Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,879 members, 7,938,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 09:47 AM

Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station (23080 Views)

See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. / FG Targets $10bn From National Flag Carrier / Tattered National Flag At African First-Ladies’ Mission Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by christemmbassey(m): 6:57pm On Aug 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Have you been sleeping ? Cross River State is not an oil producing state. The 76 oil wells were awarded to Akwa Ibom a couple of months ago. Wake up.
d court awarded d 76 oil wells 2 AK because CR gave up it litoral status as a result of the ceeding of Bakassi. Its u that nefs 2 b current.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 10, 2012
if you guys like suicide or want to kill yourself because life is becoming hard .......go in war against Cameroon(it's time someone see what our army can do in real)........this is for the ibibio and effik..........i tried to understand your problem there but you guys are just stubborn......
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by christemmbassey(m): 7:11pm On Aug 10, 2012
Parnassuss:

Bros u just fall ur hand oh. Wetin join Jonathan and Bakassi, don't u know it was ceded to Cameroon? This case is should be blamed squarely on the UN.
oniocs de cambridge
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by ACM10: 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: if you guys like suicide or want to kill yourself because life is becoming hard .......go in war against Cameroon(it's time someone see what our army can do in real)........this is for the ibibio and effik..........i tried to understand your problem there but you guys are just stubborn......

Your comment is unfortunate. I consider it to be a threat. This is where you need to use diplomacy. Peace never comes back to any land where blood is spilled. Nigeria's case is a perfect example. What we have in this country is uneasy peace.

Well, u might never know how war turns out. Therefore, chest-beat with caution

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by christemmbassey(m): 7:25pm On Aug 10, 2012
Mr Everest: The level of your psychotic degeneration is irredemable!
there is nothing like psychotic degeneration in psychiatry/psychology, u r disgracing d entire Igbo in public. Ariaria market stuff abi?
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by christemmbassey(m): 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2012
there is nothing like psychotic degeneration in psychiatry/psychology, u r disgracing d entire Igbo in public. Ariaria market stuff abi?
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 10, 2012
ACM10:

Your comment is unfortunate. I consider it to be a threat. This is where you need to use diplomacy. Peace never comes back to any land where blood is spilled. Nigeria's case is a perfect example. What we have in this country is uneasy peace.

Well, u might never know how war turns out. Therefore, chest-beat with caution
u didnt read any of my comments apparently i'm against any kind of war esp in my area where my people will be involved .....but lets be real i don't see a group of -1000 members/gangsters wining a war against a country .....if they are even strong they will end just like the MED but there is no way they can win any conflicts against Cameroon

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by christemmbassey(m): 7:35pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: u didnt read any of my comments apparently i'm against any kind of war esp in my area where my people will be involved .....but lets be real i don't see a group of -1000 members/gangsters wining a war against a country .....if they are even strong they will end just like the MED but there is no way they can win any conflicts against Cameroon
what about ur nigeria? As big as u are, u r beging boko haram, i bet u cameroon will beg us by d time we enter yaunde.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 10, 2012
christemmbassey[b:
]what about ur nigeria[/b]? As big as u are, u r beging boko haram, i bet u cameroon will beg us by d time we enter yaunde.
i'm little confused(bolded part: does cameroon and nigeria have something agaisnt each other?) last time i checked no one forced OBJ to sign something .... ...if you are single and have nothing to do in your life keep praying for a war then we will see how if u will even enter in bakassi
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by truefact: 9:14pm On Aug 10, 2012
this is totally unfair, you cant use people's life to settle war. why will Nigeria trade other people's destiny to settle their dispute. it's quite unfair to sell another tribe in other regain another tribe. the civil war was between nigerian and biafra, why then do nigeria sacrifice bakassian to have biafra?

those who supported the idea should asked themselves, if the are west, would they allowed part of the land to be ceded to Benin republic, if they are north, would allow any part go to Niger republic, and if the east, would they allow any part of the land to another tribe, now it is south, everybody is saying they should become Cameroonian. it's very bad.

the south should not allow this, i rather bakassi become a country of their own than coming back to this silly nigeria that throw them away, but i prefer the south form their own country with their oil.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:23pm On Aug 10, 2012
truefact: this is totally unfair, you cant use people's life to settle war. why will Nigeria trade other people's destiny to settle their dispute. it's quite unfair to sell another tribe in other regain another tribe. the civil war was between nigerian and biafra, why then do nigeria sacrifice bakassian to have biafra?

those who supported the idea should asked themselves, if the are west, would they allowed part of the land to be ceded to Benin republic, if they are north, would allow any part go to Niger republic, and if the east, would they allow any part of the land to another tribe, now it is south, everybody is saying they should become Cameroonian. it's very bad.

the south should not allow this, i rather bakassi become a country of their own than coming back to this silly nigeria that throw them away, but i prefer the south form their own country with their oil.

Ask Gowon and OBJ
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2012
truefact: this is totally unfair, you cant use people's life to settle war. why will Nigeria trade other people's destiny to settle their dispute. it's quite unfair to sell another tribe in other regain another tribe. the civil war was between nigerian and biafra, why then do nigeria sacrifice bakassian to have biafra?

arent they nigerians? as nigerians they elected OBJ to lead the country and let him do what is good for the country...he was the president at this time and did what he did....they should leave if they don't want to be ruled by Cameroonian....i wonder what you would have dais if the CIJ said it was a nigerian territory ....
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by kodewrita(m): 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
God forbid that such a war should start but it might start off with just the Bakassi people fighting and end up drawing in larger masses of sympathetic Nigerians. And you can bet your last dollar/franc that Nairaland will probably be a massive recruitment center/ mouthpiece for the Bakassi combatants.

It will be quite messy and might drag both countries back.

It might also give France what its always wanted: The Disintegration of the big anglophone country that has prevented its full domination of west african states.

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 10, 2012
kodewrita: God forbid that such a war should start but it might start off with just the Bakassi people fighting and end up drawing in larger masses of sympathetic Nigerians. And you can bet your last dollar/franc that Nairaland will probably be a massive recruitment center/ mouthpiece for the Bakassi combatants.

It will be quite messy and might drag both countries back.

It might also give France what its always wanted: The Disintegration of the big anglophone country that has prevented its full domination of west african states.
wise words a like for u....all they want its Nigerian going to war against Cameroon so that they will sell of weapons and make billions$ after that they will still be the one who will exploit the area.. ....and then sit back and watch the show... Africans brothers slaughtering each other...shame on us
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by onila(f): 10:09pm On Aug 10, 2012
Bakassi Peninsular: The Greentree Agreement Between Cameroon & Nigeria

Number 4

1. Cameroon, after the transfer of authority to it by Nigeria, guarantees to Nigerian nationals living in the Bakassi Peninsula the exercise of the fundamental rights and freedoms enshrined in international human rights law and in other relevant provisions of international law.

(a) not force Nigerian nationals living in the Bakassi Peninsula to leave the Zone or to change their nationality; wink

others

(b) respect their culture, language and beliefs;
(c) respect their right to continue their agricultural and fishing activities;
(d) protect their property and their customary land rights;
(e) not levy in any discriminatory manner any taxes and other dues on Nigerian nationals living in the zone; and
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
onila: Bakassi Peninsular: The Greentree Agreement Between Cameroon & Nigeria

Number 4

1. Cameroon, after the transfer of authority to it by Nigeria, guarantees to Nigerian nationals living in the Bakassi Peninsula the exercise of the fundamental rights and freedoms enshrined in international human rights law and in other relevant provisions of international law.

(a) not force Nigerian nationals living in the Bakassi Peninsula to leave the Zone or to change their nationality; wink

others

(b) respect their culture, language and beliefs;
(c) respect their right to continue their agricultural and fishing activities;
(d) protect their property and their customary land rights;
(e) not levy in any discriminatory manner any taxes and other dues on Nigerian nationals living in the zone; and
Onila is back ....lmao i think u need a Cameroonian alpha male to calm u lol ............we will make peace with nigerians punnany
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by onila(f): 10:13pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: Onila is back ....lmao i think u need a Cameroonian alpha male to calm u lol ............we will make peace with nigerians punnany

oh shut up! not a french drunk thiefing bakassi cameroonian
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
onila:

oh shut up! not a french drunk thiefing bakassi cameroonian
lmao....we are your only brothers in this region ...we should try to know each instead of giving another opportunity to those white nations to be richer by selling weapons...... lets make it happen a peaceful resolution like two mature nations
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by onila(f): 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: lmao....we are your only brothers in this region ...we should try to know each instead of giving another opportunity to those white nations to be richer by selling weapons...... lets make it happen a peaceful resolution like two mature nations

why shld we be brothers what does central Africa have that we dont have

WAR! WAR! or we might just bomb the installations like MEND. .
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 10, 2012
onila:

why shld we be brothers what does central Africa have that we dont have

WAR! WAR! or we might just bomb the installations like MEND. .
there is not such thing like why we should be brother cause it's a fact we are brother Nigeria is cameroon and Cameroon is nigeria.....

1Fulani (Nigeria and Cameroon)
2)Haussa(Nigeria & Cameroon)
Effik & ibibio(Nigeria & Cameroon)
i have made some researches about Nigeria you guys have many celebrities and people who bear Cameroonian names...
bythe way i don't see a Nigerian fulani killing a cameroonian fulani etc...this is how a war has always been avoidable between our country cause the population are the same with almost the same background...without addin all the bantu migrations... tongue tongue u r a cameroonian Onila truth must be told tongue grin grin grin
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by onila(f): 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: there is not such thing like why we should be brother cause it's a fact we are brother Nigeria is cameroon and Cameroon is nigeria.....

1Fulani (Nigeria and Cameroon)
2)Haussa(Nigeria & Cameroon)
Effik & ibibio(Nigeria & Cameroon)
i have made some researches about Nigeria you guys have many celebrities and people who bear Cameroonian names...
bythe way i don't see a Nigerian fulani killing a cameroonian fulani etc...this is how a war has always been avoidable between our country cause the population are the same with almost the same background...without addin all the bantu migrations... tongue tongue u r a cameroonian Onila truth must be told tongue grin grin grin

lets just see what's going to happen in the area, 2 weeks from now
just gonna keep quiet
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by EzeUche(m): 10:38pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: wise words a like for u....all they want its Nigerian going to war against Cameroon so that they will sell of weapons and make billions$ after that they will still be the one who will exploit the area.. ....and then sit back and watch the show... Africans brothers slaughtering each other...shame on us

You have to understand that some Eastern Nigerians are praying for such a war, because it will lead to the disintegration of Nigeria. Nigeria is already on the brink of disintegration because of the acts of Boko Haram and the Islamicization of the North.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 10, 2012
onila:

lets just see what's going to happen in the area, 2 weeks from now
just gonna keep quiet
i will pray for them to be wise ...otherwise we should get ready to bury our brothers
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by EzeUche(m): 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2012
I feel the pain of my Efik brothers in Cameroon. Not as an Igbo, but as someone who was born to an Ibibio mother from the Raffia city itself, Ikot Ekpene.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 10, 2012
EzeUche:

You have to understand that some Eastern Nigerians are praying for such a war, because it will lead to the disintegration of Nigeria. Nigeria is already on the brink of disintegration because of the acts of Boko Haram and the Islamicization of the North.
so if i understand well u don't care about them u just want to use them to achieve your dream..smh ....and stop calling it war it's going to be a massacre ..cameroonian will eradicate them from the surface of the earth and i can't wish that for a people ,for an ethnicity cause i'm a very cultural person ..but be aware that there will be no mercy ....stop being egoist ....
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by item: 11:01pm On Aug 10, 2012
I am sure if anything happens, The Commander In Chief will not let our people just go like that, we shall all go to war.

I am already training myself for that smiley

We are here for a change.

Biafra will fight for Bakassi and Nigeria will support.

grin .....
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by harmony5(m): 11:24pm On Aug 10, 2012
@camaroon pride; what is the population of the camaroon army, and when is getting to win a war has anything to do with the size of a country. Before those guys came out with their own flag, radio station etc shoujd tell you that they meant business. You will be suprise with the of support this people are getting from forces within and outside Nigera. Fighting and winning a war this days could be very very unpredictable, in most cases it leaves the over-rated side with a devasted shock of defeat- Go ask the US how it went in Vietnam. And mind you those living in Bakasi are more than just efiks n ibibios, it more of a niger delta nationalities. And you think if there's war today, its only bakassi that will fight, grow up fella.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 11, 2012
harmony5: @camaroon pride; what is the population of the camaroon army, and when is getting to win a war has anything to do with the size of a country. Before those guys came out with their own flag, radio station etc shoujd tell you that they meant business. You will be suprise with the of support this people are getting from forces within and outside Nigera. Fighting and winning a war this days could be very very unpredictable, in most cases it leaves the over-rated side with a devasted shock of defeat- Go ask the US how it went in Vietnam. And mind you those living in Bakasi are more than just efiks n ibibios, it more of a niger delta nationalities. And you think if there's war today, its only bakassi that will fight, grow up fella.
make your own researches......by the way same question goes to u do u think they will fight only against Cameroon?
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by EzeUche(m): 12:25am On Aug 11, 2012
Cameroon should not mess with Eastern Nigeria. The region already has more people than the entire population of Cameroon.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by EzeUche(m): 12:29am On Aug 11, 2012
Eastern Nigeria not only wants Bakassi back, we want Southern Cameroons back! angry
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 11, 2012
I hate the idea of war. There will be no war. Lets accept the fact that OBJ handed over Bakassi to Cameroun. Now Bakassi seeks autonomy from Cameroun. Liberty is a natural thing. Cameroun should respect the wishes of the Bakassi people. War will solve nothing, because even if you go to war, in the end, its ECOMOG and UN soldiers that will take possession of that land for decades and there will be no Oil drills.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 11, 2012
EzeUche: Eastern Nigeria not only wants Bakassi back, we want Southern Cameroons back! angry
keep dreaming

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senators Who Are At War With Their State Governors / 2019: Sule Lamido Visits Obasanjo For Consultation On Presidential Election / Rauf Aregbesola: I Didn't Pick Senatorial Ticket Because I Want To Rest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.