Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,483 members, 7,888,518 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:39 AM

Rocktation, Let's Talk - Dating And Meet-up Zone (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Rocktation, Let's Talk (3713 Views)

If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... / Im In Love With Rocktation. / Happy Birthday, Maria-Goretti & Rocktation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Rocktation(f): 12:55am On Aug 22, 2012
Actually, Titanic was finely knitted to make its viewers live through the eyes of the passengers, that were on board the historical ship. If anything, I'd say that it was intended to get us wounded, by our understanding a fragment of the 'pain' that they felt, when their loved ones went under.

So how this becomes therapeutic again, I'd never understand. Well, you seem to know what you're talking about. You must have experienced its healing prowess once. grin

And a lot of those comedies are shitty jor. The ones I find interesting, so far, are countable. Tell me your fav movie already, so I can nitpick as well and you can defend, in turn. cheesy
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Nobody: 1:58am On Aug 22, 2012
Of course, the Titanic was "finely knitted" for the ladies. It's such an emotion-wakening movie that many ladies, after seeing it, suddenly want their own Jack. Isn't it? grin I'm still waiting for the guy who wants some Rose after 190 minutes of following a huge, crawling ship. Sure, I have experienced that healing prowess some time, but it was on no ship, baby. Rather it was on this thread tongue
Have you seen The Great Debaters? Now, that's a movie! A real one. Tolson's courage, Farmer's subtle but courageous hesitation, Farmer Jr.'s determination, Lowe's silent comprehension and observation, the Lowe, Farmer & Booke incomplete triangle, the movie's rich plot and ultimate climax; those are things only good movies possess, not some run-of-the-mill romance story. So, now bring it on.
I thought you'd be a fan of Nigerian comics. Their humour is the only one which supports your melodrama grin Basketmouth? Gordons? or is it Gordon?
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Rocktation(f): 2:56am On Aug 22, 2012
What a great way to escape. Picking a movie that only you have seen in this life. What, did you leave out your name as a character in it too? cheesy. Well done! You're not gonna get off that easy though. I'll check it out and get back to you. What's funny though, is that the characters in the Titanic did exhibit all these qualities. Comprehension...courage...determination....or are you being a coward about something, Sauer? Afraid to lose your head in some spiraling web of emotions?
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Rocktation(f): 3:00am On Aug 22, 2012
sauer:
I thought you'd be a fan of Nigerian comics. Their humour is the only one which supports your melodrama grin Basketmouth? Gordons? or is it Gordon?

...and he knows their names...SMH. I'm not even gonna say too much. cheesy
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Nobody: 4:11am On Aug 22, 2012
Rocktation: What a great way to escape. Picking a movie that only you have seen in this life. What, did you leave out your name as a character in it too? cheesy. Well done! You're not gonna get off that easy though. I'll check it out and get back to you. What's funny though, is that the characters in the Titanic did exhibit all these qualities. Comprehension...courage...determination....or are you being a coward about something, Sauer? Afraid to lose your head in some spiraling web of emotions?
Na you sabi! Seriously though, you should see that movie. I bet you'd repent from Titanic, afterwards.
Emotions? I find them admissible. Do you? Only, it's just better they stay within control, and not around some romantic ship tale. I guess you are the queen of emotions, right?
Anywyz, let's talk about rock. Was listening to Coldplay's Fix you recently, after I've been tortured with it by Supersport during their Olympic run. Was cool. What rock artists do you listen to? Ever heard of Counting Crows?
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Nobody: 4:11am On Aug 22, 2012
Rocktation:

...and he knows their names...SMH. I'm not even gonna say too much. cheesy
let's talk about them, don't you?
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Rocktation(f): 3:21pm On Aug 22, 2012
sauer:
Na you sabi! Seriously though, you should see that movie. I bet you'd repent from Titanic, afterwards.
Emotions? I find them admissible. Do you? Only, it's just better they stay within control, and not around some romantic ship tale. I guess you are the queen of emotions, right?
Anywyz, let's talk about rock. Was listening to Coldplay's Fix you recently, after I've been tortured with it by Supersport during their Olympic run. Was cool. What rock artists do you listen to? Ever heard of Counting Crows?

I like them heavy, but yeah, fix you's supercool. An all-timer. Where did you hear about Counting Crows? Shrek, right? I'm guessing soundtracks, filter through to you too.
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2012
Metal? U listen to metal? U'd be the first and only Nigerian girl grin
Brave though. Gimme names. Which artists do you listen to?
I learnt about Counting Crows from some random collection I downloaded online. It was Big Yellow Taxi and then Mr. Jones. Had to go in search of their discography (oh yeah, i use pirate bay). Then I learnt they were the ones on Shrek and all that. Still can't get enough. Of course you know Owl City? What do you think? Seen legend of the guardians? . . . .there seems to be something about soundtracks and good music.
Ever heard of the Cocteau Twins. It's not rock sha, but it's something much bigger!
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Rocktation(f): 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2012
True rockheads are metalbangers, don't let nobody tell you different. The louder, the catchier. From System of a Down to Chivelle to Metallica, Audioslave, Bullet for my Valentine...the topsy turvy world of it is ever so captivating. You don't even need to like the sound for you to love their good harsh vocals. Heck, you may not even be able to sing to them sometimes, because they aren't exactly joyous with the thought-blocking stringings and all. Buh in all, they're pretty powerful and symphonic stuff, that sear right through you anytime.
Of cos, we do slow our rolls and take a step back down to earth with other sub genres, every once in a while BUT....just but.

Yeah, I know about the Owls of ga'houl as I do know the Cocteau twins. I think they're pretty old and doubt that they still exist. I know just two of their hits though; Fifty-fifty Clown or something and Alice. Pretty nice stuff. And yeah, they're alternative rockers na. Or what d'you think? Which bands do you favour from classical?
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 23, 2012
Rocktation: True rockheads are metalbangers, don't let nobody tell you different. The louder, the catchier. From System of a Down to Chivelle to Metallica, Audioslave, Bullet for my Valentine...the topsy turvy world of it is ever so captivating. You don't even need to like the sound for you to love their good harsh vocals. Heck, you may not even be able to sing to them sometimes, because they aren't exactly joyous with the thought-blocking stringings and all. Buh in all, they're pretty powerful and symphonic stuff, that sears right through you anytime.
Of cos, we do slow our rolls and take a step back down to earth with other sub genres, every once in a while BUT....just but.

Yeah, I know about the Owls of ga'houl as I do know the Cocteau twins. I think they're pretty old and doubt that they still exist. I know just two of their hits though; Fifty-fifty Clown or something and Alice. Pretty nice stuff. And yeah, they're alternative rockers na. Or what d'you think? Which bands do you favour from classical?
You sure are right. The German rock band, die Aertze, I listen to makes it sound so well you want to hear it loud again and again. It really could be far from noise.
And I can't believe you know the Cocteau Twins shocked I thought I was the only one. Damn! angry
Well, it's more than just Fifty-fifty clown though, and much more than Alice. Cocteau Twins are the best you can get on alternative rock. They were undoubtedly the best band in the whole damn world. "Be Still" is genius work, and Robin Guthrie a wizard. Yea, they are no more cry, unfortunately. Liz Fraser still does some things once in a blue moon, though. Her "Moses" is exquisite. Liz Fraser has the best voice in the world. . . .well, until I hear yours, let's just say tongue

We don't talk much about bands in classical music. Rather, you talk choirs or philharmonic orchestras. Germany's Thomaner choir reproduces heaven on earth. The Berliner Philharmoniker can send you on lofty voyages on Handel's wings. Or you can talk composers. All beautiful people with wonderful musical creations. You really should take out time to listen to such composers as Puccini or Verdi. Makes good sense.

Now, tell me, how did you discover the Cocteau Twins? Am really curious. Plus what's your take on classical music?
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Rocktation(f): 12:56am On Aug 23, 2012
I'm like a collector of rock songs really. A friend once mentioned them so I decided to check them out. Your description of classical music pretty much covered the little that I know of them. I think of Heaven...and Earth whenever I listen to them. But again, they're kind of like opera rock, so I do not find them too bad. Another thing is that their names are usually difficult to pronounce. Maybe that's why i've not settled down to really enjoy them.
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 23, 2012
You could think much more. Of planets, of human associations, of animals and life. . . .classical music is life, really.
I guess you find the names difficult, cos most famous composers are either italian, german or russian. Classical music isn't only just about western music though. Chinese classical music also makes for good hearing, especially those derived from established folk songs. If you watch a lot of Jet Li and co, you'd ve probably heard a few already.
You should get into the classical business. You'd love it.
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 18, 2013
My very own interesting partner!
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Rocktation(f): 3:25pm On Feb 18, 2013
cheesy
Where did you fall out from?
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
Rocktation: cheesy
Where did you fall out from?
Fell from heaven with your permission grin
Was going through our conversation. . .what an intelligent, but not romantic tongue, partner you are.
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Rocktation(f): 3:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
Oh, forgive that. Someone assassinated the give-away romance in me, a long time ago. So what's popping? Did I tell you I eventually saw the great debaters movie?
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
Yea, you did. So, tell me!
Tell me it's much better than the Jack & Rose fairytale
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Rocktation(f): 4:41pm On Feb 18, 2013
You wish! There's a whole lot of negroes movies, that don't make a lick of sense when compared to those that feature the whites.
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
In other words? Admit it
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Rocktation(f): 5:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
You are a racist! tongue
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Rocktation(f): 5:24pm On Feb 18, 2013
sauer:
Have you seen The Great Debaters? Now, that's a movie! A real one. Tolson's courage, Farmer's subtle but courageous hesitation, Farmer Jr.'s determination, Lowe's silent comprehension and observation, the Lowe, Farmer & Booke incomplete triangle, the movie's rich plot and ultimate climax; those are things only good movies possess, not some run-of-the-mill romance story.

And a sexist too. Couldn't help but notice that you said nothing good about Miss Booke with an E. tongue
Re: Rocktation, Let's Talk by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
Rocktation:

And a sexist too. Couldn't help but notice that you said nothing good about Miss Booke with an E. tongue
You are too sweet & smart, miss Rocktation with Rock grin
Couldnt help but smile

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muslim Singles, Seaerching And Married This Is For You / New Whatsapp Adult Group / Lesbians Needed In Phc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.