Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years (33916 Views)

President Tinubu Departs For Lagos For Christmas-New Year Break. / Obidients Attack Governor Of Illinois USA, After Chicago University Lock Twitter / President Tinubu Departs For France To Attend Financial Summit (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by Mynd44: 7:20am On Mar 09
*The Struggle Continues: Sowore Departs for USA after Five Years*

Later today I will be returning to the US after almost five years of my unlawful, unjust and inhuman detention by the corrupt Nigerian political system since August 2019.

I was arrested, assaulted, tortured and detained for demanding that Nigerians deserved a nation that they can truly call their own. I was charged with treason - and after 5 years the APC government was forced to withdraw its trumped up charges against me.

If the government thought that keeping me detained, and later restricting my movement would break my spirit, and cause me to renounce my commitment to fighting for the downtrodden Nigerian people, they are mistaken.

In the last five years, I have been denied the ability to visit my family, missing out on precious moments with my darling wife and wonderful children. I lost my brother to gunmen on Nigeria’s roads. My mother’s health deteriorated, due to the emotional toll of the government’s unrelenting assault on my person. My associates have faced arrest, and some imprisonment.

I stand today to declare that I am unbowed. My commitment to Nigeria is unshakable. My resolve to continue to fight for the betterment of the Nigerian nation and to demand accountability from her leaders will never be compromised.

Everything we said five years ago about the need for a radical restructuring of the Nigerian nation and the need for a revolution in our approach to politics and governance has come to pass. Corruption remains high and Nigerians are worse off today than they were five years ago. Inflation is making it difficult for people to put food on the table. Nigeria’s currency has been devalued by almost 100%.

I am under no illusions about what the future holds. I commuted myself to the mission of helping to create a Nigeria that fulfills its promise and realizes its potential, over 30 years ago. I have suffered greatly for that commitment. My family, colleagues, and associates who have stood by me throughout this journey have endured great pain and privations as well.

For those who wonder what my next steps will be - I say this: I believe now, as I did over 30 years ago when I began this journey, that the vision of creating a just and egalitarian society must be established during my lifetime.

My trip today to reunite with my children and courageous and supportive wife is only for a short while. I will return to Nigeria to continue my struggle for the total liberation of our people from the shackles of the current corrupt, self serving political class. I will also be returning to face headlong, the remaining truckload of bogus criminal and civil cases that have been thrown at me since my detention in 2019.

Let me use this opportunity to thank my family, lawyers particularly Femi Falana SAN, colleagues, and fellow revolutionaries at home and abroad who have stood firmly by my side, against all odds.

Nigeria will be free. Nigerians will see a nation that is free of corruption, that has leaders whose only interest is in uplifting the people and creating an environment where our people can realize their potential.

I remain committed to this ideal. It is a commitment that I have dedicated my life to, and my resolve to stay the path and keep on with the fight remains strong!
#RevolutionNow

Posted by Omoyele Sowore on X

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by money121(m): 7:20am On Mar 09
Baba keep his family in USA
But struggle to make Nigeria better place grin grin Expensive Joke grin grin
Please my fellow nigerians
Incase you have the fund just jaapaa ooo grin grin
Our leader don't believe in this country again Won ti paa Nigeria saraa Wicked set of people sad

Just imagine grin grin grin

GOD BLESS NIGERIA cool cool

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by Villa12(m): 7:21am On Mar 09
Tinubu is the worst black president on earth

107 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by EnglishUsa: 7:21am On Mar 09
B

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by bigdammyj: 7:21am On Mar 09
Noted.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by naija4life247: 7:22am On Mar 09
Look at the idiot that Tinubu just pitied and withdrew the case against in the spirit of "na our son". Better go and thank Tinubu, if not we will get you again as we did to the lord of the lost Jews Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, and put you in permanent detention

104 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by Realdeals(m): 7:22am On Mar 09
Sowore is a great man that fought oppression in his own ways. He'll surely return.

To all those quoting me, I repeat, SOWORE IS A GREAT MAN! He fight for justice and oppression, he's different from ranters, that can only read and write, but cannot act.

117 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by awoofquality: 7:22am On Mar 09

1 Like

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by Mmaduise(m): 7:22am On Mar 09
Good for him me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by Anguldi(m): 7:22am On Mar 09
Japaaaa Japaaaaa tongue

Till 2026/2027
Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by StOla: 7:22am On Mar 09
Au revoir!

1 Like

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by aikyg(m): 7:23am On Mar 09
He said it like he has been in prison in another country and is finally going home to his country. A lot of people who want to lead Nigeria, do not really act like Nigeria is their home. They set up safe homes in other countries and come to Nigeria to hustle. We need political leaders that are true Nigerians.

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by CamsedVacancy: 7:23am On Mar 09
Safe journey

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by SpatialKing(m): 7:23am On Mar 09
This one done Japa

3 Likes

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by success1smyn(m): 7:23am On Mar 09
Ok
Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by MVLOX(m): 7:23am On Mar 09
We hear you Sir
Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by Sagtop: 7:24am On Mar 09
Maaadallah...

5 Years Without S*x Isn't Easy, He Needs to Go & Change Oil in USA... cry

Ara Baba ti kun, Baba fe lo pumpu akamu wink

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by Seagodess(f): 7:24am On Mar 09
Mnn
Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by money121(m): 7:24am On Mar 09
Realdeals:
Sowore is a great man that fought oppression in his own ways. He'll surely return.
Yimu cheesy cheesy
Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by BigYash: 7:24am On Mar 09
Revolutional man sef don japa grin

If care is not taken,Tinubu fit japa leave the country for Yarimo soon grin

APC the wicked producer

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by twilliamx(m): 7:25am On Mar 09
Villa12:
Tinubu is the worst black president on earth
Was tinubu president 5 years ago? But na tinubu wey hin government lift hin restrictions be the worst black president. I know u are Igbo so no need to bother

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by Goalnaldo(m): 7:26am On Mar 09
He may have genuine intentions but the way he goes about it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by NaijaCover(m): 7:26am On Mar 09
All The Best

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by Godada(m): 7:27am On Mar 09

Nigeria will be great again
Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by AmakaTips2: 7:27am On Mar 09
Journey mercy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by EnglishUsa: 7:28am On Mar 09
I pray nnadi kunu will be out soon so that, Nnadi kunu, igboho and you can achieve something good for Nigeria and Nigerians... Nigeria government is creating a very tough next generation of politicians through nnamdi Kanu, igboho and after this guys pass through all this tortures They will come out to become a lion

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by AMAUCHESKY(m): 7:28am On Mar 09
It is well
Strong Addiction required strategic steps to overcome because is like a virus in the blood..
Contact me via my signature for help
Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by BodyCount: 7:29am On Mar 09
grin
Re: Sowore Departs For USA After Five Years by Villa12(m): 7:29am On Mar 09
twilliamx:

Was tinubu president 5 years ago? But na tinubu wey government wey lift hin restrictions be the worst black president. I know u are Igbo so no need to bother
if i am Igbo truly as you rightly claim ir shall never be well with me and my household, but if I'm a Yoruba guy then i will succeed this very year, whatsoever i lay my hands upon shall prosper and God will grant me my heart desires. Amen

I do not need to curse you because i believe anyone who supported Buhari failed government and still went ahead to support Tinubu is already curse

42 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reno Omokri's TEDx Talk On Restructuring, Everyone Is Talking About / 2023: APC Govs Scheme Against Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi Amid Plot Against Zoning / Keyamo To Appeal As Court Fines Him N10m For Frivolous Lawsuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.