Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,472 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) (48619 Views)

Abba Kyari Edited Facebook Post On Hushpuppi 12 Times Before Deleting - Kakanda / 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign / Gimba Kakanda Accusing Wike Of Demolishing Mosque In False Tweets, Gets Blasted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by Iamgrey5(m): 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2019
timay:

The guy obviously doesn't know what is going on. grin

If MTN moves out today, their competitors like Glo, 9Mobile and Airtel will gain a lot of market shares.
MTN stocks will crash all over. A man like Mike Adenuga If Glo will become Africa's richest man overnight because of what he will gain in the market.

Or does the guy thinks all these one sided article was written by a journalist who gives a f**k? It was obviously written by a paid journalist from the SA people to protect their interest
@ emboldened is what many Nigerians fail to understand.

Those South African businesses may have a large market share because they were the first entrants into the market, but their presence won't be missed because there are already enough competitions in the market they operate in.
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by TechCapon(m): 7:17pm On Sep 14, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Op, this is an editorial Which is not the opinion of Aljasera but the Author

Gimba was one of the paid writers who wrote a Poorly written loopsided article during the heat of the reprisal attacks in Nigeria.

Gimba quickly referenced the American's response to our visa fee hikes at the outset of his Article but forgot to mention how America's foreign policy under Donald Trump is built on retaliation and counter measures regardless of the country involved.

e.g Donald is doing the same to China, Canada and is currently on his way to do the same to France.

More importantly, he also forgot to tell us how America and Southafrica can be compared when it comes to international diplomacy and relations.

Gimba forgot how Jacob Zuma rushed to Nigeria when Nigeria slap MTN with a $5bn fine

Gimba also failed to mention how South Africa quickly tried to relieve the tension when Nigeria reacted to the unjust deportation of Nigerians from South Africa under Jonathan

Gimba also deliberately omitted the Billions of dollars South African businesses make in Nigeria every year.

Gimba also failed to observe that other African countries with much closer ties to South Africa have reacted to the recent Xenophobic attacks. e.g Zambia and Mozambique

Bottom line, Gimba is a paid writer who is trying to dissuade Nigerians from reacting in such a manner that would put South African interest in Nigeria at risk

Although, I am against jungle justice and mob action, I am also against the activities of Nigerians trying to betray our nation cheaply to foreign interest.
even though you made some sense, I still believe that any showdown between Nigeria and South Africa will hurt Nigeria more than South Africa. We're no longer the strong force to recorn with unlike in the 90s
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by m140(m): 7:26pm On Sep 14, 2019
Corrosiveman:
When we tell them that the Zoo is crumbling they thought we were joking

How can a Country of over 200 million yet its only 20 million that pays tax

Like we said when Biafra comes we would teach you guys how to run a Supreme Nation
Arinya
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2019
Iamgrey5:

Gimba was one of the paid writers who wrote a Poorly written loopsided article during the heat of the reprisal attacks in Nigeria.

Gimba quickly referenced the American's response to our visa fee hikes at the outset of his Article but forgot to mention how America's foreign policy under Donald Trump is built on retaliation and counter measures regardless of the country involved.

e.g Donald is doing the same to China, Canada and is currently on his way to do the same to France.

More importantly, he also forgot to tell us how America and Southafrica can be compared when it comes to international diplomacy and relations.

Gimba forgot how Jacob Zuma rushed to Nigeria when Nigeria slap MTN with a $5bn fine

Gimba also failed to mention how South Africa quickly tried to relieve the tension when Nigeria reacted to the unjust deportation of Nigerians from South Africa under Jonathan

Gimba also deliberately omitted the Billions of dollars South African businesses make in Nigeria every year.

Gimba also failed to observe that other African countries with much closer ties to South Africa have reacted to the recent Xenophobic attacks. e.g Zambia and Mozambique

Bottom line, Gimba is a paid writer who is trying to dissuade Nigerians from reacting in such a manner that would put South African interest in Nigeria at risk

Although, I am against jungle justice and mob action, I am also against the activities of Nigerians trying to betray our nation cheaply to foreign interest.
I wanted to comment until I saw your comment. Your comment is the best comment so far on this thread. After Nigeria slapped MTN $5 billion fine, MTN stock fell on South Africa Stock exchange.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2019
Corrosiveman:
When we tell them that the Zoo is crumbling they thought we were joking

How can a Country of over 200 million yet its only 20 million that pays tax

Like we said when Biafra comes we would teach you guys how to run a Supreme Nation

And when Biafra comes, less than one quarter of the population will be paying tax.

And any attempt by the Biafra government to enforce tax collection will be met with resistance and accusations of 'they are eating our money's

I am not insulting your Biafra.I am pointing out an attitude among many Nigerians in that things like taxes and bills are seen as instruments of oppression. We want free of charge.

At the end of the day, should you get your Biafra or stay in Nigeria,the enemy called awoof must be fought
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by Imo1stson: 7:36pm On Sep 14, 2019
This is absolute thrash.
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by IronGalaxy: 7:36pm On Sep 14, 2019
KwoiZabo:
This is exactly what I was telling people when this Xenophobic attacks started. Nigeria can do nothing to South Africa.
Lets build our country first so that when we talk, it will be from a position of strength not weakness.
However the most unfortunate situation here is that South Africa is a Rich Country but South Africans are poor. Over 80% of the country's wealth is in the hands of the about 8 Million whites in the country.
Nope. South Africans aren't poor. SOME South Africans are poor. I'm not poor. correction>

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by Truth234(m): 7:37pm On Sep 14, 2019
Foxman19:
Let us forget the interest of the Messenger of this article we should treat the content of the message. To me this man is absolutely right. The Nigeria politicians should be ashamed of themselves they have killed the country economically and there is no future for coming generation. Even the present generation are garnish their teeth. I'm happy that Obasanjo ,IBB, Dajuma,Gowon Abdusalam are very much alive watching the consequences of their mess committed then.

The content is not entirely right but a lot of people do not have the numbers or know-how government policy works. South Africa is in recession, and the over $3 billion export is mainly crude oil. Meaning, we can increase export duties we reduced for African nations just for South Africa. They are not buying from us because we couldn't sell but because it is economically viable to do so taking into consideration proximity (logistic cost).

Again, MTN generates 35 percent of its global revenue from Nigeria at over N1 trillion while Nigeria remains DSTV largest market. Gimba undermines the significance of Nigeria's market to the entire African nations in this article but the way they couldn't go ahead with AfCFT agreement without Nigeria says otherwise.

Also, Gimba has forgotten that South African owners of these companies are white, they will never hesitate to localise their companies in Nigeria if black South Africans remain a hindrance to their growth. Nigeria is a bigger market and contributes more than 20 African countries in revenue. Part of which they illegally repatriated ($11 billion) in 2016.

On the FDI, he is purely lying, South Africa highest FDI since 2013 was $4.8 billion recorded in 2018. While Nigeria recorded just $2.2 billion in the same year (her lowest in 13 years), our five years average, 2014 ($4.7 billion); 2015 ($3.1 billion); 2016 ($4.4 billion); 2017($3.5 billion) and 2018 ($2.2 billion) is far more than South Africa. https://investorsking.com/uncertain-fiscal-policies-fdi-inflow-to-remain-low/

Nigeria's FDI already rose by $1.2 billion in the first quarter of this year and with South Africa in recession and economy projected to grow less than 1 percent in 2019 (before the Xenophobic attacks), more FDI will find its way to Nigeria, especially after Xenophobic attacks and the growing perception that if all Africans finally leave SA these animals will face the white minority.

We have the biggest market in Africa, Gimba talking as if MTN and others are doing us a favour when in fact yearly fund repatriation is what is sustaining South Africa weak foreign reserve.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by jamesife(m): 7:41pm On Sep 14, 2019
helinues:
Nigeria is not UAE fighting proxy wars in other middle east country.

Our government is handling the situations diplomatically

Nigga hide your face. Diplomatically my assd
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by GoldHorse(m): 7:42pm On Sep 14, 2019
ebusmus:
I GIVE UP, YOU'RE JUST ANOTHER IDIOT WITH A SMARTPHONE

Well, we can see who's the one that can't make a single and simple point without resulting to insults.

It's true we have plenty "pikins" o nairaland. Ndo. Mommy is calling you to come and eat. Run along dear.
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by PRYCE(m): 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2019
Iamgrey5:

Smart

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by Princedapace(m): 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2019
Fortune109:

So Nigeria is not a big fish?

So it won't affect SA economically if Nigeria throws economic sanctions on them?

So SA has nothing to lose in Nigeria?

Some of you should start thinking before you talk

My brother calm down, it will affect Nigeria more, okay. Take sentiment A-side. Pls, it will affect Nigeria more if the two countries fight economically.

One is a manufacturing based economy, the other is an oil bases economy. I never said it won't affect SA, but it will hit nigeria more bro. Calm down.

Saw produces many commodities and export them. We are not talking about raw materials. We are talking about an economy that is highly diversified. SA has a diversified economy unlike Nigeria.
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by Princedapace(m): 7:56pm On Sep 14, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I know the way Mtn works bruv.

Nigeria is still where Mtn makes its largest income and it's in billion of dollars.

Who do you think are sponsoring these one sided articles popping up on the internet anyway?

DO you think those South Africans with the largest share in Mtn Nigeria will want to lose out ?

They were scared to death to the extent of providing free Sim csrds for those that returned from Sa recently with about 40k air time and 9g data

U guys take Nigeria too serious.. Lol

A country like Nigeria that exports mainly raw materials and import 90% of her finished products is weak economically.

U guys don't understand this. SA will be hit too by any economic war but bro, na naija e go hit pass o.
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by Tumbulum: 7:59pm On Sep 14, 2019
MelesZenawi:
NIGERIA is as it stands is very weak and cannot even fight Benin or Niger republic.

Whosoever that is deceiving you guys that this small boys recruit with no training can do anything..is a liar.

Any country can wipe Nigeria in less than one hour.

The country is nothing and has no military.

A country where military has taken the work of police.

Throughout the attack on SA did you see any military deployment.

If it is in Nigeria, the whole barracks will be unleashed on the people...

Economy zero
miliy zero
police zero
certificate zero

you don finish the unity beggerz
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by KekeNash(f): 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2019
Shoprite have more than 2 800 stores in SA alone and 25 in Nigeria, if Shoprite withdraw from Naija South Africa will lose. OK!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by Fortune109: 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2019
Princedapace:

My brother calm down, it will affect Nigeria more, okay. Take sentiment A-side. Pls, it will affect Nigeria more if the two countries fight economically.

One is a manufacturing based economy, the other is an oil bases economy. I never said it won't affect SA, but it will hit nigeria more bro. Calm down.

Saw produces many commodities and export them. We are not talking about raw materials. We are talking about an economy that is highly diversified. SA has a diversified economy unlike Nigeria.

Sorry for the hash reply initially!

I don't think so my brother...

Nigeria is still the largest economy in Africa

Nigeria has the largest oil reserve in Africa

Nigeria has the largest population in Africa

With those three factors Nigeria has more leverage over South Africa...

Largest economy means more international businesses will have more presence in Nigeria than South africa. Which gives Nigeria more ability to influence those businesses and their home governments over an issue between Nigeria and South Africa.

Largest oil reserve in Africa means Nigeria still has a very important bargaining power than South Africa in the international Arena. As a member of Opec, Nigeria would be taken more seriously internationally as whatever action an Opec member takes affects the price of Oil all over the world. This makes Nigeria more important than South Africa in Africa.

Largest Population means more market for any product. Whatever the western nations produce has more market in Nigeria's 200 million population then a smaller 40 million South African population. China for instance will listen to Nigeria first in Africa before any nation. Compare the amount Nigerians spend in importing goods all over the world with how much South Africa spend doing same. Businesses simply take consumers with more purchasing power more seriously.

There are other areas but with these three major aspects, Nigeria still comfortably calls the shot in Africa...
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by Fortune109: 8:10pm On Sep 14, 2019
Princedapace:

U guys take Nigeria too serious.. Lol

A country like Nigeria that exports mainly raw materials and import 90% of her finished products is weak economically.

U guys don't understand this. SA will be hit too by any economic war but bro, na naija e go hit pass o.

And whatever makes a Nation strong counts, either natural or not
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by lexy2014: 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2019
Evercurious:

WHAT ABOUT NOW? THAT WAS THEN

I get am before naaa property?

Based on d points d guy gave, what's d difference between then& now?
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by webngnews: 8:18pm On Sep 14, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by lexy2014: 8:24pm On Sep 14, 2019
Dasuks:

I understand what you're saying. But on the topic of relative strenght/clout/position the verdict is against us.

Nigeria's balance of payments with SA is negative on our end. More Nigerian trade interests will be hurt by say a cessation of economic relations.

On the other hand they have companies here but u have to remember that those companies have invested heavily in retail, entertainment, telecoms etc. Not like Nigeria did it either way by itself. They are actively engaged in our economy. Adding and extracting value. Already we cant play with their investments as a matter of convention and reputation internationally (future investors etc).

For eg MTN NG is in itself a story of mobile comm in Nigeria. It is not just making the most profit. It has also enriched the telecom space and helped improve the infrastructure. NG will gain from its imprint long after it has gone.

The presence of their companies here is more so capitalist conquest than the need for Nigeria as a unique entity. Nigeria is the largest market on the continent and yes the biggest source of their profits. Hence their presence. I noticed that Gamba omitted that but at the same time this is a govt to govt comparison not a wholistic economic analysis. Govts can affect/dictate trade relations in a direct sense. In contrast, U cannot order a company to leave just like that. It would incur consequences in overall business dealings and perceptions across the board.

And it's easy to say mtn gets most of its profits here but at the same time we get most of our mobile services from them. Filling the gap, untangling the details and ensuring their replacement of by a competent telecoms firm that would be willing to enter (after it sees what happened to mtn) would most likely prove less convenient and troublesome a relationship between that co and govt over time.

The key message remains that we have to patch up and assume a stronger position from where SA knows whose in charge.

When Jonathan deported south Africans as a retaliation 4d deportation of Nigerians, did we have a positive balance of trade with SA then?
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by Princedapace(m): 8:32pm On Sep 14, 2019
Fortune109:

Sorry for the hash reply initially!

I don't think so my brother...

Nigeria is still the largest economy in Africa

Nigeria has the largest oil reserve in Africa

Nigeria has the largest population in Africa

With those three factors Nigeria has more leverage over South Africa...

Largest economy means more international businesses will have more presence in Nigeria than South africa. Which gives Nigeria more ability to influence those businesses and their home governments over an issue between Nigeria and South Africa.

Largest oil reserve in Africa means Nigeria still has a very important bargaining power than South Africa in the international Arena. As a member of Opec, Nigeria would be taken more seriously internationally as whatever action an Opec member takes affects the price of Oil all over the world. This makes Nigeria more important than South Africa in Africa.

Largest Population means more market for any product. Whatever the western nations produce has more market in Nigeria's 200 million population then a smaller 40 million South African population. China for instance will listen to Nigeria first in Africa before any nation. Compare the amount Nigerians spend in importing goods all over the world with how much South Africa spend doing same. Businesses simply take consumers with more purchasing power more seriously.

There are other areas but with these three major aspects, Nigeria still comfortably calls the shot in Africa...

No bro, as it stands, international companies do business with SA than Nigeria. U can Google it bro. It is easier to do business in SA than in Nigeria. They have stable electricity, water, good roads, health care, more developed educational system. Most companies that want to establish African Head branch go to SA to establish it.

Largest economy does not mean per capital income. Bro, pls make we no argue, SA is miles ahead of Nigeria. Ask those who don't want to return. They will tell u. SA can't try this shit with USA for instance. Why? They make a lot of money exporting finished goods to USA under agreement with the USA govt. They don't make that much exporting to us.

U can begin with, how many nigerians do menial jobs in SA, how many Soutu Africans do same jobs here? Pls for now, we are not at the same level with SA. Maybe tomorrow.

The whites did a lot of works in that country before handing over. And corruption and nepotism have destroyed our country.
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by farem: 8:40pm On Sep 14, 2019
KwoiZabo:
This is exactly what I was telling people when this Xenophobic attacks started. Nigeria can do nothing to South Africa.
Lets build our country first so that when we talk, it will be from a position of strength not weakn
However the most unfortunate situation here is that South Africa is a Rich Country but South Africans are poor. Over 80% of the country's wealth is in the hands of the about 8 Million whites in the country.

At least the paid writeup has swayed some goons who always look for negative side in life.
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by isnovic(m): 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2019
The truth stands on its head, and so many lies told against it owes it a debt she will collect.

Fact: Nigeria handling of the Xenophobic attack comes from a position of weakness.
Fact: Nigeria is second best to SA in terms of FDI
Fact: Nigeria economy is mono-product and diversification has been poorly executed at best.
Fact: Nigeria is infrastructurally deficient compared to SA, a similar situation is playing out with the increasing choice of neighboring Ghana for business partnership and region/industrial base for all things West Africa.

These are undeniable truth, you owe these truth a beggarly debt it must toll if you live in denial.
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by sallyopy(f): 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2019
Olayinka8793:
I shed silent tears reading how we have become powerless and weak as a country with respect to how we are dealing with this xenophobic issue.
Nobody takes us serious again. Sad.
so painful i must say. I pray someday we will have true and active leaders
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by lyricalz: 8:46pm On Sep 14, 2019
Gadafii:
Mc oluomo boys alone for oshodi and idi araba go handle south Africa grin

u just spoke like a big fool
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by Ewedegubbler: 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2019
Whoever wrote this piece is mad. In as much as I hate this APC government, but trying to rubbish Nigeria in the face of these hopeless South Africans is total trash. South Africa has got tons and tons to lose if Nigeria decides to nationalize their tax dodging and money laundering corporations littered all over Nigeria. If Nigeria takes over MTN I am sure that South African PIC which owns 25% in MTN will go bankrupt, SASSA that is gives free money to those indolent idiots will also likely be grounded and if this happens South Africa will see anarchy...

Mind you guys, I am a south African citizen of Nigerian origin..
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by michspencer(m): 8:52pm On Sep 14, 2019
Iamgrey5:

You are committing fallacy
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by Ewedegubbler: 8:55pm On Sep 14, 2019
Atigba:
Even if you destroy SA businesses in Nigeria

The black south Africans responsible for this xemophebic dont own anything. The white south Africans owns all the businesses.
MTN, BANKS,SHOPRIGHT, ETC

PIC owns 25% of MTN. Thats the public investment firm that is in charge of their pension and SASSA free grants money. Marcus Jooste already wiped out 8% of their value last year, and if MTN goes burst PIC will likely go bankrupt and that will be the end of SASSA and RDP houses. if those things are stopped then South africa will see serious gbege ..

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by Useful1: 8:59pm On Sep 14, 2019
Beautiful piece, though not really objective. However, I'm surprise that some folks here jumped to defend the 'Giant' of Africa and label the writer 'enemy of 9ja'. To those folks, your defense is irrelevant because the guy is not on Nairaland, cannot read your responses but everyone here is reading his. His write up featured in Aljazerra, millions of people all over the world read it and may likely take some clues from it on how (even seemingly smaller nations) to relate with Nigeria henceforth having known that there're loopholes in our foreign policy as well as other economic weaknesses.

For me, there are so many truth revealed in this write up and which we can learn from as a nation that will help us to re-examine our foreign policy, chart a new economic development gateway, consolidate our national ideology (if we have any), and initiate various national unifying projects that will engender deep rooted patriotism among Nigerians irrespective of tribe, religion, gender or political affliation.

Let's swallow our pride and learn few things from Mr. Gimba's write up that will put us back to our place in African continent.
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by Kingspin(m): 8:59pm On Sep 14, 2019
timay:

Make war happen btw Nigerian and one of those African countries that always like to take a piss in Nigerian, you will know that Nigeria is not weak, despite the fact that we have our own problems.

Our foreign policy over the years is one that makes us look weak on the surface. This pan African foreign policy of ours needs to be reviewed. Trust me, people fear countries based in two criteria ;
1. It's nuclear capabilities
2. It's numbers.

Nigeria is not weak,
I repeat Nigeria is not weak.
That journalist is a paid one that just wants to do reverse psychology to cause chaos btw the two biggest economies in Africa.
And I suspect that the west has a hand in this. whatever their end game is, I might never know.
Just like they predicted chaos in Nigeria after the 2015 elections and their plan failed, they want to destabilise the continent, yet they failed again, so they have resorted into writing paid articles to work on the psyche of the people
Any strong nation is strong first internal. Must be industrious and prosperous nation. With the piece of Nigeria nation, they cannot cough at any nation. The is writer is right.
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 14, 2019
lexy2014:

When Jonathan deported south Africans as a retaliation 4d deportation of Nigerians, did we have a positive balance of trade with SA then?

Yea we can play those games. I deport u for asking me for yellow fever cert at the airport etc. Doesn't change that business interests in Nigeria earn more on trade terms with SA than the other way around. You'd be hurting urself ultimately.

Im pro Nigeria and not tryna support a foreign nation. But this is in-house. Let's be honest with ourselves so we can compete. Everything about us except oil billions is in a sorry state.
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) by abeggnow: 9:05pm On Sep 14, 2019
helinues:
Nigeria is not UAE fighting proxy wars in other middle east country.

Our government is handling the situations diplomatically
LOL don't be naive, handling diplomacy from a weak position is not diplomacy at all. In this world, the big and bold fish eat the small and timid fish and that is the end of the story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Relying On Body Cameras From His Agents To Beat Buhari In Court / Lazy Nigerian Youths Gets Wikipedia Page (Photos) / Calling Me Jubril From Sudan Wasn’t A Funny Joke – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.