Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? (40426 Views)

SEUN Had 2 Brain-Child But Only One Became Famous {OLD SCREENSHOTS} / Ozibo Ekele Graduates From University Of Ibadan With CGPA Of 6.6 Breaks Record / Folafoluwa Oginni Graduates From Heterfordshire University With 5.0 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by mysteryman2014: 3:18pm On Dec 14, 2019
OgaBuhari:
how can u graduate with first class when u engage on too much of facebook and BBnaija?
now see the kind poor result where u get?
dude just drop out and go learn handwork cos there is no assurance your other semester's result will still be better cos Education no be for everybody and it seems u are among such.

I just pity your poor struggling parents.

Man ur harsh o. The OP just needs some encouragement.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by waletoke12345(m): 3:18pm On Dec 14, 2019
OgaBuhari:
thanks 2ray4sure but the guy go still go beg for another Thread because begging for Airtime dey him body

u mean me
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Awoo88: 3:30pm On Dec 14, 2019
You can if your school don't do CGPA. Even at that you can if you maintain a GP above 4.5 for the rest of your stay in school.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by OgaBuhari: 3:35pm On Dec 14, 2019
mysteryman2014:

Man ur harsh o. The OP just needs some encouragement.
leave that boy cos he's not ready to learn.
For someone aiming for a first class if u couldn't reach the goal of 4.5 at least u should be closed to it. it shows how determined and Serious u are.
I believe the OP is still a teenager with support and regular upkeep from parents which means there shouldn't be anything distracting him from being serious with his studies.
There are Students in school who are self dependent, they don't receive money or provisions from home, they do miss classess and even tests just to engage on some hustles to support themselves in school and they still smash exams and come out with a strong 2:1 like my roommate that had 4:45 despite missing classes cos he was hustling while i was receiving regular upkeep from home but had a cgpa of 3:8.
So if first class was really his prime target after admission at least it would have reflected in his GP.
I hope u grab my point

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by dejt4u(m): 3:39pm On Dec 14, 2019
costandi:
Stop misleading him. If he makes an minimum average of 4.75 CGPA in the remaining semesters, he'd make a first class.
maybe you're right
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by mysteryman2014: 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2019
OgaBuhari:
For someone aiming for a first class if u couldn't reach the goal of 4.5 at least u should be closed to it. it shows how determined and Serious u are.
I believe the OP is still a teenager with support and regular upkeep from parents which means there shouldn't be anything distracting him from being serious with his studies.
There are Students in school who are self dependent, they don't receive money or provisions from home, they do miss classess and even tests just to engage on some hustles to support themselves in school and they still smash exams and come out with a strong 2:1 like my roommate that had 4:45 despite missing classes cos he was hustling while i was receiving regular upkeep from home but had a cgpa of 3:8.
So if first class was really his prime target after admission at least it would have reflected in his GP.
I hope u grab my point

I get ur drift

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Bigcowhorn: 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2019
OgaBuhari:
I hope u grab my point
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by janejive(f): 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2019
Yes you can, in your dreams
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by jayworld15(m): 4:15pm On Dec 14, 2019
Dear OP,
Sincerely speaking, those telling you that you can still make it are only trying to raise your hope to 2:1. If you get 2.8 in freshers’ year, add 5.0 to it, if presumably you ace all your courses from sophomore year to finals, will give you 17.8. Dividing the result by 4 will give you a final 4.45 (which means you’ll be graduating with a 2:1) practically making your first class dream a waning illusion. If you must make a first class, you should have started a serious race in your freshers’ academic level. Hope you get a 2:1 to compliment your academic race which isn’t bad.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Ay04z(m): 4:15pm On Dec 14, 2019
Memberclub:
its still not possible
lol check again is possible.. A friend start with 2.88 first semester year 1. And later graduate with. 4.53. We kill ram dat year to celebrate lol grin
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2019
Jueds:
Pls I'm a student of Microbiology in one of the Nigeria universities. I had 2.80 as CGPA in my first semester in 100 level. And first class has been my goal. Can I still make it to the Top? Pls I need your advise. Because it is a technology school where I'm using 5yrs.

You need to make 5.0s in your next semesters till you graduate to earn a 1st class...if you can do that great..else 2:1 will be a reasonable target
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by jayworld15(m): 4:25pm On Dec 14, 2019
Ay04z:
lol check again is possible.. A friend start with 2.88 first semester year 1. And later graduate with. 4.53. We kill ram dat year to celebrate lol grin

It’s not possible Oga
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by jayworld15(m): 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2019
vllar:

You need to make 5.0s in your next semesters till you graduate to earn a 1st class...if you can do that great..else 2:1 will be a reasonable target
It would give him 4.45 at the end not 4.5 (upward)
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Ay04z(m): 4:27pm On Dec 14, 2019
jayworld15:

It’s not possible Oga
I hear u
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by frozen70(f): 4:40pm On Dec 14, 2019
Jueds:
Pls I'm a student of Microbiology in one of the Nigeria universities. I had 2.80 as CGPA in my first semester in 100 level. And first class has been my goal. Can I still make it to the Top? Pls I need your advise. Because it is a technology school where I'm using 5yrs.

You started well and you can do better since it's just your year one

If you double up, you will get first class
Just be focused and determined
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by hollymolly66(m): 4:47pm On Dec 14, 2019
@What university ?
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by hollymolly66(m): 4:48pm On Dec 14, 2019
I'm a 100 level student of civil engineering and had a GPA of 4.1 in my first semester hope I can still hit first class??
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by jayworld15(m): 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
If he has 2.88 in year one, the probability of Op acing all his courses till final year with As is impossible. Forget it. Work hard for 2:1 instead.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2019
jayworld15:

It would give him 4.45 at the end not 4.5 (upward)

He will get a 4.72 cgpa with 5.0 in every semester

That’s if he can make 5.0s
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by ekwerendi(m): 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2019
Most of the first class grades are actually via relationship and hardwork....But the base is your first semester in school....if you score high you will be noted and as such relationship will be created between you and some lecturers..

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 14, 2019
Jueds:
Mathematically this is very possible. You only need to get an average of 4.7 GPA the remaining semesters and you need to do >20 units each semester. Wishing you God's best.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by ollyadeyemi881(m): 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2019
first class.... 2.1 does not determine your success in life dude
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Basalt(m): 5:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
Jueds:

It's extremely hard if not impossible with such a bad start.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Basalt(m): 5:54pm On Dec 14, 2019
Zabiboy:

Oga....
School now is not about how u read or going to lectures bla bla bla...
Its mostly about 2 things
1) Remembrance memory....cz u can read like mumu nd still not remember sum things wen u enta hall

2) lecturers.....i wont say much here...but any undergraduate or fresh graduate would know wat m talking about....back then in my year 2 i had a lecturer who made it clear 7k or fail d course....our best student den nd sum churchy people tot he wz joking nd dey all failed. Nobody tell dem d next year to ready their 7k

So OP Just do ur best nd remember to improve urslef with alot of skills so it would boost ur opportunities.....there wz a set where their best student graduated with 2:2...nigerian companies were looking at his grades but a professor abroad wz ready to resign unless he was employed nd till date his coursemates still gives him stuffs to help them with....so b d best version of urself..school doesnt 100% determines ur progress.

Too much exxageration
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Tsolutionifede(m): 6:02pm On Dec 14, 2019
OgaBuhari:
sharap
u no get respect for elderly person
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Xeexeex: 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2019
Bro huzzle o, first class graduates day Street
First Class is not the ultimate. Which of our senators or even Baba Buhari graduate with first class
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by OgaBuhari: 6:25pm On Dec 14, 2019
Tsolutionifede:
u no get respect for elderly person
you're just 33 years with an average income of 100k looking for a wife on nairaland with a minimum qualification of OND grin
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by DexterousOne(m): 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2019
Jueds:

A 4.0/5 is a more realistic goal at this point....

4.5 CGPA at final year is near infeasible

In order not to get heartbreak
Just work towards 4.0/5

That qualifies you for some goodies in America
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by samtol4(m): 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2019
Having first class does not guarantee success in life ! Just have practical skills to solve problems ,once you have it wealth will come
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Newguyhere: 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2019
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Tsolutionifede(m): 7:02pm On Dec 14, 2019
OgaBuhari:
you're just 33 years with an average income of 100k looking for a wife on nairaland with a minimum qualification of OND grin
haaaaa, u no get Job, see dis boy o
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by shembarr(m): 8:04pm On Dec 14, 2019
Guy make we no lie, u no know book just like me, lol sha. First class no be beans, MCB for that matter and na 100L wey people dey make good GP na him u con fail. People who make first class don't slip at any semester, so try n read very well so you can make a strong 2:1. All the best sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. / Nigerian Lady Celebrates After Studying For 11 Years To Become A Doctor / The Hostel In UAM Makurdi Has Finally Been Cleaned (photos Included)