Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) (37584 Views)

Jussie Smollett Charged With Felony For Filing False Police Report / Tonto Dikeh Reacts To Jussie Mollett Gay Attack: I Know What Bible Says / Bobrisky Reacts To Jussie Mollett Homophobic Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Dollabiz: 1:39pm On Feb 17, 2019
insane
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by chidooh1: 1:53pm On Feb 17, 2019
They should mention their names. Blacks all over the world always hide under that name Nigeria to commit crimes.
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by bjjose: 1:57pm On Feb 17, 2019
And his dad was crying like a baby.
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Jaqenhghar: 1:58pm On Feb 17, 2019
Baddiezz:
He claimed to be assaulted by Trump supporters in a hate crime and gave a very inconsistent and unbelievable story. There were all sorts of reasons people doubted it- the unlikelihood of anyone recognizing him at night in -20 degree temperatures or the fact he was carrying a cell phone in one hand, subway sandwich in the other, and 'fought back' yet was on video walking away unscathed, sandwich in hand.
His story was very widely touted in the media and lots of celebrities, talk shows, politicians, etc lined up to denounce the attack and use it as a reason to condemn Trump. Multiple democratic presidential candidates issued statements condemning the supposed hate crime, and Jussie was given prime airtime to tell his story, and we got to watch Ellen Page go on Colbert's show and give a real impassioned denunciation of Trump and whatnot.
Now in the past few days details have trickled out from the Chicago PD investigation that are establishing how Jussie Smollett orchestrated the whole thing. The two attackers he had described as white men wearing MAGA caps were actually two black nigerian extras from Empire and his gym buddies. His botched attempt to mislead police with doctored cell phone logs led investigators right to his conspirators, and police quickly had proof of them using Lyft to that part of town and back, and buying the clothesline used as a noose. When questioned, they spilled the beans and said Jussie paid them $4000 to stage the assault. Now we're at the point where the nigerians have been released without charges, but police wish to question Jussie again, and he has lawyered up hardcore.
Na wa O. Those guys don chop 4k free. Nice

1 Like

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by donbenie(m): 2:05pm On Feb 17, 2019
jabor4Naija:
Why will he orchestrate d attack? I'm confused sha
Why won't he orchestrate an attack? Is he not trending or is that not enough reason to fake an attack on himself? shocked
No be this Naija we all dey when someone dey fake him own death?

1 Like

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by firstolalekan(m): 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2019
Onyejemechimere:
Empire star Jussie Smollett paid two Nigerian men to fake a MAGA hate crime against him..

(CNN) —
Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault against him last month.

The Nigerian brothers, who were arrested Wednesday, were released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence." The sources told CNN that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

The sources told CNN the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

Smollett identifies as gay and since 2015 has played the gay character of Jamal on the Fox TV drama "Empire."

What happened

According to Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi, the actor told detectives he was attacked by two men near the lower entrance of a Lowe's store in Chicago. Police were told the two men yelled "'Empire' fa***t" and "'Empire' n***er'" while striking him.

The day after the incident, police released surveillance images that showed two silhouetted individuals walking down a sidewalk, and police said they were wanted for questioning.

The two men were arrested Wednesday. Police on Friday said the men were being viewed as "potential suspects" and that detectives had "probable cause that they may have been involved in an alleged crime."

But by Friday night they had been released, Guglielmi said, "due to new evidence as a result of today's investigations."

"And detectives have additional investigative work to complete," he added.

One of the men has appeared on "Empire," Guglielmi said. A police source also told CNN on Friday night that the men had a previous affiliation with Smollett, but did not provide additional details.

They said he orchestrated it all.

Smollett has expressed frustration about not being believed

Following the alleged attack, Smollett's colleagues and fans rallied around him, expressing shock and sadness.

"We have to love each other regardless of what sexual orientation we are because it shows that we are united on a united front," Lee Daniels, the creator of "Empire," said in a video posted to his Instagram page on January 29. "And no racist f*** can come in and do the things that they did to you. Hold your head up, Jussie. I'm with you."

Smollett gave his first detailed account of what he says was a hate crime against him, and the aftermath, in an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America" that aired Thursday.

During the interview he expressed frustration at not being believed.

"It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more," Smollett said. "And that says a lot about the place where we are as a country right now."

Smollett also refuted reports that said he told police the attackers wore "Make America Great Again" hats.

"I never said that," he told ABC's Robin Roberts. "I didn't need to add anything like that. They called me a f****t, they called me a n****r. There's no which way you cut it. I don't need some MAGA hat as the cherry on some racist sundae."
©CNN
https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

I detest that gay bastard
He made me to stop watching the series

3 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Notmyproblem: 2:32pm On Feb 17, 2019
chidooh1:
They should mention their names. Blacks all over the world always hide under that name Nigeria to commit crimes.

Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo

They are Afonjas. grin

https://us.yahoo.com/gma/chicago-detectives-eager-speak-jussie-smollett-information-emerges-000511951--abc-news-topstories.html

3 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Notmyproblem: 2:35pm On Feb 17, 2019
IntrovertedK:
Everybody sends Nigerians on evil erands. They know they love money and can do anything to have it.

Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo there are the descendants of the brown roof republic. grin

https://us.yahoo.com/gma/chicago-detectives-eager-speak-jussie-smollett-information-emerges-000511951--abc-news-topstories.html

1 Like

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Notmyproblem: 2:37pm On Feb 17, 2019
@op please edit the title and put the names of the paid attackers: Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo.

Here is the source with their names.

2 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by chidooh1: 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2019

2 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
Notmyproblem:

Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo there are the descendants of the brown roof republic. grin

arindin ni e. Is Etuk the Nigerian sent by Ghanaians big goons to kidnap for them also Yoruba? It's same way Isis sent abdulmutallab to help them bomb a plane that year too though he wasn't doing his for money.

1 Like

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by adefitim(m): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
Onyejemechimere:
Empire star Jussie Smollett paid two Nigerian men to fake a MAGA hate crime against him..

(CNN) —
Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault against him last month.

The Nigerian brothers, who were arrested Wednesday, were released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence." The sources told CNN that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

The sources told CNN the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

Smollett identifies as gay and since 2015 has played the gay character of Jamal on the Fox TV drama "Empire."

What happened

According to Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi, the actor told detectives he was attacked by two men near the lower entrance of a Lowe's store in Chicago. Police were told the two men yelled "'Empire' fa***t" and "'Empire' n***er'" while striking him.

The day after the incident, police released surveillance images that showed two silhouetted individuals walking down a sidewalk, and police said they were wanted for questioning.

The two men were arrested Wednesday. Police on Friday said the men were being viewed as "potential suspects" and that detectives had "probable cause that they may have been involved in an alleged crime."

But by Friday night they had been released, Guglielmi said, "due to new evidence as a result of today's investigations."

"And detectives have additional investigative work to complete," he added.

One of the men has appeared on "Empire," Guglielmi said. A police source also told CNN on Friday night that the men had a previous affiliation with Smollett, but did not provide additional details.

They said he orchestrated it all.

Smollett has expressed frustration about not being believed

Following the alleged attack, Smollett's colleagues and fans rallied around him, expressing shock and sadness.

"We have to love each other regardless of what sexual orientation we are because it shows that we are united on a united front," Lee Daniels, the creator of "Empire," said in a video posted to his Instagram page on January 29. "And no racist f*** can come in and do the things that they did to you. Hold your head up, Jussie. I'm with you."

Smollett gave his first detailed account of what he says was a hate crime against him, and the aftermath, in an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America" that aired Thursday.

During the interview he expressed frustration at not being believed.

"It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more," Smollett said. "And that says a lot about the place where we are as a country right now."

Smollett also refuted reports that said he told police the attackers wore "Make America Great Again" hats.

"I never said that," he told ABC's Robin Roberts. "I didn't need to add anything like that. They called me a f****t, they called me a n****r. There's no which way you cut it. I don't need some MAGA hat as the cherry on some racist sundae."
©CNN
https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

When this fine ought to killing those babes with good fucking but turned out to be gay
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by ifeanyiatuadu: 3:54pm On Feb 17, 2019
what is this op saying sef the title is not what he's writing
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Boss13: 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
jabor4Naija:
Why will he orchestrate d attack? I'm confused sha

For fame and support. Celebrities do it a lot. They seek attention. They want to be in the news. They don’t want people to forget about them. The more people remember they exist, they more jobs they get.

His actions are disgusting though. I also think he is not outrightly gay, but choose to be because of the benefits he gains.

2 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by ovoP(m): 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
dominique:
His career is as good as dead

To gain sympathy, to gain relevance, to become more popular. Didn't you see the massive outpour of support all over the world following the incident?
pls I sent u a dm
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by jabor4Naija(m): 5:03pm On Feb 17, 2019
donbenie:
Why won't he orchestrate an attack? Is he not trending or is that not enough reason to fake an attack on himself? shocked
No be this Naija we all dey when someone dey fake him own death?
Dats true o, mr skibi but he later came out to say he actually died for a few minutes cos of a sickness he had
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by jabor4Naija(m): 5:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
IntrovertedK:
prolly hatred for Trump. He made it seems it was Trump supporters that attacked him. According to what i read though.
But he later back tracked his statement saying he didnt tell d police dat they were wearing trump's campaign cap
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by jabor4Naija(m): 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2019
chukwugoziegi:

To make people hate trump and his followers the more
Wrong move
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by jabor4Naija(m): 5:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
don4real18:

Attention dude. Public sympathy. Promotion of homosexuality
Sometimes i wonder if most of dis guys don't think things thru before acting on dem
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by jabor4Naija(m): 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2019
Boss13:

For fame and support. Celebrities do it a lot. They seek attention. They want to be in the news. They don’t want people to forget about them. The more people remember they exist, they more jobs they get.

His actions are disgusting though. I also think he is not outrightly gay, but choose to be because of the benefits he gains.
I really do ve doubts abt him being gay

1 Like

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by jabor4Naija(m): 5:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Propaganda to convert more people to gays.
He is actually stupid if he thinks such action will make ppl come out of d closet
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2019
These radical leftist are doing more harm than good.

1 Like

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
This motherfucking attention seeker is the reason one dreg on this forum has the audacity to quote me and say rubbish like the scum he is. Fagg0ts and their supporter are cretins ,spits.
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by CharlesJok3r: 9:58pm On Feb 17, 2019
This nigga just ruined his career for life if this appears to be the truth.
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by TheShopKeeper(m): 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2019
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/16/sources-brothers-released-bought-rope-used-in-jussie-smollett-attack/

...too bad...if the allegations are true...then his short-lived career is over...
Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by hahn(m): 11:18pm On Feb 17, 2019
nijabazaar:
I wish i am gay...

To become famous...
To be sought after by the media
To be on everyone's lips.
To be offered a movie role.
To be Manolo Blaniks Shoe model
To go on Gucci's Runway
To get visa to Canada without hassles
Finally to escape Poverty

All they need is your yansh

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by daveP(m): 3:05am On Feb 18, 2019
ifyalways:
cheesy

No comment. Nigeria must somehow be linked to everything bad.
If this is true, then he very dumb.

Using Nigeria, Lagos Specifically as a boko haram stronghold in the Empire Series was not enough.

i still dont get why Nigerians didnt react to that crappy stunt. Not even Borno.... Lagos loun loun.

This guy must be missing Obama so much he is now acting foolish than ever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by iyapont: 11:07am On Feb 18, 2019
daveP:
If this is true, then he very dumb.

Using Nigeria, Lagos Specifically as a boko haram stronghold in the Empire Series was not enough.

i still dont get why Nigerians didnt react to that crappy stunt. Not even Borno.... Lagos loun loun.

This guy must be missing Obama so much he is now acting foolish than ever.
heard his current bf in Empire is also a Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) by daveP(m): 9:36pm On Feb 19, 2019
iyapont:
heard his current bf in Empire is also a Nigerian
Yeah, and thus the Naija connect. Now Jussie is on the run. smh.

He hates Trump and went far to try stage stuff. This has backfired.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ireti Osayemi Shows Off Her Children / Photo Of Falz's 26th Birthday Cake / Tiwa Savage Celebrates Her Father's Birthday. Shares Photos With Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.