Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,714 members, 7,840,789 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro (48507 Views)

2 Jealous Ladies Upload Married Friend’s Sex Video On Social Media In Lagos / Idowu Oluwatosin Olakunle: Police Arrested Me For Being Feminine & Too Slim / Police Arrested Me Because Of My Dressing, Murder Suspect Confesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by Neverlookback: 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2023
The woman disrespected the husband by meeting another man in a hotel room. Irrespective of the country this happens, it is ethically wrong for both of them to meet in the room rather than the lobby.

However, the police have no right to interfere. These are two adults that have not committed any crime. This is simply a family matter between husband and wife.

If the husband has to go to such lengths though, it means it may be time for him to move on.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by shineeye1: 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2023
Slayar:
This thread is gonna show the number of fools in Nigeria

I agree with you. You will also see how fooools claim to be wise...

1 Like

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by Umadam: 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2023
God punish u there, which useless civilization will warrant u to invite a married woman tobur hotel room, na ur sister?
The hotel no get bar? Lobby? Garden??
All these useless people wer de claim civilization ontop innocent people wifes.

God wont forgive that woman too.

How my wife want explain give me say she meet her male friend inside Hotel room.... kai

1 Like

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by dadebayo1(m): 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2023
Why justify what is wrong... you have reception and all other area within the hotel to meet your so called friend.. for everyone saying it is right will you be happy to have your wife in an hotel room with her so called male friend.. rubbish.. they should have kept him behind bars for several nights so he can fully understand the implications of the nonsense he just did. Shame on him and shame on anyone supporting the nuisance....

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by shineeye1: 9:51pm On Jun 21, 2023
Ewedegubbler:
what rights does the police have to do that? even if he's nacking the presidents wife, there's no crime in there as long as its mutual. our constitution is a liberal one and not some religious utopian mumbo jumbo

This one has already lost his mental compass. Lunacy begins when propriety is religion to you. Awàn oloriburuku
Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by nedekid: 9:51pm On Jun 21, 2023
Lolz, this mannnn!!
Anyway, critically looking at this issue, two ways this "meeting" was discovered.
1. The hubby had cloned the wife's whatapp, bugged her phone, activated the voice function in her car tracker.
2. The hotel has informants that inform olopa when suspected fornication is about to occur (norther Nigeria penal code tins). Olopa then comes to burst the room, harass, the couple and make them pay big kudi to "die" the matter. Informant then gets a share.

Anyway, Mr human rights, will you be comfortable with your wife going to visit a man in his hotel room to say hello to an old friend. Not in the restaurant, poolside ohh, but in your hotel room.
If you are OK with that, all well and good.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by Babatojibola: 9:53pm On Jun 21, 2023
Married woman
Single man friend
Meets in hotel room
Exactly 20 minutes after lodging
Person fit try am with your own Wife ?
Seems we don’t know the meaning of the word
WIFE and MARRIED.
Guess the hotel no get open Bar or Lobby…?
Just wondering….
Did she inform her Husband she would be visiting you..?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by jaxxy(m): 9:54pm On Jun 21, 2023
MrDoGood:

This is Africa, it's not right.

How would you feel if you meet your wife in such situation?

U saw I stated it was questionable and not just in Africa bt anywhere even the west frown at adultery much more than Africa.

However it is not a crime and should be handled in accordance with the law.

Even in the west this would be highly suspicious unless there were other friends around for that meeting. The married woman should know better not to go in until others may be around or they meet in the public areas of the hotel.

The police was wrong and the young man was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by richie240: 9:57pm On Jun 21, 2023
When time reach u go tork truth.
Shey we resemble small pikin for ya aiz, abi?

Dey play!
cool
nlfpmod:
As shared by Human Rights Lawyer, Dr Ayo Sogunro.
Anyway, if you ask me why I am a feminist ally, it is because of issues like this: that we live in a country where a married woman cannot merely visit a male friend alone without both of them risking arrest and detention under gendered laws and their arbitrary application.

https://twitter.com/ayosogunro/status/1671556418938208261

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by Umadam: 9:58pm On Jun 21, 2023
Oga, even from ur early paragraphs, ur friends would come arround to share drink with u, my question is dat, u will buy drinks from the bar and now take it inside d hotel room to drink with a married woman?

Whatever u do in this life God is watching, how will u feel if someone take ur wife to a hotel room because the useless goat came from abroad?

Pls lets have the fear of God, upon all these beautiful damsels everywhere, na married woman u see, haba God..

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by nedekid: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2023
Neverlookback:
The woman disrespected the husband by meeting another man in a hotel room. Irrespective of the country this happens, it is ethically wrong for both of them to meet in the room rather than the lobby.

However, the police have no right to interfere. These are two adults that have not committed any crime. This is simply a family matter between husband and wife.

If the husband has to go to such lengths though, it means it may be time for him to move on.
There is law governing it ohh.
https://tribuneonlineng.com/adultery-can-land-you-two-years-of-imprisonment-police-superintendent/#:~:text=Adultery%20can%20land%20you%20two%20years%20of%20imprisonment%20%E2%80%94%20Police%20superintendent,-by%20Our%20Reporter&text=A%20Nigerian%20police%20officer%2C%20Giwa,that%20attracts%20two%20years%20imprisonment.
Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by saveman91(m): 10:02pm On Jun 21, 2023
Is like this guy no get sense sha maybe goat don collect his sense, na inside hotel room you carried person wife put in wat happen around outside

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by angelfallz(m): 10:02pm On Jun 21, 2023
Does Abuja practice Sharia law? That should be question.
tuzle:
Omo see English on top say person wan commit adultery. This guy is a joker, so he couldn't meet her in the lobby of the hotel or anywhere else where people are but his room to share drink and discuss. He thinks we are fools.
Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by angelfallz(m): 10:02pm On Jun 21, 2023
Does Abuja practice Sharia law? That should be question.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by richie240: 10:04pm On Jun 21, 2023
SeaTrade:

Ignorance is the only reason why many people are still married today,if them open their eyes,them go run.
Truth is bitter!
cool
Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by Simdyofficial(f): 10:05pm On Jun 21, 2023
Odin13:
All this your grammar .. you wan go ride person wife .. based on say .. you don Dey collect for long ..

You too lucky say the man too formal.. no be traditional Alhaji dem..

By now na your dead body and pictures we for the see..

You Dey go form Woke for Islamic enclave .. and still never learn your lesson

Wish you the best till we see your rip..

Person wife go Dey worry una ..

Of all places na your hotel room .. your married friend Dey visit you.. hotel lobby and all no do una .. na room.

Next !

Some people are just careless with their lives
poor soul undecided
Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by richie240: 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2023
Obviously u are a bachelor!
Nor ask me how I know!
cool
KolaShangOne:
He can be visited in a hotel.

The problem with Nigeria is that once you mention the name "HOTEL", everybody thinks you went there to have sex.
kiss

1 Like

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by virginchaser(m): 10:08pm On Jun 21, 2023
I am disappointed no one is even writing anything about his illegal detention. DPO will just detain you if she or she doesn't like your face and they will calm you down and be friendly when releasing you.
Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by bjtinz: 10:09pm On Jun 21, 2023
I can't believe the comments I'm seeing here. A country filled with moral dimwits. Sad but harsh truth. sad

Yes no doubt about it, the morality of the episode is questionable, but NOT ILLEGAL, YOU BLITHERING IDIOTS!!

Equally shocking the speed which the police were able to react to this, with - wait for it - about 6 officiers in tow!!

Had it been an actual crime (robbery etc) do you think those shameless men in black would be this efficient??

And you have towering imbeciileles here supporting this naked disgrace by the Nigerian police. Shame on you all. Useless things.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by Oboys12: 10:10pm On Jun 21, 2023
In all of this
You didn't tell us what happened to the lady
Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by odenkirk: 10:12pm On Jun 21, 2023
there is no law in the ZOO
Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by odenkirk: 10:17pm On Jun 21, 2023
bjtinz:
I can't believe the comments I'm seeing here. A country filled with moral dimwits. Sad but harsh truth. sad

Yes no doubt about it, the morality of the episode is questionable, but NOT ILLEGAL, YOU BLITHERING IDIOTS!!

Equally shocking the speed which the police were able to react to this, with - wait for it - about 6 officiers in tow!!

Had it been an actual crime (robbery etc) do you think those shameless men in black would be this efficient??

And you have towering imbeciileles here supporting this naked disgrace by the Nigerian police. Shame on you all. Useless things.
i was once arrested by zoogerian police just because i entered a brothel
Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by icedbreez(m): 10:17pm On Jun 21, 2023
SeaTrade:
Hotel have lobbies for this reason .
See ehn,I always tell all my guys,learn to open your mind to the possibility of your wife cheating on you atleast once throughout the course of your marriage,if you ever intend to marry.
I've been opportune to role with some women in friendly gatherings and the things they say when they're with some of us they're comfortable with will shock you.
Put yourself first and don't make some insane sacrifices for anybody, neither should you trust all out like a naive person,including your WIFE!!!
Some men today with HIV got it from their wives,but because of their philandering ,they always think it came from them.
Women hardly cheat with condoms,they're always easy to tell you raw or some bs condom irritation story.
I always tell the girl I'm dating that if I should ever catch anything from her in the name of cheating,I'd put a 45 to her head and squeeze the trigger and anyone who tries to come to her defense will meet the same fate.
Sleep around all you want,I no send you,no just give me disease.
Ignorance is the only reason why many people are still married today,if them open their eyes,them go run.
@bolded "On point"
Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by icedbreez(m): 10:19pm On Jun 21, 2023
Married woman inside your hotel room

E for sweet me if to say this your story end with an "accidental discharge" on your kneecap.
Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by drlateef: 10:23pm On Jun 21, 2023
nlfpmod:
As shared by Human Rights Lawyer, Dr Ayo Sogunro.

https://twitter.com/ayosogunro/status/1671556418938208261

Tell us about the woman and her husband, and the marital problems she has. And yes, it is morally wrong to invite a married woman in your room. Are there no conference rooms in the hotel, or any public place over there?
Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by richie240: 10:24pm On Jun 21, 2023
shineeye1:

How many years ago did you leave the fatherland that you are feigning ignorance of basic traditional norms?! I put it to you that you are merely hiding under human rights to undermine social and traditional order. How could you invite a married woman to come visit you in the night and in a hotel room?! That is display of criminal ignorance. People like you are those hiding under human rights and liberties to turn virtuous traditional societies upsidedown just like homosexuals. If you were a responsible man, you would exercise discretion in your late invitations. You would invite at a less unholy hour and to a less private venue. You are a criminal hiding subtily as a snake under human liberties to desecrate social and traditional order. Criminal!
I concur.
This boy is extremely diabolical.
Just look at the way he roped in sharia penal code into the mix to obfuscate the matter.
He knows religion is a touchy issue. He also attempted to deflect the matter by regaling his audience with the way d police deprived him of his 'rights to association' but left the core cause of the arrest.

The boy na devil pikin. Na so den dey hide under 'human rights activism' to cause anarchy.
cool

He claims to be a human rights activist yet depriving someone of his legally married wife.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by Roozzaay(m): 10:27pm On Jun 21, 2023
Shengbo waray? This long epistle to justify your promiscous life? No be your fault, na that foooool way keep a whorrrre for house dey call ham wife, tarnishing the image of NPF by pushing them doing unprofessional stuffs

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by chuksanambra: 10:34pm On Jun 21, 2023
KolaShangOne:
He can be visited in a hotel.

The problem with Nigeria is that once you mention the name "HOTEL", everybody thinks you went there to have sex.

Is that how your own wife use to visit men in hotels?

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by Omoawoke: 10:34pm On Jun 21, 2023
Baba should should the Bleep up, inviting a married woman to hotel room to do what. I hope the husband of the woman is aware. Stupid olosho wife and useless man.
Seun was even supporting the guy on tweeter, I guess you will be okay when your wife goes to visit someone in his hotel room. Civilization kill una. What is wrong is wrong
Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:35pm On Jun 21, 2023
So una nor see the hotel lobby or restaurant or parking lot to siddon talk na inside ur room. Why would a married woman go into a hotel room with a man other than her husband? Even if they have no hidden agenda, it's very wrong.it calls for suspicion. No matter how close they are.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2023
Umadam:
Oga, even from ur early paragraphs, ur friends would come arround to share drink with u, my question is dat, u will buy drinks from the bar and now take it inside d hotel room to drink with a married woman?

Whatever u do in this life God is watching, how will u feel if someone take ur wife to a hotel room because the useless goat came from abroad?

Pls lets have the fear of God, upon all these beautiful damsels everywhere, na married woman u see, haba God..

If dem check the matter well,that woman fit be him ex girlfriend for uni. Alot of these women don't let go of their university or IT boyfriends even after getting married. They commit adultery under the guise of " He or she is my bestie; we have been friends for decades" Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro by BarrettMRAD: 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2023
SeaTrade:
Hotel have lobbies for this reason .
See ehn,I always tell all my guys,learn to open your mind to the possibility of your wife cheating on you atleast once throughout the course of your marriage,if you ever intend to marry.
I've been opportune to role with some women in friendly gatherings and the things they say when they're with some of us they're comfortable with will shock you.
Put yourself first and don't make some insane sacrifices for anybody, neither should you trust all out like a naive person,including your WIFE!!!
Some men today with HIV got it from their wives,but because of their philandering ,they always think it came from them.
Women hardly cheat with condoms,they're always easy to tell you raw or some bs condom irritation story.
I always tell the girl I'm dating that if I should ever catch anything from her in the name of cheating,I'd put a 45 to her head and squeeze the trigger and anyone who tries to come to her defense will meet the same fate.
Sleep around all you want,I no send you,no just give me disease.

You sound like a fool. Why don't you put the .45 against your balls and squeeze the trigger instead? Or did any one force you or curse you to go around having casual encounters with prostututes or your wife who cheats on you willfully

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Suspected Electric Cable Thief Electrocuted To Death In Lagos (Disturbing Photo) / Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban / Delta Woman Stabs Man To Death During Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.