenseless victims, with unimaginable damages to their beloved ones and families back at their various homes. The case demonstrates the regrettable reality that the numerous police check points along our highways only give the citizenry a false sense of security.”
Per TABAI , JSC in Oyakhire Vs. State (2006) 15 NWLR (Pt. 1001) Pg 177 Paras C-D
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Muhsinkhan(m): 9:26am On Mar 02, 2018
jhubril:

Do you know Mr. Concord?
class of 2017
Concord!! Na MK be dis
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Tunbolity(m): 9:44pm On Mar 02, 2018
Here is the Naija Lawyers Connect whatsapp link https:///1CtT6kqMOxBC3jHvhDXtUk . Please maintain high level of maturity as you join because there are some senior members in the group

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 03, 2018
The whatsapp link is not working. Admin drop your number. Let intending members add you to their what app, then you add them to the group.

For the avoidance of adding non lawyers excluding lawyers in equity, I will suggest you have some questions and answers only an intending or practicing lawyer will know.
Thanks.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 03, 2018
Vacancy: Youth Corp Lawyers who are social media savvy.

Company: Law firm
Slots: 2
Preferably female.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Promxy94(m): 9:06am On Mar 03, 2018
Am a corper and a law graduat,but not called to bar.... Looking for a place to do my ppa to gain a wealth of experience...
Mail me on promxy94@gmail.com
Location port Harcourt
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Nobody: 12:48am On Mar 06, 2018
and this promising thread is dead. SMH sad
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Fussbot: 8:10am On Mar 07, 2018
Japhet04:
and this promising thread is dead. SMH sad
Mr hidentity must be so busy I guess.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

This 24-year-old Makes Millions Playing FIFA / The Ranking Structure Of The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) / Victor Agunbiade: US Navy Honours Nigerian Officer For Accountability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.