Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,723 members, 7,889,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:42 AM

Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard (20205 Views)

Mikel Is Part Of Our Problem – Chelsea’s Club Legend Reveals / Why Keeping John Obi Mikel Is Chelsea’s Best Transfer Move So Far This Summer / Mikel Is 7th Best Paid African Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by dyabman(m): 9:10am On Aug 02, 2012
^^^NOT MIKEL ,he should keep doing what he is good at now or else he will be expose like Kalou and bosingwa
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by omar22(m): 9:13am On Aug 02, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

That made Kaka still the whole shine while Pirlo was actually the best player. Although Pirlo was the most important player of AC Milan then, Kaka stole all the shine because he was in the preferred position. Mikel is doing well as a deep lying playmaker, but he will flourish as a CMF. Just the way Fabregas played for Arsenal.

By the way Guiseppe Rossi was never Paul Scholes replacement, he was a striker and left because Solksjaer refused to retire to create room for him to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlMf1ohJdaE

Alex Ferguson wanted to use Rossi as a drop off striker the postion Scholes plays at the early stage of his career playing in between Midfielders and striker.
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by kobikwelu(m): 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2012
What will you say about the new superstars like Pastore (PSG), Hernanes (Lazio), David Silva (Man City), Jonas (Valencia), Moutinho (Porto). Also the upcoming super 10's like Erik Lamela (Roma), Eriksen (Ajax), Ricardo Alvarez (Inter Milan), Thiago Alcantara (Barca).

Your opinion of the great CM/AM dying is false, it is just that now the deep lying midfielders like Pirlo, Xabi Alonso, Busquets, Miguel Veloso and Ever Banega are beginning to gain their recognition and value. Mikel now falls into this group. Many Italian fans liken Mikel to the great Albertini of AC Milan and Italy.

I still believe Mikel will do better playing the CMF role just like the way Zidane used to play and Xavi. Also Toni Kroos plays that role for Bayern. It will suit Mikel's calm play and bring out more of his creativity hidden inside him.

Finally checkout a kid that reminds me of a young Pirlo. This kid is going to be great and I wish him tha best

oga..i am not talking about AMF's i meant CMF....there is a very big difference between and 8 and a 10.....THE IDEA OF A CENTRAL MIDFIELDER IS TO PRIMARILY DISTRIBUTE THE BALL WITHOUT ANY NEED TO PUSH FOWARD......THE POSITION OF AN 8 IS AN aTTACKING MIDFIELDER...

the problem is that you are muddling up the position....XAVI..is a pure 10 for barca....
pastore and kroos are basically 8's (attacking midfielder's)...AND i reiterate it....the position of A CMF is a dying role...let me explain

a couple of years ago(probably in the last decade).....most teams played a 4-4-2 formation(diamond or flat) and you had a DMF feeding the ball to a CMF with the SCF and CF..and wingers all making moves.......

now with the advent of the lone striker and with the need to clog up the mid-field...most teams now play 5 in the midfield(4-2-3-1)so basically the guy that distributes the passes is deep and those you see a little withdrawn in the midfield(who makes those daring and attacking runs from the midfield)are the pastore's/erickson/kroos/thiago alacantra (basically attacking midfielders)......and dont compare xavi playing for spain to xavi playing for barca...
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
dyabman: MIKEL is calm and has got no pace unlike YAYA TOURE dat is explosive, so him playing his prefered role in 2006 would be shit on chelsea midfielders back then.. or will anyone tell me any CMD that has got no pace and flourishes ?if mikel had played that favored role back then ,right now he will be playing for Rubin kazan.
pirlo
modric
kroos
bastian s.
deco
little oscar
lampard
ballack
yaya toure
scholes
joe allen
and so on
all this aforementioned have got loads of pace in them to play dat role

First of all, Lampard isn't that pacy, same with Ballack or Toni Kroos. Even Pirlo doesn't play with pace. The truth is that only Yaya Toure among the players on your list have been forced to play out of position (as a DMF/CB). The reason why you can talk of Yaya being explosive in pace is because Mancini gave him that freedom to express himself. That is what we are talking about Mikel. If Mikel is giving freedom to express himself, many will see there is more to his game than just maintaining the structure of the team.
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:27pm On Aug 02, 2012
omar22:

Alex Ferguson wanted to use Rossi as a drop off striker the postion Scholes plays at the early stage of his career playing in between Midfielders and striker.

You are wrong here. I followed Guiseppe Rossi from when he was brought to Old Trafford. He was always a creative finisher. If you remember, there were games (I think against Sunderland for instance) that he replaced Ruud Van Nisteelroy. I believe his problem was Rooney. Sir Alex could not stand having to drop Rooney to allow Rossi shine.

The Rossi SAF wanted to use to replace Scholes was De Rossi of Roma.
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:47pm On Aug 02, 2012
kobikwelu:

oga..i am not talking about AMF's i meant CMF....there is a very big difference between and 8 and a 10.....THE IDEA OF A CENTRAL MIDFIELDER IS TO PRIMARILY DISTRIBUTE THE BALL WITHOUT ANY NEED TO PUSH FOWARD......THE POSITION OF AN 8 IS AN aTTACKING MIDFIELDER...

the problem is that you are muddling up the position....XAVI..is a pure 10 for barca....
pastore and kroos are basically 8's (attacking midfielder's)...AND i reiterate it....the position of A CMF is a dying role...let me explain

a couple of years ago(probably in the last decade).....most teams played a 4-4-2 formation(diamond or flat) and you had a DMF feeding the ball to a CMF with the SCF and CF..and wingers all making moves.......

now with the advent of the lone striker and with the need to clog up the mid-field...most teams now play 5 in the midfield(4-2-3-1)so basically the guy that distributes the passes is deep and those you see a little withdrawn in the midfield(who makes those daring and attacking runs from the midfield)are the pastore's/erickson/kroos/thiago alacantra (basically attacking midfielders)......and dont compare xavi playing for spain to xavi playing for barca...

So you agree that the role isn't dying if you believe this guys are attacking midfielders. Secondly if you read my statements,

What will you say about the new superstars like Pastore (PSG), Hernanes (Lazio), David Silva (Man City), Jonas (Valencia), Moutinho (Porto). Also the upcoming super 10's like Erik Lamela (Roma), Eriksen (Ajax), Ricardo Alvarez (Inter Milan), Thiago Alcantara (Barca).

I called them 10's, the role you said that is dying. Also I said,

it is just that now the deep lying midfielders like Pirlo, Xabi Alonso, Busquets, Miguel Veloso and Ever Banega are beginning to gain their recognition and value. Mikel now falls into this group. Many Italian fans liken Mikel to the great Albertini of AC Milan and Italy.

So I never confused CMF with AMF. Players like Pirlo are deep lying midfielders (CMF).

Finally your 4-2-3-1 formation in the midfield of Barca, is actually
-------Busquets---------
---------Xavi----------
Messi--Fabregas--Iniesta
--------Sanchez----------

At Chelsea FC, Mikel mostly plays the Busquets Role and not the Xavi Role. So that is what has hampered him and not allowed his creativity show. At the 2005 U20 WYC, Mikel played the Xavi Role, while Kaita played the Busquets Role.

Remember Pirlo had Gattuso behind him, Xabi Alonso had Mascherano, Schweinsteiger had Van Bommel etc
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by omar22(m): 8:56am On Aug 03, 2012
You are wrong here. I followed Guiseppe Rossi from when he was brought to Old Trafford. He was always a creative finisher. If you remember, there were games (I think against Sunderland for instance) that he replaced Ruud Van Nisteelroy. I believe his problem was Rooney. Sir Alex could not stand having to drop Rooney to allow Rossi shine.

The Rossi SAF wanted to use to replace Scholes was De Rossi of Roma.

Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:19am On Aug 03, 2012
@Omar22

I'll be honest, I followed this guy throughout his stay at Man Utd, till he was loaned to Newcastle and then loaned to Parma. I never heard of SAF trying to use Rossi to replace Scholes. That would have been insane. If I am right, it was around this time he bought Alan Smith and turned him to a midfielder and destroyed his career. Now I am really glad Rossi didn't make it at Man Utd. I hope his deal to Napoli goes through.

Thanks for the links, My bad. sad sad cool
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by omar22(m): 10:38am On Aug 03, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: @Omar22

I'll be honest, I followed this guy throughout his stay at Man Utd, till he was loaned to Newcastle and then loaned to Parma. I never heard of SAF trying to use Rossi to replace Scholes. That would have been insane. If I am right, it was around this time he bought Alan Smith and turned him to a midfielder and destroyed his career. Now I am really glad Rossi didn't make it at Man Utd. I hope his deal to Napoli goes through.

Thanks for the links, My bad. sad sad cool

I do know what you were talking about as Rossi being a striker but Fergie's wanted to use him as a striker like Iniesta or Cesc playing behind the main striker because he could drop deep and pick up the ball, but it didnt work out remember that Fergie brought Alan Smith over to play as a central midfielder but
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:23am On Aug 03, 2012
omar22:

I do know what you were talking about as Rossi being a striker but Fergie's wanted to use him as a false striker like Iniesta because he could drop deep and pick up the ball but it didnt work out remember that Fergie brought Alan Smith over to play as a central midfielder but

Yeah I get it because of Rossi's dribbling skills and vision. Thanks for the information. I never knew that and that explains him converting Anderson from an Attacking midfielder/Left winger.
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by Chofa(m): 5:20pm On Aug 03, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]the so - called old man Essien is still 10 times better than mikel, mikels parents know it, including mikel himself.
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2012
Chofa: the so - called old man Essien is still 10 times better than mikel, mikels parents know it, including mikel himself.

If you watched the preseason games, you won't make this statement. Essien needs to head to China.
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by Solari8(m): 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2012
Ejiné: I think a committee should be set up to help look into why Mikel Obi is underrated by outsiders undecided
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by usuwah: 11:26am On Nov 05, 2012
I love mikel obi's performance.. If you dey really watch primiership u no go complain. D goals scored by drogba who dey give am d passes? . Na only man.u fans dey like 2 de cast mikel obi.
Re: Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard by usuwah: 11:29am On Nov 05, 2012
usuwah: I love mikel obi's performance.. If you dey really watch primiership u no go complain. D goals scored by drogba who dey give am d passes? . Na only man.u fans dey like 2 de cast mikel obi.
. If mikel obi wasn't good he would have been play such an important role in a very big club like chelsea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match / Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr / Lineups Released For The Nigeria Match Against Ghana: Your Thoughts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.