Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,217 members, 7,873,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:14 PM

Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard (20183 Views)

Mikel Is Part Of Our Problem – Chelsea’s Club Legend Reveals / Why Keeping John Obi Mikel Is Chelsea’s Best Transfer Move So Far This Summer / Mikel Is 7th Best Paid African Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by ogahope(m): 9:59am On Jul 31, 2012
Mikel-Mikel... I know dt ManU fans will always talk ill of him cos he shun dem. Mikel 4me is one of d greatest players Nigeria has produce ova d yrs. Apart 4rm Kanu and his Nig teamat in Ajax tell me anoda CL hero. Is mikel of course. If u nigerians dnt value him, he is much relevant nd integral part of Chelsea nd Super Eagle. Lampard is sayin d truth.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by niyitogun(m): 10:23am On Jul 31, 2012
Ejiné: I think a committee should be set up to help look into why Mikel Obi is underrated by outsiders undecided

I can assure you we are looking into it and any decision made will be in the best possible interest of the people. We remain committed to the course
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by adaybayor(m): 10:31am On Jul 31, 2012
phreakabit: Yorubas already derailing the thread. . . Stay in the mud filled puddle, I am cool being in the infinity pool, not going to join y'all this time. BTW nice one Frank Lampard. #Kudos!

Go hang urself
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by adaybayor(m): 10:45am On Jul 31, 2012
phreakabit: Yorubas already derailing the thread. . . Stay in the mud filled puddle, I am cool being in the infinity pool, not going to join y'all this time. BTW nice one Frank Lampard. #Kudos!
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by djosh4(m): 10:46am On Jul 31, 2012
Mikel is only 25,he'll get better as he gets older

1 Like

Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by adaybayor(m): 10:48am On Jul 31, 2012
ogaemma: The man who played that role b4 Mikel was inspiring, aggressive and a scorer. Then why is Mikel not scoring? Why is he holding unto the ball only? What his fans are saying is Mikel should start steping on the aggressive and scoring shoes of Makalele.

You sure didn't watch makele in chelsea jersey and most likely speaking out of imagination...how many goals did mak4 score @chelsea? Stop talking what u don't know
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by adaybayor(m): 10:51am On Jul 31, 2012
ebamma: what lampard is trying to tell is that mikel is over- rated by insiders and to add to that i will say that mikel is the only player in premier league i can bet money on that he will not score a goal this season.

Ever wondered why chelsea haven't sold him and why all chelsea managers have seen him as α̲̅ valuable asset?

1 Like

Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:34am On Jul 31, 2012
KINGwax: central midfielder? At ywc? Is he not playin as an offensive midfielder? Shut up dude!

Oga shut your stup!d mouth . Na your type dey use palito radio listen to match after you go dey shout loud pass people wen use LCD screen watch match . Keep shut . You know little or nothing about football . Go back to playing ludo or whatever you play and let those who know about football speak . Because of everybody dey nairaland even riff-raffs and scumbags go dey follow pesin argue. There is a difference between CMF , AMF and DMF for example in real madrid Ozil plays AMF , Khedira CMF and Xabi DMF. Mikel played CMF , Sani keita played DMF at the YWC. No come dey follow person argue wetin you no know

1 Like

Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by 2goodbobo(m): 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2012
Just the way Sergio is an integral part of Barcelona's Midfield,so is Mikel to Chelsea's midfield. Mikel is a good player any day anytime!

1 Like

Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by SimplySEA(m): 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2012
Song keeps improving season after season. Our mikel? I jus don't kno! But i'm certain about one thing,"i can put my money on mikel not scorin a goal dis season". On d pitch, he looks pathetic!
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by Saintsquare(m): 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2012
SimplySEA: Song keeps improving season after season. Our mikel? I jus don't kno! But i'm certain about one thing,"i can put my money on mikel not scorin a goal dis season". On d pitch, he looks pathetic!
Where has Song's improvement taken him?.If Mikel aint scoring,chelseafc is not complaining.
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by dahdah: 12:36pm On Jul 31, 2012
SO WE STILL HAVE PEOPLE CRITICIZING MIKEL OBI PATTERN OF PLAY.......WE STILL HAVE ENEMIES OF PROGRESS IN NIGERIA, THE FACT IS THAT HE DOES WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM HIM BY HIS MANAGERS, HATERS CAN GO TO HELL AND STOP THE RUBBISH .
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by BizBooks(m): 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2012
SimplySEA: Song keeps improving season after season.

If Song is that good, why hasn't a bigger team paid big money for him. Man U has been
looking for a midfielder for the past 2 years. Why haven't they gone for him? One thing
I have noticed is that most of the people complaining about Mikel are Arsenal fans.
Instead of complaining about Mikel, they should spend some time and find out why Arsenal
has not won a trophy in 20 years (I know it's 7 but let's keep it at 20).

While you Arsenal fans are here talking about Mikel, all your good players are busy going
elsewhere. Fabregas, Nasir, Clichy, van Persie all gone. Walcott will soon follow. Also
while other teams are busy buying world class players, the best you could do is Lukas
Podolski. With all the money at his disposal, Wenger refuses to buy world class players.
Relegation awaits you this season grin grin grin.
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by Agimor(m): 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
ebamma: what lampard is trying to tell is that mikel is over- rated by insiders and to add to that i will say that mikel is the only player in premier league i can bet money on that he will not score a goal this season.
Lol.you nor funny na everybody they score b4,aleast then they fill he impact for the game.
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by Regiblinkz(m): 2:56pm On Jul 31, 2012
Its not as if anyone of u can play footb all the way mikel does..all u do is criticize all nigerian players..don't u all have legs or is mikel older than most of u...u don't value what u have until u loose it...OKOCHA
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2012
dyabman: some people are just been silly and simple-minded , so if mikel had played his preferred role as a CMD ,are you telling me he would give chelsea what we needed by going forward in this EPL we all know ? because he came 2nd to lionel messi in the WYC does that mean if he played that role he will also flourish like messi hes doing now by winning numerous awards ? N.O NO, i don't think he has won any personal award at chelsea even new boy ramirez won players player of the year award..

Lampard was on rum grin

If he is played in his right position, he will flourish up to Messi's level. Imagine if Zinedine Zidane or Ronaldhino is put in the DMF position, do you think they will reach the height they achieved? Or if Messi is playing the DMF position or as a RB, do you think he will win world best?

Just see as Di Matteo gave him more freedom, there is a lot of talk of how Mikel has improved. It is just the coach given him more freedom to get into the CMF position.

If Ramirez is played deep and is restricted from going forward, he would never have won any award. Mikel has stated it that most coaches of the past restricted him from going forward. Thanx to Di Matteo, he is finally getting a little break.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by iykescream: 4:54pm On Jul 31, 2012
ogaemma: The man who played that role b4 Mikel was inspiring, aggressive and a scorer. Then why is Mikel not scoring? Why is he holding unto the ball only? What his fans are saying is Mikel should start steping on the aggressive and scoring shoes of Makalele.
pray tell me how many goals makelel scored throughout his chelsea career?
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by playboy19(m): 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2012
ogahope: Mikel-Mikel... I know dt ManU fans will always talk ill of him cos he shun dem. Mikel 4me is one of d greatest players Nigeria has produce ova d yrs. Apart 4rm Kanu and his Nig teamat in Ajax tell me anoda CL hero. Is mikel of course. If u nigerians dnt value him, he is much relevant nd integral part of Chelsea nd Super Eagle. Lampard is sayin d truth.

@Bolded, you see what sunday tribune has done to your sport knowledge? Mikel shunned Man U? Very funny. And FYI, Man U signed Mikel for 4m pounds from Lyn Oslo and before the beginning of the season sold him to Chelsea for 12m pounds. That's cool 8m pounds profit within few weeks. You should commend that.
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by vislabraye(m): 5:44pm On Jul 31, 2012
MacLovington: Fact is the world loves very expressive, explosive players (no matter the position they play in) like Yaya Toure, Messi, Vieira, Okocha because they give us that entertainment and special moments that lead to goals. These stick in our memories.

We seem to appreciate less the solid, confident and assured performance of DMFs but that's usually where games are won and lost. People praise Rooney when he scores 1 goal even if he barely touched the ball for 30 minutes but only few mention Carrick who slaves away throughout the game.

Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by vislabraye(m): 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2012
Mikel is still a good player but not fantastic. If he meets a good dribbler one one one he will be outsmarted.
What he does now is play safe. A lot of back passes and a long pass. Mikel still has some good qualities: he's a very good passer and he can't be easily despossessed of the ball. But his presence should be more dominant in his team.
If JT is allowed to overlap why not Mikel. Modern football requires massive attack as well as mass defence.
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by Cornel88(m): 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2012
phreakabit:

Read the emboldened and then go take a shower, turn of the lights, ponder about your life for a while and go to bed ashamed. You clearly know little or nothing about football.
he made a good point. Defenders r even more attarin minded dan dat chicken hearted mikel. He needs to build on his confidence to lift up his game.
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by RUNSTOEFLGRE: 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2012
BROTHER..YOU ARE TRULY A FOOTBALL ANALYTICAL GENIUS.MAN UNITED WERE UNABLE TO KILL HIS CAREER THAT'S WHY MAN U FANS HERE ARE DYING & BEING MIKEL HATRED.GO&HANG URSELF IN WET TRANSFORMER IF HIS STYLE OF PLAY IS ANNOYING U..ANY COACH WHO BENCHES MIKEL,IS AT HIS WON PERRY.MANY COACHES HAVE TRIED IT IN CHELSEA IN THE PAST & RECEIVED LOAD OF STROKES OF CANE FROM CHELSEA OWNER.IF YOU THINK HE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL,WELL YOUR BOOT SIZE IS IN THE MARKET.WHY NOT WEAR IT AND TEACH HIM WELL.SOMEBODY WHO PLAYS EVERY SEASON ALMOST 90 MINUTES YOU ARE SAYING HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING IN CHELSEA..AS FAR AS CHELSEA IS CONCERN,MIKE WILL BE PUTTING ON CHELSEA SHIRT COME RAIN COME SHINE UNTIL HE HANGS HIS BOOT,GET USED TO THAT..IF IT IS PAINING U DEEPLY,GO&HANG ON WET TRANSFORMER.DO U KNOW SOME PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO PLAY AND AS WELL DO NOT KNOW HOW TO WATCH AS WELL?COME TO WATCH AND JUDGE U NO SABI..TUFIAKWA

didadavid: Most of the people commenting here know very little about football.

When Makele left Real Madrid, the club's president said, "Makelele isn't really a fantastic player, he doesn't score goals, he makes only sideways and back passes, he will never be missed". When he left Madrid suffered for about 7 years before the advent of Mourinho. Zidane and McManaman who were Makelele's team mates rebuked the president statement. Zidane said "Claude is Madrid's best player, he is underrated, without him we will concede many goals and lose possession to our opponent in most of our matches". When Makelele landed at Chelsea he got a regular shirt, was an important part of the team and scored only two goals(Mikel has scored two goals) in 6 seasons. When Mikel arrived at Chelsea, Mourinho called him the future Makelele.

go to wikipedia and read about makelele, thats where I got my analysis from.

Mikel since arrival has been an important part of the team. When Ballack and Deco where around he started many matches leaving Essien on the bench

Meireles sits on the bench to watch mikel play

When Mikel is playing, chelsea have higher possession of the ball.

When everyone is gone to search for goals, he stays at the back to protect any counter.

Playing in the defensive midfield, the player might not make any tackle but his presence at that position disorganises the opponent from launching attack, they just take the ball back. Just standing in the defensive midfield jugging around is a lot of work even without making any tackle

Mikel is not timid, he plays with confidence, you think he does because you expect too much of him, and if he cant meet up to your expectation you think he his scared. He is not staying back because he's scared but because he knows thats the best way to play his football.

On many occasion, chelsea conceded goals, lost matches and possession after Mikel has been subtituted

If Mikel is not good he wont be receiving 110k pound sterling(owo iya charlie) per week, thats about 30 million nigerian naira compared to Song's 50k weekly. He should have been sold. He shouldn't make the first team. He should be on the bench 90 percent of the time. He wouldn't have played the semi final matches against Barcelona and the final in Munich. We should be reading his coach's complaint of him in the newspaper and the internet.

The last time I checked the Chelsea website, I saw Chelsea standard formation on the home page, only eleven players where there, guess what, Mikel is there.

Chelsea is one of biggest and best clubs under the milky-way, and our man has made it to the first team, and you say he's not good. Go have a re-think.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by Emylexray(m): 9:14pm On Jul 31, 2012
Akposkool: .this speaks volume of hw stupid you really are.mikel benched essien throughout last season.the only wonders essien did was commiting needless penalties n scoring own goals,while mikel was busy keeping top stars like messi and robben at bay.go check ur facts.
why you dey jump like grasshopper?..did i say last season? Read my post again. Injury sidelined essien for a major part of last season and even last two seasons. Before his injury woes, wasn't he a core part of chelsea's team? Learn to digest a post before ranting.
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by Saintsquare(m): 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2012
playboy19:

@Bolded, you see what sunday tribune has done to your sport knowledge? Mikel shunned Man U? Very funny. And FYI, Man U signed Mikel for 4m pounds from Lyn Oslo and before the beginning of the season sold him to Chelsea for 12m pounds. That's cool 8m pounds profit within few weeks. You should commend that.
Mikel didn't sign wit MANure,d club struck a deal wit Lyn Oslo witout Mikel's agent awareness.Chelsea were in contact wit d agent earlier.If ur confused,check wikipedia.
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by felixtare(m): 2:26am On Aug 01, 2012
Make una dey kill una selves wth argument,mikel don win champions league and he dey make is money dey go.......poundssssssssss
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by kobikwelu(m): 7:48am On Aug 01, 2012
FIRST THINGS FIRST!!! WIKIPEDIA IS NOT A TRUSTED SOURCE....ANYBODY CAN GO AND EDIT WIKIPEDIA.....

Secondly....Nigerians and their mediocrity...
Mikel is the anchor in midfield...he balances the game for the chelseans and though most of the haters might not see it......only sharp and tactic minds will understand his value..

All i see are people (mostly Nigerians in this thread)that complain and expect him to play okocha's role...NEWS FLASH!!! the attacking midfielder's role is a dying role.Most coaches expect a structured team formation and i think mikel is playing that role perfectly...personally speaking, if mikel was allowed to play the "okocha's" role..by now he would be playing in INDIA!!...(and dont come and start telling me about oezil...oezil is not a 10.....he plays the 8 role-in the real madrid's 4-2-3-1)

Another thing..if you "nairaland world class experts" know more, why hasnt mikel been shipped off if he is not valuable....the professionals who are paid millions and do this for a living (and also earned their coaching badges with years experience) know his value..instead all we have here are semi-literates who can barely compose meaningful sentences come and criticise mikel for his playing style which has obviously given him an illustrous career already..

the so-called okocha.....when he was at the pinnacle of his career, what was the best club that he ever played in??if he was the 2nd comming of van basten, why didnt real madrid, barcelona, chelsea or even bayern munich snatch him up?? instead he ended up in PSG
i vividly remember when okocha would dribble the ball past every body and do all the "sliky and sexy moves in the pitch" what would be the result?? missed opportunities and wasted efforts..

ladies and gents....football has a purpose..and mikel is playing purposeful football..

rui costa,okocha, ballack..were the last generation of super 10's.....if you guys are hoping that mikel would run all over the pitch and start doing Nigerian style rigmarolling aka "eeeeeeeyyy eyyyyyyyyy eeeeyyyyyyy" on the pitch forget it...
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by Saintsquare(m): 7:59am On Aug 01, 2012
kobikwelu: FIRST THINGS FIRST!!! WIKIPEDIA IS NOT A TRUSTED SOURCE....ANYBODY CAN GO AND EDIT WIKIPEDIA.....

Mikel is the anchor in midfield...he balances the game for the chelseans and though most of the haters might not see it......only sharp and tactic minds will understand his value..

All i see are people (mostly Nigerians in this thread)that complain and expect him to play okocha's role...NEWS FLASH!!! the attacking midfielder's role is a dying role.Most coaches expect a structured team formation and i think mikel is playing that role perfectly...personally speaking, if mikel was allowed to play the "okocha's" role..by now he would be playing in INDIA!!...that role is a dying role...

Another thing..if you "nairaland world class experts" know more, why hasnt mikel be shipped off if he is not valuable....the professionals who are paid millions and do this for a living (and also earned their coaching badges with years experience) know his value..instead all we have here are semi-literates who can barely compose a meaningful sentence come and criticise mikel for his playing style which has obviously given him an illustrous career already..

the so-called okocha.....when he was at the pinnacle of his career, what was the best club that he ever played in??
i vividly remember when okocha would dribble the ball past every body and do all the "sliky and sexy moves in the pitch" what would be the result?? missed opportunities and wasted efforts..i remember everybody always complaining about his aimless style of football.

ladies and gents....football has a purpose..and mikel is playing purposeful football..even the messi "wey una dey use compare" he always has a plan...
Gud1,but Mikel haters are mostly Nigerians,what a shame.They only emphszes on Negative stuff.
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by Saintsquare(m): 7:59am On Aug 01, 2012
kobikwelu: FIRST THINGS FIRST!!! WIKIPEDIA IS NOT A TRUSTED SOURCE....ANYBODY CAN GO AND EDIT WIKIPEDIA.....

All i see are people (mostly Nigerians in this thread)that complain and expect him to play okocha's role...NEWS FLASH!!! the attacking midfielder's role is a dying role.Most coaches expect a structured team formation and i think mikel is playing that role perfectly...personally speaking, if mikel was allowed to play the "okocha's" role..by now he would be playing in INDIA!!...that role is a dying role...

Another thing..if you "nairaland world class experts" know more, why hasnt mikel be shipped off if he is not valuable....the professionals who are paid millions and do this for a living (and also earned their coaching badges with years experience) know his value..instead all we have here are semi-literates who can barely compose a meaningful sentence come and criticise mikel for his playing style which has obviously given him an illustrous career already..

the so-called okocha.....when he was at the pinnacle of his career, what was the best club that he ever played in??
i vividly remember when okocha would dribble the ball past every body and do all the "sliky and sexy moves in the pitch" what would be the result?? missed opportunities and wasted efforts..i remember everybody always complaining about his aimless style of football.

ladies and gents....football has a purpose..and mikel is playing purposeful football..even the messi "wey una dey use compare" he always has a plan...
Gud1,but Mikel haters are mostly Nigerians,what a shame.They only emphszes on Negative stuff.
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by omar22(m): 8:53am On Aug 01, 2012
God BLESS you for giving us those old memories of the GREAT mikel back in 2005 . That Mikel was light years ahead of this Mikel , He played elegantly back then and could shuttle between the center midfield and defensive midfield role until the defensive control freak called Mourinho brought him to Chelsea and destroyed his Career . Had Mikel signed for a team that encourages creative football like Bayern , Barcelona , AC Milan or even Arsenal he would have been THE BEST at the CMF / DMF role he plays . Take a look at how A.song has improved under Wenger .

Sometimes when people speak you have to leave them and let talk gibberish.. Mikel at 2005 WYC was still growing and was raw, is it because great manager identified the talent within Mikel and enhanced it, but no he didnt become the next Jay Jay Okocha people want him to be! Mathias Sammar the East German star of Chile 87 was an attacking midfielder but when he captained Germany to Victory at Euro 96 he was playing as a Sweeper we dont have the moaning and whinging people complaining, Bastian Schweinsteiger was a winger at World Cup 06 and Euro 2008 but because Ballack couldnt make the world cup in South Africa he was pushed back to partner Khadeira in the midfield and the rest is history. Andreas Pirlo was a supporting Striker but Carlo Ancelotti turned into a deep lying playmaker.

At the end of the day its Mikel's career. Man Utd signed Eric Djemba Djambe to replace Roy Keane where is he today, They signed Rossi as Paul Scholes replacement, hes gone, Mikel would have been another player for Scholes replace he would be benched or shipped out.

Its a shame the way Nigerians view Mikel, it was the same view the Real Madrid president viewed Makalele, he said he doesnt, score or attack only passes the ball side ways... Zidane why respraying the bentley when you are seeling the engine (by beckham as replacement)
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:41pm On Aug 01, 2012

All i see are people (mostly Nigerians in this thread)that complain and expect him to play okocha's role...NEWS FLASH!!! the attacking midfielder's role is a dying role.Most coaches expect a structured team formation and i think mikel is playing that role perfectly...personally speaking, if mikel was allowed to play the "okocha's" role..by now he would be playing in INDIA!!...(and dont come and start telling me about oezil...oezil is not a 10.....he plays the 8 role-in the real madrid's 4-2-3-1)

Another thing..if you "nairaland world class experts" know more, why hasnt mikel been shipped off if he is not valuable....the professionals who are paid millions and do this for a living (and also earned their coaching badges with years experience) know his value..instead all we have here are semi-literates who can barely compose meaningful sentences come and criticise mikel for his playing style which has obviously given him an illustrous career already..

the so-called okocha.....when he was at the pinnacle of his career, what was the best club that he ever played in??if he was the 2nd comming of van basten, why didnt real madrid, barcelona, chelsea or even bayern munich snatch him up?? instead he ended up in PSG
i vividly remember when okocha would dribble the ball past every body and do all the "sliky and sexy moves in the pitch" what would be the result?? missed opportunities and wasted efforts..

ladies and gents....football has a purpose..and mikel is playing purposeful football..

rui costa,okocha, ballack..were the last generation of super 10's.....if you guys are hoping that mikel would run all over the pitch and start doing Nigerian style rigmarolling aka "eeeeeeeyyy eyyyyyyyyy eeeeyyyyyyy" on the pitch forget it...

What will you say about the new superstars like Pastore (PSG), Hernanes (Lazio), David Silva (Man City), Jonas (Valencia), Moutinho (Porto). Also the upcoming super 10's like Erik Lamela (Roma), Eriksen (Ajax), Ricardo Alvarez (Inter Milan), Thiago Alcantara (Barca).

Your opinion of the great CM/AM dying is false, it is just that now the deep lying midfielders like Pirlo, Xabi Alonso, Busquets, Miguel Veloso and Ever Banega are beginning to gain their recognition and value. Mikel now falls into this group. Many Italian fans liken Mikel to the great Albertini of AC Milan and Italy.

I still believe Mikel will do better playing the CMF role just like the way Zidane used to play and Xavi. Also Toni Kroos plays that role for Bayern. It will suit Mikel's calm play and bring out more of his creativity hidden inside him.

Finally checkout a kid that reminds me of a young Pirlo. This kid is going to be great and I wish him tha best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P_AtvnQfMU
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:05pm On Aug 01, 2012
omar22:

Andreas Pirlo was a supporting Striker but Carlo Ancelotti turned into a deep lying playmaker.

That made Kaka still the whole shine while Pirlo was actually the best player. Although Pirlo was the most important player of AC Milan then, Kaka stole all the shine because he was in the preferred position. Mikel is doing well as a deep lying playmaker, but he will flourish as a CMF. Just the way Fabregas played for Arsenal.

By the way Guiseppe Rossi was never Paul Scholes replacement, he was a striker and left because Solksjaer refused to retire to create room for him to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlMf1ohJdaE
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by dyabman(m): 9:07am On Aug 02, 2012
MIKEL is calm and has got no pace unlike YAYA TOURE dat is explosive, so him playing his prefered role in 2006 would be shit on chelsea midfielders back then.. or will anyone tell me any CMD that has got no pace and flourishes ?if mikel had played that favored role back then ,right now he will be playing for Rubin kazan.
pirlo
modric
kroos
bastian s.
deco
little oscar
lampard
ballack
yaya toure
scholes
joe allen
and so on
all this aforementioned have got loads of pace in them to play dat role

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lineups Released For The Nigeria Match Against Ghana: Your Thoughts? / Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr / Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Only Player To Score 100+ Goals In EPL, UCL & La Liga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.