Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,140 members, 7,907,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 01:02 AM

Should I End My Marriage - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I End My Marriage (22166 Views)

Should I End This Relationship. / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I End My Marriage by adino(m): 8:42am On Aug 20, 2012
@ OP
Religious matters are very serious business. I am a Catholic, a hard core Caatholic at that. I may date a non -Catholic or even a muslim. But, when it comes to marriage I will never ever compromise. It is either she becomes a catholic or nothing else, I will never wed in any other church. It is spiritually wrong to attend a different church with your wife or childrenn(God forbid).No body or principalities can ever con me into marriage,marriage is for a life time.
In a desperate scenario, if you cannot get someone from the same church, get someone else and let her see reasons. You can find love anywhere, love is not an automatic thing or any thing special it is just two people ready to compromise,tolerate and respect each other and you can get tha t from any woman who is matured enought to understand. Do not commit yourself to bondage That is my own sha.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by webcam(m): 8:45am On Aug 20, 2012
@poster its seem you are looking for trouble where there is no trouble.....let her go to any church she like as long as her religois dones not disturb urs....make up ur mind that ur kids will attend there mum church and you face ur own and keep monitor the kids...in my own personal opinion i dont believe that husband and wife must attend the same church...i told my wife not to attend same church with me.......what ppl dont understand is that religion is from mind not the show off will do in the church.............finally you need to decide now before is too late since you said ur wife is 36yrs i think she know what she want for her self.....the only part which she did that i hate is that she promise you that she will convert when you ppl get marrie which she dint.......ADJUST ITHER NOW OR NEVER
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Kashamannie: 8:58am On Aug 20, 2012
Y are men dis weaked nw u want 2 lie abt her goin 2 catholic dat d rev. Is her ex stop decivin urself jst put it in prayaz dat at least once in a while she shud go 2ur church it hasnt goten 2d point of divorce dnt make any sily mistake u wud regreat or are u recuiting members 4 ur church u are nt even happy she's a christian na una type muslim gurls dey convert "hisssss"
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Ninapha(f): 9:01am On Aug 20, 2012
8ogoegbunam: Religious belief is a major factor in marriage. If I had known that she will turn out this way, I would not have married her

I feel ur pain poster. My most concern is her insisting d children wd be catholics when u pple are blessed with them.

If i were u, i wd leave her to her faith that i can do but the children? Nay nay nay. U decide where they go so long u are spiritually sound. This is one huge problem wit catholics. Real big issue.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by sylve11: 9:12am On Aug 20, 2012
Kasham annie: Y are men dis weaked nw u want 2 lie abt her goin 2 catholic dat d rev. Is her ex stop decivin urself jst put it in prayaz dat at least once in a while she shud go 2ur church it hasnt goten 2d point of divorce dnt make any sily mistake u wud regreat or are u recuiting members 4 ur church u are nt even happy she's a christian na una type muslim gurls dey convert "hisssss"

If I say u need to go back to primary sch, what are u going to say? cool
Re: Should I End My Marriage by crackhouse(m): 9:24am On Aug 20, 2012
@OP, it seems good gals are hard to find in ur denomination. I wonder why u left ur denomination and went to another one to get married despite knowing fully well that u don't like her denomination, or did u marry her just to convert her to an Anglican? Is that a way u draw people to ur denomination? If not, i wonder why u are making a big deal outta it or is it because u have feelings that she's dating a Reverend?, well if the latter is the problem here, then i will advice u to take that off ur mind cos seeing a woman with a reverend doesn't mean they are dating unless u have a convincing fact that they are really dating each other if not, i will consider it a mere accusation which can be as a result of ur corrupt mind and i said so b/cos some people like having negative thoughts/assumptions whenever they see a lady with a man. If the Reverend's call is bothering u, then tell her to stop receiving his calls and that's all. Thanks, even though i still believe ur story to is a fiction.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by gentlegg(m): 9:26am On Aug 20, 2012
Religion is one of the first thing to consider before ever considering marrying. Though it must not be the same church but IT MUST/SHOULD BE OF SIMILAR FAITH AND BELIEF. Catholic church is one unique church that no other christian faith share same similar core beliefs with them. Someone who was brought up a catholic will hardly accept another church but someone brought up an Anglican can easily accept any pentecostal, orthodox church but catholic. I was brought up as an Anglican but easily changed to pentecostal, when i met my wife she was an Anglican and we wedded in Anglican church but she immediately followed me to my pentecostal without myself ever compelling her for one single day.

@ OP
A lady of 36yrs will promise to follow you even to Church of Satan, just get her wedded first and she will then tell you the name of her church. You guys are already married, nothing like divorce, just take it easy with her, allow her to go to her church while you go to your Anglican, don't destroy your marriage quarreling which church will your kids go; kids that are still coming. I believe time can change her.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by lanrefront1(m): 9:32am On Aug 20, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

There is nothing I find more amusing than someone making a case for the person they are arguing against. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Kobo said what OP wants to do is not Biblical and this dude decides to regal us with stories about how "church elders" are doing things, which is soooooo different from what is in the bible and that's his proof that Kobo does not know the bible?? embarassed embarassed

Hehehehehe. . .this is why we tell some people to take the time out to read the Bible themselves and stop buying hook, line and sinker what the Pastors say the Bible says cheesy cheesy

My dear sister, please get this into your lovely head (it must be lovely since your name is Sisi-kill) churches have been annuling marriages in special circumstances before you and I were born. There is no general rule. Each case is looked at in its own merit.

If you don't know, why don't get around and ask Ministers of God; yes even the so ones you look up to.

Yes I repeat again, some people think they know the Bible but their knowledge of the Bible is not balance and they take passages out of the context of chapter and, time and place and reason for which what was written was written.

Are you telling me none of those examples I cited is not grounds to annul a wedding. Anullment means the marriage never took place because one of the partners deceived the other by mis-representing who he/she or by lying about something fundamental.

Know this if you don't, they have been cases in church where impotent men marry christian ladies. This is especially more possible in church since a-no-sex approach in dating is seen as a virtue. It is the thinking of those men that because the church does not condone divorce, and since the lady is a true Christian, once the marriage is done, the lady has no choice than to remain in the marriage. Churches don't waste time in annulling those marriages unless the lady involved expressed otherwise.

Then one more thing, did you miss the part where I talked about Paul. Is he also one of your sooooo call elders who are going against what Jesus said.

Apostle Paul in his letters gave answers to some question being asked about divorce. Firstly, he cited instances that the christian man or woman has no choice but to remain in the marriage. Then he now cited another that the christian brother or sister can move on with life and remarry without any guilt. Paul said in cases where the unbeliever abandons or leaves the christian partner, he or her can go ahead and re-marry. Paul was specifically talking to those women whose husband abandoned them because they converted to the Christian faith which was not so popular then.

But hey, did't Jesus say that a man or woman committs adultery with whenever he or she re-marries.
? Is Apostle Paul, the greatest of all the apostles now in open rebellion to God. Peter, James, John and the others who were present when Jesus said this things were also all among the leaders of the Church at that time. Did you hear anywhere that the other apostles went against Paul. Paul was such an Apostle even when he chastised Peter when Peter didn't want to eat with gentiles, Peter said, yes sir and apologised. I guess you've never read those portions or the Bible or you've read them but never reflected on them.

But then, there is no contradiction in the Bible; Paul was only giving greater detail concerning specifities on the issues of divorce which Jesus trying to address. The spirit in Jesus is the same Spirit in Paul. Those things and passages from different portions of the Bible, which seems like contradictions, is the Bible trying to balance each other, so that you don't go too much to the right or to the left, but you remain in the middle.

The Bible says in Proverbs "Do not be over-righteous; why destroy yourself". But hey I thought the Bible said "Righteousness exults a nation........". It also say ".....only the righteous shall see God".

But then another person can say the same exact thing that Paul said but its not coming from God. There is no hard or fast rules in this. It depends of who is speaking.

Usually you are very smart and sharp-witted, but right now, you and dollar friend are talking like babies.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by dnawah(m): 9:38am On Aug 20, 2012
sylve11:

If I say u need to go back to primary sch, what are u going to say? cool
no! no primary scool will accept am o!na night scool o!
Re: Should I End My Marriage by k2039: 9:39am On Aug 20, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
if that was the reason why you got married, and she is not willing to comply (while you did your part) then there is no other ways than to divorce this deceitful woman.
you have absolutely no evidence of her cheating on you, so keep to facts rather than fiction.
You read my mind.I cant agree less
Re: Should I End My Marriage by k2039: 9:44am On Aug 20, 2012
shaybe baby:
It is in your opinion but I am saying there are other factors as well. This is but one of many issues you will face in your union. Should we chuck our partners everytime there's a difference of opinion or try to work around those differences. Are you saying that if she attends the same church as you but is a total b**ch at home you'd be happier? She has every right to her faith as do you, it is a fundermental human right. If you can't respect each other, free each other and look for someone who shares the same faith with you but don't go thinking that marriage will be more successful. It might not and what will you do in that instance? Love the person you are with.
There was a mutual agreement about the church they were going to attend as a couple before they approached the alter(she agreed acording to the poster).She is violating/violated that agreement.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Ama28(f): 9:46am On Aug 20, 2012
My friend, you are really asking too much of your wife and its totally wrong. You claim to be liberal yet you can marry a muslim and she will turn to christian? What's liberal in that?
Why did you bring up her age in this whole thing and left yours out (don't tell me she is older and likely richer lol)? At least you didn't just discover it now.
It looks like your looking for a way to dissolve your marriage.
There is not much difference between catholic and anglican.
I know when u married a catholic, they didn't insist you do baptism because they acknowledge that of the anglican.
This is what happens when people rush into marriage. Now you are complaining about everything, her age, your kids upbringing, your spirituality, her fidelity bla bla bla. My dear tell us the real reason why you want to abandon your marriage? Maybe what you hope to gain eluded you.
Sorry Booo but your stuck there
Re: Should I End My Marriage by DeAdvocate: 9:52am On Aug 20, 2012
All of una jst dey talk bulshit. D guy is nt married. He's just tryin to raise heated denominational arguements. Shun dis fucking thread. Ekwusigokwa m
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Imagineers: 10:01am On Aug 20, 2012
My dear Mr Egbuna, yours is not a different story in life. There are several examples of differences in the world, a weak man will run from it, a strong man will manage it.

Seeking divorce is not the solution, of all the various advices posted not even one person cited a personal experience, this is dangerous. I had a similar experience but I had to show love when my wife ran to a white garment church. An adulterous woman is an adulterous woman whether she goes to church or not, a woman can leave the house to fornicate with a pastor, this is very common.

You need your strength now more than ever before you got married. Take your mind away from what is happening to her, pretend as if it never occurred, have a deep sense of forgiveness and you will see the magic work. Her waywardness will be exposed and she will have nowhere to run except you.

Concentrate now on making provisions for your family and spent more time on making more money
Re: Should I End My Marriage by abitex577(m): 10:21am On Aug 20, 2012
As a Christian, and one who truly believes in Biblical principles, my advice one is for you to pray to GOD sincerely from the bottom of your heart for direction on what to do. Hear from God and not man, obviously, divorce is not part of God's plan for those who are married Mal 2:14-16, only on the condition of infidelty, even at that God expects us to forgive one another because He also forgave us while we were yet sinners. I want to believe that this marriage was contracted with very little godly counsel, otherwise your wife ought to know that what she is doing is rebellion, and it is as the sin of witchcraftry and stubborness is as iniquity and idolatry (1 Sam 15:22-23). Again, the Bible commands the man to LOVE his wife, perhaps you are not showing her enough love which makes her not to have confidence in your faith and wants to continue were she trusts. Lastly, on the insinuation of your wife possibly having a romance with a priest suggest their is no trust in the marriage, otherwise you will be bold enough to confront, discuss such issues politely without getting on each others nerves. I know you have work in your hand in this marriage...be prepared to work it out!!!
Re: Should I End My Marriage by OgeneDom(m): 10:24am On Aug 20, 2012
To hv allowd ursef marry in Catholic means u hv laid ur family religion foundation there. It can only be changed by you both. So saying she failed in her promise to you is a lie as u both took oath of marriage to God through Catholic church. Which means that you both are expected to build your family in Catholic faith. Dont forget that oath to God matters most and is more advisable to fulfill ur promise to God than to man.
To hv wedded in Catholic means you most hv attended catholic catechism classes, passed, recieved holy communion and be confirmed as a catholic. All these processes can be quite challenging and a trial of love for your spouse. To hv successfully went through that test of faith just to marry your wife is evidence of ur love and understanding towards her believe.
My advice is that you should think of loving your wife more than ever before. By so doing, you will forget the issue of church and her perceived cheat. Give peace a chance and then revisit the issue in two years time to allow you both to adopt to family life. May be before then either of you would have compromised on your stand for sake of love, peace, and desire for togetherness with your child(ren). I pray God to give you the understanding to knw dt your wife is you and therefore nt perfect to keep to all she said. I wish goodluck in your marriage.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by lanrefront1(m): 10:32am On Aug 20, 2012
DeAdvocate: All of una jst dey talk bulshit. D guy is nt married. He's just tryin to raise heated denominational arguements. Shun dis fucking thread. Ekwusigokwa m

Don't worry. I think many of us are quite aware that the guy's story is probably fiction as many others on Nairaland. But we are just having an intellectual discourse on matter that is probable. That's all.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by lanrefront1(m): 11:00am On Aug 20, 2012
DeAdvocate: All of una jst dey talk bulshit. D guy is nt married. He's just tryin to raise heated denominational arguements. Shun dis fucking thread. Ekwusigokwa m
Re: Should I End My Marriage by peclint: 11:09am On Aug 20, 2012
Simple Solution

Go on the internet , look for a draft of divorce papers.
Print it,fill it and put your reason for divorce as irreconcilable differences expressing the fact that you were deceived and you have high mistrust for your new partner as her word is never her bond
put it in a brown envelope, address it to yourself, seal it and unseal it(like an opened package).
When leaving for work, forget it on the dining table;

When Mrs sees it, she will get a reality check. She would most probably confront you, stand your ground and tell her that a marriage that is built on lies and deceit and I-syndrome cannot stand, it is better you leave early now and even if she had a kid, you would still leave that you can't imagine living your life with someone as selfish and deceitful as her.
She would want to make amend, and you would simply tell her to keep her promises, and that solves this issue.

I just think the OP falls into the category of the Mr Nice guys and the woman just took advantage of you
sometimes you need to show you are mean to check her
Re: Should I End My Marriage by 8ogoegbunam(m): 11:16am On Aug 20, 2012
Please friends this story is not fiction. I am in shock about the matter,but after reading the wise advice of a lot of people in this forum, I can see a way out from my jam
Re: Should I End My Marriage by AyeeIdris(f): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2012
@Op, you started this forum, stating that your wife is a wonderful and loving woman. So does the fact that she doesn't attend your church, suddenly make her the devil?. Not a christain, so I don't understand the church affiliations thing. But I do know one or two things about marriage. You also said once that your wife said that she would follow you to your church if you accompany her sometimes to hers. Marriage is compromise. Marriage is tolerance. Marriage is understanding. You keep saying she deceived u. Can u honestly say that you have NEVER gone back on your word or changed your mind about something. We are human. We are flawed creatures. As a married couple, you can't both be set in your ways and compromise is not an act exclusive to the wife. You are both christains. Not Catholics or Anglican, both christains. Never forget that.
Bringing up your wife's age was unnecessary and has subjected her to ridicule from people who don't know the first thing about being married. I expected you to have reacted when people were saying degoratory things about a woman you claim to love, but I think that's what you want. Catholic fatherS are supposed to be celibate, so unless you have some real evidence that she is cheating, don't give the immature minds on the forum a chance to insult your wife.

1 Like

Re: Should I End My Marriage by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 20, 2012
Did they stop teaching comprehension in schools?
Ayee Idris: @ Catholic fatherS are supposed to be celibate, so unless you have some real evidence that she is cheating, don't give the immature minds on the forum a chance to insult your wife.

Of the fact that she boned the priest before they married he seemed absolutely sure. What he is not too sure of is if their continued dalliance with mid-night phone calls is beyond that. This priest is going to have a child soon and OP won't be the first man to raise a child for a priest.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by naptu2: 1:18pm On Aug 20, 2012
Ayee Idris: @Op, you started this forum, stating that your wife is a wonderful and loving woman. So does the fact that she doesn't attend your church, suddenly make her the devil?. Not a christain, so I don't understand the church affiliations thing. But I do know one or two things about marriage. You also said once that your wife said that she would follow you to your church if you accompany her sometimes to hers. Marriage is compromise. Marriage is tolerance. Marriage is understanding. You keep saying she deceived u. Can u honestly say that you have NEVER gone back on your word or changed your mind about something. We are human. We are flawed creatures. As a married couple, you can't both be set in your ways and compromise is not an act exclusive to the wife. You are both christains. Not Catholics or Anglican, both christains. Never forget that.
Bringing up your wife's age was unnecessary and has subjected her to ridicule from people who don't know the first thing about being married. I expected you to have reacted when people were saying degoratory things about a woman you claim to love, but I think that's what you want. Catholic fatherS are supposed to be celibate, so unless you have some real evidence that she is cheating, don't give the immature minds on the forum a chance to insult your wife.

+100
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On Aug 20, 2012
lanre_front:

Clearly you are the one that is ignorant. You think being philsophical and an independent and free-minded thinker makes you think you know the Bible.

Sure, we are to study the Bible ourselves and not idolize men of God.

Sure; but you think you know than men of God over the ages that have served God almost all their lives and made great sacrifices for God, even with their very lives . So all of them don't know anything. You are the one that really knows. Even Paul in the Bible, an Elder and Apostle listed some conditions where the wife or husband is permitted to re-marry without any guilt on their part. But you guys just keep on quoting one part of the you probably heard from somewhere since it has become a slogan.

Then any reasonable person who reads my post will definitely see sense in it even if she or her is not completely convinced. The fact that you completely disregarded everything with total disdain says this:

I believe people like you are hypocritical. I'm sure if you got married in the church to a guy, who deceived you that he is a graduate, a christian, a business man whose business is into oil and gas. Within 6 months of marriage, you discover he is an AMORC and has a secret shrine in his house, he really his a drug-pusher and a weapon and arms dealer, he has three children from women he never married and far from what being a christian, he infacts hates christianity and pastors and anything that has to with God with a passion. Infact, he can't stand you praying.

When you confront him, he says it's all true and so what about it. He says you are his wife now and you do what he says.

I've been reading your posts and thread for a while I can fairly guage your temperance and your kind of person. I'm sure even before the church makes a decision, you would have made your own decision and absconded.

And don't even start by saying such can never happen to you because that's just nonsense. It has happened to men and women that are probably more intellectually advanced and wiser than you. It has even happened to some women who are leaders of big christian ministry.

And by the way, the church leader who I said has been sitting down with other leaders to consider annul marriages where the husband is an unrepentant wife beater with clearly no hope or intention of changing is Pastor Ashimolowo. Please let me hear you say he does not know the Bible or that he is a fake man of God. They are doing this because of an increasing number of women who are being killed in their homes by the very man who is to protect them. Revelation is continous and the some changes do not necessarily changes the basic fundamentals of the Bible and God's laws.

An example of your one-sided shallow bible-knowledge, but take heart because you are not in it alone:

You shout here God says in the Bible "I hate divorce". But in the same Old Testament Bible, God gave to Moses laws concerning the process by which Isrealite men should follow in divorcing their wives. Did you know that? If you say it's a lie I will search and post that section of the Bible. Can't remember off-hand now.

Even in the LETTERS of Paul to the Church, there was a part where he was making giving judgement on a matter and he said as he is talking, even though he has not received direct orders from God, he says as an upright Apostle of God (he goes on to list his credentials) that is filled with His spirit, he is speaking the mind of God and everyone can take that to the bank.

But I will agree the rise in theses times, all sorts of fake ministers have not made the matter simple as it was then. But it does not change the fact that elders
leaders in the church do make decsions like that and they've making for a long time. No be today. Granted Paul case was special he really really was of one mind with God. He infact was first among the Apostles even though he met Jesus physically. But I'm not speaking of a single church leader making decision here. We are talking of several who have steadfastness and are credible men of God, spirit-filled coming together. As iron sharpeneth iron, so does mind sharpeneth minds. So you think the Spirit if God won't be present in their forum? You think they are being led of the devil and not of God? You think God will not reckon with whatever they come up with as long as it does not contradict his Word. God is no respecter of person, but he is a honour-er of men and he honours his chosen ones.

Did you know that at a time, church leaders all over the world, spirit-filled men, gathered and decided which books to remove from the Bible and which book stays. They were almost going to remove the Songs of Solomon but in the end they included it back because through rubbing of minds, they came realize that it depicted the kind of love that christ had for the church. Does God not confirm today that the Bible is His word through many ways.

Like I said, stop thinking you are an epitome of Bible-knowledge. If you were a lawyer I would have called you a baby-lawyer.

Again, in the Bible there are no separate rules for those you call elders and your person. The bible says everyone will be judged from the same book . .. all the names of your elders, your lords and you will be written in the same book. The same rules, the laws in the bible, will you be judged by. So, all you keep typing is balderdahs if it does not even stand up against what is in the bible. You might as well tell us that you are in a cult where hierarchy matters because no where in the Church are you told that the pastor or elder will have to answer for your beliefs. You have access to the Bible, read it and learn of God. .. . not expect another man to spoon feed up what he regurgitates and then think that exempts you from responsibility as a Child of God. Notice: We are all called as Sons of God -- none greater than the others . . . . So, if you choose the way of your elders and not the way of God, then if they go to hell, you go to hell too. grin grin grin grin

The Bible is really clear of what works in the marriage contract --- what God hath joined together, let no man(no man would include your elders here) put asunder . . . Or is it that you have never read that verse before? Or do you have a special verse that you use to NULLIFY the command therein?
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Lex11(m): 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2012
OP, love your wife unconditionally. Pray and work it out... fellowship at home together as often as possible. Read Ephesians chapter 5 with her, also 1st Corinth 7.

"What therefore GOD hath joined together, let not man put asunder"

I wish you both well.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Dubemkelly(m): 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2012
Well,truth be told,wives shud b submissive 2 deir hubbies nd nt d oda way round,da young man wasn't man enuf in dat u left yhu own denomination plce of worship n got wedded @ur wyf's denomination,u deliberately called 4 this nd I fink u shud b able 2 bear da blunt...Now da deed has been done nd u nid 2 face d musik,I fink u dd dat cos of luv nd I blv u took da vows derein,so derefore,d rel fin shudnt be an issue,u shud hv stopped dis earlia b4 d betrayal of trust by ur wife,u attnd urs yle she attends hers nd wen offsprings suffice,u guys shud settle dat as well,preferably leaving dem under d care of d mother rel wise n contributing 2 dere welfare. Love is d bedrock of any marriage despite odds,its nvr all swt n blissful,does come cum challenges....My mum was a Roman catholic yle my dad an Anglican buh my mum left hers n accepted da denominatn of her hubby,my darln dad tho d Catholic church removed my maternal grandma 4rm participating in holy communion nd all worth not...Young man I advise u manage ur home nd luv yhu wyf da more,she might get convinced
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Dubemkelly(m): 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2012
Well,truth be told,wives shud b submissive 2 deir hubbies nd nt d oda way round,da young man wasn't man enuf in dat u left yhu own denomination plce of worship n got wedded @ur wyf's denomination,u deliberately called 4 this nd I fink u shud b able 2 bear da blunt...Now da deed has been done nd u nid 2 face d musik,I fink u dd dat cos of luv nd I blv u took da vows derein,so derefore,d rel fin shudnt be an issue,u shud hv stopped dis earlia b4 d betrayal of trust by ur wife,u attnd urs yle she attends hers nd wen offsprings suffice,u guys shud settle dat as well,preferably leaving dem under d care of d mother rel wise n contributing 2 dere welfare. Love is d bedrock of any marriage despite odds,its nvr all swt n blissful,does come cum challenges....My mum was a Roman catholic yle my dad an Anglican buh my mum left hers n accepted da denominatn of her hubby,my darln dad tho d Catholic church removed my maternal grandma 4rm participating in holy communion nd all worth not...Young man I advise u manage ur home nd luv yhu wyf da more,she might get convinced
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Dubemkelly(m): 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2012
Well,truth be told,wives shud b submissive 2 deir hubbies nd nt d oda way round,da young man wasn't man enuf in dat u left yhu own denomination n got wedded @ur wyf's plce of worship,u deliberately called 4 this nd I fink u shud b able 2 bear da blunt...Now da deed has been done nd u nid 2 face d musik,I fink u dd dat cos of luv nd I blv u took da vows derein,so derefore,d rel fin shudnt be an issue,u shud hv stopped dis earlia b4 d betrayal of trust by ur wife,u attnd urs yle she attends hers nd wen offsprings suffice,u guys shud settle dat as well,preferably leaving dem under d care of d mother rel wise n contributing 2 dere welfare. Love is d bedrock of any marriage despite odds,its nvr all swt n blissful,does come cum challenges....My mum was a Roman catholic yle my dad an Anglican buh my mum left hers n accepted da denominatn of her hubby,my darln dad tho d Catholic church removed my maternal grandma 4rm participating in holy communion nd all worth not...Young man I advise u manage ur home nd luv yhu wyf da more,she might get convinced
Re: Should I End My Marriage by martin2699: 3:04pm On Aug 20, 2012
Well, if you have been attending the Catholic church believe me you won't be in a hurry to contemplate divorce. #JustSaying
Re: Should I End My Marriage by lanrefront1(m): 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Again, in the Bible there are no separate rules for those you call elders and your person. The bible says everyone will be judged from the same book . .. all the names of your elders, your lords and you will be written in the same book. The same rules, the laws in the bible, will you be judged by. So, all you keep typing is balderdahs if it does not even stand up against what is in the bible. You might as well tell us that you are in a cult where hierarchy matters because no where in the Church are you told that the pastor or elder will have to answer for your beliefs. You have access to the Bible, read it and learn of God. .. . not expect another man to spoon feed up what he regurgitates and then think that exempts you from responsibility as a Child of God. Notice: We are all called as Sons of God -- none greater than the others . . . . So, if you choose the way of your elders and not the way of God, then if they go to hell, you go to hell too. grin grin grin grin

The Bible is really clear of what works in the marriage contract --- what God hath joined together, let no man(no man would include your elders here) put asunder . . . Or is it that you have never read that verse before? Or do you have a special verse that you use to NULLIFY the command therein?

I give up; your case is hopeless. You are not arguing intellectually. The goal of your argument can summed up this : I must win him, he no fit win me lailai.

First, there was nothing in what I wrote that suggested that the rules that applies to elders or leaders in church are different to the ones that apply to other christians.

Your mind is closed. You are determined to believe only what you wish to believe.

You are still doing what I talked about; u take just one passage out of the bible and you go ahead and make a doctrine out it. You say "what God has joined together, let no man put asunder" and ask whether I've not seen it. Ofcourse I've seen it, but the difference between you and me, and those who have a correct or balance perspective of the Bible and those who don't is that, one build a whole doctrine on marriage on just a quotation in the Bible while the other goes through the entire bible and takes into cognizance everything that has been said on the subject.

Did you hear me say God instructions to Moses on how Isrealites were to divorce their wives. Did you hear what I said Paul in one his letters when answering questions on divorce. He gave conditions under which a christian man or woman remarry without guilt.

But no, you only take one thing and fixate on that one thing. Whenever you want to discover truth in the bible concerning a certain topic, you take as a whole all the bible says about the subject. You dont take a portion or few passages and fixate on them.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Jei: 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2012
[i][/i]
8ogoegbunam: Thanks all for your advice. I married her in the catholic church due to her plea to me that we should please her parents who are staunch catholics. My grouse is that she lied to me that she will change her sect once we are married.I am a very spiritual person, I have my reservation about the catholic church. I respect all christians and muslims. Everyone have a right to belong to any faith. I believe that the spiritual atmosphere of my home have been poisoned. I have dreams and precepts that guide my life and marriage. I even gave her the choice to pick any of the numerous pentecostal churches were both of us can attend as a couple. Yet she insisted on cathlic church or nothing.am not a sect fanatic, but I believe a couple and kids should attend same sect.

My frnd I get wot ur saying bt d truth is dat whether its d catholic church or protestant we r supsd 2 b servin d same God. If ur grouse is dat she lied hv u confronted her to ask d reason for such behaviour?I notived u mentioned the fact dat shez 36 n may nt b able 2 hv kids
I jst tink dats u making an excuse for an imagined slight 2 u. Marriage is partnership if u n ur spouse cnt sit 2 talk tings out lik partners in d same boat n come 2 a conclusion u mit find urself marryin again n divorcing 4 anoda imagined slight

Re: Should I End My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2012
lanre_front:

I give up; your case is hopeless. You are not arguing intellectually. The goal of your argument can summed up this : I must win him, he no fit win me lailai.

First, there was nothing in what I wrote that suggested that the rules that applies to elders or leaders in church are different to the ones that apply to other christians.

Your mind is closed. You are determined to believe only what you wish to believe.

You are still doing what I talked about; u take just one passage out of the bible and you go ahead and make a doctrine out it. You say "what God has joined together, let no man put asunder" and ask whether I've not seen it. Ofcourse I've seen it, but the difference between you and me, and those who have a correct or balance perspective of the Bible and those who don't is that, one build a whole doctrine on marriage on just a quotation in the Bible while the other goes through the entire bible and takes into cognizance everything that has been said on the subject.

Did you hear me say God instructions to Moses on how Isrealites were to divorce their wives. Did you hear what I said Paul in one his letters when answering questions on divorce. He gave conditions under which a christian man or woman remarry without guilt.

But no, you only take one thing and fixate on that one thing. Whenever you want to discover truth in the bible concerning a certain topic, you take as a whole all the bible says about the subject. You dont take a portion or few passages and fixate on them.

Again . . .

Kobojunkie:

[size=13pt]The Bible is really clear of what works in the marriage contract --- what God hath joined together, let no man(no man would include your elders here) put asunder . . . Or is it that you have never read that verse before? Or do you have a special verse that you use to NULLIFY the command therein?[/size]

READ THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELF . . . Stop depending on elders and the lot to spoon feed you what is NOT even according to the Bible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up / Rev Felix Ikejimba And His Wife Welcome Twins After 8 Years Of Waiting / How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.