Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money (35987 Views)

Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Neddstark: 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
In Nigeria, always seek the second story.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by laytoshtwo: 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
He
glorybasseymma:
I am a lady married with kids.
I have spent 18k for transport to-and flow.
I have put the Facebook account on hold.the Instagram, she posted that I was relief of my job because of my stupidity. I repost I tell the followers how she used and scams her worker.
And a lot of them has unfollow the account.

Madam you are posting evidence against yourself,I pity you.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2019
wirinet:

We are taking in the context of the PDP and IPOB's narrative that Buhari is an illiterate because he cannot speak good English (Due to his heavy Hausa intonation). Buhari most certainly can read and write Hausa. Even most people shouting "Buhari is an illiterate" is because they quarrel with his oral English, and not because he can read and write Hausa.
OK, have a fruitful day!
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Ishilove: 2:33pm On Sep 21, 2019
xpresseeve:

The truth begins to surface ......gradually but surely.
She said she got a lot of people to unfollow the account when she was thrown out
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by laytoshtwo: 2:34pm On Sep 21, 2019
Let see the content of the appointment letter maybe you don't understand the terms and conditions. grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:34pm On Sep 21, 2019
Eraserubbish:
some ppl can speak a bit fluently,but putting it in writing could be terrible,talking from experience
That's rubbish!
I do employ programmers and during the interview, I'm not too interested in them "talking", I'm more interested in them "doing" - that's actually writing code cos that's what they would be doing 90% of their time in the company.

So, a social media representative interview should focus more on their writing skills.

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by bigcee(m): 2:34pm On Sep 21, 2019
Sammiel:
Why quote me with such a stupid question? I found her posts disgusting and I expressed my displeasure accordingly because I discovered she was unrepentanly unwilling to pay attention to her typos despite being corrected by some folks. My post might be harsh on her but then that is my opinion and you should respect that!
Oga, you've not answered my question.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Eraserubbish(m): 2:38pm On Sep 21, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
That's rubbish!
I do employ programmers and during the interview, I'm not too interested in them "talking", I'm more interested in them "doing" - that's actually writing code cos that's what they would be doing 90% of their time in the company.
I agree with u,but her task needs her to interact with clients,not staying and coding
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by olalat(m): 2:38pm On Sep 21, 2019
Oktane:

Shouldn't we at least hear the other side of the story first?

She also deserves to be heard.

Our blood is too hot and we react most times from a very emotional standpoint.

Objectivity requires our viewing the entire episode dispassionately.
which fucking other side are you talking about. You employed someone and lay him off without any compensation. Did he steal any of their property. In as much it's the right of an employer to hire and fire, he must pay off such undesired employee.

4 Likes

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Kapeter(m): 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2019
Naijasuperagent:
But Op I wont lie to u ;Your English is very bad .I mean very .
she's furious. That's what you are seeing in her writing here. She's angry, depressed and so furious all at the same time. Learn to understand people through their writing. You can see she hardly complete some sentence before starting another. That's what happen when you are so crazy, mad, all at once. She's only furious, nothing wrong with her english. I can feel her pain through her writing and i hope and pray she'd get help. It sucks when you know you are just being cheated buh you are not sure if you can ever do anything about it because the person that cheated you is influential and you are just a child of nobody.

Op i empathize with you. I pray you get help.

4 Likes

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by wirinet(m): 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2019
BigDick70inch:
With this..i can say u ain't a SMART LADY oo..
Now u ruined everything..
Nah which kind Play be dat ehn??
Even..with u still havin the evidence..is still gon be 50:50..
Just chill Oo and relax Oo..
In fact..i see no reason why you should take it up anymore..
[LOST YO WEAPON ALREADY WHICH IS THE "EVIDENCE" ..IF CARE ISNT TAKEN U MIGHT EVEN GET PUNISHED Oo..
As it stands now"U R undecidedJUST A TOOTHLESS BULLDOG/FIGHTING A LOST BATTLE"..
NEXT TIME BE SUPER SMART MADAM!!!!!!!! undecided undecided

I didn't see where she wrote that she lost her employment letter. The only evidence she needs is her employment letter stating her duties and condition of employment. If the letter did not state how many instagram, Facebook, Twitter followers she must get, then it could not be used to hold up her wages.
If she was terminated without a valid reason and was not paid for the job she did, where is the defamation?
Are you insinuating that labour laws do not exist in Nigeria, and that workers have absolutely no rights?

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by laytoshtwo: 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2019
olalat:
which fucking other side are you talking about. You employed someone and lay him off without any compensation. Did he steal any of their property. In as much it's the right of an employer to hire and fire, he must pay off such undesired employee.

This is her husband of the lady don't bother.She didn't want to hear the other side
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by SirWhiteFish: 2:43pm On Sep 21, 2019
justbusy:
It's very simple: Go to the police, get her arrested! take the matter to court! The wealthy husband will see it as affront on his public image, and subsequently beg you for negotiation! Note: negotiate more than your salary: All the days the matter will drag, would be paid for by them + your legal fees! Make some noise so that the husband becomes aware! Tell the police she said she's untouchable, and that she has money! Police go chop! Bro, make a note of the days you've worked, transport fare, miscellaneous! Written evidence is your best friend! She's afraid of the police, that's why she said you shouldn't go to them! Embarrass her, and she/her husband go pay! Don't mind my style of writing!
as much as your write up seem easy to execute, reality in Nigeria is actually different. The police will arrest, oppress and still hail her when they hear the name otedola once she comes around... Such employer will not mind to spend more than they owe you to fight you
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by einsteine(m): 2:43pm On Sep 21, 2019
justbusy:
What sort of stupid question is that? Have you ever asked your stupid president why he speaks bad English?

Non sequitur.

OP is a content creator and using atrocious English in communication. That's why I asked if it was the trauma that affected her ability to write proper English.

Unless Buhari comes to Nairaland to complain, I see no reason to call attention to his use of language.

And by the way, you are a rank fool.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:46pm On Sep 21, 2019
Eraserubbish:
I agree with u,but her task needs her to interact with clients,not staying and coding
You don't get the point probably cos you don't think deep. Let me break it down for you..

The onus is on the company to employ a qualified staff if they can't do it properly, then they outsource the employment to a more qualified body.

Your interview should be able to select the best person for the job if not, your interview is not good enough. But you must pay who ever you employ.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by laytoshtwo: 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
They will come to office and use office data to watch Netflix. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Neddstark: 2:48pm On Sep 21, 2019
[quote author=glorybasseymma post=82434616][/quote]

As a social media person hope you know you are responsible for everything you post on social media.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by BigDick70inch(m): 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2019
wirinet:

I didn't see where she wrote that she lost her employment letter. The only evidence she needs is her employment letter stating her duties and condition of employment. If the letter did not state how many instagram, Facebook, Twitter followers she must get, then it could not be used to hold up her wages.
If she was terminated without a valid reason and was not paid for the job she did, where is the defamation?
Are you insinuating that labour laws do not exist in Nigeria, and that workers have absolutely no rights?

Lol..
She gave her boss the password to all the account she opened now..that would have been of advantage to her assuming she still have access to them..
Her boss is way cunny and might end up showing her how supreme she his to her Oo..
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2019
einsteine:

Non sequitur.

OP is a content creator and using atrocious English in communication.

Unless Buhari comes to Nairaland to complain, I see no reason to call attention to his use of language.

And by the way, you are a rank fool.
There are simply two ways to ascertain a man's level of understanding:
1. What he does.
2. What he says.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by chival(f): 2:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
The OP's written English is apparently bad. However, I think most people here are getting things mixed up. The poster may be incompetent and may have been fired for reasons that are her fault. That does not change the fact that she deserves to get paid. Whatever terms were stipulated in her employment letter should be honoured.

Again, those asking her to forfeit the owed wages are in error as well. It is that sort of thinking that makes some employers treat employees badly and with impunity, because they know the average Nigerian is too cowardly and lazy to seek redress.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by executive12: 2:54pm On Sep 21, 2019
Since she is married to Femi Otedola's junior brother (according to you?), I will suggest you make appointment to see Femi and lay your complaint to him. I believe he will get her to do the right thing.
Nigeria is a country where the strong is free to oppress the weak.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by toprealman: 2:54pm On Sep 21, 2019
glorybasseymma:
I was employed by Mrs. Jola Otedola. to work as a social media person. My duties were to open all the social media pages, create awareness, runs Ads and promote the company online and bring people to books ticket etc. and I can also assist others in ticketing and reservation, attend to client's travel needs.

I open all the social media pages, drive traffics and followers to the page less than 3weeks. I Runs ads and promote the business, contact an influencer to help us promote our next tours. some people called for booking but because of the money she is asking them to pay, the decline and book else were.

Now after 3weeks of paying transport from Alagbole to Victoria Island every day. She told me yesterday that she wants t to employ someone else, that does not bring sales. NOTE(The business just started on the first of 2nd of September this 2019)

I am the one that opens all the social media pages.

I ask of my 3weeks payment, She calls the security to throw me out. Saying that I am a church rat that I should go to court, telling me not to go to police cause they will not do anything to her. Because she has money and she is married to OTEDOLA JUNIOR.

And I am the 5 person she is doing this too. The business name is Flightjara Travels and Tour.LOcated in SAnusi fafunwa victoria island Lagos. I have the contact of another worker if you need more detail. I needs judges with this, cause she believes I can not do anything to her because of who she is married to,

Go back to that same social media and tell her you are the zaddy.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by chival(f): 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
You don't get the point probably cos you don't think deep. Let me break it down for you..

The onus is on the company to employ a qualified staff if they can't do it properly, then they outsource the employment to a more qualified body.

Your interview should be able to select the best person for the job if not, your interview is not good enough. But you must pay who ever you employ.

My point exactly.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 21, 2019
LegitBoyy:

Send me a mail on lawvillehub@gmail.com

I will take it up for you.
Can i send mine?
Westernlotto used me and some other guys for 3months without paying us.

And they discarded us.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Eraserubbish(m): 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
lonzo:

If you type this way on the company page I'll fire you myself.
niggaman,u harsh...lol

Izit ur "to and flow"?�
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by lugado: 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2019
glorybasseymma:
I was employed by Mrs. Jola Otedola. to work as a social media person. My duties were to open all the social media pages, create awareness, runs Ads and promote the company online and bring people to books ticket etc. and I can also assist others in ticketing and reservation, attend to client's travel needs.

I open all the social media pages, drive traffics and followers to the page less than 3weeks. I Runs ads and promote the business, contact an influencer to help us promote our next tours. some people called for booking but because of the money she is asking them to pay, the decline and book else were.

Now after 3weeks of paying transport from Alagbole to Victoria Island every day. She told me yesterday that she wants t to employ someone else, that does not bring sales. NOTE(The business just started on the first of 2nd of September this 2019)

I am the one that opens all the social media pages.

I ask of my 3weeks payment, She calls the security to throw me out. Saying that I am a church rat that I should go to court, telling me not to go to police cause they will not do anything to her. Because she has money and she is married to OTEDOLA JUNIOR.

And I am the 5 person she is doing this too. The business name is Flightjara Travels and Tour.LOcated in SAnusi fafunwa victoria island Lagos. I have the contact of another worker if you need more detail. I needs judges with this, cause she believes I can not do anything to her because of who she is married to,

go to human rights
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Kenneth10110(m): 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2019
Naijasuperagent:
But Op I wont lie to u ;Your English is very bad .I mean very .

Who the English Epp has long as she's doing her duty properly and her boss no complain about the English e no concern her but she must collect her salary. Sometimes people type incorrectly because of their mood,stress, or even phone spell Checks at times. I can easily come here and type freely but when am working for a company ill be composed with my typings.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Charly68: 3:14pm On Sep 21, 2019
With this media outcry you have ruined her business already,publicise her garrulous attitude the more and she will crawl begging..she has starred the hornet nest..no peace for the wicked .
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Kenneth10110(m): 3:14pm On Sep 21, 2019
livebyday:

The grammar!!! , please try and correct since you are staying your case as a content creator

'Staying your case' see the teacher too. No one's perfect please
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by mrZENographer: 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
lonzo:

If you type this way on the company page I'll fire you myself.

It's ok to fire her.
But you will suffer the ill fate if you fail to pay her what she worked for.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
Some ladies who are call themselves bosses are extremely wicked. That's why I can't work with a Lady.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

14 Army Infantry Generals Pulled Out Of Active Service / Are Female Members Of Nigerian Armed Forces Allowed To Plait Their Hair / Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.