Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,951 members, 7,915,790 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:30 AM

Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take (20061 Views)

Core Arsenal Couple Celebrate Their Wedding In An Amazing Way (Photo) / Marriage In Absentia(pics) / Can Someone Please Explain/Justify: "Wedding In Absentia" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Gozzzy(m): 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
that na ruff play oh!
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by funmeme(f): 6:17pm On Aug 23, 2012
A friend of mine is about to do the same thing, all effort to discourage him from doing so has proved abbortive. He says he's in love and wants to do what the girl wants. I dnt like such wedding.mtcheeeEeeeeeew
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by andyanders: 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
Dlyna: [img][/img]

Na joke be this.The lady is just desperate. Maybe the guy dey prison.Make she kiss the picture and give am wine to drink. Yeye people.

Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by frond: 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
TCD: I think you people wrongly assume the act of marriage is the "ceremony". Its not. Its from the heart, a promise you make from the depths of your soul and spirit whether it be by phone, or telegraph. The ceremony is just for show, to let people know we're officially married, to have witnesses or for the legal system to issue certificate. so doesn't matter if its a stick that represents the bride or groom in that wedding party.

I doubt God cares about your marriage certificate or wedding ceremony. God does not need any signed witnesses, because he was right there with you two. Once two people "agree" to be married and exchange vows to that effect, weather by phone or email, undersea or in space, in jail or mortuary, they are seen by God as married. You don't need a priest, judge, lawyer or parents to be married in the sight of God. After all two people can agree in prayer, make vows or covenants with God in their basements and God takes it as valid.

If you need a ceremony and party to validate the connection you and your spouse have and bond you into marriage maybe you shouldn't be getting married. Most times, you know the heart of someone not by what they say in a public gathering, but what they say to you when you're all alone gazing deeply into each other's eyes.

TCD with all due respect, your view or marriage is totally wrong. Anywhere in the whole world either secular or religious marriage, the ordinance has to be witnessed by at least two people. However, It doesn't have to be open or public. The issue of heart is of God. How can you know the heart of a human being? How do you know when he/she says no and she/he meant it. Human feelings change from time to time. marriage has to be witnessed. All cultures attest to this. My opinion about the issue of picture is that it depends on the situation. The other partner might not have the opportunity to come for the wedding, perhaps he/she is in abroad and does not have paper to come home. However, they must have known each other before departure. I think it is insane to marry by proxy somebody you have never talked to face to face.
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Shaw007(m): 8:18pm On Aug 23, 2012
one word-Rubbish
another one-bullshi*
summary-complete nonsense
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by erico2k2(m): 8:28pm On Aug 23, 2012
jennykadry:

Then they are not ready to be married. If they cannot make things happen, then they are not ready to get married. Is the man in prison? Are they dead?can't they do it in whichever country where they are based? is it by force to do it in Nigeria? If it will take 10 years to make that convenient time then honestly i propose they just move on with their lives and with someone else.
Sup man, Im assuming you aitn been out of that country b4 so U av no IDEA,in some countries dont you know you need permit to marry? lol grin grin grin, and you even have to pay for them permit some times ago grin grin grin grin
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by erico2k2(m): 8:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
frond:

TCD with all due respect, your view or marriage is totally wrong. Anywhere in the whole world either secular or religious marriage, the ordinance has to be witnessed by at least two people. However, It doesn't have to be open or public. The issue of heart is of God. How can you know the heart of a human being? How do you know when he/she says no and she/he meant it. Human feelings change from time to time. marriage has to be witnessed. All cultures attest to this. My opinion about the issue of picture is that it depends on the situation. The other partner might not have the opportunity to come for the wedding, perhaps he/she is in abroad and does not have paper to come home. However, they must have known each other before departure. I think it is insane to marry by proxy somebody you have never talked to face to face.
I agree with you in most things you said here but that's on MORAL grounds, but who are we to question the moralities of others.The bit I disagree, they don't need to know each other, its part of the so called arranged marriage which is largely practiced in asia etc, its even accepted in England as a form of marriage.SO its no big deal.
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by SisiKill1: 8:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
To the two people posting the pictures. . .Are either of you the Bride or the Groom? If you are not, then I don't think it is right to post the pix. . . We know what a "Photograph Wedding" looks like, so what is your point?

Everyone has said what they would do and why. . .doesn't mean one way is righter than the other, so posting this picture for the sole purpose of mocking the girl in the picture is just wrong. See people already calling her names when they have no idea what went down. undecided

I hope you find enough human decency in you to take the pictures down.

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Jiah011(f): 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
Marriage by force? I didn't know such things happened. Interesting. It's silly though! It's kind of weird too. Reminds me of wake keeping and funerals when they hold the departed's photo up. I wouldn't have such a wedding. But everyone is different I guess.
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by erico2k2(m): 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
Sisi_Kill: To the two people posting the pictures. . .Are either of you the Bride or the Groom? If you are not, then I don't think it is right to post the pix. . . We know what a "Photograph Wedding" looks like, so what is your point?

Every has said what they would do and why. . .doesn't mean one way is righter than the other, so posting this picture for the sole purpose of mocking the girl in the picture is just wrong. See people already calling her names when they have no idea what went down. undecided

I hope you find enough human decency in you to take the pictures down.
Thats just to show you how shallow minded people are,mayB they are kids on here or something,I wonder why the Moderator/Admin is still leaving the photos ON
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Bawss1(m): 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2012
The family section has no mods. Didn't you guys know?

C'mon remove those pictures o'sisor!!!
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Bawss1(m): 9:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
angry
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by cuteonyii(m): 9:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
Haha naija poeple and thier mouth cheii!!
a singer said " travel and see" most of u vomiting all the eba u swallowed have not even cross ghana not to talk of Euro or Usa. no insult.. And some of u girls in abroad ranting like hungry poppy about trad and weeding just because u are enjoying the labour of your papa or whoever that watered the ground before u stepped in.. haha. wait until u wear thesame shoes that the lady or the guy is wearing then come back here and tell us how far...mgbo mgbo paipukwanu isi...

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by dayokanu(m): 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
cuteonyii: Haha naija poeple and thier mouth cheii!!
a singer said " travel and see" most of u vomiting all the eba u swallowed have not even cross ghana not to talk of Euro or Usa. no insult.. And some of u girls in abroad ranting like hungry poppy about trad and weeding just because u are enjoying the labour of your papa or whoever that watered the ground before u stepped in.. haha. wait until u wear thesame shoes that the lady or the guy is wearing then come back here and tell us how far...mgbo mgbo paipukwanu isi...

You just dey know naija ppl?

Na dem dey sabi pass
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by SisiKill1: 10:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
dayokanu:

You just dey know naija ppl?

Na dem dey sabi pass

Whispering

Please can you translate what he said into regular people language? embarassed
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by ronkebp(f): 10:07pm On Aug 23, 2012
A lady did traditional wedding in absentia with my cousin there in Nigeria, my cousin wedded another......
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Raymondeji(m): 10:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
This is an example

Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by SamMilla1(m): 10:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
Missy_B: Not my thing!
Starting something as serious as marriage with such unseriousness shouldn't even be permitted.

You are still young and beautiful. Wait until you are 45 and still single, you can even agree to marry a dead man.
I have learnt not to say what i would do in situations i have not been into.

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by andyanders: 10:47pm On Aug 23, 2012
NN
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ndata: No, the girl has greater chance to go and meet the guy,but the guy can't come home because he might not be able to travel back because he hasn't got residence permit or green card.In fact he is illegal in Obodo Oyibo.I have a friend in such a predicament now.

Let them suspend the marriage until both are conveniently ready. Why all the haste? If the guy hasn't gotten his footing yet in abroad...no papers, then why is he bent on getting a wife? Chill out YOUNG MAN...get your papers first. If you need a woman to sleep with they are a lot of them there. You an continue doing this until you get your papers and ready, then you can discuss life partner.
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by MissyB3(f): 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2012
Sam Milla:

You are still young and beautiful. Wait until you are 45 and still single, you can even agree to marry a dead man.
It's so sad you people stop living at a certain age.
Where I'm from, as long as there's life, there's hope, and both life and hope should be characterized by dignity not desperation.
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by chamotex(m): 11:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
Missy_B:
Where I'm from, as long as there's life, there's hope, and both life and hope should be characterized by dignity not desperation.

Marry me!
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Olaone1: 11:01pm On Aug 23, 2012
In most cases, it's because the girls are desperate for obodo Oyinbo. They don't just do it in absentsia, the also do it without any prior physical meeting with obodo Oyinbo guys.

I know a girl who did it but she's still in Naija. With her 2nd husband lol

Effing desperadoes.
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by MissyB3(f): 11:05pm On Aug 23, 2012
chamotex:

Marry me!
shocked shocked Cha shocked mo shocked tex shocked shocked
This must be your ghost . . . I'm just 16, and I intend to start marrying ghosts at 85. . . You'll have to wait.
[size=4pt][s]Where on God's green Earth have you been hiding?[/s][/size]
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by SamMilla1(m): 11:12pm On Aug 23, 2012
Missy_B:

@16, do you really know the meaning of dignity?
Close your eyes and picture yourself at 55 without child and husband , do you still wanna talk about hope?
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by chamotex(m): 11:12pm On Aug 23, 2012
Missy_B:
This must be your ghost . . . I'm just 16, and I intend to start marrying ghosts at 85. . . You'll have to wait.
[size=4pt][s]Where on God's green Earth have you been hiding?[/s][/size]

Just send me your picture, leave the rest to me.
[size=4pt]I've missed you sha[/size] smiley
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Tgirl4real(f): 11:18pm On Aug 23, 2012
chamotex:

Marry me!

Chamo still on Missy's tail after how many years!!! grin grin grin

Missy_B:
[s]Where on God's green Earth have you been hiding?[/s]

He doesn't ever leave that his sport section. I miss d good ol' days.

Sam Milla:

Sam Milla, where on earth have you been? smiley
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by MissyB3(f): 11:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
Sam Milla:

@16, do you really know the meaning of dignity?
Close your eyes and picture yourself at 55 without child and husband , do you still wanna talk about hope?
Some of us were privileged to have been raised in a family in which things are done with total dignity, and you can't blame us for emulating those great teachers, neither can you hold me responsible for the Sam Millas who have no idea what the word means due to deprivation of the aforementioned privilege, and hence, think no one else should. smiley

chamotex:

Just send me your picture, leave the rest to me.
[size=4pt]I've missed you sha[/size] smiley
I'm not photogenic. . . .Would a picture of my dog do; it is, after all, my possession? grin Say no at the risk of having no other option but a dead body grin
[size=3pt]Miss you too o . . .You abandoned me[/size] angry

Tgirl4real:
Can you imagine! We've been on the same NL and I haven't seen his posts in ages.
Who doesn't, my dear, who doesn't?! cheesy
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by SamMilla1(m): 11:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
@tgirl, i have been here and there. i love traveling and thats what i have been doing.
Hope you are fine.
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
Shaw007: one word-Rubbish
another one-bullshi*
summary-complete nonsense

lol
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by chamotex(m): 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Chamo still on Missy's tail after how many years!!! grin grin grin

Don't mind Missy, she's been chasing me up and down.

Missy_B:
I'm not photogenic. . . .Would a picture of my dog do; it is, after all, my possession? grin Say no at the risk of having no other option but a dead body grin
[size=3pt]Miss you too o . . .You abandoned me[/size] angry

Send that my fav one wink

@Tgirl

Please can you list reasons why people adopt this method?
I'm trying hard to think of any valid reason.
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by coogar: 11:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
ronkebp: A lady did traditional wedding in absentia with my cousin there in Nigeria, my cousin wedded another......

your cousin is guilty of bigamy!
the dude needs to be manually castrated by an androgynist!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Narrates How Husband Died After Returning From Church / Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage / Steps In Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.