Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) (37567 Views)

Jussie Smollett Charged With Felony For Filing False Police Report / Tonto Dikeh Reacts To Jussie Mollett Gay Attack: I Know What Bible Says / Bobrisky Reacts To Jussie Mollett Homophobic Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Onyejemechimere(m): 10:22am On Feb 17, 2019
Empire star Jussie Smollett paid two Nigerian men to fake a MAGA hate crime against him..

(CNN) —
Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault against him last month.

The Nigerian brothers, who were arrested Wednesday, were released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence." The sources told CNN that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

The sources told CNN the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

Smollett identifies as gay and since 2015 has played the gay character of Jamal on the Fox TV drama "Empire."

What happened

According to Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi, the actor told detectives he was attacked by two men near the lower entrance of a Lowe's store in Chicago. Police were told the two men yelled "'Empire' fa***t" and "'Empire' n***er'" while striking him.

The day after the incident, police released surveillance images that showed two silhouetted individuals walking down a sidewalk, and police said they were wanted for questioning.

The two men were arrested Wednesday. Police on Friday said the men were being viewed as "potential suspects" and that detectives had "probable cause that they may have been involved in an alleged crime."

But by Friday night they had been released, Guglielmi said, "due to new evidence as a result of today's investigations."

"And detectives have additional investigative work to complete," he added.

One of the men has appeared on "Empire," Guglielmi said. A police source also told CNN on Friday night that the men had a previous affiliation with Smollett, but did not provide additional details.

They said he orchestrated it all.

Smollett has expressed frustration about not being believed

Following the alleged attack, Smollett's colleagues and fans rallied around him, expressing shock and sadness.

"We have to love each other regardless of what sexual orientation we are because it shows that we are united on a united front," Lee Daniels, the creator of "Empire," said in a video posted to his Instagram page on January 29. "And no racist f*** can come in and do the things that they did to you. Hold your head up, Jussie. I'm with you."

Smollett gave his first detailed account of what he says was a hate crime against him, and the aftermath, in an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America" that aired Thursday.

During the interview he expressed frustration at not being believed.

"It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more," Smollett said. "And that says a lot about the place where we are as a country right now."

Smollett also refuted reports that said he told police the attackers wore "Make America Great Again" hats.

"I never said that," he told ABC's Robin Roberts. "I didn't need to add anything like that. They called me a f****t, they called me a n****r. There's no which way you cut it. I don't need some MAGA hat as the cherry on some racist sundae."
©CNN
https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

[quote author=Onyejemechimere post=75816422]Empire star Jussie Smollett paid two Nigerian men to fake a MAGA hate crime against him..

(CNN) —
Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault against him last month.

The Nigerian brothers, who were arrested Wednesday, were released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence." The sources told CNN that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

The sources told CNN the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

Smollett identifies as gay and since 2015 has played the gay character of Jamal on the Fox TV drama "Empire."

What happened

According to Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi, the actor told detectives he was attacked by two men near the lower entrance of a Lowe's store in Chicago. Police were told the two men yelled "'Empire' fa***t" and "'Empire' n***er'" while striking him.

The day after the incident, police released surveillance images that showed two silhouetted individuals walking down a sidewalk, and police said they were wanted for questioning.

The two men were arrested Wednesday. Police on Friday said the men were being viewed as "potential suspects" and that detectives had "probable cause that they may have been involved in an alleged crime."

But by Friday night they had been released, Guglielmi said, "due to new evidence as a result of today's investigations."

"And detectives have additional investigative work to complete," he added.

One of the men has appeared on "Empire," Guglielmi said. A police source also told CNN on Friday night that the men had a previous affiliation with Smollett, but did not provide additional details.

They said he orchestrated it all.

Smollett has expressed frustration about not being believed

Following the alleged attack, Smollett's colleagues and fans rallied around him, expressing shock and sadness.

"We have to love each other regardless of what sexual orientation we are because it shows that we are united on a united front," Lee Daniels, the creator of "Empire," said in a video posted to his Instagram page on January 29. "And no racist f*** can come in and do the things that they did to you. Hold your head up, Jussie. I'm with you."

Smollett gave his first detailed account of what he says was a hate crime against him, and the aftermath, in an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America" that aired Thursday.

During the interview he expressed frustration at not being believed.

"It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more," Smollett said. "And that says a lot about the place where we are as a country right now."

Smollett also refuted reports that said he told police the attackers wore "Make America Great Again" hats.

"I never said that," he told ABC's Robin Roberts. "I didn't need to add anything like that. They called me a f****t, they called me a n****r. There's no which way you cut it. I don't need some MAGA hat as the cherry on some racist sundae."
©CNN
https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Onyejemechimere(m): 10:23am On Feb 17, 2019
Nigerian used 2006 Toyota Tundra for sale. DVD, clean in and out, no fault, no scratch. 2.1m

Call 0 8 1. 0450 10 26

1 Share

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by jabor4Naija(m): 10:37am On Feb 17, 2019
Why will he orchestrate d attack? I'm confused sha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by DayDreamer05(m): 10:43am On Feb 17, 2019
No
Peace
For
The
ASSHOLES

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by daddytime(m): 10:44am On Feb 17, 2019
Busted attention-craving-pity-partyer..

He Never expected the brothers would be tracked down and they were left with no option than to sing out loud to save their heads...

Attention seeking gone wrong

45 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Baddiezz(f): 10:56am On Feb 17, 2019
He claimed to be assaulted by Trump supporters in a hate crime and gave a very inconsistent and unbelievable story. There were all sorts of reasons people doubted it- the unlikelihood of anyone recognizing him at night in -20 degree temperatures or the fact he was carrying a cell phone in one hand, subway sandwich in the other, and 'fought back' yet was on video walking away unscathed, sandwich in hand.
His story was very widely touted in the media and lots of celebrities, talk shows, politicians, etc lined up to denounce the attack and use it as a reason to condemn Trump. Multiple democratic presidential candidates issued statements condemning the supposed hate crime, and Jussie was given prime airtime to tell his story, and we got to watch Ellen Page go on Colbert's show and give a real impassioned denunciation of Trump and whatnot.
Now in the past few days details have trickled out from the Chicago PD investigation that are establishing how Jussie Smollett orchestrated the whole thing. The two attackers he had described as white men wearing MAGA caps were actually two black nigerian extras from Empire and his gym buddies. His botched attempt to mislead police with doctored cell phone logs led investigators right to his conspirators, and police quickly had proof of them using Lyft to that part of town and back, and buying the clothesline used as a noose. When questioned, they spilled the beans and said Jussie paid them $4000 to stage the assault. Now we're at the point where the nigerians have been released without charges, but police wish to question Jussie again, and he has lawyered up hardcore.

125 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Eeser: 11:02am On Feb 17, 2019
Guilty as charged
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by ninodaniel(m): 12:32pm On Feb 17, 2019
jussie gay Smollett don cast himself las las but y must e b Nigerians? naija no dey carry last

17 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by dominique(f): 12:37pm On Feb 17, 2019
His career is as good as dead

jabor4Naija:

To gain sympathy, to gain relevance, to become more popular. Didn't you see the massive outpour of support all over the world following the incident?

57 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by PMBuhariGCFR: 12:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
Deport all of them back to Nigeria. Let them suffer small.

9 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by donprinyo(m): 12:39pm On Feb 17, 2019
Seriously?
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Uglyaddy: 12:40pm On Feb 17, 2019
I pray he get prosecuted for this.

5 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Authoreety: 12:40pm On Feb 17, 2019
What!
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by horpeyemmi66(m): 12:40pm On Feb 17, 2019
Got stitches to get attention... That's lame though, very lame

3 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by ifyalways(f): 12:40pm On Feb 17, 2019
cheesy

No comment. Nigeria must somehow be linked to everything bad.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by sukerefakere(m): 12:40pm On Feb 17, 2019
Please BUHARI and who?

1 Like

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
Pvssy niggas shaa undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
shocked
jabor4Naija:
He seeks to paint the Trump administration bad..
But it has come back to bite him

Baddiezz:
He claimed to be assaulted by Trump supporters in a hate crime and gave a very inconsistent and unbelievable story. There were all sorts of reasons people doubted it- the unlikelihood of anyone recognizing him at night in -20 degree temperatures or the fact he was carrying a cell phone in one hand, subway sandwich in the other, and 'fought back' yet was on video walking away unscathed, sandwich in hand.
His story was very widely touted in the media and lots of celebrities, talk shows, politicians, etc lined up to denounce the attack and use it as a reason to condemn Trump. Multiple democratic presidential candidates issued statements condemning the supposed hate crime, and Jussie was given prime airtime to tell his story, and we got to watch Ellen Page go on Colbert's show and give a real impassioned denunciation of Trump and whatnot.
Now in the past few days details have trickled out from the Chicago PD investigation that are establishing how Jussie Smollett orchestrated the whole thing. The two attackers he had described as white men wearing MAGA caps were actually two black nigerian extras from Empire and his gym buddies. His botched attempt to mislead police with doctored cell phone logs led investigators right to his conspirators, and police quickly had proof of them using Lyft to that part of town and back, and buying the clothesline used as a noose. When questioned, they spilled the beans and said Jussie paid them $4000 to stage the assault. Now we're at the point where the nigerians have been released without charges, but police wish to question Jussie again, and he has lawyered up hardcore.

This is surprising..
He should be prosecuted if found guilty..

I actually felt somehow about the news when it first broke (Like it was fake).. I guess I was right.
May God help us all.

14 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by MobilityExpress: 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
jabor4Naija:

Propaganda to convert more people to gays.

20 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by OgbanjeProphet: 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
Guy man wan use naija men trend and he don trend.

But he never hear say 'Naija no dey carry last'.

13 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by mctfopt: 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
Now this is awkward

3 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by introvertme: 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
The desperation of the left to paint trump bad is troubling.

Issues like this will no longer be taken seriously because fools like this are out there making shiit up.

People who are dumb are always given more spotlight and even seek more attention than the smart ones in every movement.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by nijabazaar: 12:42pm On Feb 17, 2019
I wish i am gay...

To become famous...
To be sought after by the media
To be on everyone's lips.
To be offered a movie role.
To be Manolo Blaniks Shoe model
To go on Gucci's Runway
To get visa to Canada without hassles
Finally to escape Poverty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by GraciasMagisco(m): 12:42pm On Feb 17, 2019
Get a life clothpole, Not sure why the lgbt community are tryna stay relevant, more like me screaming "watching me!! I'm straight!! Smh

9 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by GraciasMagisco(m): 12:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
nijabazaar:
I wish i am gay...

To become famous...
To be sought after by the media
Sadly they're tryna make 'em relevant��
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Manbiggs(m): 12:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
He wants us to feel sorry for sisses

3 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by shogosco: 12:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
I'm here to read comment...
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 17, 2019
Gays are liars and have the victim mentality

9 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Khd95(m): 12:44pm On Feb 17, 2019
I don't watch empire so I don't know him tongue

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tunde Ednut Celebrates His 37th Birthday In 8 Countries. P'square Buy Cow / Toby Grey Reacts To The Comparison Of Her With Tiwa Savage / Ireti Osayemi Shows Off Her Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.