Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,399 members, 7,971,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 10:04 AM

Should I End My Marriage - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I End My Marriage (22229 Views)

Should I End This Relationship. / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I End My Marriage by buJu234: 9:05am On Aug 22, 2012
this is the greatest thing that destroy marriages these days... one party not keeping to her promises b4 the start of the marriage.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Ogenwannem(f): 10:21am On Aug 22, 2012
A man shall leave his mother and father and cleave unto his wife and the two shall become one..They can only work together if they agree. pls i still maintain that since the two are one now, they shall work with one heart. and the wife shall be submissive to the husband. e.g my self am from Pentecostal family but i married an Anglican man, i joined him in Anglican and thats how it suppose to be. pls let the wife joined the man to his church it is necessary and will help them work together.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Holyrule(m): 8:46am On Aug 24, 2012
okeymadu: @OP. I didn't read most of the post any ways little advise: this goes beyong being Catholic or Anglican. Your wife doesn't respect you and the earlier you put your foot down and take a firm decision the better for you.

If by next Sunday she refuses to attend Anglican with you, I suggest you begin to make plans for a "new life" as this marriage won't take you anywhere and will wreck you. She indeed deceived you. Perhaps, for your information, she still dey shine that "father". Goodluck!
correct. Though i don't support divorce, cuz its against d marriage vows, but if we must be honest here, as a christian, "a woman shall leave her mother and father and cling on to her man", also, "women be submissive to ur husband"... Catholic or not catholic, true christians are known by their fruits. But as regards this marriage, it is purelY deceptive, no doubt. Even without being told, she's meant to go wherever u go. But she gave her words only so u will marry her, am afraid, such foundations won't make any marriage last. In my humble opinion, only divorce her if its adultery, else its till death do you part... Ultimately, always put it in prayers and have faith, it might take a year, two, three who knows God's time, if its in accordance to His will, He will surely perfect changes, cuz on ur own you can do nothing. PRAYERS IS THE MASTER KEY. GOOD luck
Re: Should I End My Marriage by webcam(m): 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2012
Catholic or not catholic, true christians are known by their fruits
MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH THIS UR COMMENT
Re: Should I End My Marriage by krnl: 4:22pm On Aug 24, 2012
Once a deceiver always a deceiver, take note !
Re: Should I End My Marriage by 8ogoegbunam(m): 9:57pm On Aug 27, 2012
[url][/url]To God be the glory. I solved the problem with my wife. I prayed about it to God,on sunday morning she begged to follow me to Anglican church service. I feel very elated. She also agreed that our children when they come will follow my denomination. I love my wife and I do not want divorce. I gave her a concession of remaining a chatholic,as long as she attends anglican church once a month. Thanks all for your advice.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Johndoe100(m): 11:36pm On Aug 27, 2012
8ogoegbunam: [url][/url]To God be the glory. I solved the problem with my wife. I prayed about it to God,on sunday morning she begged to follow me to Anglican church service. I feel very elated. She also agreed that our children when they come will follow my denomination. I love my wife and I do not want divorce. I gave her a concession of remaining a chatholic,as long as she attends anglican church once a month. Thanks all for your advice.

Was that before , after or at the same time the other thread was opened? OK, I know, she read the superior arguments on this thread and immediately had a change of character.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Dupsychic: 8:14am On Aug 28, 2012
Husband is †ђξ head of a home while God is †ђξ head of a Church, y should Ʊr Wife insisted in going back τ̲̅ȍ that church while she already made a promise to quit after the marriage? There's more to it. Thou we are serving the Same God but she lured you into the marriage and u r not wise enough to see the handwritten on the wall. Don't divorce her but alot of things u can do to mak her realize u r a Man in the house not h£r. Bible says Wife Submit to ur Husband, so she has to abide with ur decision in dis Religion issue if she still Valued u or the Marriage. I cant shout
Re: Should I End My Marriage by jpphilips(m): 8:37am On Aug 29, 2012
8ogoegbunam: Honestly, I was not informed that the catholic doctrines mandates her to remain a catholic with any children from the union. I was repeatedly assured by her that she will follow me to any church of my choice
I know she is very close and friendly with a lot of priest,they waived a lot of catholic rites for our sake. I attended a few marriage lesson;a wide range of issues relating to love and oneness were preached.
I do not want a divided home. Each sunday ,I allways feel like a bachelor. I was warned by my parents and uncles not to marry her if she will not convert before the wedding. I won them over based on the assurance I got from her. I feel downcast and betrayed.

you are receiving marriage lessons from a catholic priest? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

more like learning driving from a pilot, you guys wont kill me
Re: Should I End My Marriage by cikadile: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2012
shaybe baby: I think you need to sit down and think of the vows you took recently. Did you not promise to love each other through and thin? Your faith is but a small part of your marriage. Why are quibbling over who attends what denomination, is it not the same God you both serve? You need to both respect each other's faith and work on a compromise. Your marriage should be based on mutual respect, love and communication. Though I'm not very religious myself but I'm sure the answer to your dilemma lies in the scriptures. My husband doesn't believe in God, I do yet he is one of the most moral and decent persons I've ever met. Do i chuck him for his lack of belief when he is honest, kind and displays a lot of the traits the bible asks us to demonstrate? Don't get caught up in techinicalities. You married her for who she is not because of what church she might be attending. Don't lose sight of the good things in your marriage.

19 likes? People are this different?
Faith is a basic component of who we are...if a lady agrees to go to your church to get you to marry her,only to renege on this after the nuptials, I say the marriage is null and void
Get an annulment, or divorce or whatever if you cannot handle it, IT IS YOUR FAITH, thankfully there are no kids yet
Life is too short to waste
BTW, I care that a person is spiritual and good, not necessarily religious
But I would never tell a guy I would attend his church and then not do it after the wedding
My own would have been not to agree at first, even if it meant calling it quits
I think the way his wife went about it is deceitful
But with love there is a way, isn't there?
But then, love would not lie or deceive a fiance in the beginning like that...cos it is considerate
Re: Should I End My Marriage by cikadile: 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2012
8ogoegbunam: I admire the catholic church and respect them , though I have my resevations about them, I do not despise them. I am liberal when it comes to religion,I believe that I can marry any lady, as long as we practise the same religion after marriage.I was even ready to marry muslims as long as the lady converts to christianity. Sorry am not fashola or tinubu. They chose the way their families and marriage should be. I believe I should choose mine.

Whether you admire the Catholic Church or not is immaterial...stick to your story
You sound a bit patronizing now, uncool

Re: Should I End My Marriage by cikadile: 6:17pm On Oct 16, 2012
naptu2:

So I ask again, did you sign the form? Did you attend marriage counselling? Was your marriage announced in the bans of marriage?

There is a revised latest Vatican mandate on that
A woman should try to preserve her faith but if suitors are not of her denomination or even religion, and she wants to be married.....she should go with her husband
In a nut-shell

It was before the revision that they would almost ex-communicate a girl and her parents for marrying outside her faith....

The reason for the Vatican revision- to follow the biblical injunction, "so that we may be one"
Re: Should I End My Marriage by cikadile: 6:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
Johndoe100: It never seizes to amaze me, why adults will turn to children for advise. How can unmarried 16 to 28 year old kids be giving advise to these people based on what? The "stolen" sex they have with their boyfriends and girlfriends? Anyway on nairaland, lack of experience has never been a hindrance to expertise. Some of the replies on this thread are hilarious.

But then, outta the mouth of babes....
Age does not confer wisdom/maturity always...
So you mean people 30 and above should stop posting their problems here cos a child might answer them?
What on earth is the matter with our world?
Re: Should I End My Marriage by ell77(f): 8:13pm On Oct 16, 2012
This is serious...

Firstly, why did you marry her?
Secondly, are you sure she lied about attending Anglican Church and raising the kids Catholic.
Third, did you attend marriage prep in the Catholic Church because for her to keep her faith a condition is to raise the kids Catholic, I believe. Maybe she did not know this before she promised?
Fourth, Catholic's have priests is this who has been calling her at odd hours in the night? What do you mean by 'odd hours'. If it is very late have you told her and him this is inappropriate?

In my mind divorce is always the last answer and most times is not an answer at all. If the big argument is she wants to raise the kids Catholic you don't have a problem. There are only a few differences between the two faiths and both are Christian after all. Will you instill the Anglican faith? If you know you wont have time for that, let her teach the kids the one she knows. They will turn out great. Don't let this be a pride thing abeg.

My only issue is your accusation of her possibly cheating. That is the only issue and you should take this up with her directly by finding out the truth and going to counselling if necessary. Not posting on NL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Handle Husband That Eats Out When There's A Misunderstanding / If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? / If You Are The Poorest Amongst Your Siblings Avoid Family Gatherings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.