Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? (40419 Views)

SEUN Had 2 Brain-Child But Only One Became Famous {OLD SCREENSHOTS} / Ozibo Ekele Graduates From University Of Ibadan With CGPA Of 6.6 Breaks Record / Folafoluwa Oginni Graduates From Heterfordshire University With 5.0 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by evictor305: 10:23am On Dec 14, 2019
No but if you put enough effort 2,1 is sure. Try all your best to make the 2,1. That's my advice for you. Make the 2,1 you will thank me later in future
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by kenodrill: 10:23am On Dec 14, 2019
100% impossible.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Larrybabs55555(m): 10:24am On Dec 14, 2019
My brother u cant make to first class.again especially when the grading system of ur school is 5 point... but u can still work hard to make 2:1... hard work I mean because 2.1 starts from 3.5 cgpa.... good luck
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Wolexzy11: 10:24am On Dec 14, 2019
If I hear is better you should maintain that one
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by zeedof(m): 10:24am On Dec 14, 2019
My 100 L total was 2.79, with hard work I finish 3.70. I even got 4.54 at 400L and I thin 4.00 at 3L. You cant make first class, you can still finish with 2.1 but you will have to work for it

2 Likes

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Halexgos3(m): 10:25am On Dec 14, 2019
Yes of course you can still graduate with 5.0
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by azeecoboy(m): 10:25am On Dec 14, 2019
itzprezy:

I fit turn to gk boy next year

Its impossible,the building is still under construction..
They need a year more
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Kirinwa: 10:27am On Dec 14, 2019
Jueds:
Pls I'm a student of Microbiology in one of the Nigeria universities. I had 2.80 as CGPA in my first semester in 100 level. And first class has been my goal. Can I still make it to the Top? Pls I need your advise. Because it is a technology school where I'm using 5yrs.

Unless you probably wish to be called a graduate and a corper, I would advise you to quit and go for more prospective courses like Med Lab and Nursing.

My friends that studied it are still eating 'Mama thank you' after many years of graduation. Others are roaming the market with various products, very few are gainfully employed.

1 Like

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Olaewe1306(m): 10:30am On Dec 14, 2019
Jueds:
Pls I'm a student of Microbiology in one of the Nigeria universities. I had 2.80 as CGPA in my first semester in 100 level. And first class has been my goal. Can I still make it to the Top? Pls I need your advise. Because it is a technology school where I'm using 5yrs.
it is still very possible to achieve that. Put in more seriousness and make sure u av notin less than first class as ur current again
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Isaa17: 10:31am On Dec 14, 2019
It is possible Wt determination, handwork and more importantly prayers.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Simplyleo: 10:34am On Dec 14, 2019
Kirinwa:

Unless you probably wish to be called a graduate and a corper, I would advise you to quit and go for more prospective courses like Med Lab and Nursing.

My friends that studied it are still eating 'Mama thank you' after many years of graduation. Others are roaming the market with various products, very few are gainfully employed.
What kind of advice is this? undecided

So microbiology graduates are not required again? And what gives you the impression that med lab and nursing graduates are more successful than mcb graduates?
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by harry2sexy(m): 10:38am On Dec 14, 2019
Op, when you're done fighting for GP after your 5years, pm me so I could show u how to make money in Nigeria. I want to know the schools Truck owners attend or Metal recyclers attend or musicians or footballers or bucket makers or shoe makers.

I attended a University but make no mistake, I knew I didn't need the course cos after my secondary school, I already knew what I was going to do with my life
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by lanreblow: 10:39am On Dec 14, 2019
It's very much possible. I had a similar grade in my first year and still graduated 3rd best in my class.
You have to earn maximum points in the remaining semesters.

1 Like

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Kirinwa: 10:40am On Dec 14, 2019
alekside:
Yes you can. I had 2.83 in my first semester but graduated with 4.23. It would have been better If I had worked harder.

Believe me, you did work hard enough! The only reason you didn't make it was a faulty foundation.

Consider the story of a race between the tortoise and the hare. The hare slept off before reaching the end, when he saw the tortoise had passed him, he ran like mad but it was late.

1 Like

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by sallyopy(f): 10:40am On Dec 14, 2019
Jueds:
No, if ur school is using 5point system of grading. But u can still make 2:1.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Kirinwa: 10:45am On Dec 14, 2019
Simplyleo:

What kind of advice is this? undecided

So microbiology graduates are not required again? And what gives you the impression that med lab and nursing graduates are more successful than mcb graduates?

Oga, me and you are not here for argument. Its the fact, suck it up.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Midoda: 10:47am On Dec 14, 2019
CyberEBOLA:
IF YOU GRADUATE WITH FIRSTCLASS, LET ME BEND

� � � walahi you don mad .
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by itzprezy(m): 10:48am On Dec 14, 2019
azeecoboy:

Its impossible,the building is still under construction.. They need a year more
I pray so..gk is hell on earth
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by ruffDiamond: 10:48am On Dec 14, 2019
Snowale:
Abeg, What are you saying now, 1. We all know brilliancy isn't equal in everyone, there is variation to intelligence, some tends to be more brilliant than the others, so if the OP want to meet up with his mates in first class(who probably are very more brilliant than him), then he has to spend more time reading than the brilliant ones, ie read like mumu, right from the beginning of the semester, in other to catch up.
2. What you stated there is 1/1000 probability of failing, it's very rear, and I might happen though especially in the past, but now university lecturer easily get sacked, so most of them are afraid of extorting students. And he isn't talking about being the best in his department with 2.2, he said he wants to be a first class graduate, apart from the joy in having such result, he stand a chance of getting a good job in less than a year after his service.

So, to the OP, we all know some people can read and understand a comprehensive passage once, but you know you have to read such passage 3 to 4 time to catch up with such persons, you just need to spend more time in class, studying(right from the beginning of the semester), attend all lectures, read wide and understand and pray alot, you need to be God fearing.
guy! listen and listen well!what that guy quoted u said was Street and the absolute truth!what he's saying in essence is the SYSTEM here could still fuvk you up no matter the level of your IQ or 2point whatever u are aiming after!lone crude quota system abok1 that has never seen the four wall of a classroom fit be yr boss las na job be the Koko !!no more no less.. lecturer go Still continue fuccking female undergraduate despite the all the hue and cries,and male will continue to settle them with them with money ..me ,I enjoy fuccking those girls slaying with nysc dress,yes, I go after them to score a point that that uniform they wear naively and proudly upandan will NEVER give them a job unless they wise up!E go soon clear for una eyes,naija don fuvk since . that's all a word is enough for the wise

1 Like

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by imiski(m): 10:51am On Dec 14, 2019
OneCorner:
You can. Very very possible
Don't give him false hope. You have to factor in the Nigerian educational system.

1 Like

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by like1: 10:53am On Dec 14, 2019
It's possible but unlikely depending on how determined you are and if luck is on your side.

Four a four year course, you need these along the years: (3.0+5.0+5.0+5.0)/4.=4.5

Four a five year course, you need these along the years: (2.8+5.0+5.0+5.0+5.0)/5.=4.56

When I was in Uni for my undergraduate, mine was like this: (3.9+4.32+5.0+5.0)/4.=4.56
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by m140(m): 10:54am On Dec 14, 2019
Donkelzy:
You can't even if you score A through out cuz it's practically impossible, highest you can make is second class upper
Oya give breakdown
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Orpe7(m): 10:54am On Dec 14, 2019
100level
2.8GPA

You wey no fit pass secondary exams (cus 100level is barely secondary school exams) na real university courses exams u wan pass
Better go do another jamb
U don let 100level distractions carry u abi
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Zabiboy: 10:55am On Dec 14, 2019
Snowale:
Abeg, What are you saying now, 1. We all know brilliancy isn't equal in everyone, there is variation to intelligence, some tends to be more brilliant than the others, so if the OP want to meet up with his mates in first class(who probably are very more brilliant than him), then he has to spend more time reading than the brilliant ones, ie read like mumu, right from the beginning of the semester, in other to catch up.
2. What you stated there is 1/1000 probability of failing, it's very rear, and I might happen though especially in the past, but now university lecturer easily get sacked, so most of them are afraid of extorting students. And he isn't talking about being the best in his department with 2.2, he said he wants to be a first class graduate, apart from the joy in having such result, he stand a chance of getting a good job in less than a year after his service.

So, to the OP, we all know some people can read and understand a comprehensive passage once, but you know you have to read such passage 3 to 4 time to catch up with such persons, you just need to spend more time in class, studying(right from the beginning of the semester), attend all lectures, read wide and understand and pray alot, you need to be God fearing.

Frm d way u talk, it seems like u went/ are in a private uni....how many lecturers are being sacked in public univ bcz of sexual stuffs or sorting...

If u talk, my brother e don b for u...so all u do is follow nd do wat ur mates r doing so u can grad in peace
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by mandate12: 10:56am On Dec 14, 2019
Sure u can make first class God is Good Motors.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by millionboi2: 10:58am On Dec 14, 2019
Jueds:
Even if u don't...,.nothin spoil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. / Nigerian Lady Celebrates After Studying For 11 Years To Become A Doctor / The Hostel In UAM Makurdi Has Finally Been Cleaned (photos Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.