Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,847 members, 7,942,122 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 08:50 PM

Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" (18142 Views)

Buhari And Amaechi Enter A Police Van In London (Video) / Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces / Hezbollah Weapons Warehouse Belongs To Sierra-Leonean – Lebanese Consul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by tintingz(m): 1:46pm On Aug 15, 2012
To balance dis...if mr. habu enter a church and they call his name out, igbo christians will mock him calling him a boko man a terrorist I trust igbos for that...can ojukwu enter mosque?...but that dosnt matter the real tin his mr. habu shuold have visit the wakekeeping...but let wait and hear mr. habu's
side.
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dynaman: u r dumb! We r talking about condolence visit nobody said he should convert to Christianity or stay attending church services. He is not worth representing Nigerians in America period! Religious fanatics undecidedrespect other religions unenlightened muslim fanatic or jihadist, boko haram

My friend! Its not only boko haram ot whatever . I have friends that are true Muslims and educated aswell and they will tell u that they cannot enter church so don't gimme that

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by Beync(f): 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
He is a bigot in the making. It's a shame the kind of people representing Nigeria out ther. Not even a liberal mind, very conservative and not affectionate towards fellow humans
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by DExplorer1: 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
2mch:

You must be mentally deranged or suffering a spiritual attack. Keep being emotional. The crux of the matter is that there is no evidence or wrong doing on his part. The consul is not obliged to attend any function. As long as can send a representative.
Dude, don't eat your words. If you are this intelligent to know that he's not obliged so what tosh were you spouting initially. I think you're confused because you don't have a stand on this matter.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by klax(m): 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
To be honest I cant blame him afterall if even the dormant president read this he will surely snubb it as if its nothing.

More so I do not blame the silly cow headed man called Consulate "GOATHARAM" did he even know the meaning of Consulate??

Did he even went to school at the first place talkless of understanding what Diplomatic job meant?

Guys in as much he is Hausa he is a full time "LUNATIC" because that is the second name of "Hausa people", they knew nothing, have nothing in their brain, think nothing, represent nothing, and live as nothing only what they are good for is to be "Islam Slaves", "Nigeria Demon" and "Nigeria Satanic Axis" that is all.

But for GEJ if this story is true and he do nothing about it hhmmm anyway i'm waiting and reserve my comment on that yet.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by dnawah(m): 1:53pm On Aug 15, 2012
Clerverly: Those christains should be happy he didnt come otherwise who knows what would have been in his pocket grin. At least they were safe untill the end of the programme undecided
my bros na u get am!they can bomb a church but cant enter it.light & darkness dont have nothing in common.
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by rusep: 1:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
Must he go their or send somebody, how many Councilors or Chairmen attend funerals of common people in Nigeria? Why the hullabaloo is it because those people are washing white shit?
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by tayo4me(f): 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
The wake keep was not in a church, but it had Christian activities which the man does not believe in. I do not see the big deal in it if it truly happened.

People criticizing cannot even enter Mosques or go for Islamic activities outside the Mosque, yet they are quick to condemn the man because he is a Muslim

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by IleIfe2(m): 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
Send that douche-bag back to the ministry.
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by amosy007: 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2012
Moukafoam: Let's laugh ∂ little

A bomb just xploded in maiduguri again,dis tym in a cementry.all d dead bodies ran out of dia graves screaming BOKO HARAM again oooo tongue.....but no casualties recorded.D.P.O.has asked dem to return to dia graves cool and go abt their spiritual duties without fear. grin
stale

and stop derailing the thread angry
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by funkydoc(m): 2:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
!
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by 2mch(m): 2:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
D-Explorer:
Dude, don't eat your words. If you are this intelligent to know that he's not obliged so what tosh were you spouting initially. I think you're confused because you don't have a stand on this matter.

You are definitely under an attack. You are nutz. Check my previous post and the post you lashed out at. Seek help. Something is missing.
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by amosy007: 2:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
tintingz: To balance dis...if mr. habu enter a church and they call his name out, igbo christians will mock him calling him a boko man a terrorist I trust igbos for that...can ojukwu enter mosque?...but that dosnt matter the real tin his mr. habu shuold have visit the waykeeping...but let wait and hear mr. habu's
side.
see the way u are blabbling... What makes u think the igbos will call him boko man (have they done sumting like that before?)
BTW If he doesnt want to be called a boko man, he could as well stay at home and refuse the job given to him by nigerian (N:B not muslim organizations of nigeria)
u mentioned ojukwu, did ojukwu held or still holding any post in nigeria that will permit him to represent nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by Dhelake: 2:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
You all claimed the wake-keeping is not holding in a church ... Accepted ... Buh must u use religion to make pple read u thread? Y cnt d topic be Nigeria Consul-General Refuses to Attend The Wakekeeping Hosted In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died In an Accident

Until we stop all dis religion Bigotry ... Nigeria would nt move an inch further
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by BetaThings: 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2012
ANY-PEN :
Almost every Muslim needs an overhaul in their orientation.
How can someone get to the level of consul-general of a nation & still think this narrow?

This is just hatred & its the kind of mind-set these sucide bombers carry. I think his ways should be well monitored cause we still need the sponsors of Boko.

This country needs H E L P!
And Christians don't need orientation? Do they show love in their posts on Islam
Do they investigate matters before commenting? Don't they just go ahead and judge and condemn
To the average christian (who might have been a victim of yahoo-yahoo or armed robbery by some misguded christian), every bad act of anyone who claims to be a muslim must be seen in the light of Islam
And if a muslim does a good deed, they query it, they claim it is not true etc

Have they offered any excuse to any muslim wrongly accused even if muslims that they know have never attacked or offended them
The man said he sent a representative
He said he had been attending events in the church
What more do you want?

BTW go and read the reaction of some christians to the news that some muslims were killed by lightning in Bangladesh
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by Theblessed(f): 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2012
[size=16pt]That's how he will make Heaven!

And I ask, what would he stand to loose, by going into a Church?

All creature great and small are made by Jehovah, Almighty God - whether Muslim or non Muslim, whether Righteous or sinners - we are all God's children and we have all sinned.

Goes to show what the Bible says, about the Pharisee and the Sadduces - a typical Nicodemus, a person of the world who would rather please things of this world than God his creator e.g. he could not go into the Church for the sake of his standing/status in the Muslim community.

He rather, please his colleagues and Muslim brothers/religion without any consideration for his Salvation - where would your soul go, when you depart this world?

For him, it's far better to please man and his world than God the Creator!
[/size]
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by Dhelake: 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2012
funkydoc: Please if this is true,then that mad rabid dog of a consular General should be recalled imediately,imagine we are back home here,preaching oneness and co habition and ur far away in the us,flexing tax payers money and u still have the effontry to exhibit stupendous bigotry of this magnitude!Jesus holy christ,this is why I dislike muslims!!!!!!!!!an average christian would av reached out to this family if they were muslims!!!!!!I'm a christian but my wife is an eckist for crying out loud!!!!!!!its not about religon these buffons,its about doing that which is right in the eyes of Man and God!!!if only I had d power I would av sacked this man NOW nOW!!!!!!
Did i hear u say an Average Christain would av ..... Hell wrong ... An average christain would nt attend a muslim ceremony ... Most especially the pentecostal members nd dose Eastern christains
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by BetaThings: 2:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
Theblessed: [size=16pt]That's how he will make Heaven!

And I ask, what would he stand to loose, by going into a Church?

[/size]
And would it not be more pleasing to your creator if you read his letter on the second page (1) of this thread before commenting?
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by seunajia: 2:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
Is it just me or is anyone else noticing the tact with which people on this thread have been turning a blind eye to the man's reply.

"However, I sent one of the most senior staff of the Consulate General, who incidentally, is an Igbo man and a Catholic, to represent me and the Consulate General."

The kind of hatred and malice we exhibit these days is unprecedented. The kind of questions I was expecting us to ask are:

1. Did he truly send a representative? If yes, who is the person?
2. Did the man he sent attend the service?
3. Is there evidence that he did? condolence register? Etc

Lets learn to always show objectivity in our (re)actions and inaction.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by dealordea(m): 2:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
Gbam... Another inter religion ethnic bashing..... Waiting to see were my igbo's counterpart will land...
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by ofomat(m): 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
Goddess12: Why must he go to church? you ibos need to get a life, if he were to be ibo would you have forced him to go to the mosque, you get as much as you give, you want to tell me that a consular must and have been visiting all bereaved families in the US? you are not even nigerians.
l felt ashamed reading this write-up from you.acqusition of good education ensures that an individual is reasonably and analytically sound. i found these lacking in you from this write-up. let me ask you a question- if the ambassador could not go on a religious ground, why could'nt he send a representative? i mean a true representat not a fad.we are talking about five lives lost , five not one, two of which are kids. i live in DC, which is about 4 hours from NYC, there was a massive outpouring of sorrow and sympathy in the media. from individuals who have no affiliation whatsoever with the victims and their families. yet our ambassador so unashameably failed both in his duty and as a human. pathetic that the likes of him and you share the same nationality with me.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by mathskill: 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nairaland has become a platform for witch-hunting people now
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by DExplorer1: 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
2mch:

You are definitely under an attack. You are nutz. Check my previous post and the post you lashed out at. Seek help. Something is missing.
Dude, I would rather watch you celebrate your ignorance than allow you waste more of my productive time.
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by Afam4eva(m): 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
seunajia: Is it just me or is anyone else noticing the tact with which people on this thread have been turning a blind eye to the man's reply.

"However, I sent one of the most senior staff of the Consulate General, who incidentally, is an Igbo man and a Catholic, to represent me and the Consulate General."

The kind of hatred and malice we exhibit these days is unprecedented. The kind of questions I was expecting us to ask are:

1. Did he truly send a representative? If yes, who is the person?
2. Did the man he sent attend the service?
3. Is there evidence that he did? condolence register? Etc

Lets learn to always show objectivity in our (re)actions and inaction.
My problem with the consular general is not that he failed to attend the service personally. My grouse with him is the fact that he uttered such nonsense from his mouth. It's really an embarrassing thing to say.

Secondly, if he actually sent someone to the event, how come the organizers of the event were not aware that someone from the embassy was present.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by auwal87(m): 2:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said “That which is lawful is clear, and that which is unlawful is also quite clear. Between these two is that which is ambiguous, which most people do not know. One who avoids the doubtful safeguards his faith and his honor.”
Riyadh-us-Salaheen, Hadith 588.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by klax(m): 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nigerians are backward because they are religiously indoctrinated. Christianity and islam are agents of darkness in nigeria.

The oyinbos and arabs use them to keep africans in the state of suspended animation. A zombie like and hypnotised state where reasoning has gone with the wind.

God bless you.

The Bolok goatharam of a thing consular who can not enter church but was smilling when he was appointed to go and represent Nigeria in US which is a christain country isnit?

If he is so religious that much why did he accept consularship portfolio in a christain country(US)

Muslim growm up, think like a normal human, move away from all sort of satanic brainwashing that is killing this religion day by day, Muslim wake up God is big enough to find His battle not a bloody mortal man or one evil, bloodsucking religion will fight for God.
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by auwal87(m): 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
The Prophet Muhammad (s) said: ““It is better for a leader to make a mistake in forgiving than to make a mistake in punishing.”
Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1011.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by auwal87(m): 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
The Prophet Muhammad (s) said: “Anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should not harm his neighbor, and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should entertain his guest generously, and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should talk what is good or keep quiet (i.e. abstain from all kinds of evil and dirty talk).“

Narrated by Abu Hurayrah, Sahih Al Bukhari, Vol: 8 Hadith 47.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by BetaThings: 2:38pm On Aug 15, 2012
smile11s: RELIGIOUS BIGOT, I AM NOT!
BY
HABIB BABA HABU,
CONSUL GENERAL OF NIGERIA, NEW YORK

My attention was drawn to an article written by Mr. Chika Onyeani in his weekly online newspaper “The African Sun Time” of August 14, 2012, on the unfortunate accident of 21st July, 2012, which claimed the lives of five Nigerians and left some wounded. My prayers go to the families of those who lost their loved ones. May the Almighty accept them unto His keeping and grant their families fortitude to bear this irreparable sad loss. May God also quicken the recovery of the wounded ones and provide their families succor.

I wish to place on record the fact that Mr. Onyeani tried to contact me while I was attending the Road Show on Aviation hosted by the Honourable Minister of Aviation. At the end of the Road show, I called him. He pointed out the complaints, for which I told him that I received an invitation letter for the church service of Friday, 10th August, 2012. I told Mr. Onyeani that since it was a church service, I wouldn’t know what to do during the service as a Muslim. I have never attended a church service. However, I sent one of the most senior staff of the Consulate General, who incidentally, is an Igbo man and a Catholic, to represent me and the Consulate General.

I wish to point out, for the avoidance of doubt, that since my arrival in New York, I have had the pleasure of attending meetings, dedications, baptismal in churches not only in New York but in other states under the Jurisdiction of the Consulate General. I never ever told Mr. Onyeani that “I can never enter a Church”. I have had the pleasure, both in Nigeria and USA, of joing my friends in all their events held in churches. But I have never attended a church service. This statement can be checked with the leadership of the Organisation for the Advancement of Nigerians, (Organisers of New York Parade) and others whom I have had the pleasure of joining in their events organized in various churches. I have never been, and will never be, a Religious bigot. Anybody that had ever had any direct contact with me will vouch for me on this.

In conclusion, I wish, once again, to state I never ever told Mr. Onyeani that “I can never enter a Church”. I am proud of being a Muslim but it has never ever clouded my judgment of other Religions or people of Religion. Like most Nigerians, I was born into a Religion and grew up to love and appreciate it. If I had been born by Christian parents, I would have grown up being a Christian. Almost all Nigerians were born into a Religion which they adhere to and love. I don’t think Mr. Onyeani whom I had been treating as an elder brother and adviser would descend to the level of insinuating my being a Religious bigot.

Did Mr Oyeani explained to him what he would need to do when they are doing the church service?
Would this coincide with the Jumat service on that day?
Personally, I would not know what to do during a church service- When they are singing what would I do? When they pray in Jesus name, should a muslim say Amin?
Is it not really better that a christian who can fit in attend
Personally, if I have an event with heavy religious content, I would prefer a muslim who would not be awkward to attend
And I would expect a christian to prefer a place where he will fit in easily
And

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by klax(m): 2:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
Pls would you stop this nonsense cartoon of a thing that make no sense?
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by l2l(m): 2:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nigerians nd our fuckin' sick prejudice...we nvr even hear d guy side(d consular) we don bury am wf mouth..wteva man..if n only if d story is so truth, d man Bleep'd up...@least a representative wldn't du any harm to his so called faith
Re: Nigeria Consul-general In New York - "I'm A Muslim, I Cant Enter A Church" by lukkie(m): 2:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nigerians, the most religious people in the world, but the most corrupt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Wouldn’t Have Won Without Tinubu –Buhari / List Projects Your Present State Governor Has Done Or Is Doing Here / Governor Charles Soludo Marks His 63rd Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.