Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? (40423 Views)

SEUN Had 2 Brain-Child But Only One Became Famous {OLD SCREENSHOTS} / Ozibo Ekele Graduates From University Of Ibadan With CGPA Of 6.6 Breaks Record / Folafoluwa Oginni Graduates From Heterfordshire University With 5.0 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Richie7(m): 10:58am On Dec 14, 2019
Guy you had already made a big mistake first semenster is the easier topic in school,so have to be very serious in first semenster and you'll have good result.it's isn't easy to upgrade point guy.i wish you best luck
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Sammig1(m): 11:03am On Dec 14, 2019
2.1 is possible. Nigeria employers value 1st class, 2.1 and then 2.2. Aim for 1st class and u may likely get it or land in 2.1
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by ruffDiamond: 11:04am On Dec 14, 2019
CyberEBOLA:
IF YOU GRADUATE WITH FIRSTCLASS, LET ME BEND
Kai bruh that's wicked na lol
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Blueelf: 11:06am On Dec 14, 2019
Jueds:
Pls I'm a student of Microbiology in one of the Nigeria universities. I had 2.80 as CGPA in my first semester in 100 level. And first class has been my goal. Can I still make it to the Top? Pls I need your advise. Because it is a technology school where I'm using 5yrs.

In Christ, all things are possible. The question now becomes; a you willing to show you believe in God by your works? I mean, are you willing to work hard and smart for it?
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Samueltemi337(m): 11:08am On Dec 14, 2019
OneCorner:
You can. Very very possible
He can't
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Samueltemi337(m): 11:09am On Dec 14, 2019
Jueds:
Pls I'm a student of Microbiology in one of the Nigeria universities. I had 2.80 as CGPA in my first semester in 100 level. And first class has been my goal. Can I still make it to the Top? Pls I need your advise. Because it is a technology school where I'm using 5yrs.
Even if you have 5.0 from now till you graduate you still won't make First Class
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:10am On Dec 14, 2019
Jueds:
it's possible only if you are able to get 4.7 above throughout
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by GorkoDimo: 11:10am On Dec 14, 2019
Leave that Futo go to a Private University, you will make first class, but if you remain in Futo you won't make even 2:1 sef.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by aminusodiq(m): 11:11am On Dec 14, 2019
Jueds:
u can manage a strong 2:1, mayb 4.00 above if u have extremly good result:::: first class in ur remainin semesters!!! But to b honest u cannot make a first class with this awful start!
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Zabiboy: 11:12am On Dec 14, 2019
All dis people doing calculations, its either u graduated a long tym ago or u went to a private uni or u'r jzt being sarcastic....how wuld u b telling someone dat started with 2.88 to make 4.7+ frm 200l till graduation.....honestly its impossible....

oga like i'v said before, skul is not for everybody...jzt find out what u have insyd dat can fetch u cool cash nd improve urself bcz if u kill urself with book nd get d impossible first class den u cum out nd stay 3,4,5 years no work den u'll start saying God why nd might b thinking of sucide sef

Generally if its a private uni, mayb you can...but if u r in a public Uni...then trust me u CANT MAKE D FIRST CLASS cz dose lecturers will frustrate u

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by kolaaderin: 11:15am On Dec 14, 2019
Jueds:
Very possible. Henceforth the rest of your semester must be Aimed at 5.0 cumulatively so faith can settle you on nothing less that 4.8 to 4.9 averagely every semester. With that your 4.5 end CGPA could be guarantee.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Simplyleo: 11:16am On Dec 14, 2019
like1:
It's possible but unlikely depending on how determined you are and if luck is on your side.

Four a four year course, you need these along the years: (3.0+5.0+5.0+5.0)/4.=4.5

Four a five year course, you need these along the years: (2.8+5.0+5.0+5.0+5.0)/5.=4.56

When I was in Uni for my undergraduate, mine was like this: (3.9+4.32+5.0+5.0)/4.=4.56
Oga CGPA Is not just the average of GPAs.

It is called Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) not Average Grade Point (AGP).

Example, your cgpa in 100 level second semester is not the average of your GPAs in first and second semester. Your obtained grade points multiplied by the course unit in all your first and second semester courses are summed up and divided by the obtainable grade points. And the result is very different from just adding the GPAs and dividing by 2. This is why courses with high units are taken very seriously because their effect carry a lot of weight.

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Jonathan39: 11:17am On Dec 14, 2019
To me what you said is 100% correct. To catch up with highly intelligent people you have to spend more time reading than they do. Secondly put God first. First Class is possible at worst you end up with 2:1
Snowale:
Abeg, What are you saying now, 1. We all know brilliancy isn't equal in everyone, there is variation to intelligence, some tends to be more brilliant than the others, so if the OP want to meet up with his mates in first class(who probably are very more brilliant than him), then he has to spend more time reading than the brilliant ones, ie read like mumu, right from the beginning of the semester, in other to catch up.
2. What you stated there is 1/1000 probability of failing, it's very rear, and I might happen though especially in the past, but now university lecturer easily get sacked, so most of them are afraid of extorting students. And he isn't talking about being the best in his department with 2.2, he said he wants to be a first class graduate, apart from the joy in having such result, he stand a chance of getting a good job in less than a year after his service.

So, to the OP, we all know some people can read and understand a comprehensive passage once, but you know you have to read such passage 3 to 4 time to catch up with such persons, you just need to spend more time in class, studying(right from the beginning of the semester), attend all lectures, read wide and understand and pray alot, you need to be God fearing.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Samueltemi337(m): 11:25am On Dec 14, 2019
kolaaderin:
Very possible. Henceforth the rest of your semester must be Aimed at 5.0 cumulatively so faith can settle you on nothing less that 4.8 to 4.9 averagely every semester. With that your 4.5 end CGPA could be guarantee.
Even if you get a 5.0 you are going to graduate with a 4.45
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Tegaguru(m): 11:25am On Dec 14, 2019
OgaBuhari:
how can u graduate with first class when u engage on too much of facebook and BBnaija?
now see the kind poor result where u get?
dude just drop out and go learn handwork cos there is no assurance your other semester's result will still be better cos Education no be for everybody and it seems u are among such.

I just pity your poor struggling parents.

The social media bill should be signed for people like you. So out of point, like can't you fucking read??
Pity your poor comprehension first bruh!
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Obagoal4u(m): 11:26am On Dec 14, 2019
Appswheel:
level are you?

During my time at Unilorin, I had CGPA of 2.8X... (cant remember the exact point now) in my 200L, I was studying Mechanical Engineering.

I graduated with a 2.1.

You are not likely to hit a first class.... 2.1 is still possible, if you make friends with the A's.
ur case is different sir, cos u had to start with a new CGPA in ur year 2 and abandoned the year 1 CGPA
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Louisboy22(m): 11:26am On Dec 14, 2019
My dear school is more than GPA
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Snowstorm: 11:29am On Dec 14, 2019
Impossicantè
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Tegaguru(m): 11:31am On Dec 14, 2019
Try doing the maths on your own sincerely. There just might be a slim chance, you really don't know.
The least we both can bet on is a strong 2.1.
Above all, be willing to put in the work - you know yourself best, so do what is necessary.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by BluntBoy(m): 11:40am On Dec 14, 2019
Jueds:

You can. You have 9 semesters to go, so it is still very much possible to achieve. Even more than possible sef.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by causimalbarka(m): 11:47am On Dec 14, 2019
Jueds:

Seems u are student of Futminna..

Let's just face the fact..
You've missed ur shot since ur first day in school..
Ur hope of having first class is impossible.
Your 2:1 is very difficult. But if u strive hard u gonna make 2:1 wish u all the best

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by mechanics(m): 11:48am On Dec 14, 2019
I doubt, just make sure you don't come out with 2.2, if you don't come out with First class you will still make, to be able to graduate with first class, your foundation should be solid.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by seunbobo: 11:51am On Dec 14, 2019
It is very possible.....
You have 8 more semesters to go...Since you are in a University of Technology, one semester will definitely be for Industrial Attachment...Some schools grade Industrial Attachment and some dont.

However from my calculations, you need a minimum of 4.8 GPA per semester for the remaining 8 semesters before you can make a first-class(4.57).
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by ThefemaleKing: 11:51am On Dec 14, 2019
Truth is, NO you can’t make a first class but you can get a 2:1 with INTENSE hard work like a previous poster said.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by smilekid(m): 11:54am On Dec 14, 2019
PatrickOkunima:
It's possible, but in your own case, I don't see that happening. From what I'm seeing, even 2:1 will be a miracle. Just put in your best, success in life is not determined by your grade. I wish you all the best.

Bro 2.1 is still possible if he work really hard because i had 2.67 as my first g.p but i graduated with upper but for first class that's is nearly impossible unless God helps him to write all his test and exams.

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Samueltemi337(m): 11:54am On Dec 14, 2019
seunbobo:
It is very possible.....
You have 8 more semesters to go...Since you are in a University of Technology, one semester will definitely be for Industrial Attachment...Some schools grade Industrial Attachment and some dont.

However from my calculations, you need a minimum of 4.8 GPA per semester for the remaining 8 semesters before you can make a first-class(4.57).
You really don't know how to calculate this thing

Do you?

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Mires: 11:55am On Dec 14, 2019
Zabiboy:

Oga....
School now is not about how u read or going to lectures bla bla bla...
Its mostly about 2 things
1) Remembrance memory....cz u can read like mumu nd still not remember sum things wen u enta hall

2) lecturers.....i wont say much here...but any undergraduate or fresh graduate would know wat m talking about....back then in my year 2 i had a lecturer who made it clear 7k or fail d course....our best student den nd sum churchy people tot he wz joking nd dey all failed. Nobody tell dem d next year to ready their 7k

So OP Just do ur best nd remember to improve urslef with alot of skills so it would boost ur opportunities.....there wz a set where their best student graduated with 2:2...nigerian companies were looking at his grades but a professor abroad wz ready to resign unless he was employed nd t?ill date his coursemates still gives him stuffs to help them with....so b d best version of urself..school doesnt 100% determines ur progress.

You must have graduated from Polytechnic
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Nuelojei38: 12:00pm On Dec 14, 2019
one thing u should understand is the WEIGHT of each level. Different schools have different WEIGHT attached to their levels.
for some schools, 100 level has d least weight. sometimes 10% . while oda schools have the weight evenly distributed amongst all levels. irrespective of which ur school, I can bet that ur hundred level GP is almost not anywhere near being the FONS ET ORIGO of determining ur graduating grade. I.e if it does not affect ur motivation to read
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by catalan15(m): 12:08pm On Dec 14, 2019
Snowale:
Abeg, What are you saying now, 1. We all know brilliancy isn't equal in everyone, there is variation to intelligence, some tends to be more brilliant than the others, so if the OP want to meet up with his mates in first class(who probably are very more brilliant than him), then he has to spend more time reading than the brilliant ones, ie read like mumu, right from the beginning of the semester, in other to catch up.
2. What you stated there is 1/1000 probability of failing, it's very rear, and I might happen though especially in the past, but now university lecturer easily get sacked, so most of them are afraid of extorting students. And he isn't talking about being the best in his department with 2.2, he said he wants to be a first class graduate, apart from the joy in having such result, he stand a chance of getting a good job in less than a year after his service.

So, to the OP, we all know some people can read and understand a comprehensive passage once, but you know you have to read such passage 3 to 4 time to catch up with such persons, you just need to spend more time in class, studying(right from the beginning of the semester), attend all lectures, read wide and understand and pray alot, you need to be God fearing.
Nice One Bro....
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by xcelentattitude(m): 12:12pm On Dec 14, 2019
@Jueds

You have or you had? Which one?

Has it changed? If it hasn't change, it is HAVE not HAD.

My own take is that, nothing anybody says here can changed your resolve. If you are determinedly resolved to get it... You will. And if you're asking for asking sake... You won't.

Most of the time, when people ask this kind of life questions... I usually don't like to bother commenting, because either ways they are still going to do what they want to do, irrespective of whatever advice people give to them.

There you go, you have my opinion.
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by OgaBuhari: 12:14pm On Dec 14, 2019
Tegaguru:

The social media bill should be signed for people like you. So out of point, like can't you fucking read??
Pity your poor comprehension first bruh!
you this urhobo man with no sense.
keep looking for attention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. / Nigerian Lady Celebrates After Studying For 11 Years To Become A Doctor / The Hostel In UAM Makurdi Has Finally Been Cleaned (photos Included)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83