Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,903 members, 7,938,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 11:25 AM

Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station (23081 Views)

See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. / FG Targets $10bn From National Flag Carrier / Tattered National Flag At African First-Ladies’ Mission Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: where and when did i say they are one people?
Dont mind that fellow, he is highly emotional on this issue. Nigeria seceded Bakassi to cameroun. And the people dont wanna be camerounians, so they have the right to opt out of the union and form their own country. I dont think they should be refused such Liberation. Unionism shouldnt be forced on a people against their will.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 10, 2012
onila:

you don't call that wickedness
isn't it a beautiful flag ? our anthem is so beautiful they will be good Cameroonian thos kids are young do not corrupt their minds ....there is no difference between being Cameroonian or Nigerian both countries have been created by white men so i dnt see the problem with that
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Biggyd2: 12:50pm On Aug 10, 2012
onila: wicked cameroon! angry

These Children were BORN Nigerians, REMAIN Nigerians, BUT today, their FUTURE is UNCERTAIN as we approach 10-10-12.

They are compelled to pay allegiance to the Republic of Cameroon, fly the Cameroonian national flag and sing the Cameroonian national anthem. All these, in TOTAL violation of Article 3 (Sub sections 2 a-f) of the (illegal and undomesticated) Greentree agreement signed in New York on 12th of June 2006.
angry

Right now, there is a systematic and deliberate policy of linguistic and cultural assimilation to convert the people to Cameroonians. Lucky defaulters are arrested and incarcerated under the most gruesome and unimaginable prison conditions by the dreaded Cameroonian secret police, without any form of judicial process. The unlucky once pay the ultimate price - DEATH.
angry

Why is life so cheap in this country!
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by visionbiafra: 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2012
Biafra will soon follow suit http://biafrablog..com
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Dont mind that fellow, he is highly emotional on this issue. Nigeria seceded Bakassi to cameroun. And the people dont wanna be camerounians, so they have the right to opt out of the union and form their own country. I dont think they should be refused such Liberation. Unionism shouldnt be forced on a people against their will.
i'm sorry but if they aint happy why they do not go back in nigeria ...we cant let them have their own country it means a lot (new boundaries,airspace,where will they belong ecowas or Cemac...they will stay loyal to nigeria so it will only be a satellite country or a spy ......do they even have the notion of politic because i have been there and i dont think those guys know even what we are talking about most of them are uneducated ...this country will be a pain in the azz for cameroon and nigeria .......the land belongs to cameroon but not the people so they have two options stay there as immigrants or go back in nigeria no discussion ......
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by onila(f): 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: isn't it a beautiful flag ? our anthem is so beautiful they will be good Cameroonian thos kids are young do not corrupt their minds ....there is no difference between being Cameroonian or Nigerian both countries have been created by white men so i dnt see the problem with that

but that was not part of the plan undecided

and they aint happy abt it.
if cameroonians were so nice . .why are most of them complaining

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Akan(m): 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: and u want to be president .....you must keep ur emotions at home .......there is no chance that nigeria go in war agaisnt cameroon ...the both have nothing to win in that ...the effik and ibibio if they start something will be slaughtered and in 10 years no one will even remember about them .......if you love them tell them to go back in nigeria or to stay cool and keep fishing ...politic and military force is not a joke

Go back and rad ur books find out the difference between Akwa Ibom and Cross River before spewing trash.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by onila(f): 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2012
wicked cameroon! angry

These Children were BORN Nigerians, REMAIN Nigerians, BUT today, their FUTURE is UNCERTAIN as we approach 10-10-12.

They are compelled to pay allegiance to the Republic of Cameroon, fly the Cameroonian national flag and sing the Cameroonian national anthem. All these, in TOTAL violation of Article 3 (Sub sections 2 a-f) of the (illegal and undomesticated) Greentree agreement signed in New York on 12th of June 2006.
angry

Right now, there is a systematic and deliberate policy of linguistic and cultural assimilation to convert the people to Cameroonians. Lucky defaulters are arrested and incarcerated under the most gruesome and unimaginable prison conditions by the dreaded Cameroonian secret police, without any form of judicial process. The unlucky once pay the ultimate price - DEATH.
angry

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 10, 2012
Akan:

Go back and rad ur books find out the difference between Akwa Ibom and Cross River before spewing trash.
people used to move i hope u r not telling me that in nigeria people(ethnicity are blocked or remain in one area/state/city)......i don't care about the effik/ibibio home state ... ......what i know is last time i was there i met many effik and many ibibio ....
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 10, 2012
onila:

but that was not part of the plan undecided

and they aint happy abt it.
if cameroonians were so nice . .why are most of them complaining
ONIla u have one serious problem with Cameroon/Cameroonian ..you should pray for peace on our continent instead of promoting war
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: i'm sorry but if they aint happy why they do not go back in nigeria ...we cant let them have their own country it means a lot (new boundaries,airspace,where will they belong ecowas or Cemac...they will stay loyal to nigeria so it will only be a satellite country or a spy ......do they even have the notion of politic because i have been there and i dont think those guys know even what we are talking about most of them are uneducated ...this country will be a pain in the azz for cameroon and nigeria .......the land belongs to cameroon but not the people so they have two options stay there as immigrants or go back in nigeria no discussion ......
I understand the message you are trying to pass across. Its about a decade since this land was handed over to cameroun, yet you claim the people are uneducated. It therefore means that Cameroun does not provide the basic things that the Bakassi people needed from the Government of Cameroun. They live in abject poverty and Cameroun is just interested in the Oil and not the People. When you say these people are settlers, what you mean in essence is that the land belongs to no one since these people who were born and raised in Bakassi,they call Bakassi their home because they know no other homes Are these people persona non grata ? The opinion that they will be satellite country or spy for Nigeria is not going to be true because Bakassi as a sovereign nation will chose either to belong to Ecowas or Cemac and also under UN. Liberation is natural. If you say they will be a threat against cameroun sovereignty, I will like to ask, threat to what aim ?

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by onila(f): 1:05pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: ONIla u have one serious problem with Cameroon/Cameroonian ..you should pray for peace on our continent instead of promoting war

yea I have a big problem with your very wicked and corrupt government and the cameroonian pple who are the product of their wicked govt
I remember when Nigeria decided to jointly explore the area with cameroon. but your disgusting paul biya refused
he just wanted that land by force and took advantage of Obj's stupidity
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Skmoda360(m): 1:14pm On Aug 10, 2012
Rich Dad: Where is the Flag? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Ask the OP.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2012
Billyonaire: I understand the message you are trying to pass across. Its about a decade since this land was handed over to cameroun, yet you claim the people are uneducated. It therefore means that Cameroun does not provide the basic things that the Bakassi people needed from the Government of Cameroun. They live in abject poverty and Cameroun is just interested in the Oil and not the People. When you say these people are settlers, what you mean in essence is that the land belongs to no one since these people who were born and raised in Bakassi,they call Bakassi their home because they know no other homes Are these people persona non grata ? The opinion that they will be satellite country or spy for Nigeria is not going to be true because Bakassi as a sovereign nation will chose either to belong to Ecowas or Cemac and also under UN. Liberation is natural. If you say they will be a threat against cameroun sovereignty, I will like to ask, threat to what aim ?
uneducated to have and rule a country ...they have the basic education .....and cameroon took back bakassi in 2004 ....8years it's not enough to educate people esp when they are against u ......many refused to go in Cameroonian school arguing that they don't need education to know how to fish.....this guys can't have a country ......my statement is clear ...they are nigerians but they settled on a cameroonian land.....no will blame them for that .....(do not forget that nigeria is 160Mpeople when cameroon is about +20Mpeople so it's more easy for you guys to invade the land of others and settle there as if it was yours) .....i don't blame them for that but now it's acknowledge that Bakassi belongs to us what they have to do is to pledge allegiance to Cameroon or go back in nigeria...if they want to stay there they will saty as immigrants and will pay taxes just like every immigrants .they would have to renew their sejour card etc.... .there is no way that their claim has an happy issue ..bakassi is just too rich and their lives is worthless for the multinationals of this world(TOTAL etc) and since the chad pipeline destructed our fishy areas ...Cameroon really need Bakassi .....
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2012
Billyonaire: I understand the message you are trying to pass across. Its about a decade since this land was handed over to cameroun, yet you claim the people are uneducated. It therefore means that Cameroun does not provide the basic things that the Bakassi people needed from the Government of Cameroun. They live in abject poverty and Cameroun is just interested in the Oil and not the People. When you say these people are settlers, what you mean in essence is that the land belongs to no one since these people who were born and raised in Bakassi,they call Bakassi their home because they know no other homes Are these people persona non grata ? The opinion that they will be satellite country or spy for Nigeria is not going to be true because Bakassi as a sovereign nation will chose either to belong to Ecowas or Cemac and also under UN. Liberation is natural. If you say they will be a threat against cameroun sovereignty, I will like to ask, threat to what aim ?
uneducated to have and rule a country ...they have the basic education .....and cameroon took back bakassi in 2004 ....8years it's not enough to educate people esp when they are against u ......many refused to go in Cameroonian school arguing that they don't need education to know how to fish.....this guys can't have a country ......my statement is clear ...they are nigerians but they settled on a cameroonian land.....no will blame them for that .....(do not forget that nigeria is 160Mpeople when cameroon is about +20Mpeople so it's more easy for you guys to invade the land of others and settle there as if it was yours) .....i don't blame them for that but now it's acknowledge that Bakassi belongs to us what they have to do is to pledge allegiance to Cameroon or go back in nigeria...if they want to stay there they will saty as immigrants and will pay taxes just like every immigrants .they would have to renew their sejour card etc.... .there is no way that their claim has an happy issue ..bakassi is just too rich and their lives is worthless for the multinationals of this world(TOTAL etc) and since the chad pipeline destructed our fishy areas ...Cameroon really need Bakassi .....
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2012
onila:

yea I have a big problem with your very wicked and corrupt government and the cameroonian pple who are the product of their wicked govt
I remember when Nigeria decided to jointly explore the area with cameroon. but your disgusting paul biya refused
he just wanted that land by force and took advantage of Obj's stupidity
lmao you are dreaming or what why so many fantasies on Cameroon we are normal people ....and OBJ was smart ....you should be proud of what he did ...we showed to the world that Africans can resolve their problems with dialogue and i peace enough with wars
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by onila(f): 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE[b:
]i don't blame them for that but now it's acknowledge that Bakassi belongs to us what they have to do is to pledge allegiance to Cameroon or go back in nigeria...if they want to stay there they will saty as immigrants and will pay taxes just like every immigrants .they would have to renew their sejour card etc....[/b] .there is no way that their claim has an happy issue ..bakassi is just too rich and their lives is worthless for the multinationals of this world(TOTAL etc) and since the chad pipeline destructed our fishy areas ...Cameroon really need Bakassi .....

I thought they were meant to be permanent Nigerians citizens living in cameroon
you see why the bakassi pple are fighting back
who wld they want to be cameroonians
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 10, 2012
onila:

I thought they were meant to be permanent Nigerians citizens living in cameroon
you see why the bakassi pple are fighting back
who wld they want to be cameroonians
permanents means what to you ? you keep paying taxes permanent or not but at least you don't renew your card of sejour
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by onila(f): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: lmao you are dreaming or what why so many fantasies on Cameroon we are normal people ....and OBJ was smart ....you should be proud of what he did ...we showed to the world that Africans can resolve their problems with dialogue and i peace enough with wars

oh sharrap! he was seeking for a third term and permanent secretary 2 the UN
please the efik people complain that the cameroonians are some of the most wicked pple ever
if cameroon was so perfect with cool people. why are they fighting 2 leave the forsaken country
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Youngzedd(m): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2012
Let them fight for their right now there is still time to do so.

If eventually Cameroonians take over there land. I tell you Cameroonians will never remember them, they will use the resources while the owners will smell hell.

They haven't developed their Capital and other states, is it going to be Bakassi they will develop when the took charge of the area.

Bakassi people should fight for their right now or else will suffer till thy kingdom come.

Niger Delta will be Heaven to Bakassi if Cameroonians eventually took over that place.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by EzeUche(m): 1:27pm On Aug 10, 2012
I support the Bakassi movement. Nigeria better hope this does not spread. The Niger Delta is a very volatile region and if weapons spread to the East, you will have a large scale uprising.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by onila(f): 1:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: permanents means what to you ? you keep paying taxes permanent or not but at least you don't renew your card of sejour

renewing what card do u renew some crap card 2 live in your own country

they are meant to be Nigerians in cameroon with Nigerian passports but have every right like every cameroonian but a different citizenship. .that was the deal! angry
but that clown Paul Biya;s had made them cameroonian by force. THEY DON'T want to be cameroonians, ish! its not by force!
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by EzeUche(m): 1:29pm On Aug 10, 2012
I will never forgive Obasanjo for selling land that belongs to an Ibibio speaking people to Cameroon. They belong in Nigeria! angry angry angry
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 10, 2012
Youngzedd: Let them fight for their right now there is still time to do so.

If eventually Cameroonians take over there land. I tell you Cameroonians will never remember them, they will use the resources while the owners will smell hell.

They haven't developed their Capital and other states, is it going to be Bakassi they will develop when the took charge of the area.

Bakassi people should fight for their right now or else will suffer till thy kingdom come.

Niger Delta will be Heaven to Bakassi if Cameroonians eventually took over that place.

and what's so great that nigerian government has achieved in this area......? all the effik and ibibio should come here and testimony .....we did more in 8years than what nigeria did in 50years
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 10, 2012
onila:

renewing what card do u renew some crap card 2 live in your own country

they are meant to be Nigerians in cameroon with Nigerian passports but have every right like every cameroonian but a different citizenship. .that was the deal! angry
but that clown Paul Biya;s had made them cameroonian by force. THEY DON'T want to be cameroonians, ish! its not by force!
lmao ...ohhh abi stop lying on this thread no one is forcing them to become Cameroonian ....trust me no one, they are free to do what they want ......except to make such silly claim
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by EzeUche(m): 1:33pm On Aug 10, 2012
It is a pity that Bakassi people are suffering.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: uneducated to have and rule a country ...they have the basic education .....and cameroon took back bakassi in 2004 ....8years it's not enough to educate people esp when they are against u ......many refused to go in Cameroonian school arguing that they don't need education to know how to fish.....this guys can't have a country ......my statement is clear ...they are nigerians but they settled on a cameroonian land.....no will blame them for that .....(do not forget that nigeria is 160Mpeople when cameroon is about +20Mpeople so it's more easy for you guys to invade the land of others and settle there as if it was yours) .....i don't blame them for that but now it's acknowledge that Bakassi belongs to us what they have to do is to pledge allegiance to Cameroon or go back in nigeria...if they want to stay there they will saty as immigrants and will pay taxes just like every immigrants .they would have to renew their sejour card etc.... .there is no way that their claim has an happy issue ..bakassi is just too rich and their lives is worthless for the multinationals of this world(TOTAL etc) and since the chad pipeline destructed our fishy areas ...Cameroon really need Bakassi .....
Granted cameroun is just 20 million people, less than the Population of Lagos State in Nigeria. But we are talking about Bakassi here and not Nigeria. The People of Bakassi are first of all Bakassians and by extension, they were previously Nigerians but became Camerouns. When you call them immigrants, its confusing, because Bakassi is their place of Birth. If they are immigrants then Bakassi belong to the immigrants just like Cuba, Trinidad and Tobego, Barbados etc. If Bakassians share common language with Nigerians in Cross River, it is not odd, Niger, Mali, Chad and Nigeria share common Hausa and Fulani Languages among others, it doesnt make those people Nigerians. The People need Independence from Cameroun, and they should have it. If it will result in war, then so be it. Who ever have vested interest in exploring the oil rich region can finance the war and get the spoils of war. So will it be. Nigeria will not wage war as a country, but I cant say so about billion dollars Oil magnates in Nigeria and in Cameroun who want stakes in the Peninsula.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by onila(f): 1:37pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: lmao ...ohhh abi stop lying on this thread no one is forcing them to become Cameroonian ....trust me no one, they are free to do what they want ......except to make such silly claim

""They are compelled to pay allegiance to the Republic of Cameroon, fly the Cameroonian national flag and sing the Cameroonian national anthem. All these, in TOTAL violation of Article 3 (Sub sections 2 a-f) of the (illegal and undomesticated) Greentree agreement signed in New York on 12th of June 2006.""

Two bakassi Nigerians were shot dead recently for protesting against mr Biya abt this

I have the pictures of them but I cant post the pic's here

they are forced 2 be cameroonians, not by force!
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Granted cameroun is just 20 million people, less than the Population of Lagos State in Nigeria. But we are talking about Bakassi here and not Nigeria. The People of Bakassi are first of all Bakassians and by extension, they were previously Nigerians but became Camerouns. When you call them immigrants, its confusing, because Bakassi is their place of Birth. If they are immigrants then Bakassi belong to the immigrants just like Cuba, Trinidad and Tobego, Barbados etc. If Bakassians share common language with Nigerians in Cross River, it is not odd, Niger, Mali, Chad and Nigeria share common Hausa and Fulani Languages among others, it doesnt make those people Nigerians. The People need Independence from Cameroun, and they should have it. If it will result in war, then so be it. Who ever have vested interest in exploring the oil rich region can finance the war and get the spoils of war. So will it be. Nigeria will not wage war as a country, but I cant say so about billion dollars Oil magnates in Nigeria and in Cameroun who want stakes in the Peninsula.
nahhh they have to chose nigerian or Cameroonian ....Nigerian you go back in nigeria or you stay as an immigrant ...Cameroonian you benefits from everything just like any Cameroonian...you are wrong because those guys are not bakassina or something like that they are nigerians settled in Cameroon ...and must accept Cameroon authority or leave the area
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by bashr8: 1:42pm On Aug 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

I wish I could say I had any thoughts about you, unfortunately, I dont even have any clue who you are.. I suggest you go and read books, historic facts and all about the Bakassi land and the dispute. Its a situation that cant be explained away with a simple 'why did you hand the land over'.
Giving that piece of land back to Cameroon where it rightly belonged was the best decision we made.

like gowon ,like obj you are nothing but a traitor ,thank God your not an igbo man cus people lie you will sell igboland tufiaa
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by bashr8: 1:43pm On Aug 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

I think the story of Bakassi and the oil rich pennisula is way more than what you know... I learnt that the land has always belonged to cameroon and was only in Nigeria because of some political and colonial clusterfuck of decisions.
and the indigens that where chased out where are they from
and who are they?
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by onila(f): 1:43pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: nahhh they have to chose nigerian or Cameroonian ....Nigerian you go back in nigeria or you stay as an immigrant ...Cameroonian you benefits from everything just like any Cameroonian...you are wrong because those guys are not bakassina or something like that they are nigerians settled in Cameroon ...and must accept Cameroon authority or leave the area

they are NOT meant 2 be Cameroonian, idiot! if u dont like war allow them 2 be Nigerians in Bakassi or else trouble!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Governor Kwankwaso Says Buhari Is Healthier Than Jonathan / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Intercepted Close To An IDP Camp In Borno.Graphic Pics / 2019: Sule Lamido Visits Obasanjo For Consultation On Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.